Posts by Riveria

SM finally released Siren on digital platforms today. I wasn’t expecting much because this song is 8 months old and by kpop standards “noisy” but RIIZE’s Korean fandom/general public appeal is quite strong for a rookie boy group no?

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Debuting #35 on Melon 24 hits and reaching a peak of #13 on Melon top 100 for an 8 month old song with no official MV is impressive no matter how you look at it. You’d think this was their actual comeback!

Now i’m curious about their next single. Stay tuned for their upcoming song ‘Impossible’ out April 18th 👀

top 3!!!

External Content x.com

Wow just when I thought they finally reached their peak they continue to prove me wrong. I’m shook!

It’s undeniably Karina. Like she’s one of the TOP 4th gen IT girls right now along with Wonyoung and she actually has the stats and receipts to back that up.

Her charms, personality and talent make people resonate and stan her. There’s a reason why the #1 most watched video of 2023 in South Korea is Karina’s appearance on Youngji’s show.

People are so drawn to her in a way you only really see with the top-tier IT girls. IMO she has star factor that I don’t personally see in Minji just yet.

Top 4 now!! This is crazy!

External Content x.com

Talk Saxy making her entrance and peaking higher too.

External Content x.com

Get a gutair despite being released 4 months ago also reached a new peak earlier!

External Content x.com

RIIZE really be the trending boy group in Korea currently this is insane for a rookie boy group :wow:

They’re insane and on a Sunday too

External Content x.com

UPDATE: Top 3 now!! Omg!

External Content x.com

I think people sometimes forget because of NCT but actually SM boy groups usually chart well in Korea (at least during their peak).

TVXQ, Super Junior, Shinee, EXO were all regular chart toppers during their hey days with actual hit songs that the general public listen to. EXO hitting #1 with First Snow over 10 years later is a testament to the public’s longing for the older SM boy group sound.

This is not to say NCT don’t do well but if I recall correctly it took them a while to get an actual chart hit like NCT 127’s Kick it (4th year) or NCT Dream’s Candy (6th year) which just so happens to be a remake of a classic popular song by H.O.T, another popular SM boy group from 1st gen lol.

RIIZE charting shows that the public have been waiting a long time for another SM boy group with more “palatable” music and an easier to digest concept.

Them being this good at charting already reminds me of rookie Shinee with replay or rookie TVXQ with Hug, both songs of which were huge hits back in the day that earned them super rookie title. It’s no surprise that knetz constantly say RIIZE remind them of 2nd gen.

In other news RIIZE love 119 just reached #7 on Melon! Amazing to see the public open up to a new boy group after so many years.

External Content x.com

RIIZE Talk Saxy has entered Melon 24 Hits for the first time since it’s October release at #100.

External Content x.com

It’s starting yall! New influx of fans means checking out RIIZE discography which = Talk Sexy finally getting the love that she deserves. This marks their 3rd song entry into Melon’s main chart.

UPDATE: Love 119 hits a new peak of#10 on Melon. Riize’s first top 10 hit let’s go my monster rookies!

External Content x.com

It’s been growing steadily everyday since release so I’m guessing maybe top 10 by the end of next week!?

External Content x.com

They’re also doing well on Spotify and YouTube too.

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

It’s funny how half this thread is just people debating whether RIIZE are 4th or 5th gen lol.

Regardless of which gen RIIZE fall under, it’s kinda wild to me that it took 6 years since 2018 (beginning of 4th Gen) for a new gen boy group to have some kind of solid hit on the Korean charts.

And yes GAG is most definitely an hit considering its stability on the charts right now. Currently at #19 on Melon Daily Chart in its 5th month. Like that is almost GG level charting which is beyond amazing for a rookie boy group in the barren wasteland that is boy group charting.

Clearly the general public have taken a liking to RIIZE because their songs have increased UL’s over time as opposed to debuting high and dropping out of the charts like most 4th/5th gen boy groups. If SM keeps their sound like this I could see them becoming even bigger in the future.

External Content x.com

RIIZE are charting so well for a 4 month old rookie group. Their progression has been fun to watch.

External Content x.com

Not bad for a rookie boy group on a Friday release

External Content x.com

Check out the MV

External Content youtu.be

I just checked Melon Daily Chart and you’re right. I haven’t seen this many SM songs chart high like this in a while. The last time was back in 2021 when Taeyeon, Red Velvet and aespa all had songs in top 10 at the same time with Next Level, Weekend and Queendom.

It’s even more impressive when you realize all their artists that are currently charting are from different generations too. SM may not be as popular internationally but their popularity in Korea is definitely still there and it shows.

Love it. Bop for me and she’s already slaying the charts. That’s MOTHER

External Content x.com

I think IVE is currently giving them a good fight. I’d also wager a bet ILL’LIT because they’re also HYBE and bang PD will 100% push them. They have similar visuals to New Jeans too.

There’s also the highly anticipated SMNGG. If they go with the large SNSD like GG formula with public friendly music I could see them put up a good fight especially since SM has been doing amazing with RIIZE’s concept and they are currently smashing in Korea for boy group standards.

More unlikely to happen but never impossible is KISS of Life. They’re just so talented that I refuse to believe they’ll flop into nugudom 😭