If Blackpink cannot dethrone NewJeans on the charts then it’s official that NewJeans will become K-pop’s next biggest girl group

• Blackpink is the last major 3rd Gen group to make a comeback so we will FINALLY see whether or not the cracks that have started appearing for a lot of 3rd Gen groups, happen to them. Yes I know a lot of 3rd Gen groups are still going strong, but there’s no denying they’ve kinda already passed their peak/are starting on a slow decline.

It’s especially evident with BTS’s Yet To Come kinda doing mediocre on the charts especially since their album was very much anticipated and was really hyped up only to end up as one of their worst charting songs in years.

We are really living in unprecedented times when a barely 3 week old group is absolutely annihilating the charts right now and no better timing than with the worlds biggest female group dropping their new song this Friday.

Do you think Blackpink will show us that 3rd Gen dominance is still alive and strong, or will they too succumb to the decline that most 3rd Gen groups are now starting to experience. Good luck blinks, may the odds be ever in your favor!

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I noticed that setting up NewJeans on twitter and trolling in their name on forums has become a trend lately. Isn't this a bit too much? I thought we were supposed to protect kids from toxicity, but I never knew k-pop stans didn't include themselves in this conversation :(

• The task is gonna be incredibly tough. Newbeans is reaching new peaks on Melon as we speak. Insane. Blackpink is gonna need 500k ULs at least to take them down, that means very little drop off from LSG where they peaked around 510k-540k UL. They're in for the battle of their lives.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• op shaded bts and you are here calling blinks toxic :/

Conflict of Interest lol.

The task is gonna be incredibly tough. Newbeans is reaching new peaks on Melon as we speak. Insane. Blackpink is gonna need 500k ULs at least to take them down, that means very little drop off from LSG where they peaked around 510k-540k UL. They're in for the battle of their lives.

Attention will end up with 550k - 600k uls after BP's cb. They need to do more than 600k uls to secure the number 1 spot. Anyways, a top 5 debut is a hit already. It might climb up, but it's not gonna be easy since Attention & Hypeboy are still gaining a lot of uls.

• I'm just speaking from my multiple experiences in this forum with some toxic Blinks🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Just saying.

they still said "It’s especially evident with BTS’s Yet To Come kinda doing mediocre on the charts especially since their album was very much anticipated and was really hyped up only to end up as one of their worst charting songs in years." but you ignoring that lol

• I doubt any group can seriously beat New Jeans right now. Their songs are a huge hit hear, I don't think a song has hit off like this from but since like Dalla Dalla and its considerably more than that.

• in korea maybe. Actually korean charting is depending on public interest thats why even top groups will not have success everytime or viral hits like rolling happens. But this time yg is pushing blackpink very much into america so it will be interesting how well they do in there

• Well Bts's butter made it to top of billboard 100 yet aespa beat it with next level on Korean charts, then charted great with their follow-up "savage" both of which are still charting in top 100 on melon even after a year. The fact that people are already calling aespa flops just beacuse girls' didnt hit no.1 even though it peaked at no 10 and is still in top 20 after a month tells you that what new jeans needs to prove that they are the new queens is consistency. So I think their next come back would determine if the are the new queens or not and that has nothing to do with blackpink. Infact between all 4th gen girls fighting for the top spot (aespa, ive,kep1er, new jeans, nmixx, lesserafim, gidle, etc) the tie breaker is going to be consistency. Who ever first proves to be consistent wins. People be worring about blackpink when snsd is slowly creeping their way up the charts, we might be in for a surprise from them, they already are in top ten.

• are you hearing NewJeans in public spaces?

yes all the time. Its actually interesting I thought it would be mostly kids that would like them but it is like middle school to like mid 20s girls and women. Not many men, from what I have seen many women and girls like them. Also yeah a lot of play in public like stores, stores, as you walk down the street.

Ive been also hearing SNSDs new song a loot recently.

• Firstly OP, BTS released an anthology album (not a regular album that Armys wanted) with just 3 new songs which leaked everywhere months before release, killing a lot of the hype (evidenced by Armys complaining right here on this forum) as most Armys were not looking forward to a ballad as a title track nor were they looking forward to a compilation album. Secondly the news about BTS taking a break from group music sent the fandom into massive shock so expecting that release, which had taken a sad turn, to perform normally is absurd. The song Armys liked the most -Run BTS- was not performed even once. BTS did promo for the album only for 1 week. But go ahead and ignore the circumstances.

Also for those drawing an equivalence between this scenario mentioned in the title and with NL and Butter by saying Next Level beat Butter is stupid.

Butter was number 1 on Melon for a month before NL took over and Next Level's UL peak was nearly as much as that of Butter. Replacing a song on the chart after it has charted for a month at 1 is not really the beating on charts you all are making it out to be. But Kpop stans re-writing history where BTS are concerned is nothing new.

Reminding you all of what Butter achieved so that this stupid analogy stops

Next Level beat Butter in longevity and that is about it. Butter even won more SoTY daesangs.

• When there are so many diverse k pop GGs doing exceptionally well in SK and sometimes few groups who managed to do that also go thru a phase of not doing exceptionally well but decent on the next release—> public cares more about which song is promoted, viral and which song they like > than which gg is top gg.

There are more things that needs to be considered than topping/not topping a chart to be identified as a top GG/top group.

If BTS is declining acc to your standards, idk what the groups behind them will be considered. Charting is not an accurate reflection of artist peak and decline. Like I said more things are necessary to consider that

• Attention will end up with 550k - 600k uls after BP's cb. They need to do more than 600k uls to secure the number 1 spot. Anyways, a top 5 debut is a hit already. It might climb up, but it's not gonna be easy since Attention & Hypeboy are still gaining a lot of uls.

Yeah. Even if bp does get big uls they'll still be blocked most probably. Newjeans is everyone's favorite in sk atm.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• I think people are miss-interpreting what the OP is trying to say

They are not saying NewJeans are better than BlackPink

They are asking whether (like every other Generation that came before) are the 3rd Gen acts who are still clearly the Top of the Kpop Industry starting to be replaced by 4th Gen Kpop acts (not nessesarily NewJeans)

No one thought Red Velvet was greater than SNSD in 2015/16 but the signs of the 3rd Generation starting to displace the 2nd were everywhere

Where as, there has been Zero real signs that the 3rd Gen is currently being displaced, which is weird because according to some people we are going to have 5th Gen Groups debuting in around a Year's time and it is very possible that this supposed "4th Gen" never became the Industry leaders (part of the reason I am not convinced we are 4 and a half Years into the 4th Gen as most people here seem to think)

The OP uses NewJeans because they are the 4th Gen group that is charting well right now in this moment as BlackPink makes their comeback

• The whole year 4th gen ggs are doing well on charts. 3rd gen ggs have been replaced in sk pretty much since 2021.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• This thread contains 58 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!