RE : Still Life surpasses Yet to Come on MelOn 24 hits

• People are not vibing with the song obviously otherwise it won't be out of melon top5 already. Also anticipation was less. This is rather unstable for a bts song. Before they had like zero sk promos and used to pull in bigger uls and way better stability.

But it can rise with music show promos. Who knows?

OP

|!¤*'~``~'*¤!| |!¤*'~``~'*¤!|

GVawuNkW4AA8o5J?format=jpg&name=large 2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv GVawuNlWMAAWjfX?format=jpg&name=large 2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv GVawuNlXUAAexUJ?format=jpg&name=large

• unsurprising, not even armys seem to really like the song or at least it's very polarising

it has more dislikes than Butter and Permission to dance on Youtube already, that's kinda crazy. People really were disappointed.

had to install the addon to see dislikes. i'm honestly shocked it has so much :wow:

permission to dance with 500m views has 305k dislikes

and

yet to come with only 77m views has 682k :wow:

i'm shocked because i like the song

maybe they wanted a banger because it's summer

• I was also shocked to see the dislikes. PTD had much more negative reaction than YTC but how this one has soo many dislikes already

• I was also shocked to see the dislikes. PTD had much more negative reaction than YTC but how this one has soo many dislikes already

like i said maybe they expected an upbeat song after life goes on that was a slower song? maybe they expected a summer badger? i think that's probably that because run bts is doing great

i'm honestly shocked

• Is English vs. Korean a factor? I-fans don't like that they reverted to Korean?

YTC is lyrically far better than the English songs, maybe large section is expecting BTS to keep serving McD's, that they can't process some good Korean Banchan.

• Is English vs. Korean a factor? I-fans don't like that they reverted to Korean?

In Korea too dynamite and butter did very well especially the former is one of the top most hits ever. Much better than their recent Korean title like life goes on. Even ptd did better iirc. So it's not only ifans. But ytc will most probably do better later in the week in sk

GVawuNkW4AA8o5J?format=jpg&name=large 2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv GVawuNlWMAAWjfX?format=jpg&name=large 2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv GVawuNlXUAAexUJ?format=jpg&name=large

• In Korea too dynamite and butter did very well especially the former is one of the top most hits ever. Much better than their recent Korean title like life goes on. Even ptd did better iirc. So it's not only ifans. But ytc will most probably do better later in the week in sk

Right. sorry missed that this is about melon, so K-fans.

And K-fans rejecting Korean compared to English, would be weird, so language shouldn't be a factor.

• I wasnt even aware it was possible to check out dislikes

Living and learning :pepe-life-support:

HUNTER X HUNTER COMEBACK 10.07!

img.gif

• This is truly shocking.

Maybe people feel more comfortable giving dislikes after they disappeared?

Or more likely their English singles brought in a huge number of people that have come to expect that type of sound from them. Meanwhile ytc is massively different from those songs in every aspect so people are really not vibing with it to the point they're actively disliking it?

Damn I can't believe it's getting more dislikes than ptd at a fraction of the views💀

A good number of armys and kpop fans are very vocal about hating ptd but the reality is that it's actually well liked especially by casuals.

• Both songs are bland, I only listened to them once. I think BB is doing better just coz it is their comeback after many years of hiatus

Still Life also came out in early April. It suits the spring vibe, but a lot of people are starting to want summer bangers now.

I think seasonality might have something to do with it.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• It might not even be the song itself. Or not just the song.

Many were genuinely angry when Proof was announced instead of the new album people were expecting. I was (and still am) disappointed too.

• People are not vibing with the song obviously otherwise it won't be out of melon top5 already. Also anticipation was less. This is rather unstable for a bts song. Before they had like zero sk promos and used to pull in bigger uls and way better stability.

But it can rise with music show promos. Who knows?

OP

Is BTS going to perform at music shows this comeback? I would be really anxious to see it if so. I started listening to kpop in 2020 so I haven't seen them perform on any of the shows yet. :cheer-bunny:

• In Korea too dynamite and butter did very well especially the former is one of the top most hits ever. Much better than their recent Korean title like life goes on. Even ptd did better iirc. So it's not only ifans. But ytc will most probably do better later in the week in sk

While their english songs are mid and very commercialized they are still meant for the public to consume and charting. It's easy listening and catchy.

Then they have korean ballads still mid and no replay value for most people except hardcore fans who wants nostalgia, which is why LGO kinda underperformed and YTC flopped. Both of these songs are not Spring Day or TT material especially the latter, so it's not really surprising.

Plus, majority of BTS' listeners are still casual fans or casual listeners. They still have to answer to those people. Otherwise, all their songs would be like Dynamite or Butter level. However, with this Anthology album, HYBE and the group released it for their armys so they didn't do much effort with this. I'm disappointed with this album too like the other fans. So, I can relate lol.

Still waiting for their proper album. Maybe they'll release it at the end of the year before Jin enlists or early next year. Who knows. We still don't know what they have in plans. I'm sure they have a ton of big projects that are pending rn due to uncertainties in military. Like, the snoop dogg collab which is basically confirmed, the Nike deal they haven't announced yet and etc. All of this falls with their usual cb. Like what they did to dynamite promotions and butter.

Which is why I'm staying silent this time while waiting for them to unveil their real moves. I already saw many people saying they are declining, but didn't acknowledge the fact that this is a compilation album like their 'BEST of' in Japan. And not their usual cb. Even if they underperforms, they only need to release another hit and everyone will be silent again per usual.

• Because kpop fan spaces are an echo chamber. Majority of people are simply just listening or vibing to the songs they liked. Plus, BTS has a ton of casual fans or listeners. Not everyone is on stan twt, allkpop, pannchoa or reddit. Lol

• its time to do damage control. I didn't expect a korean song to not even be in top 5 melon. Hybe needs to release an english bts single asap.

It's not the language. It's the beat or the song itself. BWL is one of their biggest hit in SK and it's in Korean. People just expected a more memorable song from them. Imagine, bp releasing a ballad & mid song like BTS after not releasing music for a long time. Ofcourse, people would be pissed. Especially for top groups like them.

• Is BTS going to perform at music shows this comeback? I would be really anxious to see it if so. I started listening to kpop in 2020 so I haven't seen them perform on any of the shows yet. :cheer-bunny:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• tomboy topped them at one point in the 24 hours chart

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

i just don't think people vibe with this comeback as much or were expecting a different kind of song? (no idea why when everything has led us to believe that it was going to be a nostalgia song):pepe-magnify: or maybe other songs in the charts are better :pepemusic:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• i refuse to believe this :pepe-back-away:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• PTD is panned by kpop stans but most probably the rest enjoy it seeing its streams and kcharting. It did well in japan too? Interesting choices from casuals.......

• External Content twitter.com

oooooo how exciting!!!! I will be waiting patiently hehe :lover3:

• You can still be a fan and not like a song. Idk why armys like you don't understand that these two things can co-exists. Not every fan has a blind devotion towards BTS.

You don't read many of my posts if you think I ever said that. Of course you can be a fan and not like a song, but are you really trying to tell me its ARMY hitting the dislike button?

• Maybe people feel more comfortable giving dislikes after they disappeared?

not really. In fact from what I've seen most users on YouTube stopped bothering about giving a dislike on a video, because it has no effect. The dislike rate has decreased for most newly uploaded YouTube videos.

I think it's either people genuinely dislike the song or they are mad that YTC is the title track instead of Run BTS.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

27dbe724372b809813a823b7367393edb58cad57.gifv

• it's the opposite, people don't dislike as much as before because the number isn't publically visible lol

It's the song, they don't like the song. Which is obvious, number of views tells us everything

I wonder would people who disliked the song change their minds after the into we got today

• This thread contains 21 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!