Posts by ScarlettLeigh

It angers me when idols apologise for such trivial things. If I was her PR team, I would tell her the facts: If someone is leaving hate comments about something as trivial this, then they obviously never liked you to begin with and will continue to dislike you after you apologise. An apology will just excite them because they'll know they got the mighty Minji to bow down and beg for forgiveness. Never get down in the dirt with the pigs, it weakens your image and lowers your status. Just let haters seethe

:exit-pepe:

Nobody is saying another country should conform to their rules. And people are allowed to think that the law sucks. It's just people sharing their opinions, who cares.

Wonyoung is one of my top visuals, but I never understood why she's considered otherworldly goddess level in SK. My workplace is in one of those very fashion and appearance-obsessed areas (Soho, London) and I see girls who are just as pretty as/ prettier than her every single day. The constant fawning over Wonyoung's prettiness even had me wondering if it's really that rare to see a pretty girl in SK. She's very cute, but she isn't all that

:pepe-shrug:

SK is obsessed with luxury brands. It's a huge flex for an idol to become an ambassador for Chanel or Gucci, etc. They're not going to stop. The only reason you didn't see all these luxury brand ambassadors in the early days is because K-pop wasn't widely known and idols weren't given the opportunity. Now that they have such fame and money, of course they're going to flaunt/enjoy it.

I'm actually not into all that flashy showy-off stuff either. But I can't complain about celebrities behaving like, you know, celebrities. It just is what it is. We peasants can eat cake. :peperain:

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. It's refreshing to see honesty on a kpop forum. We all know that in Kpop, LOOKS >>>>> TALENT. Wonyoung got where she is today because of how she looks. It's not an insult. It's just the reality. There's nothing wrong with being untalented in this industry. Talent is not a requirement.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Their job is to entertain fans and look pretty.

You I'm talking about you, literally criticising Leeseo for not knowing pokemon.

I guess according to you, Leeseo needs to self correct herself and learn about pokemon

It's because of people like you that love to spread ridiculous bullshit

I just think Leeseo should try a new approach since her current one clearly isn't working. I'm not spreading anything. Simply sharing my opinion. Isn't that what people do on forums? Not everything has to be an argument. We can agree to disagree.

Guys we found the pokemon person

I don't know who "the pokemon person" is, but did you know that idols are just people too? Nobody goes through life without getting criticized. Especially not public figures. Leeseo has been the subject of "controversy" multiple times for the exact reason that I mentioned. It's clear that people don't like to see a teenager pretend to be a newborn baby. If she wants a career as an idol, then shouldn't she listen to what the public is saying and take this feedback on her chin?

Wonyoung self-corrects immediately and squashes her "scandals" as soon as they pop up (which is very frequently for Wonyoung, unfortunately. It's like playing whack-a-mole for her). Leeseo should learn from her example.

All idols have to fake their public persona to an extent, but Leeseo is so bad at it that her every move seems rehearsed. It's off-putting. Like she is trying so hard to give the impression that she is this super innocent/clueless/sheltered maknae that everyone wants her to be. She is a teenager, not a baby. I wish she could just be allowed to act her age. I was embarrassed for her when she pretended to not recognize Pokémon. Like, were you raised in a cult? Come on.

ive-member-leeseo-profile-facts-tmi-2.jpg

The flag "scandal" was the beginning of the end for her. It was a huge deal at the time and the fallout was ridiculous.

From Tzuyu's Wiki: Mainland Chinese internet users reacted angrily towards Tzuyu's actions due to the political rift between the two countries. Soon after, Twice was barred from Chinese television and Tzuyu was pulled out of her endorsement with Chinese communications company Huawei. Meanwhile, her agency, JYP Entertainment, released a video showing Tzuyu reading an apology.

Poor girl did nothing wrong, but she was treated like a terrorist or something. I think that whole thing really hurt her confidence. She became really quiet and shy after that. It took a while for her to start regaining self-esteem.

the point is that all idols are "fake" by some degree, heck all normal persons act fake depends of their environment, every person act different with their family, with their friends and at work, let alone in front of camera with thousands of randoms online watching every second of you, heck lots of people act different online than they do in real life, like most of them

there is nothing to discuss when is pretty normal for everybody, we don't know the real person behind their image and that goes for everybody in industry not only WY, what we see is short videos filmed in front of lots of staff and carefully edited

I completely agree that all idols fake their public persona to an extent. But I still think discussions about the cringey fakery like that strawberry stunt are fun. I come here for them because anything other than flattery and fawning over idols gets flamed by the white knights over on the Reddit subs :exit-pepe:

Obsessed with the "narcissistic, my god i love it" part.

That's actually my least favorite part. The robotic sound is so grating to my ears. It takes me out of the dreaminess of the rest of the song. But I've seen so many people say that they love that bit, so I think I'm in the minority here.