Should changes be made in moderation?

• I did it here Ves , i'm sorry if it's not the right place.

First pls if you post here be respectfull, staff are human like us they deserve any insult or anything like this.

are akpop users satisfied with the current moderation of the forum?

Personally I am not I find that the moderators are biased and it shows every day Fortuna and ZestyMochi don't have the same energy at all to moderate depending on the group or thread. we had another example today :

How moderation can justify that no one in the staff saw nothing when dreamer come to harass monalisalove for 30 pages on a thread, you can't tell me none of you has seen controversial topics on aespa recently on several dozen pages or others groupes.

And now suddenly when it concerns bts or an army fortuna arrives even before the 5th page. Can you must stop making fun of us, there is a huge problem with the two moderators in place, they do not do their job of moderation at all or rather they do not do it impartially and correctly.

and this kind of thing is not the first time it's happened ... I want to clarify that I do not blame the army fandom for this but our two moderators.

I will also add that I do not understand the role of 2yr ... Who are you ? You're moderator on this forum i've never interacted, did someone have see this moderator being active on a topic with you ? it may be a problem when you are a moderator to be so distant from everyone...

superyeah is an active member, we can reproach him for things but I think he is the only moderator here to do a minimum of his work. I know that you will contradict me here superyeah and that you will defend your colleagues (it's normal).

But if I open this topic here it is above all to discuss changes that we could bring to moderation and make it fairer and clearer for everyone. all suggestions are welcome.

Personally in my case I ask for the arrival of new moderators to help the staff who seem overwhelmed by the enormous work of moderation on the site and a reform of moderation.

i absolutely understand the fact that you guys in the staff do your best, and give everything for us everyday, you guys are all human and can do some mistake or miss things sometimes, i undertand it very well and i respect you a lot for what you do everyday. but there are problems and we need to discuss them.

• Moderation is, in general, a thankless job. It usually ends in someone being upset, even if all the proper steps are followed.

I don't think there's a perfect solution. Especially since they are doing that moderation in addition to the rest of their normal lives.

That being said, I've never had a problem with any of the moderators.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• tbh I just think there could be more moderators because there are times when there are no moderators online and their responses would be faster. Honestly, it seems like a pretty hard job though :pepe-shrug:

• I don't think there's a perfect solution. Especially since they are doing that moderation in addition to the rest of their normal lives.

So maybe we can have some new mods, to help with the work of moderation. They often say they don't see everything which is understandable, but in this case they should increase the moderation staff to divide the work even more. (it's just an idea I'm not saying it's the best).

• So not sure this is relevant but: My biggest pet peeve is the amount of spam threads. People posting dozens of threads, clogging up the forum, to farm akorns.

But yeah, I haven't noticed a particular mod or fandom this is connected to but there are definitely times when I wonder why one thread/post was considered over-the-line while others were allowed. At the moment there isn't a well defined rule against hate or bashing and users can get away with more or less anything that isn't straight up, unfiltered hate so when a thread is locked or a comment removed I don't always get why that one in particular was chosen.

• so you made a thread about them not doing their job, while talking to them in private chats.

Then you made a public thread about it.

Doesn't make sense to me mate.

they told citron to make the thread.

Ves

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• so you made a thread about them not doing their job, while talking to them in private chats.

Then you made a public thread about it.

Doesn't make sense to me mate.

it's a conversation started by fortuna not me, who answered me on my post of the old thread before I started this one. If it makes things any clearer ^^

• they told citron to make the thread.

Ves

it's a conversation started by fortuna not me, who answered me on my post of the old thread before I started this one. If it makes things any clearer ^^

ok, that makes more sense now. Thank you, both.

The take-back from your OP Citron is that them being both Army means they will close BTS shading threads,

but Aespa or whatever else group they will not?

Or am I understanding it wrong?

• The take-back from your OP Citron is that them being both Army means they will close BTS shading threads,

but Aespa or whatever else group they will not?

Or am I understanding it wrong?

My main complaint is that moderation is faster for BTS threads or when army are involved than for others. There have been many threads with fandom battles on dozens of pages that have never been quickly moderated or very borderline remarks that sometimes take a very long time to be moderated.

• But I don't agree they are doing a bad job because they are Army

I don't blame them for being armys, I blame them for biased behavior.

No matter the moderator or new moderator they will anyway be affiliated with a fandom the main thing is to be impartial and that's just my opinion, but I think that's not the case here.

• My main complaint is that moderation is faster for BTS threads or when army are involved than for others. There have been many threads with fandom battles on dozens of pages that have never been quickly moderated or very borderline remarks that sometimes take a very long time to be moderated.

I wonder if there are reasons for that, which we can't possibly know.

For example, do more posts from those BTS threads get reported than they do from the Aespa threads?

I'm sure there's more going on behind the curtain than we can take into account.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• My main complaint is that moderation is faster for BTS threads or when army are involved than for others. There have been many threads with fandom battles on dozens of pages that have never been quickly moderated or very borderline remarks that sometimes take a very long time to be moderated.

I agree on this and have seen it as well.

But, since they both are Army they will be tagged on the thread or they will just check it out since it's about BTS.

That was my entire point. It's normal to be more interested in BTS threads if you are Army.

Mods are humans after all.

Then we should get a few more mods that are part of other fandoms?

Would that work though? Last forum had quite a diverse spread and it went to shaite.

Cause they were always fighting (trust me, I know shit)

I don't really have a solution for it, except reporting and reporting.

That's what I do. I report posts that I think are wrong, and they will get handled.

• I'm really not fighting anyone here lol. I agree we need more mods.

But I don't agree they are doing a bad job because they are Army

its impossible for them to not be biased if they're army though, at the end of the day they're still human. i'm not personally calling out any of them here so i hope they don't take any of this offensively :pepe-notes:

I wonder if there are reasons for that, which we can't possibly know.

For example, do more posts from those BTS threads get reported than they do from the Aespa threads?

I'm sure there's more going on behind the curtain than we can take into account.

this can apply for threads that are only starting and as a result the hate can only be seen if its reported, but from the examples in OPs thread post i think they are also talking about the threads that go on for 15+ pages with no action being taken or being slow to occur.

i will say i think that the mods are doing a pretty good job overall though :pepepizza:

LAFBL0s.gif

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

Edited once, last by bobsyouruncle ().

• I have been on this site for 5 years, and there are always accusations of bias with mods.

I do agree that when certain rules and regulations are left vague that opens the door for biased moderation, but there is a thin line to how much you can moderate some comments. What may be crossing the line for one mod may not be as egregious to another.

I don't know if there is a solution without going too far in the other direction of over-moderating.

That's all I have to say. Since I am not part of any of those fandoms you mentioned, I can't give a 1st person opinion.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• I do think there is an over sensitivity when armys get involved. Fandoms can lash at each other all day long, no big deal, but when things involve BTS even barely, then shit hits the fan.

shit-gonna.gif

My one and only thread that ever got closed by a moderator was because a few armys didn't like it and reported it. Which I don't mind, everyone is free to report whatever they want. But the fact a mod agreed with the reports and closed it was the biggest joke I ever experienced on AKP. Made me cancel my AKP subscription on the spot and I never renewed it since then. (I purchased some arkons for LE badges though so I'm not that mad anymore)

And obviously it's hard not to see a bias when half the mods display BTS aesthetics all over their profiles.

NOW WITH THAT BEING SAID. I don't think things are that bad.

For the most part, mods are pretty chill. And I don't think Ves deserves to be called biased or unfair.

• Then we should get a few more mods that are part of other fandoms?

Would that work though? Last forum had quite a diverse spread and it went to shaite.

Cause they were always fighting (trust me, I know shit)

from my own observation the biggest dip in moderation is during the busiest times for European users, I think that's an idea to think about.

• its impossible for them to not be biased if they're army though, at the end of the day they're still human. i'm not personally calling out any of them here so i hope they don't take any of this offensively :pepe-notes:

this can apply for threads that are only starting and as a result the hate can only be seen if its reported, but from the examples in OPs thread post i think they are also talking about the threads that go on for 15+ pages with no action being taken or being slow to occur

hmm, that makes sense as well.

So if a thread is 15 pages long or whatever...

Unless the mod goes through all the thread they wouldn't know if the one that got reported was instigated into it.

For example: I swear at user A, user B swears at me. I'm at fault here no? But what if user B saw this an hour or so in the thread and 3 pages more. Then I report them.

That's why I don't really see a solution for this. Because humans are shaite. Especially in forums where they can be anonymous.

• Moderating is hard. I was a moderator on a forum site a while ago for only a short period of time and it was very stressful due to the high traffic on the website. It is a highly criticized job and thankless.

However, I do notice that moderators tend to allow threads to get out of hand. Some people get shut down, even banned, super quickly. However some are allowed to become "dumpster fires". But nothing is ever done to prevent these things from happening because the only ones that are actually shut down are obvious alts or trolls. If you're a regular user making a bait thread, it is allowed to get out of hand (and I'm not referring to posts of people joking, I mean people actually arguing and being toxic).

It makes it harder for new users such as myself to get comfortable on the website, and may make it difficult for regulars to continue to want to participate when toxic users aren't moderators. Honestly, more boundaries need to be made clear to users as to what is and isn't okay to say/do.

• moderation has definitely relaxed/ gotten better since then lmao :cryingr:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• If you are going to talk about them please tag them: ZestyMochi and fortuna

And to revert back on the topic at hand.

Have any of you who have posted here reported Dreamer for his posts?

Or do you expect them to check out each and every thread there?

I wanted Fortuna to reply here first before replying myself but since you have raised the questions, I'll just get on.

I am 99% sure none of the users complaining here reported any of the Dreamer's posts (which is very much visible since they are not answering your question lol). In fact I think people are taking offense over the user who was being talked down by Dreamer for nothing and I'm sure she didn't have any problem about Dreamer derailing that thread with the way that thread went afterwards. It looks like people were just talking about anything in that thread. Because the truth is dreamer was the one being "exposed" in that thread as the thread went on.

Anyways if anyone, literally ANYONE, had any problem with anything being posted in that thread then you should just report it. But people don't actually do that. People don't want to do the bare minimum but complain when things don't go the way they expect them to.

Now about that aespa thread by Bob : I was the one who reported that thread as soon as I saw that derailing post. Because it was very much visible that it was gonna derail for thread from it's original topic. I just used the common sense which most on the forum don't want to use which is to report something you feel is not appropriate for a particular thread. Not just wait and watch.

When threads get reported and they come moderators notice they take actions asap. But we have to keep in mind that not everyone is online all the time just because you are.

• I do think we need more mods and I know that some don't agree, but it's true. We really only have three forum mods right now for what it seems.

I don't think it's so much fandom bias when it comes to stopping thing, but fandom bias when it comes to *seeing* things. If you only have a limited amount of time to browse the forum, you're naturally going to go into the threads about groups that you're interested in and that allows them to see more issues. I also think that's part of the reason why superyeah, Ibby and Ves (even though those too aren't mods) feels more integrated into the community by more people because we see them in more places, interacting with more people.

As for reporting, I personally don't report things unless it's very obviously bad because so much fighting happens without intervention that it's tough to tell what's permitted and what's not so I just block the people who seem to cause the most fights and tend to dip out of threads getting heated just because it's easier on my personal enjoyment levels. :pepe-shrug:

• I honestly didn't even see that thread. And usually Dreamer is the one getting dragged but painted as the bad guy cause he tends to respond quite badly.

• There's only one thread (I only know one) that's related to Aespa's UN speech and that had to be in the dumspter files. And the thread where Aespa was getting bashed left and right for 20+ pages, mods tried to ignore. Interestingly enough, the ones who started the drama on those threads were ARMYs. There's much more I want to say, but I'll rest my case here.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• I do think we need more mods and I know that some don't agree, but it's true. We really only have three forum mods right now for what it seems.

I don't think it's so much fandom bias when it comes to stopping thing, but fandom bias when it comes to *seeing* things. If you only have a limited amount of time to browse the forum, you're naturally going to go into the threads about groups that you're interested in and that allows them to see more issues. I also think that's part of the reason why superyeah, Ibby and Ves (even though those too aren't mods) feels more integrated into the community by more people because we see them in more places, interacting with more people.

As for reporting, I personally don't report things unless it's very obviously bad because so much fighting happens without intervention that it's tough to tell what's permitted and what's not so I just block the people who seem to cause the most fights and tend to dip out of threads getting heated just because it's easier on my personal enjoyment levels. :pepe-shrug:

The way I hit that unsubscribe button so fast.

8-Email-Lists-to-Unsubscribe-From-Immediately-Man-Repeller-GIF2.gif

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• There's only one thread (I only know one) that's related to Aespa's UN speech and that had to be in the dumspter files. And the thread where Aespa was getting bashed left and right for 20+ pages, mods tried to ignore. Interestingly enough, the ones who started the drama on those threads were ARMYs. There's much more I want to say, but I'll rest my case here.

link the thread mate for starters?

I am actually curious.

But if it's true that Army started the bashing and it was ignored, then we do have a problem.

I doubt it though

• I dont think you should victimize him considering he went out of his way to come fight me on my wall after his thread got closed. The reason dreamer got banned is because of his weird internet stalker behavior, almost obsessively arguing with me on my wall. He isnt a victim of anything

never said he's a victim. He just gets attacked first then becomes a psycho...

• I also think that's part of the reason why superyeah, Ibby and Ves (even though those too aren't mods) feels more integrated into the community by more people because we see them in more places, interacting with more people.

I think it's a major problem about moderation here, I also mentioned it, but there's too much distance between moderators and users I think.

• This thread contains 52 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!