Would you allow your child to be a trainee at 12-13, compete on shows, and debut? Work?

• I was recently thinking about this and there's just no way I'd allow my child in the entertainment world, especially not alone.

I'd sign them up in singing and dancing classes if they wanted to, music, whatever they want, but there's no way I'd allow them to become a trainee. Maybe when they were an older teen. I don't even think I'd be a helicopter parent, but look how teenagers are treated in the industry.

Debut only after high school, and I'd basically do everything in my power to let them chase their dreams safely.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• I was recently thinking about this and there's just no way I'd allow my child in the entertainment world, especially not alone.

I'd sign them up in singing and dancing classes if they wanted to, music, whatever they want, but there's no way I'd allow them to become a trainee. Maybe when they were an older teen. I don't even think I'd be a helicopter parent, but look how teenagers are treated in the industry.

Debut only after high school, and I'd basically do everything in my power to let them chase their dreams safely.

Same here :thumbup:

work in progress

• if he would be a boy

he would play football/soccer because it's easiest way to earn good money as adult

if he would be a girl

no idea, depends on what her mum says lol

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Same here :thumbup:

I just can't imagine myself being calm if somebody tried restricting my child's healthy eating and they tried to put them on a diet of 6 bananas per day or something like that. Like, I'd be so mad. There's no way.

La Chancla Mamá GIF - La Chancla Chancla Mamá - Discover & Share GIFs

mKl7Ghm.png

• Yes. I want to live every parents dream. Not working pass 40s and living of the money my child make.

yup

this is the real reason most of these people push their kids into the industry

They know very well its not safe for the kids

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Same this is something I'd never do. To put a young child in such an environment on their own is something i don't see myself doing .

If they are interested in music or dancing that's something I'll encourage but as a hobby but doing it as work or as a trainee is a no no for me

• yup

this is the real reason most of these people push their kids into the industry

They know very well its not safe for the kids

That's how I feel. A lot of them aren't good parents or don't have their child's best interest in mind. A lot of them are stage parents.

mKl7Ghm.png

• That's how I feel. A lot of them aren't good parents or don't have their child's best interest in mind. A lot of them are stage parents.

• First of all, I wouldn't let my child go to another continent alone so young to train.

And second of all, the k-idol training culture in Korea seems pretty toxic and draining, with trainees missing school and life in general by training for more than 12+ hours a day. (I mean, a more flexible training schedule for training with just a few hours a day or maybe just in the weekends where they would have time to do school work, homework and probably socialize with their peers would be nicer, but those companies love to exhaust all those kids even before debuting them).

Therefore, no.

• Debut only after high school, and I'd basically do everything in my power to let them chase their dreams safely.

totally agree, i have said it many times before but i truly feel kids should only debut AFTER finishing high school

so jic the group flops(which realistically happens to 90% of non big4 groups), they at least have a certificate to pursue university after their idol career and get a stable job. and its simply not realistic to study and work as an idol(a full time job) at the same time, and have good results(sure unless they're some genius but im in high school and the curriculum is VERY demanding)

plus im not sure if being under the spotlight at a young age is even good for children growing up, children deserve their childhood

• that's a very hard thing for me to say.

------------------------------------------

If i'm a normal parent and the kid was a prodigy and made it by themselves... nah. Even if they are a prodigy they lack the mental hardening, and the external shielding to protect them from the inevitable backlash of debuting such a young child, the f*cking pedos, and, generally, antis. it'd hurt to hold them back, but going that early is like feeding a lamb to the wolves. Maybe, if the child was competing against other children?

No proper debut until 16-17 though.

• NO

they're way to young to mentally, hell even physically, process any of the weight that comes w/ it. at that age stuff like that should be HOBBIES for children, then when they're older they could decide if they want it to be their career bc 13 is way to young to know what you even wanna do w/ your life. like when it becomes WORK thats crossing the line for a child especially when you're entire self is shoved into the limelight for thousands+ people watching. becoming a celebrity at a young age could come w/ so many unhealthy repercussions with long lasting mental effects. idk its just that kind of enviroment is in no way healthy for a child.

imagewe are the two as oneimage
    tumblr_87c871885fc1b1ac179f7fad3f66c807_97657e41_540_5.gif

• in the west probably not,

but remember SK has an absolutely insane schooling system, so being able to debut is being able to escape the hell that is school life then university

Escape from one Hell to another?

mKl7Ghm.png

• Yeah I would but I'll be super protective of them. I'll hire professional help, learn everything about the industry, and accompany my kids everywhere like a tiger mom.

If it's my kid passion/dream then I don't want to deny them that and I'll support them and show them I'm always on their side.

• I just can't imagine myself being calm if somebody tried restricting my child's healthy eating and they tried to put them on a diet of 6 bananas per day or something like that. Like, I'd be so mad. There's no way.

La Chancla Mamá GIF - La Chancla Chancla Mamá - Discover & Share GIFs

bruh same!!

AND NOT U USING THE CHANCLA GIF FROM COCO :angryr::cryingr:

Te voy a pegar con la chancla!!

Amazon.com: Beware Of La Chancla 12

work in progress

• Well as my daughter is 20 now and in a job of her own, it is hypothetical but no I wouldn't as I wanted her to have a normal life and do the things a kid of 12,13 should be able to do - after all they are still a child. Personally I think it is too young and kids of that age shouldn't be thrust into it even if they wanted it.

• Hmm. I think I have a different take. I have worked with child actors before on commercials and I have seen some kids who are very determined and focused on their career, just like some kids in other field, from athletics to dance to science. If my child was really serious and wanting to do something, I'd support them even if it's not necessarily what I would want for them. I've also seen the flip side of skeezy helicopter parents or parents, who while not skeezy, are clearly pushing kids, so I'm a little torn here insomuch that I'm not worried about my own parenting but other people who come in contact with my kid.

I think if my kid came to me and said "Mom, I really want to do this. I love to sing/dance and really want to pursuit it as a career", then we would have to set some guidelines - such as waiting another year or two until they're 15/16 to make sure they really want to do this and I would support them with a watchful eye. (Also, knowing your kid's personality - like do they have the discipline and focus required for this?)

Minor idols still go home to their parents at night and an involved parent can make sure there is structure and wellness (as much as possible). There are idols who debuted young or started training young who are still quite well-adjusted, which is a testament to good parenting in the crazy idol world. (The Dreamies, for example, debuted very very young and it's clear their parents did and continue to have a strong hand in ensuring stability for them.)

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• No I would let them have a good education and develop like a child should. Kids don't have any business having cameras being shoved in their faces and each and every one of their moves being recorded or watched

out of service

• if they were talented? Sure, why not? Kinda wished my parents had done it with me tbh. At least would have a chance to be rich and famous. Of course, that being said, I wouldn't be the kind of parent to leave my kid unattended with a group of weird adults or take on schedules that were too excessive for them or push them to continue if they didn't like what they were doing.

• personally I wouldn't but that's me...

I cannot say the same for other people and other's people's children

if they want to go ahead - they should understand the pros and cons of it though

• Personally, I would not. If they want to become one around 18ish, they can. I would just make sure they finish high school first at least so they have that normal experience. From 18 on, they can do what they want. I just think 12-13 is a little young to be thrown into such a toxic/totaling thing. Obviously, I would support them and be there for them no matter what.

[COLOR=rgb(255, 77, 77)]BTS[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(255, 153, 153)]⤛⤜[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(255, 128, 0)]EXO[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(255, 204, 153)]⤛⤜[/COLOR]SVT⤛⤜[COLOR=rgb(128, 255, 0)]GOT7[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(204, 255, 153)]⤛⤜[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 128, 255)]PENTAGON[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(77, 166, 255)]⤛⤜[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(166, 77, 255)]BIGBANG[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(204, 153, 255)]⤛⤜[/COLOR] [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 128)]+MORE[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 128)] [/COLOR]

• entertainment industry is full of frustrated parents, who want for their children the career they couldn´t have

The people who try to fulfill their dreams through their children, not allowing them to have their own are some of my least favorite kinds of people.

mKl7Ghm.png

• I definitely would try to talk them out of it but there's only much you can do when someone is determined to do something. It's probably easier to set boundaries as they are kids and try to make them have lessons to make up for it but once they start becoming teenagers and the will is still there denying it can lead to a lot of frustrations and bitterness.

• I probably would if they were very determined.

Instead of going to university prep classes at the age of 12 (which is a thing where I live), they are going to trainee classes every evening. Honestly, it's much better that way because they are guaranteed employment after training for years, on the contary of wasting their teenage life just to get admission to a university. Not to mention both are equally draining, so trainee life is not as bad of a choice.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• I probably would if they were very determined.

Instead of going to university prep classes at the age of 12 (which is a thing where I live), they are going to trainee classes every evening. Honestly, it's much better that way because they are guaranteed employment after training for years, on the contary of wasting their teenage life just to get admission to a university. Not to mention both are equally draining, so trainee life is not as bad of a choice.

They're not guaranteed employment after training for years. Many trainees get dropped after years of training and have no real life skills. Aegyo for fansigns can't really be used irl. Most groups actually disband soon, only a small portion of them make it. Some that do get to be active don't ever see the fruits of their labor due to k-contracts, and some get pressured into entertaining sponsors. That's a very naive way to look at things.

mKl7Ghm.png

• anyway, for that age, I guess I will be reluctant to let them be a trainee, well at least until they finish their mid school. Maybe I'll just helping them searching for various dance/singing competition if my kids truly want to become an idol. It will help them knowing the world around them and giving them an experience.

but you know, sometimes we don't know what offer that life has, and if my kids are a really really talented, and if on some competition my kids is offered by some company, I'll do a background research first about that company. If it's shady then I'll not allow it.

• They're not guaranteed employment after training for years. Many trainees get dropped after years of training and have no real life skills. Aegyo for fansigns can't really be used irl. Most groups actually disband soon, only a small portion of them make it. Some that do get to be active don't ever see the fruits of their labor due to k-contracts, and some get pressured into entertaining sponsors. That's a very naive way to look at things.

It depends on the child's skills and passion. Suppose the kid is very poor in studies but on contrary is able to secure a trainee position in a big 4 company. Isn't it better to let the kid try it out at least? Nobody is saying them to drop out of school, but they can take those classes after school. While I think debuting after high school should be the norm, it doesn't hurt to be a trainee during middle and high school (only if they aren't missing school because of it). Once they realize idol life isn't for them, they can pursue something else later on.

I've seen my friends be depressed because their parents didn't let them pursue the career they wanted. They were sadly forced to go to school and prepare for uni against their will. I would rather see my child fail while living their dream than be depressed or dead.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• This thread contains 8 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!