[enter-talk] THE REASON WHY I THINK THAT 4TH GEN FEMALE IDOLS COULDN'T HIT BIG

• [enter-talk] THE REASON WHY I THINK THAT 4TH GEN FEMALE IDOLS COULDN'T HIT BIG
    We translate Pann articles about Korean news, music, drama and lifestyle
    www.pannchoa.com

[enter-talk] THE REASON WHY I THINK THAT 4TH GEN FEMALE IDOLS COULDN'T HIT BIG

bypannchoaMay 31, 2022
    AVvXsEj_-Z0jk5QZdP1HEQ_PDQVeQth0BIp7EmZ3xczAV7A2u2V1Dn_6TL82isbn7z4-V5HpwcxixD2yFGDCOGY5cWKVGhZYWl2c8qxrZB97k3FDGuwQRU_UWCcI3jNAgTMH82kuvD5MQWO7R38uuovIxCkDq1V5wOw-rGCCtHEyVA6ogIvuwYHUCQrg4hyv=s16000

Weeekly (from Apink and The Boyz' company) - Maybe because they are Apink's hoobae group, I think that they showed some signs of receiving attention during their debut. However, once they came out, all the members looked way too similar..
    Of course, if you looked at them separately, every one of them have their uniqueness and are different but their styling and clothes made it hard to differentiate between the members?
    For example, the props they used on stage were way too overused. Of course, they were cute but I think that it was hard to become their fan by watching their stage. I kinda feel like watching them at events or on stage in front of me with my friends, I would kinda feel ashamed..
    This group also came out with a high-teen concept out of all the dark-concept-idols but then, they suddenly released Ven Para that was also a dark concept ㅜ
    If it's hard for them to go back to the high-teen concepts, they could perhaps have a revival with an exciting summer song

AVvXsEhkRMMpYOtlHzCecbnHfqAvRMxgmGXhA8zHBQ6Uj0t0_T7hKhFURrk07eFYSj9gPSbVo7Vlqw-Pqd2arvBMBeuiuVv8PDETINn6ExiRJ1Ry6zhwPGEG2BJMEqOXbSuq_WC6bllRCk0fujiIZK6S1dhucT1FmVMJgnx62Ro6PND9n8Ikukrqk_u5hJAp=s16000
    Lightsum (Cube Ent.) - The members are definitely not ugly but they look too average.. they kinda just give off a female high school dance team vibe?
    Rather than having a harmonious idol members composition, it's better to have 1-2 pretty kids with one member that gets a lot of push even with lacking visuals like JooE.
    Even if it can attract trolls ㅇㅇ if not, I think that if they do some fine tuning, they would've been better

AVvXsEie94izK3pFDuw-eF-ThImCrSXiCLYVd3hdaMJw9-2VHD_4JNuDdjzcMAEI_moqXGKmf51HVgPPEntWYIkV3jcaajNCldgOAo3k1XzJg3nrLymXdQ7E6lYMDVMgxg6M6e7pjAKIoiJZrhfH4v6-uxY_DuHpbOcnelEA7OwJXrnqwHzqriLOAveCmaP5=s16000
    Purple Kiss (Mamamoo's hoobaes) - You can tell right away with this picture alone but the members' face and styling and their concept are hard to stan. They kinda give off the Big Mama vibes. If you look at their stages, you would think "ah, they are really talented but I'm not curious..."

AVvXsEjm-9Ok6GyiU789RcnTqgs0ysHomWSin-hAhqtjYDADqafuevQGl7ldBEL8ulyRwt0bErndojF0pJw5-Go5XH--HLLrR8Gp9qsjdLifMBLOiggcdKS8OdKv-C_iUxK4Gzv_Ekv59HKOPyptCHyhCFVPECBkPJP-LWHq5fv6DrS-uPuZj40-O92hxX2h=s16000
    Tri.Be (produced by Shinsadong Tiger, EXID's hoobaes) - Their skills are fine but their visuals are honestly... I said that Lightsum looked like a female high school dance team earlier right? These kids look like a gathering of the kids who couldn't even make it to the dance teamㅠ
    Lightsum still has 1-2 pretty kids but there is just none here. Meanwhile, there's SNSD Yuri's cousin in here and she's pretty but she's a '97 liner while the member who's closest to her age is a '02 liner so the members composition is f*cking weird.

AVvXsEjAsLX83ue1pveGEpwi4EW9RBtD1pabv1LkbntZg89lGlqP0wjPTopxSvVn4ePr9UvdS7rKal3l-afh9TeFpKYxaweVTlsjd6UA1YSXa7FKnlDrI5byWIQHm6MgT27Gu-UC7alBBO8h6cHS_v57NlvRT0NDKnKvWgzRupXb1LtPWQnRSpMnKNWKb_0Y=s16000

Woo!Ah! - The gif is self explanatory.
    From the song to the choreography, they are all hopeless. Their CEO is a choreographer so it makes me wonder if they want to attract trolls this much? But since they made this group seriously, it makes me sigh even more..
    Their title track has the B-side feel and their MVs aren't high quality either..
    If you fangirl on idols, you might know Nana and Wooyeon for being mentioned for their pretty looks but they are straight up the only pretty ones and the other three just have no presence.

post response:
    [+368][-30]
    original post: here

1. [+163, -2]
    Woo!Ah!'s Wooyeon, Nana/ Weeekly's Jihan, Zoa/ LOONA's Heejin, Hyujin, it's such a shame that none of them hit big. They are pretty and good at doing their work but their company are not able to use them properly. They should debut the 6 of them together

2. [+154, -2]
    OP didn't filter her words enough while writing this but she didn't say anything wrong... Personally, I also think that the company's support is really importantㅇㅇ

3. [+101, -5]
    Weeekly are really a shame... Jihan, Zoa, Soojin and Jaehee are seriously pretty, Monday is good at singing and Soeun is good at dancing ㅠㅠ these kids and Cherry Bullet deserved to hit big so it's a shame

4. [+95, 0]
    No but just what what Cube thinking to be making a 8-members group? First of all, there are way too many unnecessary members, seriously ㅠ having 5-6 members would've been perfect

5. [+55, 0]
    Woo!Ah!'s Nana and Wooyeon should've seriously debuted in a big company. Especially Nana. She's good at rapping, singing and dancing. She even knows how to act so it's too regrettable that she couldn't hit big... If she debuted in a well-known company, she would've at least appeared here and there and would've hit bigger

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• I would love to see how author of that post on Korean forum looks...

I'm pretty sure it's similar to this

orc-lord-of-the-rings.gif

how the f... can one go to forum and write that one group barely looks like high school dance team, and other like a kids which couldn't even make it there...

flippin k-roaches

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• 'Have not' ≠ 'will not ever'.

About Weeekly..nah. I could tell them apart during their debut. They started with really good momentum. I thought the MV approach and props worked for them specifically at this stage in their career. I think more people will appreciate the early catalog songs later when things "line up" and one of their songs happens to become a smash.

The issue for me is how the title/MV song quality started to sputter and show signs of fading at "After School" ("Check It Out" is more "catalog" from start to finish though) up to "Ven Para". The beat programming of "Ven Para" isn't anywhere near as solid as their other titles/MV songs and the chorus isn't as memorable either. The rough transition to the bridge was unacceptable. It felt very wrong, in approach, at a gut level. I thought their team was more mindful about keeping a certain quality for their MV songs, but I was wrong about that too. I hope they get Weeekly "get back up to code".

Yeah, it would be a challenge to backtrack to a 100% HT-concept, but the MV storyline does give the group "wiggle room" to "explore the galaxy, get close to the sun, and come back down to earth/reality".

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!