i think the 4th gen leaders for girl group have been solidified.

• do you agree? 53

1. YES (23) 43%
    2. NO (30) 57%

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

1)NEWJEANS

2)IVE

3)AESPA

feel free to argue

• Lol the aespa sneak on this list is funny

Gidle beats aespa on charts, on Spotify, on youtube, on music shows

20231203_103510.jpg

20231203_103516.jpg

20231203_103525.jpg

20231203_103520.jpg

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Depends on if it is just in Korea or internationally.

Only one of the mentioned groups did not chart in Spotify Global or YouTube Global of any of the 10 Billboard Global charts for their latest title tracks.

There is a reason why BP and Twice do the absolute minimal promotions that they can do in Korea.

• It depends from the region. Currently there are no 4th gen global acts on Blackpink or Twice's level that could unite the whole world. Different markets have different leaders. For example, Gidle is an absolute flop in Japan, meanwhile fromis_9 and ssera have a strong fanbase there.

There is a bunch of groups belong to "premier-league of kpop": aespa, gidle, ssera, ive, itzy, newjeans. However, nobody from them is a king of the hill now.

"You can troll on your main and we have plenty examples of that" (c) Ves

soojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-gidle.gif

• External Content twitter.com

Aespa aside, it's actually quite interesting that IVE has not that many followers in Spotify though.

Like they have almost the same monthly listeners as Stray Kids, but Stray Kids is No.1 followed with more than 12mil but IVE is not even top 10

• It depends from the region. Currently there are no 4th gen global acts on Blackpink or Twice's level that could unite the whole world. Different markets have different leaders. For example, Gidle is an absolute flop in Japan, meanwhile fromis_9 and ssera have a strong fanbase there.

There is a bunch of groups belong to "premier-league of kpop": aespa, gidle, ssera, ive, itzy, newjeans. However, nobody from them is a king of the hill now.

That's a terrible take.

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

People always say these threads are over done, but then I always see factually incorrect statements like the post above.

There is no sane way to argue NewJeans haven't distinguished themselves from their peers by light years.

• Aespa aside, it's actually quite interesting that IVE has not that many followers in Spotify though.

Like they have almost the same monthly listeners as Stray Kids, but Stray Kids is No.1 followed with more than 12mil but IVE is not even top 10

look at the date. its because ive just released 3 title tracks over the previous couple of weeks that individually did not chart in spotify. stray kids hadn't release anything for months.

• Let me remind you that newjeans' budget for debut was 20M $ . You don't realize how much is this.

Back to Spotify stats.

Fifty Fifty's Cupid - Twin Ver. 709,241,896 streams
    NewJeans OMG 540,133,322 streams

The stats from your twitter are selective and biased, specifically combined to praise faves. Every fandom has such stats be like: "the first group reached 49 M views during the full moon among girl groups established in the third quarter of 2022".

If we talk about GLOBAL popularity, till today nobody is even close to Blackpink. The closest one was Fifty Fifty but they were self-destructed.

• Let me remind you that newjeans' budget for debut was 20M $ . You don't realize how much is this.

I'm not going to be nice in this reply. Just a heads up.

This is a stupid retort. Who gives a damn about budget when we're discussing groups that all benefit from the biggest budgets and are signed under major entertainment labels? YG is a publicly traded company. Hello??? I didn't think you would double down on your trash take by offering up an even trashier take.

YG and JYP are literally stalwarts and long-standing titans of the industry with PLENTY of money to spare.

Nobody wants to see you moving goalposts and bringing up ridiculous extra criteria like "budget" to legitimize your horrific take.

Fifty Fifty's Cupid - Twin Ver. 709,241,896 streams
    NewJeans OMG 540,133,322 streams

Okay. And? Cupid is the biggest K-Pop girl group song in Billboard history. Bigger than any NewJeans song.

Notice how it caused me no angst to admit that? Because it literally doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the discussion. Guess what? Neither BlackPink or Twice have a song that performed anywhere near that well. Does that mean Fifty Fifty is a more popular group in the West than they are?

Fifty Fifty didn't last long enough to have one comeback and prove their popularity could extend past one song going viral.

Meanwhile, Super Shy was on the Billboard Hot 100 for 8 weeks, which is JUST AS LONG as BlackPink's longest entry on the chart (and it was a collaboration with Selena Gomez, mind you)

Another ridiculous response. You're grasping at straws.

Those stats from your twitter are selective and biased, specifically combined to praise faves. Every fandom has such stats be like: "the first group reached 49 M views during the full moon among girl groups established in the third quarter of 2022".

Another stupid retort.

There is nothing selective or biased about "fastest group in history to reach 3 billion streams on Spotify" or "first girl group with 5 songs on the Hot 100"; you only want to dismiss them as selective and biased because they expose how little substance there is behind your awful take.

You made the claim NewJeans haven't distinguished themselves as a top group and have no global presence with literally NOTHING to support that outlandish comment.

I brought facts that prove they have immense global presence for a 1.4 year old group. Add selling over 500,000 copies of Get Up in the U.S. alone to the list, or is that a selective and biased stat too?

Over 167 cumulative weeks on the Melon top 10 Weekly, behind only Big Bang in idol group history. That selective too?

If we talk about GLOBAL popularity, till today nobody is even close to Blackpink. The closest one was Fifty Fifty but they were self-destructed.

You have no idea what you're talking about, and I'm curious why you even bothered responding to me, when you don't know anything about the global metrics and are clearly in your feelings instead of researching the facts.

NewJeans have massive international popularity. In 2023, their total streams on Spotify was 2.7 billion. The second most streams by any girl group ever, and only behind BlackPink at 2.9 billion. That is literally close to BlackPink.

Sit down.

• ^ I'm not going to bother to post the 2023 spotify global rankings which shows which groups are really in front at the moment, because I believe in the next 3 months, when YG decides to throw the kitchen sink, the rankings will change again.

I suspect he wants full clarity on BP's contracts, so as many blinks as possible will embrace them as BP's little sisters, and I wouldn't be surprised if they do a collab.

• This is a stupid retort. Who gives a damn about budget when we're discussing groups that all benefit from the biggest budgets and are signed under major entertainment labels?

I just tried to give you a gently hint where are those streams and views usually are coming from. It's a common practice among big-4 and we know other examples which is not a goal of this thread.

You can't be serious, comparing any newgg with Blackpink or Twice, based on streams only. I agree with what you said about FF, but isn't it the same about newjeans?

Read my first post carefully. I said it depends from a region and nobody from 4th gen monopolized the girl group market. You can easily prove my words. Go on any Gidle, Ive or aespa stan twitter account and you will see a lot of stats and achievements where those groups are #1.

Even if we will look on current Melon's domestic stats, we see other 5 fourth-gen groups competing with your faves. So it's clearly far away from domination even in Korea.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• Absolutely nothing in this post was worth reading.

And then you dug yourself an even DEEPER hole by bringing up Melon, which NewJeans is absolutely dominant on.

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

They are the first idol group in history to occupy the top 3 spots on every chart in Korea, melon included obviously, for 3 consecutive months.

You're trying to argue that they're not dominating Korea, when they JUST won Artist of the Year and Song of the Year at both the MAMAs and MMAs (Melon Music Awards) in the same year, which has never been done before.

You have now tripled down on a terrible take, and it's clear you are allergic to facts and stats with a pinch of common sense.

• Random stats from newjeans stan twitter account is very reliable source of information, thank you ))) Any of ive, gidle, aespa, ssera or fifty fifty fan can put you back on your place, but you are lucky that I'm not any of them. So keep swimming in own illusions, I wouldn't bother you.

• Random stats from newjeans stan twitter account is very reliable source of information, thank you ))) Any of ive, gidle, aespa, ssera or fifty fifty fan can put you back on your place, but you are lucky that I'm not any of them. So keep swimming in own illusions, I wouldn't bother you.

Oh, the stats don't count if they're from a NewJeans twitter account that simply compiles their objective data? Bet.

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

Surely this meets the criteria now? Or is this also the selective and biased sampling of a fan?

:pepe-joy:

If this is swimming in my own illusion, I think I'll relax and enjoy the water

giphy.gif

• this question seems to come up here every month. don’t think it’s solidified yet

you never know… there might be a possibility that these groups might underperform in their next comeback and you’re going to ask the same question again lol

• I felt deja vu, someone used to make a thread like this in 2016. And a moment occurred in 2018 that changed everything. :facepalm: . for the current situation I agree with the list but have to add Gidle there. :finger-heart:

• no but not because I disagree with the groups mentioned but with the methodology lol

numbers

weighting

criteria

metrics

at this point I'm tempted to throw my name into the ring!!! which one of those flop groups is considered a "luminary"

• how many albums and tours have you done? can i get a photocard?

• No results found for "how many albums and tours has Lee Soo Man done".

priceless is also another for value

lee soo man has no values :pepe-shades:

apparently 9 albums according to wiki

Lee Soo-man (Jigu Records, 1977)

Lee Soo-man (Shinsegae, 1978)

애창곡집 (Jigu Records, 1978)

Greatest (Universal Record Co., 1980)

Lee Soo-man (Shinsegae, 1983)

Lee Soo-man (Han Kook Record, 1985)

끝이 없는 순간 (Asia Record Co., 1986)

NEW AGE 2 (Han Kook Record, January 1989)

NEW AGE (Asia Record Co., November 1989)

I don't think there has ever been a pc released for LSM - which means it's even more rare!!! lol

• This thread contains 5 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!