Reason why there's lacking of European tours

• I really don't understand why Kpop companies don't milk the European fans when it comes to touring. Is it logistical problems? Lack of offers? Or what? It's always US, Japan and some Asian countries. Whilst Kpop is a niche industry in Europe and less popular than US- the market is still there for touring and there are also a lot of fans willing to spend money to see their faves. Europe is a big ass continent and is also huge in concerts after the USA. Make use of it.

Okay, scratch that lol. That was my first thought while writing a post to rant (kinda) after seeing no EU tour dates in Agust D concert, but then I compiled the listeners stats on Spotify to see the audience per city in different countries. And here's what I found...

Kpop is really that niche in Europe cause these are the top groups with most listeners on Spotify, and even then the numbers are really not that much to do a European leg besides London, Paris and maybe Germany. BTS is an exception to this ofc, but not counting them since they are an anomaly.

Note: This only takes into account the Top 50-100 cities of an act because the Spotify API only gives limited access. So what made the list is probably only like 50-55% of the base listeners in Europe as a whole. Other cities didn't make a cut because the listeners are so spread out. The cities that made the list are usually like the biggest cities with huge population in each countries in Europe.

BTS

forum.allkpop.com/suite/attachment/264215/

Blackpink

forum.allkpop.com/suite/attachment/264217/

Twice

forum.allkpop.com/suite/attachment/264216/

NewJeans

London- 185,178

Paris- 6095

LE SSERAFIM

London- 78,699

Paris- 3,061

Source: https://songstats.com/

Okay, while the numbers are not that impressive, the audience is still there and just imagine this is only like the 50-55% of the base listeners in Europe, and other cities are not included. But since Kpop fans are so dedicated and will really travel to other cities or even neighboring countries to see the faves- I think companies are really underestimating the audience in Europe.

Even HYBE underestimates BTS' demand in Europe and only booked the 'popular' route for kpop concerts like London, Paris, Germany, Netherlands and Spain in the past.

For companies, Europe ticket prices might not be that expensive compared to the US one, but like I said it is also profitable and there is a huge market for touring if done right. Never know why companies won't make such effort to promote groups here.

• because kpop companies are stupiddo?

that's a reason.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• because kpop companies are stupiddo?

that's a reason.

It's different. They are afraid to take risks and this is the probably the reason why Kpop will never achieved the heights of being global.

I honestly don't know. Seems like they are always staying in their safe zone. Which is a dumb moves cause Europe is such a huge market for touring. If you managed to get a big fanbase even without being so popular and mainstream, you can probably end up with 500k attendees in Europe alone.

• It's different. They are afraid to take risks and this is the probably the reason why Kpop will never achieved the heights of being global.

I honestly don't know. Seems like they are always staying in their safe zone. Which is a dumb moves cause Europe is such a huge market for touring. If you managed to get a big fanbase even without being so popular and mainstream, you can probably end up with 500k attendees in Europe alone.

not really

from my perspective sometimes there were concerts in Warsaw in Poland

yet it was packed like one week or two week gap between concerts

in same venue or should I say in same club/small place

like for 2k people or something

I've said it once in other threads about that

organizaing concert in Poland then pick Katowice or Kraków instead of Warsaw

doing it in Germany? then pick Koln or Frankfurt instead of Berlin

doing it in France then go to Marseille or Lyon instead of Paris

even in UK it's better to go to Manchester or Liverpool because everyone and their mom is going to London

besides why not do concert in Cardiff or Glasgow for example? or Dublin...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• TXT's latest release made top3 in France, top 20 in Germany, there's clearly a demand for them in some EU countries but there are no European dates on their latest tour :pepe-firing: Fawk BigHut, maybe these companies are trying to stay "safe" or maybe European market isn't as impressive to break into for them, otherwise I don't understand why you would willingly give up on extra cash. Like it may be a niche but look at the charting of some acts in this market and you'll see that there's some demand.

• Are there EU wide promoting companies in Europe?

I would imagine there are.

Visas may be another issue, can you get a Visa in one EU country and would that be valid for all EU countries?

I know Pixy did a multiple city tour.

Dreamcatcher only did 5 cities in Europe, they did more in USA/Canada and they are coming back in 2023.

There has to be something, easy to arrange venues, profit distribution issues, I do not know.

1664806507-image.png

PIXY-Oct-2022-EU-Tour-poster.jpeg

• Limited dates mean promoters try to go to the biggest cities since they think there will be more fans there.

Mexico city gets most tours in Mexico, Seoul over Busan in Korea. smaller cities only get events if the tour is large.

• It's different. They are afraid to take risks and this is the probably the reason why Kpop will never achieved the heights of being global.

Can't see any pics in your OP.

• I know ateez did some dates in Europe and they all sold out if a group like ateez can tour I’m sure bigger groups can it’s just weird how they don’t go the the biggest European cities.

Kpop may be a niche but kpop Stans there are mostly multis.

Yeah, I checked out their stats and it seems like they are more popular in Europe than I expected especially in Germany. Like you said, there are a lot of multis in Europe and it all adds up if you combine the actual fans of the group plus some fans who went to travel to see a show.

I think London is a very good place for touring. And honestly, organizers or compnies only need to choose the right venue for each countries, so the fans and idols can meet half way. For example, in Germany, fans maybe are so spread out which can be the reason why only a handful of groups can tour there. But instead of skipping a whole country, they should utilize and strategize the sizeable audience by finding the right venues in a chosen city to meet halfway and make it accessible to fans as much as they can. I'm sure a lot of fans will comply by travelling cause Kpop groups hardly tour in Europe, so this is like a motivation to see their faves.

TXT's latest release made top3 in France, top 20 in Germany, there's clearly a demand for them in some EU countries but there are no European dates on their latest tour :pepe-firing: Fawk BigHut, maybe these companies are trying to stay "safe" or maybe European market isn't as impressive to break into for them, otherwise I don't understand why you would willingly give up on extra cash. Like it may be a niche but look at the charting of some acts in this market and you'll see that there's some demand.

They're so lazy. I saw they have an audience in London, Berlin and Madrid (almost the same size as ATEEZ who did a EU stops) but it's like they just chose to skip a whole continent instead of doing more research and strategizing.

• Can't see any pics in your OP.

Me neither.

Here u go...

Top Listeners per cities (Europe)

*unbolded part is the current listeners, then the bolded part is the peak listeners

BTS

London, UK = 424,327 - 550,900

Paris, France = 2014,351 - 319,512

Madrid, Spain = 179,109 - 237,883

Stockholm, Sweden = 176,355 - 180,537

Oslo, Norway = 162,048 - 215,496

Dublin, Ireland = 157,680 - 215,496

Rotterdam, Netherlands = 150,595 - 203,114

Amsterdam, Netherlands = 149,288 - 337,100

Milan, Italy = 146,539 - 220,243

Hamburg, Germany = 144,498 - 204,406

Munich, Germany = 137,606 - 197,393

Frankfurt am main, Germany = 135,825 - 152,885

Berlin, Germany = 173,046 - 195,801

Total Current Listeners = 2,341,267

Total Peak Listeners = 3,198,067

Blackpink

London, UK = 202,158 - 370,334

Paris, France = 104,026 - 151,969

Madrid, Spain = 99,701 - 142,020

Total Current Listeners = 403,885

Total Peak Listeners = 664,323

Twice

London, UK = 112,404 - 112,404

Paris, France = 40,646 - 40,646

Total Current Listeners = 153,050

Total Peak Listeners = same

• For Suga's tour, I know they're testing the water for BTS solos but they've already sold out stadium concerts in Europe.. BH doesn't make sense sometimes...

Right. Yoongi can definitely sold out O2 arena in London, Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam, Mercedes Benz-arena in Berlin and Accor Arena in Paris. DK why they just skipped out a whole continent when nugu groups (no offense) can sold out a show there.

Hopefully, there will be more announcements coming...

• Dreamcatcher only did 5 cities in Europe, they did more in USA/Canada and they are coming back in 2023.

They've actually done more than that. According to my research, Dreamcatcher has performed in the United Kingdom (3 shows), Netherlands (3 shows), Germany (3 shows), Poland (3 shows), France (3 shows), Portugal (1 show), Spain (1 show), Italy (1 show), and Finland (1 show).

If Dreamcatcher can tour this much in Europe, then bigger groups have no excuse not to.

• They've actually done more than that. According to my research, Dreamcatcher has performed in the United Kingdom (3 shows), Netherlands (3 shows), Germany (3 shows), Poland (3 shows), France (3 shows), Portugal (1 show), Spain (1 show), Italy (1 show), and Finland (1 show).

If Dreamcatcher can tour this much in Europe, then bigger groups have no excuse not to.

True, they had European tours in 2018, 2019 and 2022.

1st Tour Fly High in Europe
    On February 14, 2018 MyMusicTaste and Happyface Entertainment teamed up to launch Dreamcatcher's first tour, across Europe as part of Dreamcatcher 1st Tour…
    dreamcatcher.fandom.com

Invitation from Nightmare City in Europe
    Dreamcatcher embarks to Europe, as part of "Invitation from Nightmare City" world tour. Handong doesn't participate in this concert "DREAMCATCHER CONCERT :…
    dreamcatcher.fandom.com

As we can see, London, Paris, Berlin and Warsaw are always on the schedule (Netherlands in the first 2), all 3 years they visited those cities. in the first 2 tours they played 7 cities, seems like only 5 in 2022 (maybe they added some more)

They have also played some festivals in Europe, like the Primavera festival in Madrid.

Tours and Concerts
    1st Tour in Brazil (2017) (Second leg of Dreamcatcher 1st Tour "Fly High" World Tour) 1st Tour Fly High in Europe (2018) (Third leg of Dreamcatcher 1st Tour…
    dreamcatcher.fandom.com

In the USA, they did 5 cities in 2019, they expanded to 8 in 2022 (+Mexico city) They are doing 9 cities in 2023.

So there has to be something that makes it slightly easier to tour in the USA than in the EU.

• I don’t know, no one can convince me than groups like Ateez can tour arenas in Europe but Txt or Yoongi can’t. I think it’s just Big Hit/Hybe being incompetent/lazy as usual.

I’m currently in Berlin for work and Ateez is selling out the Mercedes Benz Arena for 2 days. You have people from all over Europe and definitely a lot of multis since there’s a BTS pop up store near the venue with a very long queue…

Edited once, last by LCJK ().

• I don’t know, no one can convince me than groups like Ateez can tour arenas in Europe but Txt or Yoongi can’t. I think it’s just Big Hit/Hybe being incompetent/lazy as usual.

I’m currently in Berlin for work and Ateez is selling out the Mercedes Benz Arena for 2 days. You have people from all over Europe and definitely a lot of multis since there’s a BTS pop up store near the venue with a very long queue…

Hopefully, they'll add EU to his tour sched!

• For Suga's tour, I know they're testing the water for BTS solos but they've already sold out stadium concerts in Europe.. BH doesn't make sense sometimes...

and the US too

trust me Yoongi could sell out BMO (formerly Banc of CA stadium) stadium, Staples Center and other BIG venues but bighit put "smaller" ones

which i get but they could've put him for BMO here in LA but they didn't & Kia forum will sell out F A S T

oh well there's next time

good luck to the european ARMYs ! hopefully dates for y'all are added. you deserve it

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ιм тнe oɴe ι ѕнoυld love ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

Unc GIF - Unc GIFsAnmin GIF - Anmin GIFsUnc GIF - Unc GIFs

• Unlikely since , thanks to K-O-R-E-A-N incels, he has to report to alternate service sooner or later this year

at the end of this year it seems so he maybe does have time !

who knows? just GOOD LUCK TO EUROPEAN ARMYs!!!!!!!!!!Bts Bangtan Boys GIF - Bts Bangtan Boys Bangtan Sonyeondan GIFs

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ιм тнe oɴe ι ѕнoυld love ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

Unc GIF - Unc GIFsAnmin GIF - Anmin GIFsUnc GIF - Unc GIFs

• For what it's worth, not many come here to Australia either or groups that do I don't listen to.

BTS was supposed to go there but couldn't because of pandemic. So sad for us Aussie and EU armys lol. I think they will tour in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane after finishing their service.

• I am not sure what they have to do to go viral in Europe. It's such strange continent, it's hard to go viral over here. So many countries on small continent, different languages, cultures and tastes. You have to be something else to go viral here tbh.

We prefer our own. We're nationalistic like that, ig? Lol.

But I agree, Europe is the hardest market to crack.

• many of these groups are carry by their status

if you are peaking on some charts that can be bought but then you don`t sale on tour, people will know that your fame is all fake ang bought charts (views, listents, lists ...)

no many groups have both

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• I know ateez did some dates in Europe and they all sold out if a group like ateez can tour I’m sure bigger groups can it’s just weird how they don’t go the the biggest European cities.

Kpop may be a niche but kpop Stans there are mostly multis.

Ateez did not sell out their second dates last year at all, they had to close out sections. There's a reason they're only doing 1 day besides paris and berlin this time. London's only date still has tickets on AXS for their 22 february show. Paris still has floor tickets for both days.

• This thread contains 7 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!