Do you think Black Pink will re-sign with YG?

• Do you want them to? 47

The result is only visible to the participants.

I hope they choose what's best for them.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by sonemariam ().

• They deserve WAAAAAYYYYYYYYY better but they all re-signed I think.

They have schedules going way into 2023

Maybe they have better terms in their new contracts.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm fine crossing that shitty bridge when we get there. Either way, I'm supporting them fully

I don't think they need that label that much anymore.

• I don't think they need that label that much anymore.

Contrary to what most believe about their image and brand deals being only because of YG, the Pinks have plenty of connections throughout both the music industry and the fashion industry. They all have really good relationships with their fashion houses, most of whom have publicly expressed frustration at YG before.

Those deals won't go away just because they left YG

And even if they decide to revamp themselves should they leave, people are still gonna love them lmao

• All indications and based on sources I trust over the years, they've all renewed.

YG is known for leading the industry in artist-friendly contracts. Comebine that with the enormous resources at YG. I mean look at their building.

And another factor that kpop fans don't consider or care about...they've known YG staff pretty much their whole lives. They're pretty close and are people that they most likely consider family. There's a comfort level there.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• Yes they will. But what's more important are their plans. Will they be a group in name only and focus mostly on solo activities and acting? That will be the most important detail to iron out.

I agree and it's trendy for most senior groups right now. They keep the group name and then do mostly solo things only.

But if that's what is going to keep them together, then I support it.

• All indications and based on sources I trust over the years, they've all renewed.

YG is known for leading the industry in artist-friendly contracts. Comebine that with the enormous resources at YG. I mean look at their building.

And another factor that kpop fans don't consider or care about...they've known YG staff pretty much their whole lives. They're pretty close and are people that they most likely consider family. There's a comfort level there.

Facts only.

But it depends on what they want and whether they are ready to chase it and fight for it.

This reminds me of Snsd. Tiffany, Sooyoung and Seohyun all wanted to act but SM wasn't supporting them like the do support Yoona. So those 3 left the company and started afresh. And today, they are all thriving.

Managers are easy. If you are very successful then you can pay them as well as the company does wherever you go, so they can easily follow you.

Resources are a different thing. This can determine whether one stays or goes. Hyoyoen, Yuri and Sunny stayed partly because they knew that SM had the resources to support them no matter what even though they don't bring in as much as Yoona and Taeyeon. Meanwhile, the other 3 left because they knew that with or without SM like resources, they can make it if they work hard.

So there's a lot to consider.

• What kind of options are these :pepestare:

Yes, they'll renew it because they want to. Why wouldn't they? They barely do any music and are making good money. They have time to do whatever they want.

This is not a drag, everyone would want to work less and earn more

• They deserve WAAAAAYYYYYYYYY better but they all re-signed I think.

They have schedules going way into 2023

Their resigning would be their debut date right, so theirs will be coming august next year

Also i think YG is in shambles a bit, if they resign they have all the leverage in the world to get a good deal

• So heres the thing....

We know YGE are only interested in Lisa and Jennie but BP have been doing so well that rather than dumping Rose and Jisoo it's probably better to just debut a GG under TBL.

You might think this sounds fantastical, but let me remind you that YGE dumped 2Ne1 a number 1 Chart dominator to debut BP which they planned since 2012.

The only problem I can see is........ will YGE debut another GG in the near future because they aren't JYPE that currently have 4 active GGs with good financial success.

Teddy barely writes songs for Somi and BP so he's going to have even less time when TBL debut their GG.

The future I can see for YGE is another Sausage Factory copying the World Famous Sausage makers Big Hit :P

• Do you want us to play "Spot the errors" with you? :melon_think:

• why would YG not inform the media that BP members renewed their contracts? what would be the point in delaying the news to next year when this would mean their biggest moneymakers are staying put hence more profit in the next few years?

edit: i mean bts was supposed to renew initially in what 2020? but they ended up renewing in 2018

• They will definitely sign but they will focus on Solo CB's mostly in the future. I think girls looks happy. I don't think they hang out as much as their fans, whether it's Comeback frequent or not. But I'm waiting for Rose's 1st full solo album. There were songs she wrote, maybe if they worked on them, Rose could be the soloist who released the most songs in Blackpink.

• I honestly still have that feeling that at least 3/4 of them who have already built their solo careers will stay with YG but only building their solos. I kind of feel like they member and YG set it up so that they can stay but as soloists.

Jisoo is a bit in the gray area...we have no idea if she's going to release a solo song with YGE or if she's going to continue with acting.

But IDK if there will be a group. They're hardly a group anymore. They don't promote that often, don't release content, rarely have performances, and I love them but I'll even say that they either weren't as enthusiastic for their current tour or they were poorly prepared for it (most likely the company's fault). They're more like models and faces of companies now and do more traveling than being in the group that made them. And let's be honest, the company treats them like shit and it feels like nothing's going to change.

Like I'm not usually one to assume their futures because I'm more of a "go-with-the-flow, whatever they decide to do, I'll be happy with" but this time is different and I'm not really sure why. I'll still be happy with whatever they choose, of course, but I do have my predictions...

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• They don't promote that often, don't release content, rarely have performances, and I love them but I'll even say that they either weren't as enthusiastic for their current tour or they were poorly prepared for it (most likely the company's fault). They're more like models and faces of companies now and do more traveling than being in the group that made them. And let's be honest, the company treats them like shit and it feels like nothing's going to change.

i disagree. i think they're better in this tour than in the IYA tour

• i disagree. i think they're better in this tour than in the IYA tour

Maybe so but I think that we can all agree that they don't deserve the hate they've been getting during this tour. They have worked hard, whether people like to admit it or not.

Everyone is open for constructive criticism but what is not okay is downright bashing.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Why wont BP resign with YG? - it's in the best interest for both parties to have BP resign.

YG cant afford to lose BP so the members would have more bargaining power.

also, Where else can the members go after YG? no korean agency will know what to do with them - they really are entering new ground breaking areas. BP's too much to handle for small/midsize agencies and they dont have the resources to make deals in a global market. which leaves the other big 3+ hybe.

BP doesnt fit Sm's or HYbe's corporate model - they wont know how to promote them properly and will try to force them to pump out content after content.

JYPE is less stringent but they too seem to be clueless - they're VERY good with knowing what appeals to the asian market , but we all know how famously JYP failed in the western market - he's learned from his mistake but he still doesnt have nearly a decade of experience YG has in this area.

then what? western agencies? i dont trust any one of them and they have no idea how to promote asian artists.

Like it or not, and although BP deserves better, YG is their best option.

they have a very successful world tour right now, have top tier endorsements, artistic freedom and they make bank.

Unless the members have a catastrophic falling out with YGe, or the girls being tired of being idols or in a group, i dont see them not resigning.

• if i were them, i would put some bullet proof clauses on that contract

so they wouldn`t play them dirty like they do on some of their artist

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• what do you mean they don't have the resources? rosé and jennie could make the jump and sign with a western agency although of the four i think rosé would be the most successful at that. they have networked a lot in the west and i don't think blinks would hate them for making that jump.

Changed the title of the thread from “Do you think Balck Pink will re-sign with YG?” to “Do you think Black Pink will re-sign with YG?”.
  • Did YG ever give out better contracts after resinging? Or was ever any kpop artist in YG who had better career after resinging? In my eyes YG is more likely to throw away even the most successfull idols on a whim or just let them to be forgotten...

I think BP will renew but I don't see them doing more group activities. I have a feeling that not all of them want to continue on with music, but that just may be me, I wouldn't bet on it. IMO of course.

* * * * * * •×• * * * * * *

• they could easily create their own label if that's the case they have the money and connections but I personally don't think they need to. I wonder if they will move to the blacklabel though

• they could easily create their own label if that's the case they have the money and connections but I personally don't think they need to. I wonder if they will move to the blacklabel though

they dont seem to have the industrial connections - idols usually dont - look what happened to jessica.

i dont think black label is a reality either just for that reason - they're backed by YG money, but the black label seems to be more geared towards the domestic indy market - but that could change in the future. they are taking auditions for a GG afterall; Still, i dont think it's realisitic at this point for BP to go to the much smaller black label.

• what do you mean they don't have the resources? rosé and jennie could make the jump and sign with a western agency although of the four i think rosé would be the most successful at that. they have networked a lot in the west and i don't think blinks would hate them for making that jump.

ok..

i said

"BP's too much to handle for small/midsize agencies and they dont have the resources to make deals in a global market."

the "they" here refers to small/midsize agencies.

also read what i wrote about western agencies.

• They can make their own label.

• This thread contains 63 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!