its almost 2024 and we still discussing about Jessica departure from SNSD

• so it happen that during podcast, the interviewer ask Jessica about the post 0930 event and she answered it carefully, words by words. now it (again) become the hottest topic for this week on twitter

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

• At this point, we'll never know the real reason. Also, the group voting stuff can be abused so easily if your members don't like you ;(

If the majority of members do not want you.

Nothing new. We already knew all this years ago.

• I feel like we already know what happened at this point This is apparently from a fansite master.

"

(For context, this was from a trusted fansite master and they're known to be quite reliable)

1. TTS was originally planned to have Jessica in it instead of Seohyun but Taeyeon sorta vetoed that decision since she thought her and Jessica's images could overlap. Jessica felt hurt by that. But from my understanding, Taeyeon had made a professional decision, and didn't think of it as a personal attack.

2. The members didn't really like Tyler. He had been trying to "poach" Jessica into forming an entertainment company with him and he had tried to unofficially recruit the members. This didn't sit well with the members, considering how extremely loyal they were to SM.

3. The rift had been brewing since before Mr. Mr but it all came to a head when Jessica made a unilateral decision to take a hiatus from group activities. SM didn't actually mind it, 'Divine' was supposed to be the members' goodbye to Jessica before she went on to take a hiatus but after the executives got to know about the shady business Tyler was trying to do, they sorta gave her an ultimatum. Jessica chose to side with her boyfriend. And that violated a lot of contractual obligations.

4. The members actually couldn't believe how blindsided Jessica had become because of her new bf. They never bullied her. She was always the "unofficial" leader of the team, and the rest of the members respected her equally. Especially Taeyeon. From the members' standpoint, all of them wanted to fulfil their contractual obligations as a group with SM first and then negotiate a more individualistic contract for later, but Jessica wanted to rush into individual promotions first.

5. She had wanted to bring the members on board for her brand and afaik, her boyfriend was also approaching other business people on the pretext of "this is a brand being spearheaded by a SNSD member". SM and the other girls felt like that wasn't fair.

There was no bullying ever in the group. It all came down to them wanting different things. The plan was always to conclude their group promotions with an album and a tour, and THEN do individual promotions. Jessica had other ambitions, which wasn't wrong of her obviously, but it all came down to a simple matter of differing opinions."

• this goes against everyones side of the story. Jessica's, SMs and the writer of Divine lmao

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• I know all that. But 1 thing I know better than that: Tyler was hitting on another at the time. That's it.

And no, it wasn't Tae

Source: trust me dude (their manager at that time)

• it's drama and who doesn't love some kpop drama???

also because there was rumours and hints and all this circumstantial evidence but never anything concrete so (some) people want to know...

same thing with Jini as well (but to a lesser extent since nmixx aren't on SNSD's level)

• I feel like we already know what happened at this point This is apparently from a fansite master.

"

(For context, this was from a trusted fansite master and they're known to be quite reliable)

Fansite of whom? I think that's the most pertinent question.

1. TTS was originally planned to have Jessica in it instead of Seohyun but Taeyeon sorta vetoed that decision since she thought her and Jessica's images could overlap. Jessica felt hurt by that. But from my understanding, Taeyeon had made a professional decision, and didn't think of it as a personal attack.

Their images could overlap? I don't know which face Taeyeon was on at the time, but I'm not seeing it either way. I think it's more likely she didn't want to have to compete for lines with the group's other main singer.

And why does Taeyeon get to veto Jessica's memership in the sub-unit anyway? That means one of two things. Either SM really did give Taeyeon genuine power over SNSD -- which doesn't bode well for those who insist she couldn't possibly be responsible for Jessica's departure -- or they took it to a vote and others followed her rather questionable lead, an outcome which wouldn't be too surprising given that Taeyeon's BFF was also selected for the sub-unit. Another outcome that I really don't think was based on merit, mind you. If anyone should've been up for replacement it was her.

This all could have been avoided if SM management had actually done their jobs instead of letting the members decide anything. They clearly weren't ready for that sort of responsibility.

There was no bullying ever in the group. It all came down to them wanting different things. The plan was always to conclude their group promotions with an album and a tour, and THEN do individual promotions. Jessica had other ambitions, which wasn't wrong of her obviously, but it all came down to a simple matter of differing opinions."

They concluded their group promotions... three whole years later. I'm highly suspicious of anyone claiming to know SM's or the members' plans for the group at the time, because none of it ever lines up with what actually happened. Which brings into question everything else they say regarding what actually went down with Jessica. If these people were actually reliable sources of information, Jessica would be celebrating her 10th wedding anniversary next year.

• Because she gives free pass for these questions to be brought up on interviews in the first place. And she isn't helping even giving details. Obviously It will add fue to the fire for people to keep discussing and speculating.

How does one give a "free pass" to ask questions about SNSD? You're assuming she vets all of the questions ahead of time and tells them what to talk about. You don't know that. You're also insinuating that she needs to talk about them for whatever reason. She does not. She has a new album of her own to promote. Talking about something that happened a decade ago is not in her best interests, especially when she can't give details, which is why she didn't, contrary to your belief.

• How does one give a "free pass" to ask questions about SNSD? You're assuming she vets all of the questions ahead of time and tells them what to talk about. You don't know that. You're also insinuating that she needs to talk about them for whatever reason. She does not. She has a new album of her own to promote. Talking about something that happened a decade ago is not in her best interests, especially when she can't give details, which is why she didn't, contrary to your belief.

I didn't say she tells to them what to talk about, but It's normal for celebrities vetoing what they don't want to talk about. In the moment SNSD's name and said split, as a whole, isn't vetoed, she's indirectly allowing them to ask questions related to it If It's their interest.

For me saying the group votes on everything is details enough for people to speculate who might have voted for her to be kicked out and that's exactly what K-pop stans are doing right now. Unless what's on the OP is a lie and she didn't say it, then I will give you that.

If It's her intention knowing interviewers might ask eventually or not, I don't know, It's up in the air. But everything I've seen that might set fue to the fire for people to speculate comes from Jessica's side. I've never seen anything coming from the other members openly talking about it, that's why I mentioned her.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• Unbiased view of what happened:

SM didn't care as they got a cut of everything including B&E.

But her many endorsements would reduce the income of some of the members who hardly got any CFs. For example if she has a sports clothing CF, then the group can't have a group CF in that category. So the less popular members didn't like it since they would not make as much money, and along with the 1 or 2 members that didn't get along with her, voted her out thinking that she would leave silently.

So she was too "greedy" and didn't take into account that the other lesser members should make money too, and these other members were too "greedy" and stupid for voting her out as now they make less money.

• For me saying the group votes on everything is details enough for people to speculate who might have voted for her to be kicked out and that's exactly what K-pop stans are doing right now. Unless what's on the OP is a lie and she didn't say it, then I will give you that.

She said it but with no implication that was involved in her removal.

That was just speaking generally about the difference between being a girl group member and a soloist. Jessica was just speaking out having more freedom and independence instead of having to go with the majority

Anything and everything she says gets twisted to apply to 930, it's not always on her

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• She said it but with no implication that was involved in her removal.

That was just speaking generally about the difference between being a girl group member and a soloist. Jessica was just speaking out having more freedom and independence instead of having to go with the majority

Anything and everything she says gets twisted to apply to 930, it's not always on her

Maybe It's the timing that doesn't help, because even If she was just externalizing an experience as a girlgroup member, the question related to the removal in the same interview ends up leading people to associate both issues even more.

• I just want to make clear that I'm not saying Jessica is in the wrong for speak up about it. It's her experiences, her life and her feelings. She is allowed to either feel frustated or making peace with her past.

But I'm not lying when I said that when she chooses to be open about some things, It will make people to keep discussing and speculating. It's not her fault K-pop stans are like that and treat idol's life as entertainment, but happens and that's it.

• lets check out things

she can`t talk about relationships

she can`t talk about the debts she had with her fashion brand

if she talks about her books everybody asks AGAIN if it is about SNSD, or wich parts are based on true situations

and everyone still wants to know what the fck happened then

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• Until one of the parties gives a detailed account of what happened, or sets the record straight, speculations will grow like wild weed.

Sooyoung promised to write a book about Snsd in future.

I hope it happens and we get to know what really happened.

External Content youtu.be

• Because she gives free pass for these questions to be brought up on interviews in the first place. And she isn't helping even giving details. Obviously It will add fue to the fire for people to keep discussing and speculating.

She gave the group and SM 14 years of her life only to get sabotged so she deserves every attention she gets from being associated with Snsd if it's true that she lets interviewers do it.

• so it happen that during podcast, the interviewer ask Jessica about the post 0930 event and she answered it carefully, words by words. now it (again) become the hottest topic for this week on twitter

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

She looked so uncomfortable responding to the question that she made sure to not make it about her departure but her after Snsd life.

I don't think she expected it.

• And I never said the opposite

You kinda worded it like it's a bad thing for her to do.

For celebrities, non crime bad news is still good news because it gets people to talk about them which keeps them relevant.

• I just want to make clear that I'm not saying Jessica is in the wrong for speak up about it. It's her experiences, her life and her feelings. She is allowed to either feel frustated or making peace with her past.

But I'm not lying when I said that when she chooses to be open about some things, It will make people to keep discussing and speculating. It's not her fault K-pop stans are like that and treat idol's life as entertainment, but happens and that's it.

She was sabotaged.

She should talk about it as much as she wants.

I bet the people who sabotaged her now notice how much time they wasted trying to destroy her lol!

It's believed that Lee Soo Man played a role in it too. Look where he ended up. Lol!

• I didn't say she tells to them what to talk about, but It's normal for celebrities vetoing what they don't want to talk about. In the moment SNSD's name and said split, as a whole, isn't vetoed, she's indirectly allowing them to ask questions related to it If It's their interest.

For me saying the group votes on everything is details enough for people to speculate who might have voted for her to be kicked out and that's exactly what K-pop stans are doing right now. Unless what's on the OP is a lie and she didn't say it, then I will give you that.

If It's her intention knowing interviewers might ask eventually or not, I don't know, It's up in the air. But everything I've seen that might set fue to the fire for people to speculate comes from Jessica's side. I've never seen anything coming from the other members openly talking about it, that's why I mentioned her.

She's allowing them to ask questions because that's the polite thing to do. She was on a podcast. If she had shot down their question in the moment because it was about SNSD she would've came across as rude.

The group voted her out. We've known this since the day it happened, because she said so, so it's not news to anyone familiar with the subject, and people have already been speculating about it for years. She can't put that cat back in the bag.

The other members don't openly talk about it because it's in their best interests to act like it never happened and move on. That's why the group and SM both pretend she never existed. Handling it any other way could potentially blow up in their faces, as it's very likely that they acted unreasonably or even immorally and screwed her over. It's much easier to hide skeletons in the closet than parade them around for everyone to see.

• She's allowing them to ask questions because that's the polite thing to do. She was on a podcast. If she had shot down their question in the moment because it was about SNSD she would've came across as rude.

The group voted her out. We've known this since the day it happened, because she said so, so it's not news to anyone familiar with the subject, and people have already been speculating about it for years. She can't put that cat back in the bag.

The other members don't openly talk about it because it's in their best interests to act like it never happened and move on. That's why the group and SM both pretend she never existed. Handling it any other way could potentially blow up in their faces, as it's very likely that they acted unreasonably or even immorally and screwed her over. It's much easier to hide skeletons in the closet than parade them around for everyone to see.

Whatever you are insinuating It's the members' interests is not the point. I'm not saying they are right and she's wrong and should've been following the others' footsteps. I just said that, regardless of their intentions, they've been silent and, If It sole depended on them, people would've been speculating away less for lack of material to discuss. While Jessica chose to be open from time to time. That's all.

• Whatever you are insinuating It's the members' interests is not the point. I'm not saying they are right and she's wrong and should've been following the others' footsteps. I just said that, regardless of their intentions, they've been silent and, If It sole depended on them, people would've been speculating away less for lack of material to discuss. While Jessica chose to be open from time to time. That's all.

Tbh even if she is a bit more open about it we don't know if that is really what went down. We will know once more people start talking lol

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!