Posts by Nux

The statement is objectively wrong, another narrative their bitter haters want to push to make themselves feel better.

Their stage presence is excellent: Lollapalooza, Summer Sonic, Super Pop festivals or other gigs like Bunnies Camp showed their charisma in the most natural and most raw shape. They commanded the stage on their own, without fancy sets or visuals, without extra focus on backup dancers or extensive dance breaks. They have totally slayed it while having only university festivals as experience. You can not imagine what will become of them once they start touring. Their TMA, GDA, MMA, NYRE, etc performances are equally great. You watch NewJeans perform, and it doesn't make you smile? That's on you, you must be unhappy and hate fun.

NewJeans performance style is fundamentally different from what K-pop typically offers. Their performances are fun and unique because they incorporate small conversations between members while singing and executing very busy choreography. The reason why Hype Boy choreo went viral is due to the distinctive choreography and performance style that left the impression of a "group of friends having fun together". This style/vibe is deeply rooted in their performance direction (Ditto, ASAP, etc.) and makes the audience's experience so much better because they feel part of the conversation; they feel equally engaged. I think they are masters of their own style, which sets them apart from others.

They have a strong foundation in hip-hop, which isn't surprising given the influence of their performance directors. They heavily incorporate footwork and striking arm movements. There is a lot going on, it's very busy (which isn't my observation alone, but pro dancers who dance with them have noted it). Their strength lies in fluidity and random synchronization. I'm not sure if I can explain this, but while they are synchronized, their choreography incorporates a sequence of movements where members just do different moves, yet it doesn't look chaotic, but perfectly harmonious. These kinds of parts add a flavor to their performances, because it shows off members' individuality and also is in line with their performance direction, which focuses on having fun on stage naturally. Their style is unorthodox. It isn't your taste, and do you prefer powerful choreos with hyper focus on synchronization and sharp moves like ITZY/LSRFM? That's fine. It doesn't make NewJeans' performances any lesser.

NewJeans will always make sure that the choreography matches their music and that's not the drag you think it is. That's what makes their group identity unique and is proof of their versatility. Super Shy uses whaacking and tutting, OMG footwork and old school hip-hop, CWY incorporates contemporary dance. They also incorporated voguing in both ETA and Super Shy dance breaks, cheerleading moves for Attention and so on. It isn't an issue of their songs or their stage presence, but y'all problem of being unable to appreciate different styles and thinking that only time someone serves stage presence is when they act edgy and tough. :sleeping:

RIAJ Platinum (100M)

RIAJ Gold (50M)

Apple Music Japan (Daily)

#2 Ditto

#2 Super Shy

#4 OMG

#5 ETA

#16 Hype Boy

#16 New Jeans

#25 Cool With You

#40 Attention

#45 ASAP

#61 Get Up

Spotify Japan (Daily)

#3 OMG

#4 Ditto

#4 Super Shy

#11 ETA

#19 Cool With You

#27 New Jeans

#51 Hype Boy

#54 Attention

#55 Zero

#56 ASAP

#63 Get Up

Apple Music Top Songs of 2023: Japan

#9. Ditto (Highest K-pop & most entries)

#20. OMG

#34. Hype Boy

Spotify Top Tracks of 2023 Japan

#13. OMG

#14. Ditto

#59. Hype Boy

#67. Super Shy

Oricon Annual Ranking 2023 — Streaming

#15 Ditto — 180,426,182 streams (Highest K-pop)

#25 OMG — 157,909,383 streams (2nd Highest K-pop)

#51 Hype Boy

#95 Super Shy

Oricon Annual Ranking 2023 — Total Singles

#3 NewJeans 'OMG' — 1,192,122 points (Highest K-pop)

#87 NewJeans 'Super Shy'

Billboard JAPAN Year End 2023 - Hot 100

#26 Ditto (Highest K-pop)

#31 OMG

#68 Hype Boy

Billboard JAPAN Year End 2023 - Artist 100

#11 NewJeans (2nd Highest K-pop act after SVT)

Billboard JAPAN Year End 2023 - Streaming Songs

#17 Ditto (Highest K-pop)

#28 OMG

#55 Hype Boy

#100 Super Shy

Ditto

─ Excellent Work Award (SOTY) at the Japan Record Awards. 1st Korean song to win.

─ Longest Charting 4th Gen Song on the Japan Hot 100 (52 weeks and still charting)

─ Fastest Song by an overseas female artist to reach 100 Million Oricon streams

Additionally, NewJeans had successful Summer Sonic 2023 gig. 30k crowd at afternoon set, only handful of acts have filled Marine Stadium at this time and they put admission restrictions for safety!

Do you know who has biggest boost after NHK Kouhaku Uta Gassen appearance?

Apple Music Top 100: Japan

#12. Ditto (+2)

#22. OMG (+4)

#41. ETA (+24)

#57. Hype Boy (+6)

#61. Super Shy (+14)

Spotify Japan: (01/01)

#34. Ditto (+15)

#47. OMG (+4)

#51. Super Shy (+2)

#54. ETA (+12)

#86. Hype Boy (-1)

#159. New Jeans (RE)

#195. Attention (RE)

RecoChoku Daily Singles Chart (01/01)

#18. Ditto

#39. ETA

#75. OMG

— Ditto is the highest-charting K-pop song.

Well...seethe some more for me while NewJeans keeps smashing! :smirks2:

Nothing in this thread is hating on NewJeans, Ador or even Min Heejin. If you missed the context, OP is irate at HYBE. I'm not sure exactly what you feel you need to defend because it really seems like you think some entity other than Hybe is getting dragged. But you'd be wrong about that.

Wow, talk about putting words into my mouth for offering logical reasoning. Suit yourself and use your imagination to the fullest.

And people ask why company stans piss me off

As if min heejin has any connections for tth playlisting lol

Truly insufferable, but that much is expected. Yawn.

Let's not act like BigHit doesn't know what TTH is. BTS has been on it before, lol.

Obviously. BTS' first entry on TTH was DNA and they have been playlisted on it since then. It is also true that BTS' English songs and even Mic Drop and some remixes spent more time on TTH than BTS' Korean songs. It is even more true that they never bothered to playlist solo works decently, especially, mixtapes. There was a lot of fuss back then because D-2 was only added on K-pop playlists. It seems nothing much has changed in their promotion methods of solo works.

I was pointing out that there is no correlation between NewJeans and Hobi, because they fall under different management and ADOR is 100% independent in management. I'm pretty sure Min Heejin didn't call Park Jiwon every day for playlisting. HYBE labels probably don't need Headquarter's approval who to playlist and promote or not.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:pepe-toast:

Attention deserves its charting. The entire debut is so solid i dont mind NJ occupying the top 3 with 3 title tracks

The only part i dont like is people using Attention staying at #1 to drag BP and IVE. C'mon, if your faves can chart as good as PV and AL, you will be screaming out of happiness

It's always like this. Today they are using NewJeans to drag others, previously it was different group and next time it will be other group. It's always fans of other groups too. K-pop stans are predictable. :suure:

It's matter of time imho. PV is already narrowing the gap. Friday/Saturday are the biggest increases in ULs. While both will reach new peaks, PV will probably have bigger gain and will end up overtaking with VMAs and Inkigayo promo. Regardless, Attention is fighter and got people mad.