Are SM creative direction now are heavily influenced by Hybe/Min Heejin now

• Newjeans fans point out that this is almost the exact copy of Newjeans esthetic during their debut era and their season greeting 2022.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Taking inspiration from Bts V album?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Red velvet also suddenly doing bag version as an album like Newjeans.

• What!?! :/

That's news to me.

External Content youtu.be

• So Taemin shooting his concept photos same place as an album he did 8 years ago is taking inspiration from others?

He is the original and the goat

Bring him into your dumb stupid shit fanwars and I will drag you to mud

External Content www.youtube.com

• So Taemin shooting his concept photos same place as an album he did 8 years ago is taking inspiration from others?

He is the original and the goat

Bring him into your dumb stupid shit fanwars and I will drag you to mud

I truly dont think that this person was saying anything about Taemin at all and instead was saying everything about SMs current creative director.

I don’t agree w the taemin comparison because idek what the comparison was, but i do think that the bag for Red Velvet is a little pushing it

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• I truly dont think that this person was saying anything about Taemin at all and instead was saying everything about SMs current creative director.

I don’t agree w the taemin comparison because idek what the comparison was, but i do think that the bag for Red Velvet is a little pushing it

Sis idgaf

Bring taemin into your dumb company stan shit expect me to grab your hair

He is the one whose posters are still up that lady's walls. HE IS HER INSPIRATION.

If you are implying anything is looked alike, it's copied from him.

• This reminds me of the time SM stans used to accuse everyone and their mama of plagiarism from wearing school uniforms, using same fonts to filming with an air balloon. But now to them this is just a coincidence :pepe-hehe:

Not saying this is a case of plagiarism, just amazed by the hypocrisy of it all.

• If the majority thinks there is a similarity, there is a similarity.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Maybe inspiration, min heejin has many good ideas and used to work for sm.

The bag one is probably not a coincidence.

I don’t understand the Taemin one tho, I don’t know enough about that

NewJeans é envolvido em nova polêmica com o MV de “OMG” | Revista KoreaIN

Edited 2 times, last by lialve ().

• Red velvet also suddenly doing bag version as an album like Newjeans.

Interesting. MHJ was Red Velvet's art director when she was at SM.

So when some Reveluvs accused, say, NJ of copying Red Velvet, they were accusing MHJ of plagiarizing herself, lol.

Anyways, Starship might be similarly inspired by MHJ era Red Velvet:

Not everyone agrees, and some don't think it's a bad thing and are ok with it:

• honestly it's not that big of deal. Not to say stealing someones work is okay, but nothing will ever happen to SM for them to apologize (even though I need to see comparison between both pictures first before I make a final judgement). But it would make sense. She was the creative director there for a long time, guess they still miss her "creative mind".

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• External Content twitter.com

Not a bag album version tho, that's just merch

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• Maybe inspiration, min heejin has many good ideas and used to work for sm.

The bag one is probably not a coincidence.

I don’t understand the Taemin one tho, I don’t know enough about that

I need to see comparisons of this lol

I have no idea what are nj or v aesthetics.

honestly it's not that big of deal. Not to say stealing someones work is okay, but nothing will ever happen to SM for them to apologize (even though I need to see comparison between both pictures first before I make a final judgement). But it would make sense. She was the creative director there for a long time, guess they still miss her "creative mind".

1698076137084-png.5249127

1698076174573-png.5249129

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

• Lulu i respect you and I’m not coming at you so i will ask you kindly to not be defensive with me. If anything is looked alike its because Min Heejin created the modern aesthetic of SM (2002-201x) AND Ador (2020-now) AND HYBE (2022-now). Its just common sense that the same person is going to have the same approach to visual branding, especially when considering that the same current existent team working on branding were brought in mostly under MHJ.

Taemin does plenty of amazing things and none of them, i hope, are graphic design because thats not his job. However his work that others have had influence on should still be subject to criticism.

The only similarity between these two Blossom88 is that they both utilize a box but like wtf of course a box is holding the item. V’s looks like a shipment box for something fragile, and Taemin’s is clearly a shoebox which are just different ideas. If thats the case then Taemin is technically copying literally anybody who’s ever shipped their items in a box????

(Not for lulu per se)

HOWEVER THE BAG SITUATION DOES DRAW SOME MF QUESTIONS

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

• MHJ ideas are all copyrighted under the name of SHINee and Fx. It doesn't matter how many other groups she used them on, people associate that anesthetic to f(shinee).

If she can't create new vibes for her new work, that sounds like a her and her employer problems to me.

This is Taemin's first comeback after military, so no, don't expect his fans to go easy on any shit disturbing.

As for other groups or whatever bag, I DO NOT GIVE A FUCK.

• Red velvet already had a bag album before

External Content x.com

It’s not SM copying Mhj, she worked for Sm for so long and she was involved a lot with Red velvet so she took whatever she was doing with Sm to her own company and that’s why Newjeans and Red velvet get tangled in plagiarism

• Lol well look at how creativity is suddenly purchased and owned.

Enjoy that comeback, i promise i’ll go tell mommy mhj to change her references for you

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

• Lol well look at how creativity is suddenly purchased and owned.

Enjoy that comeback, i promise i’ll go tell mommy mhj to change her references for you

Thats how it works?

When an artist director works for Disney or Pixar, do you think they are the owner of the works copy right or the company?

Idgaf how many times she reuses her ideas, kpop beyond SHINee doesn't exist for me.

• Aside from album packaging, this just looks like typical MHJ concept she did while she was in SM. Way too basic to claim anything imo, especially water concept. It is something I see among SM idols a lot.

I think in this case only album packaging can raise a question.

I mean, my only question is why did SM let this roll out after seeing Tae's concept. They must've seen Tae's photos/videos already beginning of August, after all it's one of their jobs to keep tabs on other artists. It's really embarrassing for them. They were well aware that this would cause people to raise their eyebrows. They just set Taemin up for dragging.

• Not a bag album version tho, that's just merch

Actually it's a bag version :|

it was the Deluxe limited edition album version of their japanese debut

where the DVD, CD + bags were coming together

the japanese album had 3 version, the jewel case, the photobook version, and the Deluxe limited edition

and MHJ wasn't involve in the process of SNSD, so it's basically her who took an idea from SM and run with it when she left SM

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

Edited once, last by SooYoung ().

• lmao they are already crying at Twitter, calling shawols bullies for slapping them. 🤣

I mean, my only question is why did SM let this roll out after seeing Tae's concept. They must've seen Tae's photos/videos already beginning of August, after all it's one of their jobs to keep tabs on other artists. It's really embarrassing for them. They were well aware that this would cause people to raise their eyebrows. They just set Taemin up for dragging.

why didn't their team check Taemin's press your number and ace concepts? Cause he did first and he is giving a nod to his old works in this album.

This was filmed in LA, early August. Do you think Taemin's team just pulled this out of their hat in couple of hours? It takes a long wait time to book that filming location. This was planned as soon as he got out of military.

It's Taemin's posters that are still up MHJ walls. He is her inspiration.

• 15 major fan accounts suspended for speaking on Taemin.

Shawols said not today

• But still different from a bag version.

The bag is additional merch for the album, just another inclusion. For NewJeans, the bag is the album design and marketing.

In a similar vein, Rosé's limited edition photobook comes with a bag, but like sjjd, just an inclusion

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• I mean, my only question is why did SM let this roll out after seeing Tae's concept. They must've seen Tae's photos/videos already beginning of August, after all it's one of their jobs to keep tabs on other artists. It's really embarrassing for them. They were well aware that this would cause people to raise their eyebrows. They just set Taemin up for dragging.

It is not SM fault Hybe signed up with MHJ one of the most unoriginal people who has been recycling her concept for years.

What you have seen with V is literally nothing original, it is just pinterest aesthetic.

Something we have seen in SM since like 2015

a895531bd39cfc2e8d01af45a14ab18a520b21d4f390d17a14ab8a1311d6043a.jpg

• newjeans fans need to sit down

They have really grown to be too annoying and it is giving me signs of becoming another army and blinks

Mhj was with SM. You can be sure whether those aesthetic / ideas were already with SM the team or came up by MJH herself alone. Moreover, the concepts have been done so many times by different groups before. It is nothing spectacularly new. Claiming someone own the concept/aesthetic is like claiming Blackpink owns the girl crush concept or Twice owns the cute concept. They just popuparise it /resurgeance. Not the creator

• This thread contains 60 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!