IS ROSES SOLO SONG CONSIDERED KPOP??

• If you don't want to use the term 'kpop', suit yourself, but I personally use it to talk about something specific.

All I am saying is pop is worldly. And english just happens to be the universal language.

When the spice girls started they were euro-pop. Then they became world pop.

Blackpink wants to be the next spice girls.

That's why most of their songs are in english now.

• I'm talking about the idol industry. It's not worldly.

Also I think that we aren't talking about the same thing. Please stop quoting me, it's not going anywhere, lol.

• I'm talking about the idol industry. It's not worldly.

Also I think that we aren't talking about the same thing. Please stop quoting me, it's not going anywhere, lol.

Lol the idol industry isn't wordly? You ever heard of American idol? Lmao.

Do you know that koreans don't consider their music k-pop? They call it pop.

The same way Americans do not call their music "American pop."

It is only when you come from another country that you reference the country you are referring to. For koreans, its just pop. But to the world, it's kpop.

In japan, it's just pop. It becomes "j-pop" when koreans or Americans refer to it.

So like I said, pop is universal. And so is the idol indurstry. It's in every country. It is not only in Korea, and it definitely didn't start in Korea.

Blackpink doesn't care about k-pop. They care about worldly reach and domination. That's why most of their new songs are in English - the universal language. If the universal language was vietnamese, all their new songs world be in vietnamese. Make sense now?

• No <3

But if you still want to write another essay, please feel free.

I figured. Not all of us have the brain capacity for complex thoughts beyond "ZOMG who's your bias and bias wrecker?!!?"

You can go back to your little world of k-pop now. It's obvious that anything outside of that is beyond your comprehension.

• I usually consider kpop everything original sung by kpop idols but that doesn't mean this is necessarily exact, these are technicalities tbh

Have you been to Korea? I have. They actually don't call their music k-pop. The word "k-pop" comes from an American perspective. They just call their music pop.

So what is Rose's music? It's pop, lol. That's why she is in pop charts.

I think most of you are confused because you are looking at it from an American perspective.

• I figured. Not all of us have the brain capacity for complex thoughts beyond "ZOMG who's your bias and bias wrecker?!!?"

You can go back to your little world of k-pop now. It's obvious that anything outside of that is beyond your comprehension.

The fact that you think people who don't agree with your 'wisdom' are morons tell me everything I need to know.

Anyway, have a nice day <3 I hope you find a place where you can have true, meaningful, intellectual exchanges, so you don't have to lower yourself to talking with kpop stans. We're all obviously brain-dead, after all.

• Although kpop is kinda a vague genre, pure kpop songs are distinguishable from other pop songs, even when sung in English. For her solo I don't think it's kpop, and that has nothing to do with it being in English.

• The fact that you think people who don't agree with your 'wisdom' are morons tell me everything I need to know.

Anyway, have a nice day <3 I hope you find a place where you can have true, meaningful, intellectual exchanges, so you don't have to lower yourself to talking with kpop stans. We're all obviously brain-dead, after all.

That's your own projection right there. I never called you a moron, lol. Maybe you can't grasp this simple concept of Koreans do not call their own music "kpop" and Americans do, does not mean I think you are a moron. You should give yourself more credit. In a lot of ways, I don't blame you. You probably never traveled anywhere.

So let me give you one last lesson. Let's say I live in the west. And you live in the east. I can call you an Eastlander. But is that really true though? Maybe you are just an Eastlander from MY perspective. But in reality, you are just an islander.

Just like how pop in Korea is just pop. But to Americans it's k-pop.

So now you have a bunch of Americans arguing if Blackpink's music is still "kpop" just because it isn't in Korean.

Newsflash, Korea never coined the term k-pop, lol. Americans did. All of their music - no matter what language they decide to use, is.........wait for it......pop music. The fact that most new Blackpink songs and Rose's songs are in english is just because English is a universal language and they want to market and make as much money as possible. It's still all pop music to Koreans.

• I understand what you're saying but every country has a different style of pop I think. It's just that we all experience American pop as universal pop because they are dominating the genre. But French pop sounds kinda different from American pop, just like Korean pop sounds different from American pop. And we call Korean pop k-pop.

• You probably never traveled anywhere.

This is very funny, but that's also why you should never make any assumptions about people's life when you only exchanged three messages on a public forum :clown:

Pro-tip, when you travel a lot, you learn to listen, and accept different opinions from yours.

Your opinion is valid, and I respect it. You are clearly dead-set in turning your opinion into a fact.

Once again, let's stop there. You love to write your essays, but you just keep repeating the same thing over and over. Repeating it a fifth time isn't going to change my mind.

Get over it. Pat yourself on the back, thinking you are right. I. Don't. Care.

• You said a lot of words, but not one of it refuted what I said.

I've been to korea with the same questions to my friends, business partners, everyone I knew. And do you know what they said?

They actually laughed. I was told by all of my korean friends/associates that "kpop" is a derogatory term. It is something Americans made up.

In korea, it's just pop music. Doesn't matter what language it's in. Pop music is universal.

English just happens to be the de facto universal language. That's why every band that tries to go global makes their songs in english.

This is not coming from me. This is coming from every Korean I ever met in Korea, lol.

• Because I don't care about refuting what you said, tbh.

I checked out of this conversation three messages ago or something. You keep going by yourself.

You were never in this conversation to be honest. Americans created a sub group called "kpop" so that bands like BTS can never win pop group of the year, even though they probably deserve to win it every year.

They have to call it "kpop" or "international." It is only international according to Americans. See, America always put labels on other countries as "foreign" so it can place itself as the center of the world.

But in GLOBAL charts, Rose dominates in all pop categories. There is no such thing as "kpop" in global charts. Wake up people.

• Glad we're in agreement, I never wanted a conversation with you.

Whether you wanted to be in a conversation with me or not, it is obvious Blackpink and BTS have ruled the "pop" world the past few years. It is time the k-pop community get rid of the word "k" and just accept that they have become the global pop community. Don't let the western world minimize you and put you into a small category.

I would even argue that k-pop is now the standard in pop. Or rather, Koreans took pop and made it better. Transformed it into something truly universal.

When Americans had control of pop music, it was mostly white people dominating. The thought of Asian guys being attractive was unheard of.

So I guess we should all rejoice instead of arguing.

End of rant. Lol.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!