Let’s be honest 2nd gen isn’t better than 4th gen

• If a song like fantastic baby or gee gee baby baby released today y’all would call it noise pollution or annoying 😭

Remember when you were 15 and when your fav music was called trashy? That’s what y’all sound like now.

Anyway generation is a myth. Stan EXO. :pepelove2:

• No

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It is just their taste, nothing wrong with people liking older stuff and thinking current stuff is bad and vice versa.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Your fav are in hiatus :pepe-tea:

My hiatus faves has military promotions, more than active groups

:pepe-tea:

External Content twitter.com

• My hiatus faves has military promotions, more than active groups

:pepe-tea:

External Content twitter.com

Deserved :pepe-toast:

• 3rd gen bestest by far

2nd gen full of plagiarism and repetition

3rd gen introduced variety and gave kpop its unique color while still maintaining the fundamentals of what made music good

4th gen everyone fighting to claim the title of "badass girl crush" for their 2 minutes of fame

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• lets say its different not better or worse.

the staff, composer and choreographer got all more experienced. style, lyrics, dances and concepts developed. its more professional now.

on the other side we dont get snsd and 2pm make a cabbi song. we dont get those variety shows. no t-ara, sistar or other small groups come out of nowhere to compete with the biggest just because they make good music. its a lot less predictable and exciting. the companies made it a lot more articifical and even the fanwars are boring now.

on youtube the 4k idols look better then the 480p girls from 2nd gen but on stage with audience i could give you a lot of names befor a 4th gen group would come to my mind.

on my all hits playlist 2nd and 3rd gen songs are pretty even depending on what you count brave girls but 4th gen songs make less then 5% of the songs.

some prefer this and some prefer that.

• what variety 3rd gen introduced?, kpop had so much variety in 2nd gen from the beginning, its more like its narrowed down in 3rd gen actually.

also there are so much plagiarism in 3rd gen too lol, but talking about plagiarism is meaningless when kpop music itself is copy of western music with some twists here and there, every kpop song lends beats and melodies from western songs

• Since I don’t really watch performances I don’t particularly care. But musically speaking people just remember the songs they loved forgetting all the trash that was released is all. And I don’t agree I think music was most mundane and repetitive in 2nd gen far more than now. Things blended into that generic pop sound far more in 2nd gen than in 4th.

• Since I don’t really watch performances I don’t particularly care. But musically speaking people just remember the songs they loved forgetting all the trash that was released is all. And I don’t agree I think music was most mundane and repetitive in 2nd gen far more than now. Things blended into that generic pop sound far more in 2nd gen than in 4th.

na, we dont forget the trash. and of course there was also a lot of that. today we dont even check out out all the underground groups. still the groups served so many bobs.

i dont know about repititive. to me t-ara alone served more diversity than whole 4th gen combined. they did great edm dance song(sugar free), retro (roly poly, like the first time), cute japanese(bunny style), cute korean(bo peep, round round), sexy(so crazy) hip hop colab with boy bands(ttl), tellin whole stories(jeon won diary, day by day), total stupid shit(yayaya) even their b-sides were top(im in pain, whats wrong). they were well known for their ballads and all could act. whatch their devil phone movies. and thats just half of it. even 4th gen scandals are kindergarten to what they had to go trough. and there were half a douzend top groups more. where do we have that nowadays?

• what variety 3rd gen introduced?, kpop had so much variety in 2nd gen from the beginning, its more like its narrowed down in 3rd gen actually.

also there are so much plagiarism in 3rd gen too lol, but talking about plagiarism is meaningless when kpop music itself is copy of western music with some twists here and there, every kpop song lends beats and melodies from western songs

2nd gen had variety ? lol

ring ding dong ding dong ding dong digi digi dig

gee gee gee gee baby baby baby

tell me tell me te te te tell me

fantastic baby dance woo wooo i wanna dance dance dance da dance

repeated x40 times and boom you have a hit song

these were the kinds of songs held as top tier in second gen

fucking cringe

and i really like wonder girls but their music after the 3rd gen rebrand was so many leagues better

you could say relatively twice and bp had slightly repetitive songs but still way more unique elements in their instrumentals and groups like exo red velvet and bts actually had really interesting songs despite being mainstream

then you look to slightly lower tiers and you have groups like wjsn loona oh my girl ikon winner etc with such different musical colors and all of them good in their own way

im not even gonna look for super outliers

just hearing these pieces without the korean lyrics

External Content youtu.be

its so easy tell which one sounds like very generic 00s western pop and which one has extra added oomf and I chose mainstream big3 groups title tracks

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• na, we dont forget the trash. and of course there was also a lot of that. today we dont even check out out all the underground groups. still the groups served so many bobs.

i dont know about repititive. to me t-ara alone served more diversity than whole 4th gen combined. they did great edm dance song(sugar free), retro (roly poly, like the first time), cute japanese(bunny style), cute korean(bo peep, round round), sexy(so crazy) hip hop colab with boy bands(ttl), tellin whole stories(jeon won diary, day by day), total stupid shit(yayaya) even their b-sides were top(im in pain, whats wrong). they were well known for their ballads and all could act. whatch their devil phone movies. and thats just half of it. even 4th gen scandals are kindergarten to what they had to go trough. and there were half a douzend top groups more. where do we have that nowadays?

I can’t think of groups music more dated than tara we clearly have very different experience with music 😭✊

• this thread waking all the 2nd gen stans :prisonerpepe:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Shinee is still have good music even their old songs are very clean and melodious. Ring Ding Dong is the craziest and but most good experimental song I've ever heard. In this generation, groups trying to make experimental music can't cope and they can't make hits. I don't think everyone can carry experimental and weird music like a 2nd Generations. I'm used to and prefer 3rd generation music in general, but with the exception of Shinee. The 3rd generation has not tried such bold and different things. I think 2nd generation is more crazy and unique. 3rd generation music sounds safer to me, except for Red Velvet.

• Well every generation songs gets updated with every trend or whatever just like my taste in music sooooooo I like every generation equally I guess :nervousk:

3rd gen is currently my fav buuut 4th is coming strong :eyes:

★*★*★*★*★ Fearless, say yes, we don't dress to impress ★*★*★*★*★

dbbc37ee9b34ecb400d4db7532da1d35482c7371.gifv 3923379cb0fbe44b64145967a41d9516e417f661.gifv 682caaf41fe5214856b2773b89e21a72d129a70d.gifv a5265df948bd48063ce07183be2c0b2db46f9bc7.gifv

• 2nd gen being the main Villains of kpop again

We like the dark side

• I can’t think of groups music more dated than tara we clearly have very different experience with music 😭

You actually enjoy 4th gen "music," so I suspect your musical "experience" is very different from most people's. T-ara's discography completely wrecks the likes of Aespa and *gulp* NMIXX.

• This thread contains 36 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!