Favorite socially/politically conscious songs done by a korean artist?

• powerful messages in songs is one of the things i find myself looking for the most .

i have been looping change by RM and wale for ages and it is in my opinion one of the best songs lyrically speaking and with an incredible message to boot .

RM blew me away with the level of lyricism in this ultimate collaboration .

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Favorite verse:

[Wale (Rap Monster):]
    Moonz, prayin' for better days for you and I
    I see progress via my daughter's eyes
    I think I think too much now and drink too much now
    I numb it 'cause I don't wanna cry
    (Prayin' for better place for you and I
    I see some grass growin' in winter's eyes
    I think I think too much now and drink too much now
    To numb it 'cause I don't wanna die)
    I believe that real friends love you to no limit (yeah)
    I believe that real change lies in the mirror (yeah)
    Since I was a little one wasn't 'posed to get much status
    Now they got they hands up for me like a stick up
    (Say, "Hands up, hands up" like a stick up
    Hands up, hands up like a stick up
    Since I was a little one, wasn't 'posed to get much status
    Got they hands up for me like a stick up, check it)
    [Wale & Rap Monster:]
    Take it day by day, night by night
    It's on you and me if I'm gon' shine
    Not stoppin' day by day, night by night
    It's on you and I
    Moonz and the ARMY right
    (My hands up)

What is you favorite sing done by a korean artist tackling heavy issues and why?

• if im being serious i would say this

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.youtube.com

• Against the objectification of women & beauty standards

a bop omg

• Like Patrick from sponge-bob? “ I’m cool but I am not dumb” is that what they are trying to say? Or maybe he is a sponge bob cartoon fan

yeah lmao

since patrick is a star but is shown to be dumb in the series

but there r so many better metaphors why that one :cryingk:

• External Content youtu.be

• Official Post

I'd pick breathe since its a song about the poor air quality in korea (air pollution) while also illustrating the social pressures of being an artist/musician that has to live up to so many expectations.

• I'd pick breathe since its a song about the poor air quality in korea (air pollution) while also illustrating the social pressures of being an artist/musician that has to live up to so many expectations.

that sounds cool ill check this song out

• Bapsae/Silver spoon

They call me a try-hard

Our generation has had it hard

Hurry, chase 'em

Thanks to those that came before us I'm spread too thin

They call me a try-hard

Hurry, chase 'em

My teachers were born with it all

At my part time job, it's "all for experience"

At school, there's the teachers

My superiors use violence

In the media they go on about "the generation that's given up"

Change the rules, change change

The ones who came before us want to, want to maintain

But we can't do that, bang bang

This ain't normal

This ain't normal

Ah, stop going on about 'effort' and more 'effort'

Ah, it makes my skin crawl

Ah, try harder, ah, try harder

Ah, you really don't have a chance

As expected of the ones before us

Ah, stop going on about 'effort'

(As expected of them), they meet your expectations

(As expected of them), they've earned their name

(As expected of them), they can just take it all

(As expected of them), those that came before us

They call me a try-hard

Hurry, chase 'em

They call me a try-hard

Hurry, chase 'em

I've got a crow-tit's legs, and you have a stork's legs

They all say their legs are worth a million bucks

My legs are shorter, so how do you expect me to keep up?

They say it shouldn't matter since we're coming from the same place

Never, never, never

Change the rules, change change

The ones who came before us want to, want to maintain

But we can't do that, bang bang

This ain't normal

This ain't normal

(As expected of them)

It's my fault? You're joking, right?

This is fair? Oh, are you crazy?

This is right? You must be kiddin' me

You must be kiddin' me

You you must be kiddin' me

(We're try-hards), we meet your expectations

(We're try-hards), we've earned that name

(We're try-hards), let's all just get along well together

(We're try-hards), try-hards

They call me a try-hard

Hurry, chase 'em

They call me a try-hard

Hurry, chase 'em

• Bapsae is a no branier, but people sleep on Am I Wrong! The lyrics are so deep and I am pretty sure that they treaded on a fine line with some of the things they alluded to :eyes:

• if im being serious i would say this

Curious choice. Not the first BTS song that came to to my mind for this but i guess it fits the social theme cuz it calls out old people judging the younger generation plus it does praise hard work!

• EXO - Mama

This song discusses how technology has changed how we view the world and the influence of media.

“Why won’t we look each other in the eye anymore?

Why won’t we communicate? Why won’t we love?”

“At some point, we have voluntarily

Trapped ourselves in a smart prison

We base our personalities from

A digital world made of 0s and 1s

There’s no life, emotion.”

Can u elaborate on the message and lyrics since m not familiar? Thanks.

Quite a few Songs by Zico (Block B) and Epik High.

But tbh, all these Songs only make sense if the ones listening to it also take the message by heart.

• Against the objectification of women & beauty standards

I love the MV. It's tackling it in such a fun way

• Mamamoo

I love this song :danceb:

They say they can’t figure out at all

So that they can’t figure it out

In my own world

I will achieve as much as I want

My role that I’ve dreamed of

Uncommon come on

Sometimes I do change

Whatever they say, I don’t care

If you don’t know then shh

Please don’t jump to conclusions

There’s no difference between you and me

So what if I ruin it

As I want, do it again

Laugh in front, cry behind

Well, what to do?

Even if I express it, they will just see it as they wish

Who am I?

Who who am I?

Every moment

WANNA BE MYSELF

There is no fixed standard in this world

Like this, like that

Don’t compare

Not different, you and I are not different

You and I

I respect myself, if I like it

Then that’s all that matters

OK OK

I’m original

Every day I

WANNA BE MYSELF

The me that you’re seeing, is that my real self?

Yesterday and today

Just like how day and night are different

Change, new feeling

I like it, do everything I want

Unending challenge

It does feel quite foreign sometimes

Regardless, I’m still the same

Oh, look at me

I have many colors

But nothing’s different

About me

Every day

I WANNA BE MYSELF

Like this, like that

Don’t compare

You and I

I respect myself

If I like it, then that’s all that matters

OK OK

I’m original

Every day I

WANNA BE MYSELF

Wherever you are, living is the same

Doing this, doing that, doing whatever

I’m me, yes, me

When I’m me, when I’m just me

Wanna be right there

Oh, don’t try to fit me

You and I

I respect myself (self)

If I like it, then that’s all that matters

OK OK (that’s all that matters)

I’m original (I’m original)

Every day I

WANNA BE MYSELF

~Blood stain on my shirt new bitch on my nerves~

• Oh! my favourite is the same.

But if I have to give you the second, it'll be 'Am I Wrong' by BTS.

RM really shows us why he is the best lyricist in the industry in 'Mono'. That album is fucking masterpiece through and through. Heart wrecking!!!!

one of severly underrated BTS songs.

My favorite verse is also RM's. :pepe-comfy:

[RM]
    If what you see on the news is nothing to you
    If that comment is nothing to you
    If that hatred is nothing to you
    You’re not normal, you’re abnormal

• From the ones I know, probably Super Junior's Don't don

I like the first MV a lot! I looked up the lyrics elsewhere cuz they werent in yt. Companies should start doing their job smh X/

Thanks !

• Can u elaborate on the message and lyrics since m not familiar? Thanks.

First song 2ne1's Ugly is about the increasing pressure for girls to fit society's ideal of beauty. Being tall, thin & fair skinned is considered beautiful and every girl is looked down upon if not meet this standard. Problems arise because of appearance and it creates anger and shame which makes the girl to hide away. Even the person is talented and skilled no one cares since she is not deemed beautiful. This song has helped me stay powerful and optimistic when I was in middle school since I wasn't considered beautiful and always teased by people ugly. Just listening this song I feel like I can conquer the world!

Second one f(x)'s Red Light

It is said the songwas criticism of Sewol Ferry Disaster. But I don't know whether it is true or not.

In short the song is about how our beliefs are shaped, influeced and nurtured. They have criticsed mass media etc lots of things in our life, the red light is that danger coming to us, the music video is so interesting it has so many symbolism & messages

I hope u check out the songs, i have explained very briefly

• Talks about life being meaningless and aimless, suicide and mental health.

It's for people who always say that they are ok but they are really not.

Do listen to it please, even have an English version

the best :pepe-toast:

"

" svt + blackpink supremacy

final-1.gif

• Ugly is definitely the saddest song in Kpop for me.

Something about its utter simplicity and directness.

Romantic heartbreak is always a good source of emo angst and sadness and even grief, but a song like Ugly goes to the heart of one's self esteem, self worth, and self love.

But it has to be sung by the right singers, the lyrics are so deeply personal and raw. I saw Jinsoul and two others from Loona singing a cover of it, and they did a fine job with the vocals, but there was such a massive disconnect hearing Jinsoul saying these lines:

• This thread contains 10 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!