I never imagined Leeseo would become one of the most hated idols

• If you would of told me a year ago Leeseo would become top 3 most hated idol in kpop I wouldn't have believed it. "The adorable youngest member of IVE will be a villain at this same time next year?? Get out of here with that bullshit. Everyone loves Leeseo".

From Pokemon scandals to lip synching scandals to "pick me" scandals, Wonyoung better watch her back cause her group makanae is coming for #1 most hated.

Anyway I'm a huge Leeseo fan. Girl slays a stage like shes 25. Maybe that's part of the hate. Kpop fans are jealous they not on her level.

IVE and Leeseo gonna keep slaying regardless.

f309d8ad262963b85229c6808926141a2a07e4b8.gifv

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Am I late to the party? Why is Leeseo being hated? I never hear people talking much about her (except for that stupid lip syncing thing with Wonyoung)

This video talks about it.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I haven't seen alot of Lesseo hate tbh? Maybe the lip-sync thing but from what I've seen it's mostly Wonyoung getting all the criticism. Maybe I'm missing something

I just posted a video that talks about it. Theres even the prank show I forgot to mention where she didn't help staff. Got hate for that too.

• I just found out people are hating/hated on her cus she didn't pick up a cake in a prank and cried after winning a freaking daesang at an award show.

Kpop's toxicity went through a roof in 2022. No wonder people say kpop stans are toxic, y'all attacking a 15 year old for acting like a 15 year old.

Can't believe this is the same community I thought was nice in 2020, and 2021. 2022 really opened my eyes.

• I just found out people are hating/hated on her cus she didn't pick up a cake in a prank and cried after winning a freaking daesang at an award show.

Kpop's toxicity went through a roof in 2022. No wonder people say kpop stans are toxic, y'all attacking a 15 year old for acting like a 15 year old.

Can't believe this is the same community I thought was nice in 2020, and 2021. 2022 really opened my eyes.

Been here since 2016. Kpop was NEVER nice sadly....

:pepe-comfy:

• Been here since 2016. Kpop was NEVER nice sadly....

:pepe-comfy:

makes sense. I thought it was pretty nice at first but it can get really toxic.

But honestly can't single it out, I've seen the same thing in the western music industry, and even worse in the bollywood/indian film industry.

Gosh some South Indian stars industry fans these days are so toxic and can't praise south indian industries without bringing down bollywood/non-south indian industries even when their stars tells them not to bring down other industries and divide the Indian film industry :skull:

• For those who are confused and think Leeseo isnt hated, here are some of the things that she trended for:

*criticized for being unaware of what is pikachu

*criticized for her reaction to a prank

*a tiktok about her being "cringe" got lowkey viral both on tiktok and twitter... sadly ive seen even oomfs make fun of her, and im not even on kpop twt

*the lipsync though wonyoung was the main target

thats just a few that come to mind immediately. if youre a fan and lurk around ive spaces, youre about to see most hate directed either to her or wonyoung.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• For anyone who thinks she doesn't get hate - You've done well to avoid shitty platforms on the internet. If you make a new account on Tiktok and search for IVE there'll be plenty of viral videos mocking Leeseo. It's truly disgusting people would go after a 15 year old this hard.

Hopefully she can remain her super confident self and ignore all the hate, it's still worrying though.

• Am I late to the party? Why is Leeseo being hated? I never hear people talking much about her (except for that stupid lip syncing thing with Wonyoung)

actually, each member had been targeted with hatred. They picked every little things and twisted it to their narrative. But it seems like they can't find many for Yujin and Rei. Gaeul and Liz had one.

But either it's because of pure hatred or simply jealous of 16 years old hitting big and success, they picked sooo many things on Leeseo.

• i saw this episode. people were mad about it? that's just silly. it's a show lol

Sadly kpop idols should be a perfect being in or out of camera.

On Leeseo's case, seems like people who hate her never had a moment in their life when they were panicked and got freezed. They must be really a brave people from the childhood because on that video, Leeseo is actually scared and don't want to get yelled. Yes, seems like they never see a scared kid who run before.

I haven't seen alot of Lesseo hate tbh? Maybe the lip-sync thing but from what I've seen it's mostly Wonyoung getting all the criticism. Maybe I'm missing something

She literally got hated for accepting her MAMA SOTY award, when the mic stand was too tall for her and she was crying thanking DIVEs and everything.

People were accusing her of fake crying. Imagine coming after her for being emotional after winning one of the biggest awards ever

Just look at the video they are literally wishing the 6 member curse happen aka hoping she leaves the group, for crying

External Content youtube.com

• Sadly kpop idols should be a perfect being in or out of camera.

On Leeseo's case, seems like people who hate her never had a moment in their life when they were panicked and got freezed. They must be really a brave people from the childhood because on that video, Leeseo is actually scared and don't want to get yelled. Yes, seems like they never see a scared kid who run before.

if there was anything to be mad about that episode, it's that the crew kept wasting food by tossing it at the floor lol

• she even got mocked by some rando in roblox, like... What?

External Content twitter.com

• It’s the same type of people who said she was too young to debut and that her fans are predators

Those who claim to be arbiters of justice and morality are often the ones who are eager to abuse it

• This is literally the stupidest thing to hate a little girl over

:pepe-shame:

• This is literally the stupidest thing to hate a little girl over

:pepe-shame:

It's so ridiculous

Remember how at debut people were praising her left and right for her facial expressions and how captivating she is on stage and went viral

Few months later she is now untalented only pretty a pick me lipsyncing underage idol getting hate everywhere

• All idols have to fake their public persona to an extent, but Leeseo is so bad at it that her every move seems rehearsed. It's off-putting. Like she is trying so hard to give the impression that she is this super innocent/clueless/sheltered maknae that everyone wants her to be. She is a teenager, not a baby. I wish she could just be allowed to act her age. I was embarrassed for her when she pretended to not recognize Pokémon. Like, were you raised in a cult? Come on.

ive-member-leeseo-profile-facts-tmi-2.jpg

• All idols have to fake their public persona to an extent, but Leeseo is so bad at it that her every move seems rehearsed. It's off-putting. Like she is trying so hard to give the impression that she is this super innocent/clueless/sheltered maknae that everyone wants her to be. She is a teenager, not a baby. I wish she could just be allowed to act her age. I was embarrassed for her when she pretended to not recognize Pokémon. Like, were you raised in a cult? Come on.

ive-member-leeseo-profile-facts-tmi-2.jpg

Guys we found the pokemon person

• Guys we found the pokemon person

I don't know who "the pokemon person" is, but did you know that idols are just people too? Nobody goes through life without getting criticized. Especially not public figures. Leeseo has been the subject of "controversy" multiple times for the exact reason that I mentioned. It's clear that people don't like to see a teenager pretend to be a newborn baby. If she wants a career as an idol, then shouldn't she listen to what the public is saying and take this feedback on her chin?

Wonyoung self-corrects immediately and squashes her "scandals" as soon as they pop up (which is very frequently for Wonyoung, unfortunately. It's like playing whack-a-mole for her). Leeseo should learn from her example.

• Back then, no one knows that this girl would be having a great achievements in 2022.

• actually, each member had been targeted with hatred. They picked every little things and twisted it to their narrative. But it seems like they can't find many for Yujin and Rei. Gaeul and Liz had one.

But either it's because of pure hatred or simply jealous of 16 years old hitting big and success, they picked sooo many things on Leeseo.

I know that LIz got hate for weight gain. And WY and Leeseo. But when did Gaeul and Rei get hate?

• I know that LIz got hate for weight gain. And WY and Leeseo. But when did Gaeul and Rei get hate?

Rei's allegation was at her eleven era, saying she is dodging her falsetto part and changed it by calling "dive" instead.

Gaeul's was accused of saying n-word in 123 ive content where she and Rei were in rap class. The haters assumed that because the song that she rap about are indeed having n-word and the original singer are allowed to say that word. But that part was cutted out in production, and there are none of that were uploaded. This one is kinda far-stretched because the accuser sweared that this part got edited out after uploaded, when actually the video never changed because it had been cutted out in production, before uploaded. Actually for this one, Gaeul got accused in After Like era, not long after her part got viral.

• You I'm talking about you, literally criticising Leeseo for not knowing pokemon.

I guess according to you, Leeseo needs to self correct herself and learn about pokemon

It's because of people like you that love to spread ridiculous bullshit

I just think Leeseo should try a new approach since her current one clearly isn't working. I'm not spreading anything. Simply sharing my opinion. Isn't that what people do on forums? Not everything has to be an argument. We can agree to disagree.

• I'm curious who goes on tiktok for kpop content i tried but there was nothing interesting beside top 5 videos

A lot. Just search Leeseo and I already see people cursing her to get expelled from the group (6 member curse) with 158k likes

Screenshot_20230116_181251_TikTok.jpg

I just search Leeseo and look at the below recommendations

Screenshot_20230116_181356_TikTok.jpg

• Rei's allegation was at her eleven era, saying she is dodging her falsetto part and changed it by calling "dive" instead.

Gaeul's was accused of saying n-word in 123 ive content where she and Rei were in rap class. The haters assumed that because the song that she rap about are indeed having n-word and the original singer are allowed to say that word. But that part was cutted out in production, and there are none of that were uploaded. This one is kinda far-stretched because the accuser sweared that this part got edited out after uploaded, when actually the video never changed because it had been cutted out in production, before uploaded. Actually for this one, Gaeul got accused in After Like era, not long after her part got viral.

It's just crazy to what extent miserable people go out of their way to cancel people that are more successful and better looking than them

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I just think Leeseo should try a new approach since her current one clearly isn't working. I'm not spreading anything. Simply sharing my opinion. Isn't that what people do on forums? Not everything has to be an argument. We can agree to disagree.

this girl was working since she started to learn words as a child model, then became a trainee at starship and debuted in ive, continuing to work nonstop. its really not mindblowing that she doesnt know about pikachu just hearing by name, and even if she does and said that the hate still is unecessary, especially if added to every other "reason" people found to hate on her

JCsIq3Q.gif

• this girl was working since she started to learn words as a child model, then became a trainee at starship and debuted in ive, continuing to work nonstop. its really not mindblowing that she doesnt know about pikachu just hearing by name, and even if she does and said that the hate still is unecessary, especially if added to every other "reason" people found to hate on her

also, she already explained that she know it, but in a context of pokemon breads...

she doesn't know that it actually coming from games and anime series.

• possibly
    Leeseo is the most hated maknae
    of the 4th Gen

typical formula
    being hated had a reputation of the top visuals
    her stage presence felt on Hype Boy performance

External Content www.youtube.com

her visuals standout
    the most even against Newjeans member

• This thread contains 11 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!