Is Aespa it girl potential wasted ??

• In less than a day they sold out dresses bought in a market

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Giselle selling out dumblings with just a picture, people are saying now they have to go early to go buy dumblings there because since giselle uploaded this picture they are going really fast

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Closing a place in japan because people were lining up there just a day after Giselle uploaded a picture here

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• giselle and ning ning will never be an it girl. please stop the hallucination. aespa/sm stans are always delusional thinking aespa will be like bp. though i do think karina is prob the one being wasted in aespa. she could've rivaled wonyoung if promoted more

You sound like Aespa's career is already over and they are past their peak yet hey are just getting started. Don't be surprised if they end up achieving greater things than BP in their 6th year. Unless that time comes, it's delusional to make conclusions about their career now.

OP just posted proof of Giselle selling out stuff and you are claiming she'll never be an It Girl. In case you don't know, Giselle is Japanese Korean, so, if an Aespa member can be an It Girl in Japan, it's her.

Also Ningning is Chinese, she already has a huge solo fanbase in China, she's already and the only Solo Vogue Cover Girl in Aespa which shows blind people like you that she's already on her way to the top.

Black Pink has been building whatever they have now for 6 years. Their first album sold 200k-300k albums 4-5 years ago while Aespa's sold more than that.

Be patient, only time will show you how Aespa will grow or fail.

External Content youtu.be

• giselle and ning ning will never be an it girl. please stop the hallucination. aespa/sm stans are always delusional thinking aespa will be like bp. though i do think karina is prob the one being wasted in aespa. she could've rivaled wonyoung if promoted more

it seems aespa are popular but since you are asking this happens with blackpink whatever the girls wears or consume gets sold out or goes trendy etc

Did OP mention bp anywhere in her post?

• Don’t know about my other two sweethearts but Karina and Winter could be even more popular when SM would promote them better.

HOnestly i don't know what's happening recently but my TL is always full of post of giselle everytime they do a schedules

And i see more and more fansite for her opening

While i kinda see a decrase in interest in winter in comparison of the BM/NL/ SAVAGE ERA

• OP just posted proof of Giselle selling out stuff and you are claiming she'll never be an It Girl. In case you don't know, Giselle is Japanese Korean, so, if an Aespa member can be an It Girl in Japan, it's her.

Exactly like i'm not saying Giselle have the potential of karina or winter in korea (obv xenophobia toward japanese ppl)

But in japan she's getting a lot more attention currently

With place closing because they can't answer the demand from customer coming after seeing a post of Giselle when she's in japan

• Is SM still refusing solo endorsement gigs?

I saw Karina in few events solo, so they will get solo promos soon.

External Content www.youtube.com

• Is SM still refusing solo endorsement gigs?

I saw Karina in few events solo, so they will get solo promos soon.

Yeah but still gatekeeping people like Ningning

I saw tons and tons of chinese singer sending her lovecall and talking about how she's an artist with who they want to collabore

And tons of fashion industry liked ningning photoshoot proving their interest in her

And most recently a photocard of her went viral on weibo

But we all know SM they'll see it and do nothing with this

• Is SM rejecting deals offered to them or are you saying SM is not seeking the deals for them?

The second situation is their default stat of how they always behaved. I won't expect it to change.

External Content www.youtube.com

• HOnestly i don't know what's happening recently but my TL is always full of post of giselle everytime they do a schedules

And i see more and more fansite for her opening

While i kinda see a decrase in interest in winter in comparison of the BM/NL/ SAVAGE ERA

Really ? Giselle is my favorite and I love her to the moon but when we talk about popularity it was always karina or winter which names I saw.

Maybe Giselle has a bigger international fanbase ? Or is on her way to get it.

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• Really ? Giselle is my favorite and I love her to the moon but when we talk about popularity it was always karina or winter which names I saw.

Maybe Giselle has a bigger international fanbase ? Or is on her way to get it.

i don't think she's on her way to get a big fanbase like karina or winter yet

but she's defeinitely not as unpopular that she was during their debut she's getting a lot of attention

• Dumbass ass comparison when GG's sell 1m like it's nothing this days compared to years ago

And no, nobody in aespa could be a it girl but Karina, kpop stans are always posting how x or y sell out this and that (like u can u look it on Twitter) and think that makes y know among the public

• In 2021 they almost had the entire world in their grasp

Until a certain 1,342 years old jumped in

and now they have to call her their Senior.

SM always had boy groups as its focus and the timing is lost

• first of that person is not even a blink (that I know of) and Op was kind of asking an open question that they don't see other girl groups doing it hence why other girl groups were brought up.

it was around 500k but 5 years ago no girl group could sell more than that lol album sales have grown dramatically over the last 2 years now you can be serious lol also one of advantages girls groups have now it's that they have a big support from Chinese fandom including blackpink.

• uncle-roger-nigel-ng.gif

How many albums did bp sell when they released their first album?

• first of that person is not even a blink (that I know of) and Op was kind of asking an open question that they don't see other girl groups doing it hence why other girl groups were brought up.

it was around 500k but 5 years ago no girl group could sell more than that lol album sales have grown dramatically over the last 2 years now you can be serious lol also one of advantages girls groups have now it's that they have a big support from Chinese fandom including blackpink.

If I remember correctly, it was around 200k-300k the year they released their first ep then later, fans bought more when bp got more popular and the number rose to 500k.

I remember rooting for them to sell a million because they were monster rookies.

• Dumbass ass comparison when GG's sell 1m like it's nothing this days compared to years ago

And no, nobody in aespa could be a it girl but Karina, kpop stans are always posting how x or y sell out this and that (like u can u look it on Twitter) and think that makes y know among the public

Like I said time will tell.

• My problem with SM/aespa is they show great potentials for a lot of things but sometimes it feels like they are not trying. Hopefully things change soon.

How many albums did bp sell when they released their first album?

Your whole argument doesn’t make sense. Generations operate differently. What was a big number in the past shouldn’t be compared to the present after inflation. With your logic, all the group of this gen that sells 100k and above in their rookie years no matter how nugu (and 400k+ in their prime) are bigger than SNSD and have bigger future. Just think how ridiculous this sounds.

lt64IYu.gif

• I'm glad everyone is accepting the one immovable fact in this thread: Karina's potential is being wasted. She truly is the only other 4th gen idol that can challenge Wonyoung, at least right now.

I dunno why others like Miyeon or Yuri arent more loved by the GP but the fact remains that Wonyoung is so far ahead of everyone. I think Karina has a TINY window of opportunity now before Aespa becomes even more forgotten ;( .

• I don't think their IT girl potential is wasted. I think their entire group's potential is wasted

I like aespa, granted they aren't like at the top of the list of my faves but I like them.

But it feels like I barely even hear of them these few months? Maybe it's because I don't follow their activities closely but it just feels like SM just....ignored them?

giselle and ning ning will never be an it girl. please stop the hallucination. aespa/sm stans are always delusional thinking aespa will be like bp.

I agree here
    but you also wrong here
    not all BP member
    qualified to be IT girl

though i do think karina is prob the one being wasted in aespa. she could've rivaled wonyoung if promoted more

nope
    Karina even w promotion not close to Wonyoung

• My problem with SM/aespa is they show great potentials for a lot of things but sometimes it feels like they are not trying. Hopefully things change soon.

Your whole argument doesn’t make sense. Generations operate differently. What was a big number in the past shouldn’t be compared to the present after inflation. With your logic, all the group of this gen that sells 100k and above in their rookie years no matter how nugu (and 400k+ in their prime) are bigger than SNSD and have bigger future. Just think how ridiculous this sounds.

The world changed between 2018 and 2021 :sweat:

There was the COVID, war between Russia and Ukraine and BBC food effing up egg fried rice ;-)

You've all got me wrong, I was not comparing, at least I did not mean to but, I was only trying to show the user whose post I quoted that BP grew over time and so will Aespa. The album sales were to show that Aespa is not anything a flop as that user tried to make them when they said something likr Aespa will never be anything like BP.

Moral of the story, it's too early for Aespa to be considered as failures or to decide what they will never achieve when they already proved to be growing with each comeback period.

• Karina and Winter def have strong 'it girl' (gods, I hate that term... X/ ) cq popularity queen potential, and Ningning has that dark horse vibe, where you can see her unexpectedly rise to the top. Giselle, I don't know, I'm sceptical.

But like mentioned before, SM don't have that brand/image/rep building power to highlight their artists' strengths and potential and make them shine - they certainly don't have it on the level as other top K-pop companies have had like YG who have been masters at it ever since 2nd gen.

And it seems like SM have only gotten worse at artist promotion and (artist) brand building the past few years, so many missed opportunities or times they missed the mark. Maybe bc of new management? I dunno.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!