Fifty fifty CEO caught lying about being poor and being an underdog

• Seems like Fifty fifty CEO wants an underdog story like BTS and said he’s poor and has to sell his car but he got caught lying. Seems like some of these sob stories from nugu groups are not real.

387E2003-29A3-4C70-BAE8-35EDCB8A565D.jpg

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• having a lot of staff and not being poor do no compare to being from hybe

like it doesnt matter how u twist it, its not the same equivalence

this could happen to let said loona or purple kiss and it would still be an underdog story bc all those companies are way smaller than big ass big4, they alll have less connections, less fandon power etc etc

• I get being mad at the bts comparisons but if fifty fiftys company ceo is rich therefore has resources then there's not much of a difference between them and nwjns in that aspect

1 year and 7 months until AVATAR 3

• wheres the proof besides the 1 lunatic stan?

The CEO of Attrakt, Jeon Hong-joon, had to sell his car to cover production costs after recording Fifty Fifty's debut album

2 different people??

• The singer who recently traveled to Japan with lee Jongsuk came from Melon, the big digital platform, but she was called an underdog since the entertainment division was tiny

Probably same logic - the founder was rich but the company was poor

• Company stans are not happy with Cupid's success I see

They just don't like being belittled (well everyone also like that ig?)

The thing is, because cupid is hitting big, some of their fandom haters are using cupid as a tool to mock newjeans' achievement.

And at that point, their fandom can't fight back.

And now when they found "something" they feel that now they can clapback all those hates.

• I swear some HYBE stans have started to become a menace.

Bangtan had a beautiful, inspiring underdog story, but the rest of HYBE did not.

All of the other groups did. debut to company privilege, the exact same one that put BTS to a disadvantage when they first debuted.

And NJ stans can try to twist the narrative as much as they like, but having millions of dollars for funding and debuting on a channel with 50+ million subscribers is not “organic“ and “without company privilege“

• Some people are so pressed. Ya'll are pathetic. Please go touch some grass.

If it was that easy to have a hit from payola, why doesn't every company do it?

Just because Fiftyx2 is doing well does not invalidate the success of your faves!! Please get that through your noggin. Everybody can have a piece of the pie!!

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• I don't care about underdog stories as it comes to kpop.

Whether NEWJEANS or FIFTY FIFTY came from the backwoods outside Seoul or from Samsung Chaebol Town Proper.

Who gives a hoot.

They're both charming and fun groups.

As long try their best and keep being fun and charming groups with good music.

That's what important to me. The only thing important to me.

I've never understood some fans weird fetishizing of underdog designations and the desperate lengths to justify some perception of "earned" success.

It's a weird sort of posturing and status game I find taxing and incredibly pointless.

This goes for all the conversations about Privilege as it comes to kpop as well.

• I dont understand how what their CEO does with their car has anything to do with them doing well on charts. It's not like their CEO background is what put their song on the map.

Reality is that no matter how much ressources fifty fifty company might have or not have, it does not compare with the amount of privilege and connections a group from Hybe would have to facility their exposure.

• Take a look at how their debut did and tell me it isn't an underdog story

JUSTICE FOR HIGHER

:pepelove1::pepelove1::pepelove1:

External Content www.youtube.com

• since when do NJ fans claim NJ doesn't have big company privileges?

Just because Fiftyx2 is doing well does not invalidate the success of your faves!! Please get that through your noggin. Everybody can have a piece of the pie!!

the original issue is coming from another token stan using this to drag.

I hope those token stans support the group after Cupid

• Have started?

They've ALWAYS BEEN FOR SO LONG

:pepe-cringe::pepe-cringe::pepe-joy::pepe-joy::pepe-joy::pepe-joy:

I mean I myself was an army until 2021 and I used to be obsessed with TXT too, but I don’t think it was that bad back then.

Something definitely happened during the period of time in which I stopped listening to kpop after IZ*ONE‘s disbandment and IVE‘s debut. It’s as if they have started becoming very cocky and are now behaving the exact same way they would criticize big3 stans now.

IVE‘s success is also a great example for their pettiness and company mindset. Since IVE is not from a huge company, it has to be Kakao or Produce privilege, even though the first was never uttered by anyone until IVE es successful and prior to IVE‘s debut everyone talked about whether they’d beat the produce curse with many people doubting them.

• since when do NJ fans claim NJ doesn't have big company privileges?

the original issue is coming from another token stan using this to drag.

I hope those token stans support the group after Cupid

I’ve seen quite a lot of posts claiming that NJ has organic success and not the same company privilege as others. As I Said, their success is very impressive, but at the end of the day, no rocket science. Few things are bound to go wrong with many company stans+ a CEO with very established reputation and connections in the industry + a huge amount of funding, no?

• I mean I myself was an army until 2021 and I used to be obsessed with TXT too, but I don’t think it was that bad back then.

Something definitely happened during the period of time in which I stopped listening to kpop after IZ*ONE‘s disbandment and IVE‘s debut. It’s as if they have started becoming very cocky and are now behaving the exact same way they would criticize big3 stans now.

IVE‘s success is also a great example for their pettiness and company mindset. Since IVE is not from a huge company, it has to be Kakao or Produce privilege, even though the first was never uttered by anyone until IVE es successful and prior to IVE‘s debut everyone talked about whether they’d beat the produce curse with many people doubting them.

Honestly they are becoming worse than other Big 3 stans

I feel like JYPE stans are the quietest I think they are all busy hating on JYPE for not spending enough on their faves on promos or whatever nonsense JYPE stans are united in hating JYPE

YG stans don't even have comebacks from their faves they are boring they only know how to hype about their faves rap and how they dont need to dance and shout and WOOOO stage presence so badass

SM stans have all along hold the top position for being the most obnoxious and annoying but HYBE stans are slowly joining their ranks

And speaking of Kakao privilege, I feel this is the funniest because kakao privilege didn't exist until IVE, it's a made up privilege created by haters to downplay IVE's success I've said this fact many many times and they know I'm speaking facts they just don't dare admit their delulu.

For me one of the most important things about IVE and their dynamics, is Wonyoung Yujin. They've been through all this shit hate for 2.5 years in IZ*ONE days especially Wonyoung. It's amazing how they are such strong support pillars for the new IVE members because they've been through all these shit before. Mother Eunbi and Chaeyeon protected them during IZ*ONE days now it's time for them to protect their new members.

• not sure about them being poor but their company is very smart from what i've seen. And if the story about them wanting to be female bts is true then they have the guts lol but let's see.

• I'm surprised fifty fifty even have a big enough fandom to be fighting with 4th gen grps

And actually they are just like their fandom names :pleading:

• External Content twitter.com

• Another dumb as f fanwar.

Kpop stans can be so annoying and brainless.

I'm going to stream Fifty Fifty and then some New Jeans songs now.

As for Payola: I don't think any Kpop group is doing this in America, because radio likes to consistently ignore Kpop, so that they have almost no chance on Billboard charts.

Kpop fans still not realizing that their dumbass fanwars obscure the fact that on an international stage the big enemy are gatekeepers who try to protect music from countries like the USA and the UK.

• I'm surprised fifty fifty even have a big enough fandom to be fighting with 4th gen grps

the actual fandoms are not even in the debate the ones i see liking the original tweet is big fandoms

gg stans in twitter are insane, changing pfp every month to the trendiest female idol just to shit on more established gg like twice or bp (maybe now also ive and nj) bc if the fandom clap back they can play victim “we’re a small fandom! How could they hate on us” idk they get off from online brawl

i’m not even sure most gg stan twt like kpop or not because female hiphop and pop twt debate has been dry since last year so more twt trolls make kpop acc lately

• do people have brains?

the fact that he for example had something but needed to sell car to keep company going

doesn't mean that he lied

also one of tweets there revealed with which companies he teamed up with, all of those have money which means they can provide staff members

like wtf it's not 2000 that group would just have 1 manager and none other staff members

+ I also believe some of foreign composers, lyricists, producers will be cheaper than well known or even mid-known Korean ones...

External Content www.youtube.com

• facts only. US and UK industry must feel relieved because they don't even need do anything, just let these kpop fandoms fight amongst themselves and bring each other down lol

• I went to see their live stage to see what all the hype was about and the group had like high designer outfits and a big team of back up dancers. They did not feel like nugus with no money and cockroaches in their rooms to me. But the fact they are still nugu and the song is viral. The only question I have is that they have an english version of the song blowing up? Is it preplanned or just stroke of luck because i don't see any other nugus releasing english versions at all.

• I went to see their live stage to see what all the hype was about and the group had like high designer outfits and a big team of back up dancers. They did not feel like nugus with no money and cockroaches in their rooms to me. But the fact they are still nugu and the song is viral. The only question I have is that they have an english version of the song blowing up? Is it preplanned or just stroke of luck because i don't see any other nugus releasing english versions at all.

This is what I'm curious about too.

I mean Cupid is a good song but it falls in the same category as Darari and Palaroid Love to me - a chill tune that tiktokers like using in their clips. The different between them is 50505's company was so fast to release an English version so it appeals even more to English speakers that they can easily sing along to. The song blew up from then.

• This thread contains 51 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!