Weverse to switch to paid subscription model starting April
Article: Weverse will start charging for service starting April
Source: Idol Issue via Instagram
1. [+303] I did not know that there was such a variety of ways of implementing bullsh*t
2. [+277] I'm just frustrated about why companies keep thinking that channels of communication with their fans are simply money making avenues...
3. [+107] Turning it into a paid service will prevent akgaes/haters from joining just to spew hate. It's probably safer for the idol members, which is why fans have been asking for it... What we're frustrated about is that it's very clear that companies aren't implementing this to protect their artists but to just make another quick buck off of us for.
4. [+70] This is a necessary feature since there are a lot of users that either leave hateful comments or spam low-quality posts everywhere. Also, this is nothing new considering that other similar apps like Bubble and Phoning are also paid services. I was just watching TXT's Weverse live last night and there were comments telling Yeonjoon to leave the group, people constantly mentioning Heo Yoonjin... This app really needs to switch to paid.
5. [+72] Hmm, I'm surprised people are against this decision here. People on Twitter have been begging for the app to switch to paid because of all the hate comments Fromis 9 and TXT are getting. I think that's what led the app to make this decision.
6. [+27] Seems like people aren't aware that fans are the ones who've been asking for this. There have been way too many akgaes who have been crossing the line, which is why fans asked for it.
7. [+28] Wow... It hasn't even been a few weeks since V app got deleted, now this is going paid too? So we're only supposed to watch our idols on Instagram and YouTube..;?
8. [+19] I would've preferred a different measure of security... like fancafes who limit membership to new members who can answer a question that only a true fan would know... I don't think turning the app into a paid service is the way to go. It's so obvious the companies are only in it for the money. This needs to come with more updates that increase security for the idols. Bubble and Phoning still suffer from haters even though they're paid services. Just make it harder to join... this only hurts groups like TXT who have younger fans in their fanbase. How are they supposed to pay for this?
9. [+7] Is this a joke? Are fans only ATMs to them?
10. [+7] We have to pay just to watch them live now?!
11. [+4] I mean, I personally do understand why they're doing this but I don't get how it's supposed to help because it just seems like they're taking our money and doing nothing with it. How are we supposed to subscribe to 13 members? And not everyone can afford this either... I really don't know what Hybe's intention with this is
12. [+5] Sorry but I don't think you can be against this if you know what happened with TXT and Fromis 9 ㅠ
13. [+5] There will be issues either way. Keep the app free and little kids will run rampant on it... make it paid and people will be like, "Why should I pay for this?"