I have chosen THE BEST title tracks released by the top 4th Gen Girl Groups so far

• Do you agree with my amazing song choice for top title tracks? 14

1. Yes, you cooked (8) 57%
    2. Hell no. Get out the kitchen (6) 43%

The following write-up has been peer reviewed by a panel of industry insiders and experts consisting of me, myself and I :pepe-notes:

I will now pick what I have determined to be the best songs, biggest bops, peak songs released by each of the top girl groups of 4th gen.

Of course, I'm only picking one song per group. I'll do the easiest one first.

NewJeans: Hype Boy

• This was super easy. I love all their songs, but Hype Boy is already one of the greatest K-Pop songs to ever be released. This song is so loved, that 200 other industry insiders like myself, chose it as the Song of 2023, even though it was released in July 2022. There are literally 0 seconds of this song I don't love. Timeless classic on release, and I'm afraid I will never actually get tired of it. The verses, the chorus, the instrumental, the choreo--I call this song Pop Perfection.

LE SSERAFIM: Antifragile

• Another easy pick for me. Antitititifragilefragile Antititifragile is still suck in my head even a year later. I thought Fearless was okay, but when Antifragile queues up on my playlist, I get an instant dopamine hit. I can already say with confidence that it will remain one of my favorite songs from this generation. That little reggaeton beat, especially in that epic Kazuha bridge, is too nice. This song compels you to shake your hips no matter how rhythmically challenged you are.

IVE: Love Dive

• Not a controversial or surprising pick, but the best one. IVE doesn't miss with their title tracks, but this was the biggest hit for a reason. When I was on my K-Pop hiatus, I still periodically checked the charts to see who was trending, and I always wondered who IVE was and why Love Dive was popping so much. Then I listened to it, and everything made sense. One of the best K-Pop choruses you'll ever hear. Yeah, I said it.

aespa: Illusion

• Okay, maybe this isn't a title track, but I like it so much better than Girls and it charted better, so can it please count? Everyone likes a little yummy yummy yummy in their tummy tummy tummy, right? This is probably my most controversial choice, and there was a time where I liked Savage more, but Illusion has aged better in terms of listenability (if that's not a word I just made a new one) and has surged past it in total play count, I'm sure.

(G)I-DLE: Hann

• This is still their best song. Don't @ me. I love the messaging coded all throughout their most recent releases, from Tomboy to Queencard, but if I'm judging a song objectively on its enjoyable sonic qualities, Hann is still the best song they've released. Another rare song where I love every part equally--verses, chorus, bridge--it just hits.

--- Bonus Group ---

StayC: ASAP

• I really have nothing to say except I think it's a really cute and catch song. I had a phase where I liked RUN2U better, but kind of like what happened with Savage, ASAP is just an easier listen for me over time. This is the song that pops in my brain anytime I see the words "StayC"

--- Where did it all go wrong? Group ---

Fifty Fifty: Lovin Me

• Cupid is a very well made song, and I still enjoy it even with all the baggage it has due to external factors, but Lovin' Me is the song that made me pause and ponder if Fifty Fifty was about to become a really special group. To me, it is by far their best song and some days I wish it had gone viral (even though it's not the kind of song that would, compared to Cupid). And now, I will never hear it performed live in its original form. Tragic.

--- Did you forget about them? Group ---

Fromis_9: Love Bomb

• If you don't know, Fromis_9 released, in my esteemed opinion, the best girl group album of the year, Unlock my World, but uh, this song isn't on it and still ranks as their best entry in the K-Pop multiverse. They have a song called Fun, but this is the most fun song they've dropped in their extremely high quality and equally underrated discography

--- I'm totally not just shoving the JYP girl groups here because I forgot to include them Group ---

Itzy: DALLA DALLA

• Yep. One of those cases where the best song for me is the group's debut song. When this song dropped, even though I'm clearly not a huge Itzy fan, it stayed on my playlist the entire year. One of those songs that Itzy will probably always have on their setlist, no matter how many albums they drop

NMIXX: O.O

• The NMIXXPop experience launched with tremendous success, and O.O will be enshrined in K-Pop history as a legen--I can't do it anymore :pepe-joy: It's actually Love Me Like This and I don't even think it's close. No song from any girl group other than maybe aespa (on this list, I mean) comes close to the power vocals of LMLT, and it's easily the funkiest song on the list. Would love to hear it live one day

Okay, I'm done cooking. Let me know how I did and please leave a candid review. If there are different picks you would've made, feel free to share them. I will also poll this list, to see how people think I did :pepeflushed:

• You did great, I'd say aespas Savage or Drama instead of Illusion tho. And (G)-IDLEs Hann was really perfection but if I had to choose, I'd say Oh my god instead. Also, I think Itzys Loco deserves to be on this list. And I personally prefer Fifty Fiftys Tell me over Lovin Me

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• You did great, I'd say aespas Savage or Drama instead of Illusion tho. And (G)-IDLEs Hann was really perfection but if I had to choose, I'd say Oh my god instead. Also, I think Itzys Loco deserves to be on this list. And I personally prefer Fifty Fiftys Tell me over Lovin Me

pepe-ooh

Ooooooh. I knew I was forgetting somebody. Don't kill me, Itzy fans. Please hold.

• FINALLY, somebody recognizes LOVE BOMB as the best song ever made.

But the Antifragile SNEAK will not go unnoticed. :thumbdown: Love dive too :thumbdown: I am is far better. AND Illusion? Instead of Next Level :/:thumbdown:

Love dive is 2022 SOTY

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• Love dive is 2022 SOTY

Not in my books it ain't! 2022 SOTY goes to....

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• Not in my books it ain't! 2022 SOTY goes to....

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I mean it won SOTY at MAMA... But yea, tbh 2022 didn't really have a SOTY for me since I don't really know if Ditto counts as a 2022 song... Attention was legendary tho

• I mean it won SOTY at MAMA... But yea, tbh 2022 didn't really have a SOTY for me since I don't really know if Ditto counts as a 2022 song... Attention was legendary tho

No, it did not I remember seeing New Jeans win, I saw them on that stage idk I saw them win. :/

and I don't think Ditto counts as a 2022 song, Attention IMO was far better than Love Dive but nobody likes my unpopular opinion :holding-back-tears:

• FINALLY, somebody recognizes LOVE BOMB as the best song ever made.

But the Antifragile SNEAK will not go unnoticed. :thumbdown: Love dive too :thumbdown: I am is far better. AND Illusion? Instead of Next Level :/:thumbdown:

Love Bomb should've been the song to put fromis_9 over with the public, but that stupid Produce/Idol School scandal just anchored the group down further than they deserved.

Such a GREAT song.

As for your other comments on my amazing song choices... :pepenomad::pepe-firing:

They're the best bops from those groups without a doubt! What do you like better from LSF than Antitititifragile fragile?! ;judgingpepe:

• Love Bomb really is Girl group excellence at it's finest. :uwu-party-bee:

And above terrible Antigrafile (which I DID not LIVE for! Everybody liked it, I did not!) is FEARLESS. It was miles better than Antifragile. Antifragile :thumbdown: Fearless :thumbup:

Aespa's Next Level was so much more iconic and illusion. Will O the wisp is a hit but Next Level changed more lives and made Aespa more popular. :pepe-shrug:

• Love Bomb really is Girl group excellence at it's finest. :uwu-party-bee:

And above terrible Antigrafile (which I DID not LIVE for! Everybody liked it, I did not!) is FEARLESS. It was miles better than Antifragile. Antifragile :thumbdown: Fearless :thumbup:

Aespa's Next Level was so much more iconic and illusion. Will O the wisp is a hit but Next Level changed more lives and made Aespa more popular. :pepe-shrug:

Never seen someone hate Antifragile so much :pepestare:

True story. At a Mamamoo fan run random dance challenge at one of the stops on the tour, Antifragile had even the shyest people on the outskirts of the dance circle running in to shake their hips on (and off) beat.

This song is a BOP.

Fearless was just okay for me. I may or may not skip it when it comes on my playlist.

Anitfragile is a NEVER skip song for me.

aespa is harder, because yeah, Next Level is a great song too. I just slightly prefer Illusion :pepe-shrug:

• No, it did not I remember seeing New Jeans win, I saw them on that stage idk I saw them win. :/

and I don't think Ditto counts as a 2022 song, Attention IMO was far better than Love Dive but nobody likes my unpopular opinion :holding-back-tears:

Attention wins in longevity, like, I played it 147 times and I'll play it 147 times again, but Love Dive get's too repetitive, I played it 300 times but I won't play it ever again

(These numbers are random)

• Newjeans - I disagree, I really don't find anything special about Hypeboy. I find Ditto or Attention much better (tho the lack of bridge in all those songs is such a shame)

Lesserafim - I agree, it's the only song I really enjoy from them (such a step up from Fearless, one of my most hated kpop songs)

I agree with (G)I-dle, Ive, Itzy, Fromis (Love Bomb is amazing)

Aespa - I really disagree. Illusion is one of the songs I like the least from them. I find it so boring and monotonous. All of their title tracks and all Savage EP songs are much much better imo.

StayC - I disagree too. ASAP is the title track I like the least with Teddy Bear. I love Stereotype and Beautiful Monster so much

• My opinions are always the truth. :pepe-use-head:

That's because Kpop fans were brainwashed into believing the song was better than it actually was because of that one dance move (tiktok's fault). When you listen to the song without looking at the performances, it's basic and boring, with nothing fun about it, it showed Lesserafim's weakest points musically (which then gave us Unforgiven...)

If you like Illusion that's okay. But I'm on DA next level will win over it any day of the week ;judgingpepe:

• Attention wins in longevity, like, I played it 147 times and I'll play it 147 times again, but Love Dive get's too repetitive, I played it 300 times but I won't play it ever again

(These numbers are random)

I never liked Love Dive, on first listen it was a flop for me, I felt like Kpop fans hyped it up too much tbh, it gets unbearable to listen to after a while. After Like personally was far better.

Attention will always be better :mesmerized-bee:

• I never liked Love Dive, on first listen it was a flop for me, I felt like Kpop fans hyped it up too much tbh, it gets unbearable to listen to after a while. After Like personally was far better.

Attention will always be better :mesmerized-bee:

Tbh I prefer the aesthetic over the actual song, I liked Love Dive, but After Like is SO ADDICTING. But yea, NewJeans is AOTY, and by personal SOTY was Cookie, please don't cancel me, but it's my most listened song 2022

• My opinions are always the truth. :pepe-use-head:

That's because Kpop fans were brainwashed into believing the song was better than it actually was because of that one dance move (tiktok's fault). When you listen to the song without looking at the performances, it's basic and boring, with nothing fun about it, it showed Lesserafim's weakest points musically (which then gave us Unforgiven...)

If you like Illusion that's okay. But I'm on DA next level will win over it any day of the week ;judgingpepe:

I don't know how I'm gonna cope with these shots fired at Hype Boy and Antifragile :pepe-shame:

I expected heat for Illusion but not these two masterpieces

You two sure you didn't listen to some strange House remixes? ;judgingpepe:

• Tbh I prefer the aesthetic over the actual song, I liked Love Dive, but After Like is SO ADDICTING. But yea, NewJeans is AOTY, and by personal SOTY was Cookie, please don't cancel me, but it's my most listened song 2022

I get that, I liked the MV a lot. Cookie as soty LOL I tried listening to it but it just makes me uncomfortable ;(;( but if you like it that's fine :thumbup:

• The song it sampled from is too legendary for After Like to stand above any of their other title tracks ;judgingpepe:

It's my least favorite title track

That is true! Ive can never stand against I will survive, BUT they did channel the slayage energy and put it into After Like.

Love Dive just has that chorus that everybody likes, when the rest of the song is a snooze. Sorry IVE. ;(:holding-back-tears: and sorry YamaChwan :/</3 but the truth is hard to hear. :exit-pepe:

• Surprisingly, we have a similar taste. I'd pick eta for newjeans though, so bad for stayc, mitm for itzy and cupid for fifty fifty. For nmixx i still dont know if i prefer o.o or tank

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• That is true! Ive can never stand against I will survive, BUT they did channel the slayage energy and put it into After Like.

Love Dive just has that chorus that everybody likes, when the rest of the song is a snooze. Sorry IVE. ;(:holding-back-tears: and sorry YamaChwan :/</3 but the truth is hard to hear. :exit-pepe:

But I like Love Dive's pre-chorus. Man, I can't trust someone who hates Antifragile X(

Hype Boy is their worst title track by far :pepe-hips:

ahs-apocalypse.gif

damn what a chef. what he cooked

cooking.jpg

As a mac n cheese connoisseur, this picture triggered me and cause me great mental distress. Never link it again

Surprisingly, we have a similar taste. I'd pick eta for newjeans though, so bad for stayc, mitm for itzy and cupid for fifty fifty. For nmixx i still dont know if i prefer o.o or tank

Do you like the original Cupid or the twin version? And ETA? That's not a bad pick. Not Hype Boy level for me, but it's in my Top 5 for NewJeans.

ur only accurate about ive

illusion ain't even a title track

I'd like to see you try to make a better list ;judgingpepe:

• here kaay

new jeans super shy

ive love dive

lessserafim unforgiven

aespa next level

gidle queencard

stayc stereotype

itzy icy

nmixx rollercoaster ( was that a title trak??)

• What even is this list?? Except for Hybe Boy and Antifragile, these are literally the WORST title tracks for the respective groups omg. :pepe-hips:

NJ = OMG

Ive = I AM

Aespa = Next Level

LSRFM = Unforgiven

Idle = Dumdi

Stayc = So Bad

Itzy = Icy

NMIXX = Love Me Like That

Fifty = Cupid

• disagree

Ditto surpasses Hybe Boy for NJ

(hell one can go with any track released after their debut tbh lol)

LSFM - I prefer unforgiven

IVE - hey we agree on something!!!

Aespa - BM for me

Gidle - Hwaa since it has a very oriental feel to it

Itzy - Wannabe for me

(don't care for the other groups)

• H1-Key is a top group too

External Content youtu.be

• The disrespect to OMG...

There's a reason it's bigger than any song named here :pepe-toast:

D-Do you mean....

Or

:pepe-narrow-eyes:

• Cupid twin version for sure. The lyrics are awesome. I like eta bc its upbeat. Nj songs are interesting but lowkey boring to me, i dont feel like listening to any besides eta. Eta however is fun to sing

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!