Announcement: Changes to akorn earning

• Sad Face GIF - Sad Face Baby - Discover & Share GIFs

So, about guilds...

As some of you have already noticed, guilds no longer earn akorns. While yes, some staff differ on the importance they give to guilds, the root of this is ... me. And akorn weekends. You might not realize this, but akorns are actual digital currency. They aren't free, they must be paid for and this is why you can buy even physical items in the akp merch shop with them.

Now recall how easy it is to spend other people's money? That is essentially what I did. I hiked up the cost of running AKP through my attempt to raise our traffic and participation. While I did not mean for it to get so out of hand, the end result is the same: the cost to value ratio did not work out and akorn-flation ensued. In case you are not sure what inflation is, simply put, there are too many free akorns in circulation and not enough paid for akorns. These akorns cost money regardless and if users are not paying for them, AKP is.

AKP is running in the red. I and the rest of staff have been trying to turn it around, but we haven't yet been able to. Thus some akorn earning had to be cut. I want to apologize to our community for this seeming so abrupt and unjust. This all stems from a bad decision made with good intentions, but bad nonetheless. Now we are all paying for my mistake - staff and users alike. I'm sorry.

Perhaps things can return if we can figure out how to get back into the black, but no guarantees. It's an uphill battle either way - we will need all the help we can get. The bottom line for our site is buying akorns and AllKill memberships. As such we've considered various things from how to make AllKill even more attractive to adding a donate box for those with big hearts and semi-deep pockets. More heads are better than one, so if you have any you'd like to share, leave your ideas and suggestions here.

Thank you for your understanding.

• The reason people don’t pay for akorns isn’t because it’s easy to get them for free… it’s because they don’t see the value in putting money into the site. You can remove free akorns completely and that’s still not going to change because to most people the only things of “value” to spend akorns on are tiny pictures and gifs and it’s entirely possible to use this site just fine without those.

Site management (not you) has continued to make it abundantly clear that they don’t actually care about building a community or most of the users who frequent this site so why would I want to contribute money to that in the form of buying akorns? If the site doesn’t care if I’m here then why do I care if the site is here?

• now all squirrels which are collecting akorns

and have tons of them

please buy some things in akp shop

I can't be the only one who buys badges just because no one else is lol

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The reason people don’t pay for akorns isn’t because it’s easy to get them for free… it’s because they don’t see the value in putting money into the site. You can remove free akorns completely and that’s still not going to change because to most people the only things of “value” to spend akorns on are tiny pictures and gifs and it’s entirely possible to use this site just fine without those.

Site management (not you) has continued to make it abundantly clear that they don’t actually care about building a community or most of the users who frequent this site so why would I want to contribute money to that in the form of buying akorns? If the site doesn’t care if I’m here then why do I care if the site is here?

i think taking anons away was a good step in the right direction, because anons generated a bunch of negative clout without generating akorns or a sense of community, and just left people feeling quite bad about their site experience overall

• Since when getting akorns from guild was removed?

It's been gone from the regular guilds for a while, but now they took it out of the ones with a subforum. Which is basically telling you that all the work you put in buy the subforum doesn't matter because the site doesn't care about your contributions to the site. :thumbup:

• so do we still get 1 akorn per post? :check-bee:

im a little lost :cryingr:

• Its not easy to spend money to buy akorns bcoz, first, not everyone has that much money. Second, even if they have money, they would prefer it to spend on other important stuffs bcoz the most we get from akorns are some badges and aesthetics and one can live without it fine.

• Question for non-AllKill users!

What sorts of perks would make buying AllKill more enticing to you? The Content Crew is open to all suggestions!

:check-bee:

Not all users have a credit card or paypal, especially not the minors, this is 1 thing comming to my mind since many people here most likly don't own those cards or are too young to have them

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

Yup yup yup

This is the answer

The only time I felt the incentive to actually pay for akorns was in June in honor of Pikachu senate

It's not that I don't have the money or allkill sub is expensive, it's that the overall atmosphere of akp as it is makes it hard to see an actual value in it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i think taking anons away was a good step in the right direction, because anons generated a bunch of negative clout without generating akorns or a sense of community, and just left people feeling quite bad about their site experience overall

Yup and it also made a lot people spam threads in wich they beged for other people to give them some akorns. I mean for example we have a small hand of users who posted a lot and never made any use of their own akorn so of cause this makes some people without akorn question "do they really need them? Can they gift me some?" etc. etc.

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

To you and everyone who thumbed up:

What can help you guys feel valued as part of the community on this site, and see value in contributing to keeping it going? What do you think could help build a general sense of community here? Likewise, what sorts of things on offer might make spending money more worth it?

• Is there any way we can gift allkill? I think it’s a great gift for our friends, and helps akp out financially too

if helping out AKP is something people wanna do, then a donate button makes sense. some people don't value the membership or the badges but if they value the site in some intangible way then they should have a way to show their appreciation

This is correct based on what I’ve seen. It’s not that it’s too easy to earn free akorns but that most users don’t want to spend money on a forum. If you removed free akorns all together most users would just stop buying badges. They wouldn’t run to the shop and buy akorns/get an allkill subscription.

• if helping out AKP is something people wanna do, then a donate button makes sense. some people don't value the membership or the badges but if they value the site in some intangible way then they should have a way to show their appreciation

I agree with this one tho...

maybe like, make a special monthly badges or banner or something, and the supporter will get that benefit according to what tier they support... (like patreon)

although, maybe this gonna makes the site's dev team having another work to do to make this feature tho ^^^^

• i was always under the assumption that akorns was just the same concept as using post count to buy badges on the old forum, just visualized as a "currency" better so you can see the numbers go down after you get something. but are akorns actually like a NFT then? ig?( im just trying to understand better. )

things making more sense now tho.

imagewe are the two as oneimage
    tumblr_87c871885fc1b1ac179f7fad3f66c807_97657e41_540_5.gif

• This thread contains 242 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!