It wouldn't take long before YG and JYP get acquired if other companies are able to acquire SM

• Even though SM is the 2nd/3rd biggest kpop company and is bigger compared to YG & JYP, it's now in a position where it will either be acquired by HYBE or Kakao.

With ikon and 4 out of 5 BigBang members gone, YG isn't that valued anymore. JYP has the lowest revenue among the big 3. How long will it take before another company like Kakao or HYBE gobbles them up? Is this the end of Big 3 domination?

The market cap of each company.

SM 2.14 Billion

SM Entertainment (041510.KQ) - Market capitalization
    As of February 2023 SM Entertainment has a market cap of $2.14 Billion. This makes SM Entertainment the world's 3712th most valuable company according to our…
    companiesmarketcap.com

YG 770 Million

YG Entertainment (122870.KQ) - Market capitalization
    As of February 2023 YG Entertainment has a market cap of $0.77 Billion. This makes YG Entertainment the world's 5002th most valuable company according to our…
    companiesmarketcap.com

JYP 1.96 Billion

JYP Entertainment (035900.KQ) - Market capitalization
    As of February 2023 JYP Entertainment has a market cap of $1.96 Billion. This makes JYP Entertainment the world's 3828th most valuable company according to our…
    companiesmarketcap.com

So JYP would be the most difficult to swallow, as in the most expensive one to acquire. YG would be the cheapest.

Now the difficulty would be on how many people own each stock and their willingness to sell.

• Well if HYBE becomes the major stockholder, it can be considered as an acquisition. HYBE has used a similar tactic with Pledis as well.

They arent the majority they just have the largest shares. So they are a powerful force on the board but if the other board members dont want to play game with them then they could just band together and block any decisions they try to make. It looks like the other board members arent too happy about this so.... Hybe owns 85% of Pledis which is a majority share which means they can do what they want within reason of course. Hybe does not have a majority of SM shares, thus it is not the same

• You all underestimate YG when YG company value are not high but they're others company that's are valuable connected to YG and they've good relationship with others foreign investors like LVMH and Tencent both are much bigger than hybe and Kakao combined YG ass will be fine until Teddy rebellion start

• Do you know why JYP is so much more valued then YG? It doesn't really make sense

TWICE

30glhdbncad91.gif

• They arent the majority they just have the largest shares. So they are a powerful force on the board but if the other board members dont want to play game with them then they could just band together and block any decisions they try to make. It looks like the other board members arent too happy about this so.... Hybe owns 85% of Pledis which is a majority share which means they can do what they want within reason of course. Hybe does not have a majority of SM shares, thus it is not the same

Just saw the news that HYBE bought only 15% of SM stocks. My bad. They aren't even the largest stockholder then.

Also it's good that I'm learning more about the stock market because of this drama. I've been investing a lot lately but I'm still an amateur.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• Do you know why JYP is so much more valued then YG? It doesn't really make sense

The contrary would’ve been weird. JYP has a better operating profits than YG because they don’t invest massively. They’re only focused on kpop.

Some of y’all are really dramatics. Hybe isn’t the largest shareholder, only own 14%. Sm has many others shareholders.

It’s not like Kakao owning 59% of Starship.

• Thats what they said abt Lee SooMan as well, but look what happen now.

LSM was going senile with his ideas and he cared more about his visions than the company and it seems he was not in touch with reality I mean songs about planting trees? I don't think is the same lol besides he has backstabbing people behind his back the whole thing was messy lol

JYPE has more shares than YGE so even if both had the same Stock Price, JYPE would still have a higher Market Cap.

At the time of this post, YGEs' Stock Price was 52,100 Won, JYPE's is 71,700

If you consider both companies in terms of Idols...

YGE has BP while the rest of their Idols don't make much money

JYPE has TWICE, Stray Kids and Itzy, all Million Album Sellers with World Tours, they have NiziU, sold over a million albums in Japan (around 3-4 times the price of a Korean Album) that just finished their Japan Tour with 330k Spectators. NMIXX has already sold a million albums. Boy Story held an online Concert in China with 3.3 million viewers, while Xdinary Heroes is starting their Solo Concerts.

All groups I have mentioned debut after TWICE.

JYPE will debut an American Kpop GG, a China BG, a Japan BG and I think 2 Korean BGs in 2023 and 2024, so considering these factors, it is natural that a person would be more interested in investing in JYPE due to them having a stable future beyond TWICE whereas it's not as good for YGE

Edited once, last by jimeous ().

• LSM was going senile with his ideas and he cared more about his visions than the company and it seems he was not in touch with reality I mean songs about planting trees? I don't think is the same lol besides he has backstabbing people behind his back the whole thing was messy lol

Someone need to tell LSM that drugs isn't good for his health at this age get him to hospital stop living in his high dream

• I dont think so. Lee Soo Man is just unlucky that he is feeding a traitor in his company.

and about YG, they are connected to multimillion companies (have more money than Kakao) so I doubt this mess will happen to them any time soon.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!