so people are cancelling Jackson Wang ?

• as y’all might know, recently Jackson was cancelled over his speech in his London concert. From what ive seen on twitter, he mentioned that China is a beautiful place and its not what the media is making it out to be. He mentioned those are propaganda. He also shared the racism he experienced. But they are taking what he said out of context saying he supports cpp and Islamophobe and support genocide..

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The woke mob will be the woke mob.

If you want to make it in China you have to follow the CCP talking points, it is what it is, are people going to cancel every Chinese celebrity?

If any of them challenges the CCP, they will immediately face backlash and probes into their taxes and other tools the CCP can use to silence critics.

People have to recognize that, Chinese celebrities can not challenge the Government, people need to give them a break.

If they want to cancel him, do it over the Hong Kong protest, not this.

• It’s laced with sinophobia

fighting against the supremacism of a powerful structure isn't phobia, it's defense . Jackson is a mouthpiece of the CCP

just like there's no such thing as "anti-white racism"

actual chinesephobia is when defenseless people are targeted as individuals

• He's already outed himself as a Islamophobe and CCP dick rider a couple years back. When Adidas said they were stopping using products coming from the regions of China that were documented to keeping Uyghur Muslims in concentration camps, forced into manual labour and slowly committing genocide on the people, he criticised Adidas and cut his then partnership with the brand. His stance against Uyghurs is crystal clear.

This looks like him being a drunk or high attention seeker.

• What drove him to talk about this at a concert :pepe-narrow-eyes:

Well China is a beautiful country with beautiful natural and historical wonders.

Nothing wrong with saying stuff like that.

But he has past 'problematic' statements, so people are going to react to his comments a certain way.

• Not this issue. I'm really surprise Jackson is more popular than Lay in my country. He came recently and he sold out a stadium size concert. Lay was in a way much smaller venue and it didn't sell out. The media reported more of his concert news then Lay.

Off topic. I also went to Kang Daniel's concert which was in the same venue as Lay. I think it was only 40% full. My heart broke for him. But the fans cheering loudly made up for it. He did very well. It was a great concert.

• Why is it so hard to believe that he loves his country and he actually likes how the country is run and the political system they have?

Westerns and especially americans talking about human rights when they've killed millions of mislims just because they could, and none of their war criminal presidents are in jail. "Propaganda"; dudes, don't talk about the propaganda. The collective west's propaganda on ukraine war gives me migraines. It seems that it's important whose propaganda is or if fits my agenda or not.

He loves his country, good for him

• Don’t perceive me.

• Not this issue. I'm really surprise Jackson is more popular than Lay in my country. He came recently and he sold out a stadium size concert. Lay was in a way much smaller venue and it didn't sell out. The media reported more of his concert news then Lay.

Off topic. I also went to Kang Daniel's concert which was in the same venue as Lay. I think it was only 40% full. My heart broke for him. But the fans cheering loudly made up for it. He did very well. It was a great concert.

Malaysian ?

• yes. I was thinking of going to Jackson's concert as well but didn't like the crowd and parking nightmare. So in the end I didn't go. Lay was a smaller crowd plus anywhere you sit at the venue you get a good view. He was so good. He danced almost all the songs I see that he even had Muslim fans attending.

i feel pity for kang daniel but the timing for his concert is just wrong because theres another kpop festival on sunway with more exciting line up (jongdae, bi, youngjae etc) and the venue is quite far which is on genting highland compared to sunway lagoon

and yeah im actually surprised that jackson manage to held a concert at axiata arena like how ?? its the biggest indoor stadium and he did that alone ( without got7 ) so its really impressing.

• Why is it so hard to believe that he loves his country and he actually likes how the country is run and the political system they have?

Westerns and especially americans talking about human rights when they've killed millions of mislims just because they could, and none of their war criminal presidents are in jail. "Propaganda"; dudes, don't talk about the propaganda. The collective west's propaganda on ukraine war gives me migraines. It seems that it's important whose propaganda is or if fits my agenda or not.

ccp and russia supporter

noice

Where are you from? Is it a language thing? I feel like Jackson tries to be more "global" in his music than Lay

• i feel pity for kang daniel but the timing for his concert is just wrong because theres another kpop festival on sunway with more exciting line up (jongdae, bi, youngjae etc) and the venue is quite far which is on genting highland compared to sunway lagoon

and yeah im actually surprised that jackson manage to held a concert at axiata arena like how ?? its the biggest indoor stadium and he did that alone ( without got7 ) so its really impressing.

I thought Lay would be more popular . I didn't even know Jackson had so many fans here until it was all over the news. Good for him. I like him. Made me regret not going to see to see what all the fuss is about. Haha! I prefer travelling longer distance to genting because arena of the stars is much smaller and less people. All the Kl places are so crowded. I'm glad I didn't go for Jay Chou as well. That is another crowd nightmare. I'll be seeing Jeff Chang in genting.

Wow, kpop fans defending CCP supporters is pretty low. Anyone who willfully ignores the genocide and human rights violations done by the CCP are POS IMO. Do some damn research before justifying what the CCP is doing by using whataboutisms. The CCP is killing millions of chinese people and should be called out for it by the INTERNATIONAL community. All CCP supporters are just like NAZI supporters who not only refused to see or hear any criticism but enabled the genocide of the Jews and Gypsies. You should stop calling people who actually care about the chinese people that are being murdered for their organs and dissapeared daily as "woke" and dismissing their concerns. I wonder if you even know that the recent protestors in China are being dissapeared. They only protested because people where burned alive due to being locked into their burning building due to COVID restrictions enforced by the the CCP. The CCP wouldn't even let fire fighters do their job without a negative COVID test at the site first. I hope next time you research serious issues before speaking about something you know nothing about. CCP supporters and enablers are pure scum.

• Where are you from? Is it a language thing? I feel like Jackson tries to be more "global" in his music than Lay

Malaysia. Yes. Maybe because Jackson's songs are in English which is more global. Lay spoke Mandarin in his concert. Most of his fans are ethnic Chinese so they understood. Kang Daniel had a translator who translated his every word So his speech time is super long.

• You Snapped!

The woke crowd never cared for actual justice, they just want to make themselves look like they’re “progressives” 🤪 and fulfill their need to hate and bring someone down no matter what the reason.

Exactly the woke crowd need to be sent to the moon leave the rest of us on the planet their cancer taints the world. As for Jackson loving his country as it is? That maybe possible, i know Alot of Chinese don't but they have neither the money,voice or freedom to just leave like these privileged celebrities can. If the man truly loves his country and government how it is. Good for him. But Jackson will have to learn a hard lesson. As a Korean we know China is our enemy has always been the moment they took sides with north Korea and wqged war against us for nearly 70yrs.

• Always find it funny that when a Chinese celebrity says he loves his country, it means that he support everything their government does and he denies human rights issues. He's also labeled as a "nationalist", meanwhile when a Western celebrity says they love their country it means they love their culture and people, and there's no "nationalist" label to it. No one stops to think that maybe he's talking about the media that's depicting Chinese society as some dystopic hellscape whereas in reality China has it's good, bad, and awful like every country. This alone proves the effective anti-Chinese propaganda. "China can be very beautiful", how dare he say this!!!

tumblr_mbacq1PDzs1rvedkto1_500.gifv

少女時代

• ccp and russia supporter

noice

Tell me, do you care that assange will be imprisoned for 170 years for disclosing illegal activities of the us government? Instead of being congratulated he'll end up behind bars. Are you regular in protesting asking for his freedom? What about freedom of speech?

The us media critisized russia for jailing brittney griner but the us has god knows how many people imprisoned for the same crime?

Do you know that nato bombed my country in '99 and did exactly what Russia is doing now, with the big difference that we didn't invade anyone? They took the part of our land and are criticizing russia for wanting to do the same. Like ukranians who didn't recognize crimea we also didn't recognize that independency. Do you know that case is the precedent and Russia is using that same precedent to excuse what they are doing? do you know that they spread videos all over the social media to show how russia is bombing ukraine and those were the videos when they bombed us?

Do you know that libya now have slave markets?

Wrstern talking points:

Rissia bad

China bad

Western europe and northern america good

Gotcha

• "propaganda" is a very charged word... I can't exactly blame people to reacting poorly. Especially with past history.

That being said, he wasn't really referencing china's... really bad actions directly, so I don't want to assume that's what he meant. I think people reacting poorly and not looking into it isn't good, but maybe Jackson could have chosen his words better or not speak on the topic.

I heard he might not be doing well mentally. What he needs more than this controversy is help if that is the case...

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Jackson Wang has done and said plenty of things to cancel him over but here saying "China is a beautiful place, you should visit yourself, and there's a lot of media BS" shouldn't be controversial unless you're deep in the propaganda machine yourself.

I live in the U.S. There is a lot of media-fueled sinophobia and fearmongering, especially from the Trump years. And I doubt most people doing it care that deeply about the muslim victims in China considering they're silent on U.S. actions in the middle east. You can hate the CCP and still acknowledge the West have their own motives on how they want to portray China. The way people worship the Western narrative here sometimes really makes me smh.

Asians who also encourage the anti-China narrative in the U.S. are in for a rude awakening. There's been so many more attacks on Asians in recent years and trust me people do NOT care about differentiating Chinese ppl from other Asians. So it's in your best interest to call out the sinophobia rather than celebrating it.

• lol

its sad you dont realize how shitty your country is and how poor you are and the countries you are defending, and how much better the west is.

sad more then anything, i wish you the best

• Wow, kpop fans defending CCP supporters is pretty low. Anyone who willfully ignores the genocide and human rights violations done by the CCP are POS IMO. Do some damn research before justifying what the CCP is doing by using whataboutisms. The CCP is killing millions of chinese people and should be called out for it by the INTERNATIONAL community. All CCP supporters are just like NAZI supporters who not only refused to see or hear any criticism but enabled the genocide of the Jews and Gypsies. You should stop calling people who actually care about the chinese people that are being murdered for their organs and dissapeared daily as "woke" and dismissing their concerns. I wonder if you even know that the recent protestors in China are being dissapeared. They only protested because people where burned alive due to being locked into their burning building due to COVID restrictions enforced by the the CCP. The CCP wouldn't even let fire fighters do their job without a negative COVID test at the site first. I hope next time you research serious issues before speaking about something you know nothing about. CCP supporters and enablers are pure scum.

i knew whatsboutism argument will come. Do you know why the west's crimes are always mentioned in discussion such as this? Because this is the only time they can be mentioned. Nobody talks about them on a regular tuesday or care about it; nobody's doing anything about it. the western leaders have so much blood on their hands, they should be sentenced to life in prison, instead, they are living their best life, giving speeches and earnings thousands and thousands of dollars. And that same leaders dare to lecture someone on war crimes. Incredible

American singers sing to american troops in countries they occupy. Instead of being ashamed of them, they are supposed them. That's patriotism i guess.

Criticizing something you yourself do, and without any consequences, to use your word, are pure scam

• lol

its sad you dont realize how shitty your country is and how poor you are and the countries you are defending, and how much better the west is.

sad more then anything, i wish you the best

We are poor, courtesy of nato. Same can be sad for syria, libya, iraq, afghanistan. We are all thankful to nato for devastating our countries. And now that russia is devastating ukraine, well, that's the problem, only we are allowed to do that

Nato used depleted uranium bombs and we are sicker than we were 30 years ago

Yes, it's sad

Wish you the best too

• Jackson Wang has done and said plenty of things to cancel him over but here saying "China is a beautiful place, you should visit yourself, and there's a lot of media BS" shouldn't be controversial unless you're deep in the propaganda machine yourself.

I live in the U.S. There is a lot of media-fueled sinophobia and fearmongering, especially from the Trump years. And I doubt most people doing it care that deeply about the muslim victims in China considering they're silent on U.S. actions in the middle east. You can hate the CCP and still acknowledge the West have their own motives on how they want to portray China. The way people worship the Western narrative here sometimes really makes me smh.

Asians who also encourage the anti-China narrative in the U.S. are in for a rude awakening. There's been so many more attacks on Asians in recent years and trust me people do NOT care about differentiating Chinese ppl from other Asians. So it's in your best interest to call out the sinophobia rather than celebrating it.

Perfectly summed up my sentiments as well. Post COVID the sinophobia is at an all time high and it affects all East Asian communities not just the Chinese.

I’ve seen kpop fans even side with oli London to drag Jackson and everything comes from a place of sinophobia that the US and much of the Western media is deliberately trying to push. I really need people to bffr and try not to simplify everything into “you’re supporting the CCP”.

• Perfectly summed up my sentiments as well. Post COVID the sinophobia is at an all time high and it affects all East Asian communities not just the Chinese.

I’ve seen kpop fans even side with oli London to drag Jackson and everything comes from a place of sinophobia that the US and much of the Western media is deliberately trying to push. I really need people to bffr and try not to simplify everything into “you’re supporting the CCP”.

ehh...lots of people turned on him way before covid. His stance on the HK protests turned off a lot of people.

• It's K-pop, sooner or later everybody's going to get cancelled in one way or another. In fact, there maybe something wrong with you if Kpop people are not trying to cancel you.

• ehh...lots of people turned on him way before covid. His stance on the HK protests turned off a lot of people.

That’s what I’m saying as well and the other user. If you can’t look at different circumstance with nuance it’s based on sinophobia and is detrimental. You are contributing to the western sinophobic rhetoric whether you like it or not. And people need to stop doing that because it has real life implications on Asians living in these western countries.

• Always find it funny that when a Chinese celebrity says he loves his country, it means that he support everything their government does and he denies human rights issues. He's also labeled as a "nationalist", meanwhile when a Western celebrity says they love their country it means they love their culture and people, and there's no "nationalist" label to it. No one stops to think that maybe he's talking about the media that's depicting Chinese society as some dystopic hellscape whereas in reality China has it's good, bad, and awful like every country. This alone proves the effective anti-Chinese propaganda. "China can be very beautiful", how dare he say this!!!

I think this comes from the FACTS of the type of nations that do terrible things to it's people for simply existing. An example if a person here in Korea said anything about loving the country. Nobody would care same in the west because to us regular citizens and celebrities there's no fear of nor any law that can punish us for bashing the country or government. Whereas in China we all know you can and will get arrested fined or in some cases killed for saying anything bad about the government or disagreeing with it's point of view. But on the flip side an American can say fuck biden fuck this stupid gov etc or the war in iraq was wrong and NOTHING will happen to them now try to get a Chinese person to do the equivalent in China. What the difference. So when someone does say something positive about the country people automatically assume they are a nationalist because any other speak would get you merked both metaphorically and literally

• That’s what I’m saying as well and the other user. If you can’t look at different circumstance with nuance it’s based on sinophobia and is detrimental. You are contributing to the western sinophobic rhetoric whether you like it or not. And people need to stop doing that because it has real life implications on Asians living in these western countries.

What the hell is "sinophobia"? Sounds like somebody just made it up.

• This thread contains 16 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!