Korea's biggest musical act is Ive, there is no question.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ive is standing with giants right now. Melon Monthly Chart reflects both amazing longevity and peak popularity and Ive has both. Four of their first five songs have made #1 on Melon's MONTHLY chart 8|8|

• pretty sure both IVE and NewJeans will collect even more of those

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You forgot 4th Gen in the title :*

Why Army like you fear IVE?

External Content youtu.be

• congrats but I don't think so lol what about unique listeners or the most streamed?

not to mention as other things like ranking on Forbes Korea and gallup among other things

• Why Army like you fear IVE?

i mean she's not wrong. yes in Korea IVE may be a big musical act big but they're not Korea's biggest musical act

that would have to go to either BTS or BLACKPINK

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵐᵃᵏᶤᶰᵍ ᵐᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵒʸ ʷᶤᵗʰ ˡᵘᵛ˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

Aesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFsK-POPPIN IN PINKAesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFs

• i mean she's not wrong. yes in Korea IVE may be a big musical act big but they're not Korea's biggest musical act

that would have to go to either BTS or BLACKPINK

Alas, Father Time comes for us all. You may have been right in 2018-2020 when BTS and BP peaked with BWL/Dyna/D4/HYLT/LSG.

But it's 2023 now.

Aespa ended the entire 2nd and 3rd generation when Next Level defeated Butter and Celebrity and set the stage for the 4th gen's rise to power.

Pink Venom and Shut Down couldnt match up to the fists of fury wielded by New Jeans then Ive. Jisoo's solo couldn't take down New Jeans, Ive or Lesserafim. BTS's last single was drowned by Ive and Gidle, and none of their solos made an impact.

It is 4th gen GG's world right now, the rest of us are just living in it. And Ive is the queen bee on top of everyone.

Just think of this simple fact:

80 percent of Ive's promoted singles/title tracks have reached #1 on Melon Monthly.

What percentage of BTS promoted singles/titles have reached #1 on this chart? 5 percent? With BP i think only D4 and HYLT have topped this chart out of maybe 14 promoted singles/titles which equals about 15 percent.

• but ar they getting as many cf deals and ambassador deals and other deals like nj?

Are those NJ deals real or just mediaplay doe? :whatb:

Ive deals like WY's MiuMiu seem more real since i actually see her wearing their products and visibly advertising for them consistenly...Are Minji and Hanni actually actively promoting for their European fashion houses or was it just a one event publicity trip like the one that Hanni went to recently.

• How many times have IVE topped spotify, youtube weekly chart or any relevant billboard chart. Awaiting for your answer. Not even gonna ask about aespa :holding-back-tears:

• Damn. You just roasted the hell out of Army. They out here thinking its still 2018 lol.

That was a bad ass post. Hi five!

• It's NewJeans. They are EVERYWHERE in South Korea; and are coming for a daesang sweep at the end of the year. They have bagged several major cfs with big names in Korea like Shinhan Bank, LG, SK Telecom, McDonald's Korea, OiOi, Carin, and the list goes on. They broke a record set by BTS and IU with Ditto being the song with the most PAKS first by a female artist and then for an artist overall with thier FIRST comeback. Hype Boy has spend 42 weeks and counting in the Melon top 10 and could be the first song in history to spend over a year. NewJeans are having the most successful first year since TWICE. And in that year they have manged to rack up several massive hits.

• Exactly. It's 2023 now.

Jimin has a #1 Billboard Song with Like Crazy. Don't start with the "but he immediately dropped from that position" BS. we all know BB comes up with some weird-ass rule so BTS can't top the chart yet Bangtan always finds a way. He was the 1st korean soloist to do so & 2nd act after BTS to get a #1 song

BTS got a MAMA platinum award for having done Daesang sweeps and so far being THE only to do so in Korea.

BTS won Artist of The Year last year during MAMA.

BLACKPINK got a #1 Billboard album last year for Born Pink. What 4th gen group has done that?

And tell me, how many #1 on BB Hot 100 does IVE have? or aespa?

Sure, they may be doing big things, but just not that big enough yet.

and also K-Charts matter but so do International charts, well Billboard charts specifically :)

• External Content twitter.com

• Why Army like you fear IVE?

Damn. You just roasted the hell out of Army. They out here thinking its still 2018 lol.

That was a bad ass post. Hi five!

That wasn't fear, and you may want to believe he did something, but he didn't, LOL.

This wasn't even about BTS. Every other day a new group gets "annointed." Y'all were doing it to Aespa when they got their hit with Next Level. This type of post is not really original. Hell BlackpinkHouse probably made this same post and BP and IZONE in the past, lol

• That wasn't fear, and you may want to believe he did something, but he didn't, LOL.

This wasn't even about BTS. Every other day a new group gets "annointed." Y'all were doing it to Aespa when they got their hit with Next Level. This type of post is not really original. Hell BlackpinkHouse probably made this same post and BP and IZONE in the past, lol

Yes or no. Did BTS achieve in their first couple years as much as IVE has?

• Yes or no. Did BTS achieve in their first couple years as much as IVE has?

BTS was from a small-almost bankrupt company. their success was hard to achieve with almost all of the rest of the industry against them.

but I will not lie. No they didn't.

they earned their success with their self-produced songs and managed to prove everyone wrong about them just being "hopeless"

• In this day and age it represents timing. Hit songs stay on top longer.

This isn’t the old Melon anymore :pepe-narrow-eyes:

Hmm...but by your logic, Ive should be surrounded by other recent 3rd and 4th gen artists in the OP tweet since hit songs stay on longer in recent times...how do you explain that the only acts above Ive are literal 2nd gen artists? They're part of the old Melon and by your definition, shouldnt have their songs stay on top as long as 4th gen songs. :whatb:

I think for stats like this, it doesnt really matter what gen you're talking about. Maybe for things like comparing total ULs, you need to take into account different generations, since ULs have dropped massively in the past 4 years. But not for a ranking like this.

• Yes or no. Did BTS achieve in their first couple years as much as IVE has?

Of course not.

They were a struggling group from a near bankrupt company that was hit by a huge scandal. No one knows them, most of the boys came from various states in Korea, not city kids. They don’t have any Big3, Kakao, rich mom/dad/auntie/famous senior groups or what ever privilege.

But with hard work, honesty, passion and more hard work, they slowly climb the Melon charts (besides others). Their story is the rags to riches one. The most organic glow up of all

:yesr::siptear:

• Hmm...but by your logic, Ive should be surrounded by other recent 3rd and 4th gen artists in the OP tweet since hit songs stay on longer in recent times...how do you explain that the only acts above Ive are literal 2nd gen artists? They're part of the old Melon and by your definition, shouldnt have their songs stay on top as long as 4th gen songs. :whatb:

I think for stats like this, it doesnt really matter what gen you're talking about. Maybe for things like comparing total ULs, you need to take into account different generations, since ULs have dropped massively in the past 4 years. But not for a ranking like this.

Nope the 2nd gen were just more successful digital acts than the 3rd and 4th. 1 and a half year old year old Ive are nowhere near as successful as 2NE1’s whole career as a digital act or more successful than the likes of BTS, BP and Twice. 2nd gen are there because it incorporates decade old careers.

Of course it matters. Music consumption is incredibly fragmented now, this isn’t the era where everyone mainly streams on one app or a different song is hitting number one every other day due to the Melon system giving exposure to multiple songs :pepe-narrow-eyes: New Jeans spent 3 months at places 1-3 in a row.

It’s not a like for like comparison. Getting a number one now is not the same as before. That same phenomenon probably exists in whatever country you’re in, where the charts have become less representative as people consume music on multiple different ways.

New Jeans will also probably have 4 by the end of the year. They’ve been a group for 10 months and for 4 of those months they’ve topped the monthly chart, nearly half their existence. :pepe-narrow-eyes:

• True but only 2 songs. They have 5 songs that they themselves consider promoted singles (straight from MHJ's mouth, Attention, Hybe and Cookie were all singles) and only two of them managed to top the Melon Monthly, while Ive had four out of five. Big difference.

With this next comeback, they might have one more song, two would be a BIG stretch. Neither Hybe Boy nor Cookie made it to #1 after Attention did, neither did OMG after Ditto did. So we can safely project 3 out of 7 total singles (assuming this next comeback has two singles) making it to #1 on Melon Monthly, still fantastic results and probably nation-leading in another era, except they're going against Ive with 4 out of 5.

Ive is also one more hit away from outcharting both BTS and BP digitally as well, BTS only managed 4 #1 hits on Melon Daily while BP only managed 3. This is Melon Daily, easier to do than getting #1 on Melon Weekly or Melon Monthly, and yet BTS and BP combined have only managed SEVEN songs that achieved this in their entire combined 17 year career.

• True but only 2 songs. They have 5 songs that they themselves consider promoted singles (straight from MHJ's mouth, Attention, Hybe and Cookie were all singles) and only two of them managed to top the Melon Monthly, while Ive had four out of five. Big difference.

With this next comeback, they might have one more song, two would be a BIG stretch. Neither Hybe Boy nor Cookie made it to #1 after Attention did, neither did OMG after Ditto did. So we can safely project 3 out of 7 total singles (assuming this next comeback has two singles) making it to #1 on Melon Monthly, still fantastic results and probably nation-leading in another era, except they're going against Ive with 4 out of 5.

Because they block themselves. You realise Hype Boy i.e. the biggest 4th gen song didn’t go number one on the Melon monthly chart? For someone that values the monthly chart so highly the fact that NJ were 1-3 for 3 straight months doesn’t seem to mean a lot I.e. something that has never been done before :pepe-narrow-eyes:

Anyway as I was saying, charts are becoming less and less representative of a countries music taste so number ones mean less. Currently the top 10 on Melon are all idol groups/members of one.

• Because they block themselves. You realise Hype Boy i.e. the biggest 4th gen song didn’t go number one on the Melon monthly chart? For someone that values the monthly chart so highly the fact that NJ were 1-3 for 3 straight months doesn’t seem to mean a lot I.e. something that has never been done before :pepe-narrow-eyes:

Anyway as I was saying, charts are becoming less and less representative of a countries music taste so number ones mean less. Currently the top 10 on Melon are all idol groups/members of one.

Actually, Hybe Boy was blocked by other songs, it was blocked by WSW song, then Pink Venom, then Afterlike, then Zico, then Nude, then Event Horizon. I'm talking even at the Weekly not Monthly Chart level, Hybe Boy never spent one week being blocked only by Attention, there was always another song ahead of it.

And remember, Ive managed to not "block themselves" by coming out with a Melon Monthly #1 in Kitsch, then coming out with an even BIGGER Melon Monthly #1 in I AM. The way the biggest musical act in Korea is supposed to :yesr: .

• Actually, Hybe Boy was blocked by other songs, it was blocked by WSW song, then Pink Venom, then Afterlike, then Zico, then Nude, then Event Horizon. I'm talking even at the Weekly not Monthly Chart level, Hybe Boy never spent one week being blocked only by Attention, there was always another song ahead of it.

And remember, Ive managed to not "block themselves" by coming out with a Melon Monthly #1 in Kitsch, then coming out with an even BIGGER Melon Monthly #1 in I AM. The way the biggest musical act in Korea is supposed to :yesr: .

Ditto was blowing up at a huge rate by the time OMG dropped, making it harder for OMG to surpass it. Compare that to Kitsch which was not as successful as Ditto making it easier for I AM to get to #1.

• Actually, Hybe Boy was blocked by other songs, it was blocked by WSW song, then Pink Venom, then Afterlike, then Zico, then Nude, then Event Horizon. I'm talking even at the Weekly not Monthly Chart level, Hybe Boy never spent one week being blocked only by Attention, there was always another song ahead of it.

I mentioned Hype Boy to demonstrate how inane your statement is. Hype Boy is bigger than any Ive Melon number one.

• This thread contains 14 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!