Warning letter to parents: Even daycare children play the "Squid Game"

• Source: welt.de

Translator: JiminieKookie

The popular Netflix series "Squid Game" causes a sensation and imitations worldwide - although extreme brutality is shown in it. Because of this, parents in Pinneberg have now received a warning letter.

In a daycare center with an attached after-school care center in Pinneberg near Hamburg, children re-enacted the bloody Netflix series “Squid Game”. In a letter to the parents, the responsible contact person at the day care center warned against the series. It is "brutal, glorifies violence and especially disturbing for children," quotes the Schleswig-Holstein newspaper publisher from the letter. Nightmares, fears and psychological problems could be the result. “Hence our urgent appeal: don't let your children watch this series. Not even when you're there. ”The series is rated for people older than 16.

The South Korean series "Squid Game" is the most successful Netflix production to date. The story of almost 500 people is told in nine episodes, all of whom are deeply in debt. They compete against each other in seemingly harmless children's games in order to win prize money. But the macabre competition does not allow a second chance: Anyone who does not make it to the next round will be killed immediately.

According to the report, kindergarten teachers became aware of the fact that at the end of a game the children said to each other: "I'll kill you". "You are causing emotional harm to your children if you let them see something like this," warns the contact person responsible for parenting in the letter. On Friday, the daycare management itself also commented on the process. A spokeswoman said it was about five to six year old children in preschool classes and school children up to 13 years in the after-school care area. She asked parents to be more responsible. "Here parents are challenged to set a barrier for their children." Children can't deal with the brutality and the merciless competition depicted in the series. It is clear that smaller children also have background knowledge and would have seen the series with parents or older siblings. The daycare center is now looking to talk to the parents.

Similar incidents and warnings have occurred in other German states as well. "Teachers have reported that this series is also being re-enacted in their schools," said the President of the Bavarian Teachers' Association (BLLV), Simone Fleischmann. Schoolchildren played series or computer games over and over again; that was completely normal. "But that already has a new quality and it causes excitement."

There are also similar experiences internationally. Some schools in thw New York state have banned costumes from the series for Halloween. As the head of the school inspectorate of the Fayetteville-Manlius school district announced on Thursday, the children are not allowed to wear the costumes "because they could convey messages that glorify violence". On the last day of school before Halloween, students in US schools often come to class in costumes.

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• reminds me of that whale challenge that was going around a year ago

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• I already heard my neighbors children playing red light green light …. Who let’s their kids watch this.

its also all over tiktok which a lot of kids use, so they might not even be watching the show :melon_think:

LAFBL0s.gif

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

• like red-light green light was there before the squid game just it's now more popular.

still parents watch ur kids

• like red-light green light was there before the squid game just it's now more popular.

still parents watch ur kids

i think every country has their own variation :melon_think:

my country's one is whats the time mr.wolf :eyes:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!