Who got more foreign members, KPop or JPop?

• Who do you think got more foreign member? 12

1. KPop (7) 58%
    2. JPop (3) 25%
    3. I don't really know (2) 17%

When I look at it I would say JPop has more foreign members in their groups than KPop or what would you say?

Examples

KPop

• GOT7 -> 1 member grew up in America, 1 member is Thai, 1 member is from Hong Kong
    • BLACKPINK -> 1 member grew up in New Zealand, 1 member is Thai
    • NCT -> 1 member grew up in the US, 1 member grew up in Canada, 1 member spend some time in the US, 2 member are Japanese, 1 member is Thai, 1 member is Chinese-Thai (or something), 5 member are Chinese, 1 member is Taiwanese and grew up in Germany
    • SNSD -> 2 member grew up in the US
    • VERIVERY -> 1 member grew up in New Zealand
    • TFN -> 4 member are Japanese
    • Kep1ler -> 2 member are Japanese, 1 member is Chinese, 1 member is Korean with (what were here routs again? Brazlian? German? American? IDK)
    • ONF -> 1 member is Japanese, 1 member used to live in Kazachstan (sry if I spell that wrong)
    • MONSTA X -> Didn't Jooheon used to live in the US or something?
    • Eric Nam -> Grew up in the US
    • KARD -> 1 member grew up in the US
    • A.C.E -> 1 member used to live for a bit in Canada
    • Stray Kids -> 2 member grew up in Australia, 1 member used to live in the US for a bit
    • DRIPPIN -> 1 member is half German
    • f(X) (Disbanded) -> 1 member was from China, 1 member was Taiwanese but grew up in the US, 1 other member also grew up in the US
    • W24 -> 1 member grew up in Chile

and so on ...

JPop

• BE:FIRST -> 1 member grew up in Australia and the US, 1 other member spend time in Korea (failed KPop-career)
    • INI -> 1 member is Chinese, 1 other member spend time in Korea (as kpop trainee)
    • Orbit -> 1 member is half Korean (and spend time in Korea as Kpop trainee), 3 member are Korean (and former KPop-idols)
    • GENERATIONS -> 1 member is half Korean, 1 member is half Fillipino, 1 member is half Nigerian (but has the US-citizenship)
    • THE RAMPAGE -> 1 member is half African-American, 1 member is half Fillipino, 1 member is Japanese-Hispanic-American-Fillipino
    • BALLISTIK BOYZ -> 1 member is half Brazilian, 3 members used to live in the US for some time
    • SUPER DRAGON -> 1 member is half Turkish, 1 member used to live in the US
    • OCTPATH -> 1 member is half Indonesian, 1 member used to spend time in Korea (as KPop trainee)
    • Noa -> He used to live in Korea (and spend most of it as KPop trainee)
    • BUGVEL -> 1 member is Taiwanese (and spend time in Korea as a KPop trainee), 1 other member also spend time in Korea (as KPop trainee)
    • FAKY -> 1 member is half US-American, 1 member is Japanese-Fillipina-Spanish (and something else but I forgot what)
    • PSYCHIC FEVER -> 1 member is half Nigerian, 1 member is Korean-Moroccan
    • IVVY -> 1 member is half Korean (and a former KPop-idol)
    • BXW -> 1 member is half Fillipino
    • FlowBack -> 1 member and 1 former member are half Fillipino
    • Maison B -> 1 member is half Nigerian, 1 member is half Iranian
    • NIK -> 6 member are Korean (and I think 3 were formere KPop-idols and 1 is still with his Korean group besides that)
    • INTERSECTION (Disbanded) -> 3 member were half US-American (of wich 1 was from Hawaii where he grew up and another one grew up in the US), 1 is half Irish (but has the Cuban citizenship and lived in 4 other countries besides Japan)
    • WARPs UP -> 2 member are Chinese (and former CPop-idols)
    • Monkey Majik -> 2 member are Canadian
    • Chanmina -> She is half Korean and grew up living in Korea, the US and later Japan
    • Sexy Zone -> 1 former member is half German quater Chinese quater Japanese
    • Snow Man -> 1 member is half Thai, 1 member is half Venezuelan
    • SixTONES -> 1 member is half US-American
    • BananaLemon -> 1 member is Fillipina-Russian-Spanish-Japanese, 1 member is half African-American, 1 former member is half Brazilian

and so on ...

Who do you think has the most foreign member in their groups?

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I'm not sure...I don't know much about JPOP but from what I'm looking at, I love the inclusion of Filipinos in these groups. KPOP doesn't have a lot of them...

I think that more people from different backgrounds are coming in because they used to be mostly idols of Korean descent and the foreign members were typically of Japanese descent. Or at least, that's what I've seen.

Now you're seeing Thai descent, Chinese and Taiwanese descent, Vietnamese descent, etc.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Are all of those groups just not that hugely popular or am I just out of touch completely with jpop?

You're most likly out of touch here

Some examples (I can't show all or else it will be too much):

Snow Man

They are signed with Johnny's Entertainment and are curently the most selling JPop-boygroup. The group debuted in January of 2020 and sold almost 12 million CDs by now. Their debut MV reached 75 million views on Youtube. Snow Man's debut single sold almost 2 million times and they also have 1 album with more than 1 million sales and 1 album that is very close to reach 1 million sales. The group's member Raul and Ren are also extremly popular in Japan (and Ren is also seen as one of the It-Boys). Snow man's Raul is also active as model and Ren as actor. The group is also the first Asian artist that got a brand-deal with the famous American jewlery brand Tiffany & Co.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

INI

They debuted in November of 2021 and are signed with Lapone Entertainment. INI is the winner group of Produce 101 Japan season 2 and their most wieved MV has 31 million views. They also sold around 2 million CDs by now of wich their debut single sold around 500K. Besides this INI also collabed on a Korean song together with the KPop-group TO1. (unrealated but there is also a TikTok clip of INI's Fengfan & Shogo dancing with Beomgyu of TXT, and since Shogo is a former CUBE trainee he is friends with Yuto of Pentagon).

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

BE:FIRST

They are the winner group of the survival show THE FIRST and debuted on the same days as INI in November of 2021. BE:FIRST is signed with BMSG which is a company owned by the famous Japanese rapper SKY-HI that he had opend up in 2020. After existing less than 2 years SKY-HI opend up that he first feared to go bankrupt with the company since he spend 3 million $ of his own savings to open up the company of which he spend 1 million $ to run the survival show that he held which wasn't backed up by a TV channel like most other survival shows would've been. He had no money left after the survival show finished and he had made his company but he reported that he was able to make a provite of 7 million $ in that short time by now. BE:FIRST's Ryoki is the most popular member right now who acted in a movie in 2022 together with other JPop-artists (that are signed with the company LDH) and Yuta of NCT which gave him a big boost in popularity. The debut single of the group was sold over 200K times. Their most watched MV on Youtube has 33 million views. Other than that BE:FIRST menaged to be the first and only JPop-artist that menaged to reach the top10 of the Billboard Twitter Charts after they got established in the end of 2021 and they were in the top10 of that list for almost 4 months in a row (however Billboard fucked this up and pretended that only BTS got 4 months on the top10 -.- ) (And unrealated again, Ryuhei's cousin was participant on GP999 and Junon was in a floped KPop-group before)

SixTONES

They debuted on the same day as Snow Man in January 2020 and are also signed with Johnny's Entertainment. Their debut single also sold almost 2 million and they sold in total more than 7.5 million CDs by now. Their most famous member are probably Taiga and Jesse who also work as stageplay actors. Their most watched MV on Youtube has 54 million views.

Monkey Majik

IDK much about them but only know that they are quit famous in Japan, which at first sounds a bit odd since the vocalist (and one of the guitarists, they are siblings) are bith from Canada (not Japanese) and the band is active since more than 20 years by now. Their most viewed MV on Youtube has 43 million views.

External Content www.youtube.com

Chanmina

I am not quit sure how much she sold in Japan but she is quit popular and seen as one of the most famous female rapper in Japan. She also released music together with a few other artists from Japan but also with Korean artists and international artists as like Doja Cat and Taeyeon. Her most watched MV has 32 million views on Youtube. Her latest few releases have been in Korean if I'm not mistaken but the majority of her music is in Japanese.

Edited 2 times, last by JiminieKookie ().

• Johnny's still going strong I see lol

• Johnny's still going strong I see lol

But in the wrong direction

Instead of uploading to streaming they just think they were the kings when their artists join Instagram and TikTok :rolleyes: Only ARASHI and Travis Japan are on streaming and for KAT-TUN they only uploaded 2021 and newer music ||

Also since 3 member left King & Prince everyone wants Sho Hirano to join Hybe and I'm like "pls no"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!