Weverse to switch to paid subscription model starting April

• Weverse to switch to paid subscription model starting April

0000033139_001_20221228131901626.jpg

Article: Weverse will start charging for service starting April

Source: Idol Issue via Instagram

1. [+303] I did not know that there was such a variety of ways of implementing bullsh*t

2. [+277] I'm just frustrated about why companies keep thinking that channels of communication with their fans are simply money making avenues...

3. [+107] Turning it into a paid service will prevent akgaes/haters from joining just to spew hate. It's probably safer for the idol members, which is why fans have been asking for it... What we're frustrated about is that it's very clear that companies aren't implementing this to protect their artists but to just make another quick buck off of us for.

4. [+70] This is a necessary feature since there are a lot of users that either leave hateful comments or spam low-quality posts everywhere. Also, this is nothing new considering that other similar apps like Bubble and Phoning are also paid services. I was just watching TXT's Weverse live last night and there were comments telling Yeonjoon to leave the group, people constantly mentioning Heo Yoonjin... This app really needs to switch to paid.

5. [+72] Hmm, I'm surprised people are against this decision here. People on Twitter have been begging for the app to switch to paid because of all the hate comments Fromis 9 and TXT are getting. I think that's what led the app to make this decision.

6. [+27] Seems like people aren't aware that fans are the ones who've been asking for this. There have been way too many akgaes who have been crossing the line, which is why fans asked for it.

7. [+28] Wow... It hasn't even been a few weeks since V app got deleted, now this is going paid too? So we're only supposed to watch our idols on Instagram and YouTube..;?

8. [+19] I would've preferred a different measure of security... like fancafes who limit membership to new members who can answer a question that only a true fan would know... I don't think turning the app into a paid service is the way to go. It's so obvious the companies are only in it for the money. This needs to come with more updates that increase security for the idols. Bubble and Phoning still suffer from haters even though they're paid services. Just make it harder to join... this only hurts groups like TXT who have younger fans in their fanbase. How are they supposed to pay for this?

9. [+7] Is this a joke? Are fans only ATMs to them?

10. [+7] We have to pay just to watch them live now?!

11. [+4] I mean, I personally do understand why they're doing this but I don't get how it's supposed to help because it just seems like they're taking our money and doing nothing with it. How are we supposed to subscribe to 13 members? And not everyone can afford this either... I really don't know what Hybe's intention with this is

12. [+5] Sorry but I don't think you can be against this if you know what happened with TXT and Fromis 9 ㅠ

13. [+5] There will be issues either way. Keep the app free and little kids will run rampant on it... make it paid and people will be like, "Why should I pay for this?"

Weverse to switch to paid subscription model starting April
    netizen buzz, korean pop,korean drama, korean media, korean entertainment, korean news, kpop, kdrama, netizens, comments, reactions, translations
    netizenbuzz.blogspot.com

• i don't think a paywall is enough to stop every hater but you might as well monetize them. you also need mods to keep things clean

• :exit-pepe:

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• If it's only a couple bucks per month, i'm sure there will be plenty of fans especially in Asia that will sign up. Most locals probably wont though, we are so used to getting free content lol, i think fandom spending culture is different here vs Asia.

As for screening out trolls and haters, i think this could deter some, maybe most. We know how seriously Korea takes slander and defamation. Even if the trolls and haters have the money and desire to spend it to continue attacking idols, now they'll be faced with having to input credit card and other personal info, it should be a lot easier to track down and identify them versus having to investigate IPs or device IDs (burner phones and VPNs make the job harder).

Of course this will do nothing to deter antis outside Korea where Korean laws dont apply. :pepe-shrug:

• What they should do:

Don't allow so called fans to post anything during artist live stream, close so called "chat", just allow people to have emoji reactions: heart, like, sad face, angry, wow, facepalm, basically same thing what we can do here on allkpop forum, when we don't want to enter convo just reac to ones post...

What they are doing:

Making whole thing paid which will hurt groups like STAYC, XG, Everglow, woo!ah!, Purple KISS or Secret Number which ain't from big companies so after closing of VLive and now this those groups won't really have any other place to communicate with fans who can't afford Weverse subscription...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Writing was on the wall when they bought out Vlive. Not gonna do that unless you're planning on making money from it.

Any press release from Hybe? Cause that article doesn't say anything.

• And with this starts their downfall.

This isn't really an issue for most people when alot of the Weverse content is readily available in places like Twitter

Although I do wonder how the ILAND GG voting will look like cause iirc you had to sign up for Weverse to vote for the normal ILAND show. I know alot of people who signed up and never used it afterwards lmao

• I CANT PAY FOR WEVERSE !!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED WEVERSE TO WATCH THE LIVES !!!!!!!!!

like its good for the idols but idk if it will work out. its bad enbough having to get a membership but now this, no just no

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵐᵃᵏᶤᶰᵍ ᵐᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵒʸ ʷᶤᵗʰ ˡᵘᵛ˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

Aesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFsK-POPPIN IN PINKAesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFs

• If it's under $10 I'll subscribe because I like having that option available to keep up with &TEAM and BTS. I see most stuff on Twitter but I like the lives and I do like interacting with artists posts. If we already purchased a membership, I wonder if we can get a discount...

• i knew it will happen, bcs all fanapps are paid rn. Even vlive had paid channels and some groups did lives on paid channels

i don't really use weverse but i hope lives will be free

Writing was on the wall when they bought out Vlive. Not gonna do that unless you're planning on making money from it.

Any press release from Hybe? Cause that article doesn't say anything.

They didn't buy it they merged and Naver bought weverse stocks

• The hate towards her on the live comments wasn’t that bad, it was all directed to Yeonjun. They told Yeonjun to tell her girlfriend to buy 100 album for ruining the comeback, the other comments were telling him to leave the group and calling him names.

:skull:

Let's assume the rumors are true (even tho everyone knows it's nonsense): Why would he leave? Because he's dating? :skull: uf yes; dude, you are not in a relationship with him and you'll never be. Accept it and move on with your life.

• Let's assume the rumors are true (even tho everyone knows it's nonsense): Why would he leave? Because he's dating? :skull: uf yes; dude, you are not in a relationship with him and you'll never be. Accept it and move on with your life.

it's not bcs of dating fantasies

it from antis and akgaes of other members

They're always most loud during "datig scandals"

• who acquired who? who's the boss rn in operations? don't give me this bs company defending ur faves are in.

What are you talking about, who's defending my faves? I don't stan companies, companies aren't my faves. I literally said in this very thread that i won't pay. I'm telling you what happened

Nobody acquired anyone, they merged. I cannot link the article because the site is censored, here's the quote

Naver revealed this day that they would be creating a new global fan community platform by collaborating with Big Hit Entertainment and combining the users, content, and services of V LIVE and Weverse, the platforms owned by each company.

Can you now calm down?

• im confused. Is it like we are paying weverse so that we could get access to the app or we are just paying for certain exclusive benefits? I want someone to explain this to me

it's lile bubble, you have to pay to use the app. No more lives for free, sigh. But I'm not paying for it so

Bubble paved the way indeed!

• Let's assume the rumors are true (even tho everyone knows it's nonsense): Why would he leave? Because he's dating? :skull: uf yes; dude, you are not in a relationship with him and you'll never be. Accept it and move on with your life.

Exactly.

:skull:

It’s utterly stupid and majority of Moas in the comments were angry. They emailed bh with screenshots and reported the comments but that don’t change the fact that every time he looked at the chat he stopped smiling.

:emotionalpepe:

781DB655-ACFD-4336-8F70-FEEABAB74D10.jpeg

62645-4c05234e-0e62-4aed-89c7-07b5143427d9-gif Tomorrow x Together NCT

S63Sk.gif

• This thread contains 10 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!