Jyp mediaplaying paying dividends

• It's wild that twice is now once again being associated with BP when BP surpassed & left them in the dust way back in 2020

I respect their tenacity,like "no we'll not accept defeat even if we have to work X3000 to stand shoulder to shoulder with the biggest GG in the world"

The stadium touring act moniker they adopted is paying off but yeah touring data will once again paint a different picture like yes twice can now play at the same venue as BP in certain countries but the attendance (foro sol for example) & gross (every concert lol) will be widely different

Jyp also jumped the gun & tried to book a stadium for twice in AU & Indo ,they will likely fail to get a 100% attendance in AU there despite a massive reduction in seats available 👀

All this clickbait type headlines however have proven somewhat effective for now

JYP is actually the master of mediaplaying not YG or hybe lol

• yeah i remember every conection SM tried to make to link Aespa with the name of BP, they stopped doing it since the backlash went hard on them

But yet it worked fine. Sm is still the puppet master of meddia play

and about op theme: Twice always worried about Twice and Onces, they didn´t care Bp at all

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• Some blinks only ever talk about BP achievements and less about their music. Those same blinks primary focus point when BP tours is grow revenue. Are you guys fans of the group or of the groups success? Would you like BP if they weren't successful? Are you actually Just a YGE investor? Then it would make a bit more sense why y'all mention gross concert revenue generation. it's so weird and I really only see success Stans focus on that shit so much. Instead of the actual performances of the concerts.

• I am not a BLINK or a ONCE but if Twice is so irrelevant, why do you keep comparing their stats to BP? Why do you care?

Hardcore is just pissed that Twice is actually doing the stadium tour that she predicted for BP.

• I'll never understand why all these fandoms have beef with each other when the actual idols themselves are actually friends with each other lmao.

I wonder the same thing myself...it makes 0 sense. When you find the answer please come tell me lol

• I wonder the same thing myself...it makes 0 sense. When you find the answer please come tell me lol

Literally pictures of Minnie, Jihyo, Mina and Lisa hanging out were posted, and you still have people out here having whole wars about who's charting higher and stream numbers... Meanwhile the idols themselves are hanging out together drinking Boba and watching Tiktok memes. It's weirdo and chronically online behavior lmao.

If I spent my time hating on a celebrity on the internet instead of doing something productive, and my friends found out about it, I'd get cooked. :skull:

• Literally pictures of Minnie, Jihyo, Mina and Lisa hanging out were posted, and you still have people out here having whole wars about who's charting higher and stream numbers... Meanwhile the idols themselves are hanging out together drinking Boba and watching Tiktok memes. It's weirdo and chronically online behavior lmao.

If I spent my time hating on a celebrity on the internet instead of doing something productive, and my friends found out about it, I'd get cooked. :skull:

I actually wonder if and how many idol friendships got ruined thanks to fans being like this. It must be mega awks to see your fans bombarding your friends page with hate and your company telling you to ignore it.

• Literally pictures of Minnie, Jihyo, Mina and Lisa hanging out were posted, and you still have people out here having whole wars about who's charting higher and stream numbers... Meanwhile the idols themselves are hanging out together drinking Boba and watching Tiktok memes. It's weirdo and chronically online behavior lmao.

It's the same with moas and stays...like stays are sometimes such a nasty fandom...even towards atiny

yet ateez stray kids and txt are literal best friends

I sit here and love that they share photos together and the interactions and i know bang chan has told stays to chill out several times yet...they still fighting

i don't get it lol.

I guess we never will....

lol i have no rl friends i chill with so i'm good though if i had that much anger and hate in me i'd probably get on some better happy pills lol

• I actually wonder if and how many idol friendships got ruined thanks to fans being like this. It must be mega awks to see your fans bombarding your friends page with hate and your company telling you to ignore it.

Honestly? Unfortunately, I'm sure it's happened. Or at least, people can't hang out publicly or interact because people are going to flip all the way out in the worst way possible. Take G-Idle for example. There's no way that they don't talk to Soojin or hang with her anymore after the whole incident happened, since it's not like moved or passed away. But if they're ever seen with her, we all know what's going to happen next.

If idols had more free agency to tell people to shut the fuck up sometimes and these labels actually stood by their artists and put their foot down instead of shitting themselves every time people get irate over the smallest of things, imagine how things would change. You never let the lunatics run the asylum.

I'm glad you mentioned Stray Kids, because it's a perfect example of how fans can be an idol's worst enemy sometimes.

Now, I'm not gonna demonize most Stays, I believe most had enough sense to not act a fool. But look what happened when it came out that Chan's Room isn't a thing anymore. Fans will scream and yell at these companies to protect their artists, but when they actually DO take measures, they don't like it. Because beyond posting a press-release about saying "Hey, if y'all say anything mean about Chan, we're gonna sue you", what else can they legitimately do? Companies can't take everyone to court, that's like shooting a harpoon at a school of fish and thinking they'll never swim there again.

And then when the guy goes on Bubble to say "Hey guys, it's all my choice" (admittedly not addressing it directly, but clearly a reference to what was going on at the time), what do people do? They say "Chan's just saying that to protect the company!" or "JYPE is forcing him to say that!!!"

Now we've officially reached a place where no matter what the guy says, people already have a narrative in their heads and will act on that until they get what they want. Not once considering how he may feel about it all, they just assume he's helpless and think a protest truck is going to be what saves the day.

Ultimately, people take kpop too seriously sometimes. And I get it. But I'd be lying if I didn't get exhausted by seeing what happens in here sometimes. :skull:

• I personally think chan saw what xome toxic stays did and chose to take a break. Hes akways said he doesnt care what management thinks. Pretty sure this was his choice.

But yeah the protest trucks are wild I cannot fathom why fans do that...im glad they haven't worked towards Seventeen Josh poor guy...fans always be like I don't care if my bias dates let him be happy bit turn around and sabotage them over rumors or if they actually date... it's exhausting seeing such behavior.. I can't take these people serious sometimes.

• Why is it always so important to argue about which groups is most successful and popular? I have never really understood this. I can understand discussions and argouing about which songs and groups that is the best, I do that to, but the constant talks about which group is the top group, the one that sales most, doing best in charts. etc. Why? Does it really matter? I can understand if it's a small group with little success you can be happy if they doing well with a new song, but for bigger groups that pretty much always have songs that tops the charts, does it matter much? no.

• Twice's hard work is paying dividends, however your drunk posting is not. You sound desperate.

• I personally think chan saw what xome toxic stays did and chose to take a break. Hes akways said he doesnt care what management thinks. Pretty sure this was his choice.

But yeah the protest trucks are wild I cannot fathom why fans do that...im glad they haven't worked towards Seventeen Josh poor guy...fans always be like I don't care if my bias dates let him be happy bit turn around and sabotage them over rumors or if they actually date... it's exhausting seeing such behavior.. I can't take these people serious sometimes.

I have that same opinion too, I think it was mutual decision. Of course, we can't prove it, but it wouldn't surprise me if he had more of a say in that than people think. Can't blame him either, I'd completely understand.

That whole situation with Josh is unfortunate, and this is why there's a lot that needs to change in the industry. And it starts with the companies. If they stop doing this whole boyfriend/girlfriend nonsense with the fans and stop trying to make these people look so "perfect", we'd have less instances of things like this happening. And the companies encourage this kind of behaviour out of fans because they know the more passionate a person gets, the more money they'll spend. Of course, all forms of entertainment has this element, but Kpop in particular really leans into it.

Tying this back into this thread in particular, why is "media play" even a concern? Every fan wants their favorite artists to be successful, but why make two groups compete when both can co-exist and succeed just fine? There's room for everyone. Isn't it actually a good thing that multiple acts can achieve success? That means more people are catching on, and when that happens, everyone can win. But the issue is that some fans take their favorite's wins as their wins and also take their favorite's losses as their losses as well. And that's probably why it gets so personal.

• I have that same opinion too, I think it was mutual decision. Of course, we can't prove it, but it wouldn't surprise me if he had more of a say in that than people think. Can't blame him either, I'd completely understand.

That whole situation with Josh is unfortunate, and this is why there's a lot that needs to change in the industry. And it starts with the companies. If they stop doing this whole boyfriend/girlfriend nonsense with the fans and stop trying to make these people look so "perfect", we'd have less instances of things like this happening. And the companies encourage this kind of behaviour out of fans because they know the more passionate a person gets, the more money they'll spend. Of course, all forms of entertainment has this element, but Kpop in particular really leans into it.

Tying this back into this thread in particular, why is "media play" even a concern? Every fan wants their favorite artists to be successful, but why make two groups compete when both can co-exist and succeed just fine? There's room for everyone. Isn't it actually a good thing that multiple acts can achieve success? That means more people are catching on, and when that happens, everyone can win. But the issue is that some fans take their favorite's wins as their wins and also take their favorite's losses as their losses as well. And that's probably why it gets so personal.

Ahh yeah i had a mini episode where i threw a fit and was so mad when ateez had lost to a gg and akp owner actually pulled me aside and gave me a nice talk and opened my eyes.

Of course I want my faves to do well and win but I realized winning isn't everything. I'd rather have music and content and seeing then happy then caring about winning everything.

I also agree that doing the whole fan service thing is a bit annoying. I stan over 30 bgs many are very nugu and thankfully don't act that way for the most part. The ones who do usually are being silly.

I dont tgi k jyoe needs to do any kind of mediaplay their groups can do well without that extra crap.

• I do agree that JYPE has a way more aggressive media play than YGE, but that kinda makes sense given their trajectory, but I thought you would at least show some examples.

• Nah YG doesn't really media play like at all nowadays not even with treasure lol

Maybe they will with BM since they will have something to prove lol

• Some blinks only ever talk about BP achievements and less about their music. Those same blinks primary focus point when BP tours is grow revenue. Are you guys fans of the group or of the groups success? Would you like BP if they weren't successful? Are you actually Just a YGE investor? Then it would make a bit more sense why y'all mention gross concert revenue generation. it's so weird and I really only see success Stans focus on that shit so much. Instead of the actual performances of the concerts.

It's fucking impressive that BP can gross X amount from a single show when me & well almost every blink thought they wouldn't sell out

Make no mistake,YG definitely milked blinks but we also leaving YG behind so 👍

I'd actually like to see TBL do the opposite & have BP tickets or atleast the US ones be like $200 on average as opposed to the current 280-300 average price

• Nah YG doesn't really media play like at all nowadays not even with treasure lol

Yep, they do

Blackpink renewal contract is here, lol. BM as a trainees come out with such a huge media play. YG said they have 9 Jennies in BM and the Thai members are the second Lisa. Lots of Lisa stans even supporting that member who YG media play as someone who Lisa directly coached.

And they actually doing lots of media play for treasure but no one really care. Do we even care about bg especially here? There is even a post here from last month if I'm not mistaken saying treasure will top the bb 200 with the highest sales ever in kpop.

And all those rumours and private pics about Lisa. It's interesting to know if they're not involved at all.

• Yep, they do

That's a thread made here not a YG press release

Funny enough their new album didn't chart like at all even with the distribution, first time I've seen a group fail to chart with physical distribution

• Blackpink renewal contract is here, lol. BM as a trainees come out with such a huge media play. YG said they have 9 Jennies in BM and the Thai members are the second Lisa. Lots of Lisa stans even supporting that member who YG media play as someone who Lisa directly coached.

And they actually doing lots of media play for treasure but no one really care. Do we even care about bg especially here? There is even a post here from last month if I'm not mistaken saying treasure will top the bb 200 with the highest sales ever for kpop.

And all those rumours and private pics about Lisa. It's interesting to know if they're not involved at all.

Yeah like I said with BM,they are under pressure lol

All those are made by users here

Those Lisa date pics are by akgaes

• Yeah like I said with BM,they are under pressure lol

All those are made by users here

Those Lisa date pics are by akgaes

Lol, guess who the one said lots of Treasure sales are coming from the US? Akgaes in private lounge in overseas with a billionaire family? Who's gonna believe that.

So, why with that narrative that they don't do media play these days. There are doing it but Treasure are too far behind other big 4 bg for anyone to notice. Bp is their only relevant groups leave. This contract renewal is the prove of how they actually media play a lot. Jyp and Hybe didn't drag Twice and Bts contract renewal this long lol. They make this whole things really dramatic.

• Lol, guess who the one said lots of Treasure sales are coming from the US? Akgaes in private lounge in overseas with a billionaire family? Who's gonna believe that.

So, why with that narrative that they don't do media play these days. There are doing it but Treasure are too far behind other big 4 bg for anyone to notice. Bp is their only relevant groups leave. This contract renewal is the prove of how they actually media play a lot. Jyp and Hybe didn't drag Twice and Bts contract renewal this long lol. They make this whole things really dramatic.

BP hasn't renewed with YG

They signed with TBL

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!