Posts by giskard

I think also that BP's international fans are used to much longer periods between releases, as most international artists don't have the hyper release schedule that a lot of kpop does. 2-3 years between releases is common. Of course international fans always want more content, but at least in the US we don't even have the concept such as variety show appearances for artists, etc. You might get a few talk show appearances for promo, but much of what is considered "content" to a kpop fan doesn't even exist in international markets. KPop has taken fan-service to a completely new level, and that has it's own set of problems. One of those problems I think is that the effect causes burnout for both artists and fans of those artists faster, so kpop careers are shorter. I think YG prefers to try to lengthen BP's artist lifespan by not burning them, or their fans, out.

because they do the hip hop oriented style of pop music really really well. And when they choose to do more standard pop it can be brilliant also ( Ice Cream can be ignored for purposes of this discussion).

And Yes, I do consider Teddy as the hidden member of BP.

for me it's also because they often seem like the "adults in the room" compared to other Kpop GG that seem obviously targeted toward pre-teens, or those groups that are using the traditional KPop GG girly voices that I can't stand. I'm not a kid; there is a reason why I like BP, Mamamoo, Dreamcatcher, 2NE1, and other such groups over the majority of Kpop GG I've listened to.

Endorsements pay better than music sales or appearances on variety shows.

Every Kpop group is the face of a huge enterprise. The enterprise that powers BP is expensive to maintain.... the videos, productions, clothing, backup dancers, etc, are all things that YG pours into BP in a way that is elevated even over most others.

It's just the reality of the commercial pop industry, and even more with Kpop.

BP is more visible with endorsements because they are in huge demand. Every other group would do the same if they could pull it off.

Whats nice is that the girls of BP do have talent, ability, personality, and are obviously beautiful. That is what took all the investment made by YG to the next level.

I always wonder when it became the job of pop stars to give content 24/7.

Part of it was instigated by Gaga and her team when she first came out, the 24/7 "show". But it nearly burned her out completely.

I wasn't into Kpop then but I've looked at enough other groups around that time, and the response of various reactors towards their debut, to get a feeling of how different BP was from what was going on then. They still are, they have that "IT" factor as an entire group.

Type O's unite.

Also one of my fav bands.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

lets all remember this piece of perfection :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

d4 rap is amazing, but my favorite rap of Jennies is her Whistle rap. I just love her flow in that one.