K-pop groups with the most Daesangs of all time (Major awards shows)

• This thread is a list of K-pop groups that have won the most grand prizes (Daesangs) from Korea's five major award shows. These award shows are the most prestigious and most have been around since the first generation of K-pop. The award shows are the Golden Disc Awards (GDA), the Seoul Music Awards (SMA), the Korean Music Awards (KMA), the Melon Music Awards (MMA) and the Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA).

BTS - 50 Daesangs

EXO – 18 Daesangs

Girls' Generation (SNSD) – 10 Daesangs

Big Bang – 10 Daesangs

Super Junior – 7 Daesangs

TVXQ – 6 Daesangs

2NE1 – 6 Daesangs

NewJeans – 6 Daesangs

H.O.T – 5 Daesangs

SG Wannabe – 5 Daesangs

Twice – 5 Daesangs

Ive4 Daesangs

G.O.D – 3 Daesangs

Groups with 2 Daesangs:

Groups with 1 Daesang:

Original list by MassiveKpopFan

tumblr_mbacq1PDzs1rvedkto1_500.gifv

少女時代

Edited 6 times, last by Reclaimer ().

• Interesting Records

The most Daesangs won by an artist in one year are 11 by BTS (2019).

The only groups that have won a Daesang in the KMA are Girls' Generation, Big Bang, BTS and Aespa.

Girls' Generation is the only female group that has won the GDA Disk Daesang (2010).

BTS is the only group that has won the KMA Musician of the Year Daesang, and they have won it 3 times.

BTS is the boy group with the most Daesangs.

Girls' Generation is the girl group with most Daesangs.

Big Bang won the four Song of the Year awards in 2015 with three different songs (Bang Bang Bang, Loser and Bae Bae)

Map of the Soul: Persona is the most awarded album with five Daesangs.

Girls' Generation, BTS and SG Wannabe are the only artists that won both Daesangs in GDA.

Girls' Generation and Big Bang are the only groups that have won Daesangs while having members that won Daesangs too.

--

Feel free to post other interesting achievements!

少女時代

• No Red Velvet?

That surprises me.

I guess Twice blocked them a few times.

Psycho deserved better.

• I expected the BTS and EXO gaps but surprised to see the SNSD is still so large. I thought Twice had closed it up a little bit more.

It's also mildly surreal to realize Shinee has so few daesangs.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I expected the BTS and EXO gaps but surprised to see the SNSD is still so large. I thought Twice had closed it up a little bit more.

Twice may have more if we're counting Daesangs from other award shows. Depending on the person asked SNSD has won anywhere from 6 to 11+ additional Daesangs outside the big five award shows, and Twice 10-12+.

少女時代

shinee was exiled to Japan for almost 2 years after how successful lucifer and hello were. That did definitely took away from their hype.

That would have been the end of many rooky groups careers and they still somehow bounced back.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Actually, TWICE is the girl group with the most daesangs. SNSD only have more if you limit it to major award shows.

I wonder how many BTS would have if we counted all awards shows if they already have so many. 50+ easily.

Fun fact: TWICE is the only GG to win SOTY for three years straight at MAMA.

Yes I mentioned how it's likely that Twice has more Daesangs if we're counting every award show with Daesangs ever. But attempting to compile all grand prizes from other award shows is near impossible because people don't track those across generations, so finding those older than 2016 is extremely hard.

For example Big Bang won a Daesang at the Korea National Assembly Awards in 2008, SNSD won a Daesang at the Proud Korean Awards in 2010, Fin.K.L won a Daesang at the SBS Gayo Daejeon in 1999, etc. Of course there are more, but those never get counted when talking about the number of Daesangs these groups won.

少女時代

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!