The staff was found to be lying lmaoo[BANGTAN COIN INCIDENT- PANN]

• BANGTAN COIN SITUATION

1. Kim Seokjin and Kim Namjoon had a Vlive some days ago

2. I'm not sure about the details, but an employee passed them a cream cake and a not so tasty sandwich

3. Those 2 started frowning when eating it and made it obvious that they didn't like it. Of course, they put in ingredients that they didn't like. (Both Seokjin and Namjoon said they hate avocado. Namjoon took a bite and put it down and Seokjin barely touched it. The most important part is that Seokjin hates cream about a dozen time but they still got him a cream cake)

4. Later on, it was found out that the sandwich that HYBE's employee got was from one of their acquaintance that runs a dessert place, and they used Bangtan's fame to bring awareness to their shop (later on, they released an apology and said they had nothing to do with the HYBE employee..????)

5. They released 'Bangtan coin' on their IG story alluding to only seeing BTS as money and spat those words without hesitation and even laughed about it.

image.png
    Plate D: "ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋBangtan coin"
    Wow_Woojae: "Is that the Bangtan coin I've heard of?"

6. Of course Army who saw this couldn't hold back their anger

7. So they released an apology

image.png
    "Hello this is Plate D.
    First of all, we apologize for releasing this post so late.
    Regarding regramming our acquaintance's story with "Bangtan coin", we wanted to let you know that we released it without the intention that Army thought we had.

We were really happy that the BTS members ate our shop's food deliciously and using the word 'coin' was implied in a positive way. We never thought that Army would receive this so negatively.

Furthermore, I'm also a fan of BTS. I never intended to use them in a negative manner, and I couldn't judge that the term 'Bangtan coin' would be viewed negatively by Army. I was short-sighted. Sorry.
    I apologize to all Army who felt uncomfortable through my words.

Plate D will make their effort to become more careful in the future. I apologize again."

That's how they released their apology...
    However, last time, when Hobie was doing his Vlive, they also got the cake from that shop
    They said that they had no relationship with HYBE's employee, so you're telling me that employee must like that shop's food like crazy f*ck?
    It takes more than 1 hour trip to get the cake

image.png

'Hello this is Plate D.
    I released the apology hastily and there were a lot of Armys who raised suspicions and complaints about some parts of my apology, I felt like there were some unresolved issues. There were parts that many have pointed out that were faulty and embarrassing that I couldn't realize when I released the post.
    I couldn't keep private life and public life separate and I wrote some thoughtless words that were problematic. I acknowledge this.
    And I'm sincerely apologizing.
    I thank Army for being able to redirect me towards the rightful path through the criticism.
    Plate D will make an effort to always use every word carefully and become more humble in the future.

Moreover, I would like to give some clarity on the fact that many people have been raising doubt about 'the acquaintance promoting that shop'. Plate D's agency has no close connections to that agency nor anyone who belongs to the agency. Once again, we've never given sponsorship or ad deals.

We just did as we always did with all customers which is receiving a take out order and preparing the menu with the ingredients we have.
    We only found out about [the BTS members putting an order] through an acquaintance who was running our shop's business that they have eaten our food.
    However, we take the blame over the fact that the BTS members couldn't enjoy our food properly and that many Army have felt uncomfortable through us.
    We will work hard to improve our 'taste' that was lacking.

We apologize once again and thank you for all the criticisms.
    Sorry and thank you.

post response:
    [+1,389][-19]
    original post: here

1. [+691, -3]
    You can clearly tell what those employees think of BTS. And looks like there are still sh*tty employees working at HYBE too

2. [+606, -2]
    Those f*cking Bighit employees it's not the first or secondtime... Please manage your employees a bit

3. [+551, -7]
    That shop should at least release an apology. That Hybe f*cker employee released that 'coin' word in his private account

4. [+324, -0]
    That shop said that the HYBE employee isn't an acquaintance of the shop and it's a f*cking lie. That sandwich shop is in Nonhyeon/Gangnam. If you take the care it'll take about 40 minutes to go so a round trip will be way more than 1 hour. There's a bunch of dessert places at Yongsan, must then go to a shop that's not even opened yet in Gangnam to buy a sandwich and a cake? They even got Hobie's cake in that shop tooㅇㅇ They took a screenshot of BTS during their Vlive to promote the shop and they went ahead and wrote that Bangtan coin bullsh*t. Bagntan never releases any of the brands they're using on their self-content and would put a sticker on them, but this time, you could even see the way they placed the packaging with the names clearly written on them. And the members even read out the menuㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Do you think we're fools?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+301, -3]
    That Vlive was seriously unpleasant. Let alone the fact that they had the shop's goods and sandwich, it just felt like an ad. Bangtan isn't at this level anymore

6. [+284, -0]
    Why would they give kids who hate cream and avocado a peach cream cake and an avocado sandwich? It was f*cking dumbfounding. Even the fans all know this, so you're gonna tell me that a team who is stuck with them 24h/day isn't aware? The kids were so hungry but they only took a few bites

HYBE STAFF WAS FOUND LYING:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

638e00a6ef5a3336174dd7d7b4c14680.gif

Edited once, last by BRIYANI ().

• BRIYANI

Changed the title of the thread from “I feel so bad for BTS, leeches surrounding them everywhere” to “I feel so bad for BTS, they're surrounded by leeches everywhere. [BANGTAN COIN INCIDENT-pann]”.
  • I wasn't aware of that... I really hope Hybe straightens things out wih the employees, it's pretty obvious that they knew what they were doing.

They should have least have chosen a sandwich the guys would like, wtf :pepepizza:

• We were really happy that the BTS members ate our shop's food deliciously
    seriously???
    RM really said he really hate avocado

Yes, this is the reaction of someone who ate it deliciously

• Whoever gave them that should be fired on the spot! He was not only using them, but disrespected them by giving them food they don't like. I know K-ARMY won't let us down, and will give them hell. BTS coin, nah, not for you greedy creeps!!! Get your **** togheter BitHit, this is embarassing!

• So basically cloutchasing by giving them stuff they dislike and captioning it bangtan coin with laughing symbols. Idk if its straight up disrespectful or plain stupidy. Like in what way did they think any part of this was gonna work in their favor?

:sweatr1:

The audacity to say they ate it deliciously like?? And then going on to boast about the “bangtan coin” that’s gg to come in your way? Like hire BTS to promote your unopened bakery, instead of shamelessly using them.

• Whoever gave them that should be fired on the spot! He was not only using them, but disrespected them by giving them food they don't like. I know K-ARMY won't let us down, and will give them hell. BTS coin, nah, not for you greedy creeps!!! Get your **** togheter BitHit, this is embarassing!

Giving them food they dislike by accident it’s fine, not a grave mistake but based on the circumstances of the incident it is clear that the purpose was only to promote the bakery. Went 1 hr away to buy food for BTS atleast buy something they like lol.

• I haven't watched the vlive so I don't really know how it was all presented, but by reading the news it's such a dumb idea... they dissed the food all the time so it's not even like people are going because the food is great? and the way the talk about the celebrity after it's just such a failed atempt of advertising for everybody involved lol

I'm most curious as to how this even came to be? Like, BTS doesn't go advertising unless it's a contract or their personal use, so how come this situation even happened. Kinda reminds me of that video where BP is having coffee/tea and jennie make the weirdest face having her drink (its funny lol) so maybe this a thing in idol world and I didn't know... like having treats/food without a contract so no obligation to promote it in a positive way, just to use it

Edit: I was watching and wtf? How come Namjoon didn't know if it was an ad or not lmao At least we know Namjin would be terrible influencers

• Tbh i don't know the situation, but if the accusations are true then this is so disrespectful towards them. They could have a sick stomach bc of this shit and like ??? Are they crazy??

If they didn't like the food the staff could go find another food for them. This is stressful :pepenomad: and it needs to be investigated bc things like this are a BIG NO and the boys shouldn't be the experiment for shit food or food they don't like just bc people are greedy.

F everyone who made this situation happen and i wish the boys are better treated!

• Giving them food they dislike by accident it’s fine, not a grave mistake but based on the circumstances of the incident it is clear that the purpose was only to promote the bakery. Went 1 hr away to buy food for BTS atleast buy something they like lol.

This was no accident, the staff just doesn't care! I'm sad and angry that Jin and RM had to eat that, but on the other hand, it's so funny how wrong it went for that staff and bakery, lmao they did everything wrong and now have millions of angry ARMYs to deal with :angryr:

• I feel like everyone is exaggerating, let’s be clear everyone who signs bts as endorsers see them as just Bangtan coins.. even IF they like them. Y’all don’t think BTS knows this.

They’re unprofessional for making that post in their offical brand page. Should of been just private text.

Edit: nvm I skipped the employee part, drag their ass. They should at least get them something they like.

• Sometimes I feel like BTS trust their staffs too much and are too nice of people so they get taken advantages of so often. This is not the first time BH staffs acted problematic and not the last I fear.

ps; Not @ y'all slander towards avocado. I LOVE them so much. BTS don't hate me :zipr:

• Wow. I thought it'd be about some comedic situation, but it's actually a serious issue.. Honestly it's not really that much surprising that employees having some sort of deals with someone to promote stuff through BTS (the backside of fans digging in and searching like certified FBI agents legit any micro detail about BTS even if it's blurred), but how anyone in their right mind can openly put smth like "Bangtant coin kekeke" on their public acc when they're dealing with such fandom and actually want to sell smth to that fandom?... Also if u want to promote your buddy's stuff via idols at least try to get smth these idols like.. Tf was that even...

• I usually dont comment on these kind of situations but this event is straight up MALICE. It's concerning and I'll tell you why.

1. They didn't ask BTS permission, instead they slyly used them. It's one thing to do something as a favor, but it's another to be tricked and used. That feeling is incredibly dirty.

2. It's easy to just buy something BTS would like, but they specifically buy something that both the members have explicitly said they dislike. If someone know I hate something yet still give it to me, I take that as an attack. In this case, this staff really want to screw BTS over by specifically give them something they hate to eat on broadcast.

3. They call BTS as "coins" on Instagram and mocked them. It show they want to dehumanize BTS down to a cashcow and then mock them.

This combination of action show that this event was stemmed from malice, hate, maybe even jealousy and envy. If this staff just want to promote their friend's bakery, there is a better, but they chose the worst way. It show they look down on BTS. Maybe they're envious that BTS is so famous and rich, so they take it out on them by treating them like this. Such a bunch of DB, and now they playing the victims. And they did all of this on broadcast too. The audacity!! It show that they see nothing wrong with treating people this way, so they got bold and do it on broadcast.

If bts was not famous, and just normal workers and this happened at the workplace, this is called bullying. I'm disgusted at the staff working with BTS. Not everyone like their job, but to have obvious hate toward the people you working for is so toxic. Quit and find another job. Don't bring that toxicity to work and attack people with it. This situation make me livid, not just because it happened to BTS, but it's straight up disgusting behavior to do to anyone.

• It might've been a low level employee that they sent out to get food or like somebody who's cousin owned the shop. It's not always possible to vet for shady characters in the interview process so you might accidentally hire one or two. I've definitely seen that happen- someone seems perfectly normal and a great candidate but then they get the job and you're like, "wtf?! How are you such a nightmare?!"

Hopefully this person is reprimanded.

• Honestly Hybe needs to be stricter on who they employ.

This.

staff making bts promote their acquaintances' brand without their permission (2nd time), choosing foods the boys have repeatedly said to dislike (staff know these things) & the brand being disrespectful af..

Hybe needs to step it up & hire more competent staff for their biggest act. This isn't it.

• If you want someone like BTS to promote your products, you better cough up that cash or at least ask for their permission instead of shadily sneaking the food into their Vlives like that.

Also, the least you could do is get them something they actually like. The fact this Hybe staff went of their way to get Namjoon and Jin food containing ingredients they BOTH hate shows you’re either a super new hire, dumb or straight up malicious.

• I haven't watched the vlive so I don't really know how it was all presented, but by reading the news it's such a dumb idea... they dissed the food all the time so it's not even like people are going because the food is great? and the way the talk about the celebrity after it's just such a failed atempt of advertising for everybody involved lol

I'm most curious as to how this even came to be? Like, BTS doesn't go advertising unless it's a contract or their personal use, so how come this situation even happened. Kinda reminds me of that video where BP is having coffee/tea and jennie make the weirdest face having her drink (its funny lol) so maybe this a thing in idol world and I didn't know... like having treats/food without a contract so no obligation to promote it in a positive way, just to use it

Edit: I was watching and wtf? How come Namjoon didn't know if it was an ad or not lmao At least we know Namjin would be terrible influencers

Of course, BTS also do covert or placed ads like other celebrities. They also do things like naming certain products, wearing their clothes, eating or drinking their food. Like Kaws tweets or praising the airlines they fly because they sponsoring them. In this vlive, eating foods they don't like and even showing them towards the cameras gave the air of an advertisement. The problem here is that they are deliberately brought food they don't like, the owner openly sees them as money cows and they make fun of it among themselves. Even this video alone simply shows that BTS cannot control everything around them.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Of course, BTS also do covert or placed ads like other celebrities. They also do things like naming certain products, wearing their clothes, eating or drinking their food. Like Kaws tweets or praising the airlines they fly because they sponsoring them. In this vlive, eating foods they don't like and even showing them towards the cameras gave the air of an advertisement. The problem here is that they are deliberately brought food they don't like, the owner openly sees them as money cows and they make fun of it among themselves. Even this video alone simply shows that BTS cannot control everything around them.

I actually never got the impression they did advertising for KAWS, but simply already liked the design/products and are now buddies and kaws send them things to promote idk how to word it better, but it's different from being actively paid to try something that you don't use. The thing is when they do ads is quite explicit, like when they made that HYBE coffee shop vlive, this in the beginning they said word for word that was not an ad so it got me confused.

• I actually never got the impression they did advertising for KAWS, but simply already liked the design/products and are now buddies and kaws send them things to promote idk how to word it better, but it's different from being actively paid to try something that you don't use. The thing is when they do ads is quite explicit, like when they made that HYBE coffee shop vlive, this in the beginning they said word for word that was not an ad so it got me confused.

Idols and companies don't share every deal they make with us. For example, we have no idea what happened in the Coca Cola commercial. Jungkook sang the song, it was used in a country and it was not promoted at all. It is very clear that many of the clothes they wear are promotional and they do not specifically mention this, but they do. If they're posting things like KAWS on the group's official Twitter account, you can be sure there's advertising behind it. Covered or placed advertising, that's what it means.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• I actually never got the impression they did advertising for KAWS, but simply already liked the design/products and are now buddies and kaws send them things to promote idk how to word it better, but it's different from being actively paid to try something that you don't use. The thing is when they do ads is quite explicit, like when they made that HYBE coffee shop vlive, this in the beginning they said word for word that was not an ad so it got me confused.

This particular vid definitely was not intentional , but the boys were used by the leeches to promote the sandwich. It’s just very distasteful situation, using BTS like this esp with something they dislike

Namjoon probably didn’t know they would used like this to promote someone. He probably thought the staff just bought them dinner to eat with no ill intentions.

• I 10000% agree with you.

• BRIYANI

Selected a post as the best answer.
  • BRIYANI

Changed the title of the thread from “I feel so bad for BTS, they're surrounded by leeches everywhere. [BANGTAN COIN INCIDENT-pann]” to “[Updates]I feel so bad for BTS, they're surrounded by leeches everywhere. [BANGTAN COIN INCIDENT-pann]”.
  • This thread contains 24 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!