RE : Are Hybe buying YG soon?

• Guys i'm usually not on board with these type of rumors but its true that taeyang's been showing up at parties (and i think there was one more iteraction with him recently which i cant remember fully ) + the treasure mentioning of j-hope is definitely planned

no way treasure, a rookie grp were going around naming a bts member randomly :eyes:

not saying hybe's buying yg but maybe a bigger collab or buying some shares??

• Go to Best Answer
  • in response to this anon

OP
  • Tbh fans hate each other and that's it. Hybe and YGE never showed publicly disaffection so this is just normal, no? The same way YGE groups interacted with SME or JYPE. Nothing new neither weird. Just fans thinking the companies and idols will "buy" their online fights when honestly they don't care.

• Hybe and YG have been working together though. They co-own YG Plus together now.

• Guys i'm usually not on board with these type of rumors but its true that taeyang's been showing up at parties (and i think there was one more iteraction with him recently which i cant remember fully ) + the treasure mentioning of j-hope is definitely planned

no way treasure, a rookie grp were going around naming a bts member randomly :eyes:

Where have you been?!! Hybe joined YG plus beginning of last year and left SM and JYP's Dreamus distributors.

Since then you can see Hybe and YG collaborating in varies business ways like YG artists under Weverse and other ventures.

This is why in the beginning of BTS career you would see them a lot collabs on gayo stages with SM or JYP artists.

HYBE and SM and JYPE don't work together anymore.

• yeah its common for big 3 to interact with each other but bts /bp always pretend like they dont know each other's existence

the only big 3 grps which mention bts are usually jyp grps

When BP participated in year end awards BTS literally were there dancing and singing their songs so not really avoiding each other. They just didn't mention each other, but that's just them. Hybe and YGE has more than 2 groups and what more mention when they are dating? :flirt-pepe2: kkkkkkkkk

• they can, they have money

also even when HYBE share price dropped it's still 3 times more than YG share price

but they would need to find right time for it to later not be blamed for BP contract renewal fiasco...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Interesting :eyes::eyes:

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• I think HYBE will. If not buy them completely, at least get some shares.

Maybe not right now obviously, but in a year or two.

And if it really does happen, HYBE will have 3 power girl groups under them with BlackPink, NewJeans, and

Le sserafim.

Plus I love Treasures talent as a group. A lot of people disregard them because most of their title tracks don't make noise, and supposedly their sales has gotten worse too this latest comeback. But if they become under HYBE, then HYBE stans will check them out, and hopefully their views and sales could go up. Cuz they really are good.

• lol.

No. YG is a multinational conglomerate with about a dozen subsidiaries. Kpop fans kill me thinking they're just a Kpop label.

Also YG has invested in Hybe subsidiaries and Hybe has done the same with YG.

Plus Hybe has taken on extreme amounts of debt the last several year, so they don't have the cash flow to buy a major company like YG.

I guess I need to fire back up my YG Business thread and continue with educating people and continue to update so it would stop from the ignorance spreading.

But it does get exhausting.

I mean I don't expect Kpop fans to have expert business acumen, but you shouldn't speak in absolutes or offer up opinions if you don't know what you're talking about.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

Edited 2 times, last by Blue2012 ().

• Actually yg did not invest in any hybe subsidiaries naver did but not yg

• lol i think you're grossly overstating how big YGE is. It's market capitalization is only 843 billion won according to Google, that's only 646 million in USD. That's a tiny small cap company by American standards. To even be considered a mid cap in the US, you need to have 2 BILLION USD in market cap.

Hybe is almost an order of magnitude bigger, 6.5 trillion won which is equal to almost 5 billion in USD. That's like almost 8x bigger than YGE. In fact, Hybe is bigger than YGE, JYPE and SM combined.

Depending on cash and other financials, Hybe could easily swallow up YGE.

• lol i think you're grossly overstating how big YGE is. It's market capitalization is only 843 billion won according to Google, that's only 646 million in USD. That's a tiny small cap company by American standards. To even be considered a mid cap in the US, you need to have 2 BILLION USD in market cap.

Hybe is almost an order of magnitude bigger, 6.5 trillion won which is equal to almost 5 billion in USD. That's like almost 8x bigger than YGE. In fact, Hybe is bigger than YGE, JYPE and SM combined.

It's wild how hybe dwarfs YG

Both have the biggest BG & GG,one company heavily invested & pushed their bg while the other still acts like BP isn't bigger than them 💀

Tho with the massive tours BP is mounting now, YGE market cap will grow significantly

• Even if HYBE wanted it, I don't think the Korean fair competition committee would allow it. Maybe they can just buy out a few of their subsidiaries.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• YG Entertainment is quite a big purchase to take on so I doubt it. Pledis only has two active groups and I'd estimate around 20-30 trainees. YG has a lot more complex business model than the other companies that HYBE has acquired, so I suspect any purchase of YG would be a gradual buying up stock in YG since it is a public company.

tumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo4_400.gifvtumblr_osguhaDV7t1sk2kqwo2_400.gifvtumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo1_400.gifv

t-αrα | kαrα | wσnhσ | mírαє | dríppín | ívє | crαvítч | thє вσчz | вαє173 | trєndz | ítzч | чσunítє | wєí | nínє.í | shínєє | dkz

• YG Entertainment is quite a big purchase to take on so I doubt it. Pledis only has two active groups and I'd estimate around 20-30 trainees. YG has a lot more complex business model than the other companies that HYBE has acquired, so I suspect any purchase of YG would be a gradual buying up stock in YG since it is a public company.

Hybe bought Justin Bieber’s company lol. I’m sure they can buy YGE if they really want to

And HYBE bought ITHACA Holdings just last year worth 1B USD that's more than YG's market cap. It's funny how that YG stan insulted others for not having 'business acumen' when he/she's so wrong lol. And having a loan in the business world is needed and a smart thing to do for various reasons like expanding & keeping the cash flow going.

So much for his/her 'business acumen' lol.

• I mean I don't expect Kpop fans to have expert business acumen, but you shouldn't speak in absolutes or offer up opinions if you don't know what you're talking about.

You're one of those kpop fans who needed to read more books about business, economics & corporations tho 🤔

• Hybe and YG have been working together though. They co-own YG Plus together now.

Geez...sigh.

No they dont co-own YGPlus together.

Yang Hyunsuk sold his shares and his brother sold some of his as well as YGE sold some of theirs. But about 5 months later YGE bought back up even more shares of YGPlus than it had before and increased its majority ownership...partly due to Yang Minsuk selling some of his and YGPlus issuing new stocks.

YGE and Yang Minsuk (YG's brother and current Co-CEO of YGE) together own about 40% of YGPlus.

And no, Hybe doesn't have "ownership" in YGPlus, their subsidiary Weverse invested for about 16%.

In fact GD and Taeyang probably own just about as many shares personally as Weverse does. They bought YGPlus shares early on.

As I stated, YGE invested in Hybe Subsidiary Venew Live. Which is the online concert platform.

YG and Naver are currently building largest VFX/SFX studio in Korea where these will take place along with TV and Film will be produced.

So business partnerships are intertwined sometimes. Just like SM and JYP have their own concert platform.

So as you can see, even a tiny error or assumption made by users requires sometimes long and detailed explanations that takes some time to explain.

Which is why I haven't read anyone who's quoted me because I don't even want begin trying to explain because it takes time to educate people on it and answer any questions.

Maybe I'll just start to update the YG Business thread again.

THEBLACKLABEL is about to go public soon so maybe I should just do it to head off any misinformation.

EDIT: I'll restart the YG Business thread for the new year.

There's a lot that's happened since I stopped updating it early this year. I've saved some of it so I'll do my best to include that, but I'll mostly start new.

But I'll update new business partnerships and new actors and models signed etc.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

Edited once, last by Blue2012 ().

• I don't give a shit my dude

I mean already bought shares in YG’s subsidiaries and YG artistes are on weverse. They already have a company collaboration going on

Nah it ain’t. Hybe bought ithaca holdings along with all their subsidiaries under them for over $1B. YG is almost worth half that price.

Buying YG is not the issue for Hybe

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!