Yet to come is low-key hypocritical (the best moment review)

• Yes it's a bit hypocritical to talk about how awards/trophies don't matter to them when just few months ago they were campaigning HARD for the past 2 years or something for a Grammy.

I kinda get the message tho

But what are BTS dreams/hopes if not mind u in their own words... A GRAMMY ?

I don't doubt they haven't changed as they say but the awards lyrics are contradictory lol

As for the actual song, it's not bad at all,it's totally listenable However imo it's their least memorable ballad & also has the lowest replay value like I don't even remember the melody despite listening to it twice

It won't make any waves globally

It's clear BTS have lost their creative juice cause their output concept since persona in 2019 has been NOSTALGIA.

it's all samey samey tbh

BTS themselves can't seem to move on from their past(definitely better) releases.

6/10.

• BTS has come out with like 230 songs in less than 10 years.

That's a FUCKTON of songs, i dont think even 50 year old groups have that many songs in their discography. Back in the day, most acts came out with like 12 songs every 3 years. Even if they lasted 50 years, that would only be 200 songs. And BTS has done more than that in under 10 years.

Where else can BTS go musically? They've done pop, EDM, hip hop, rap, and retro/disco. There really isnt a place that they can go musically, unless they do what i've been screaming for a Kpop band to do and that is to go full on 80s hair metal arena rock. Or the Korean equivalent of country music? Jazz?

The problem is compounded by the artificial barriers to their lyrics. This isnt a BTS only problem of course, all Kpop lyrics are neutered to extreme levels so as to avoid offending both Korean and IFAN sensibilities. The whole world has become so damn touchy and sensitive, just waiting to pounce and cancel anyone for literally anything.

So if they've already exhausted their musical concepts and can't ever go beyond the Kpop confines in terms of their lyrics, where can they go?

• It's ridiculous to say you don't care about awards and whatnot especially when you're at the top and it feels a bit like a slap on the face at all the struggling groups and artists who could only dream of such things ?(

But talking abt the struggle as a musician to keep coming up with stuff that have to be seen as something "fresh" or to have to let go of doing music u would personally like more to fit into the trends is something relatable and understandable..

• What the hell are you guys talking about?

Where are they dissing awards and saying they don't matter to them?

[Intro: Jung Kook, Jimin, V, Jin]

Was it honestly the best?

‘Cause I just wanna see the next

Diligently passing through

All our yesterdays so beautifully

Yeah, the past was honestly the best

But my best is what comes next

I’m not playin’, nah for sure

Heading towards the day ’till I get winded

You and I, best moment is yet to come

Moment is yet to come, yeah

[Verse 1: V, Jung Kook]

Not sure since when

But they say we’re the best

Full of these unfamiliar names

Now they just feel heavy

We just loved music

We’re just running forward

Promise that we’ll keep on comin’ back for more

[Pre-Chorus: Jin, Jung Kook]

Somewhere deep inside your heart

There still lives a young boy

My-y-y-y moment is yet to come

Yet to come

[Chorus: SUGA, V, j-hope, Jin, *RM*, **Jimin**]

Uh, do you have a dream, what’s at the end of that path?

Moment is yet to come, yeah

Uh, in the hush of night, we won’t stop moving

Yet to come

*Uh, we gonna touch the sky, ‘fore the day we die*

**Moment is yet to come, yeah**

*Uh, this is only the beginning, the best yet to come*

[Verse 2: SUGA, RM]

That uncomfortable title we were given one day

We are still abashed by being called the best

You know, I, I just love music

Nothing much has changed from back then

If nothing much has changed, probably

You’ll say it’s all a lie, yeah

There were a lot of changes but

I’m still the same, a new chapter

Every moment is my new best

Like I’m thirteen years old again

• he is saying because he did not have any other complains. we all know he is actually a hardcore army. :yesr::yesr:

• We ain't about it

Crowns and flowers, countless trophies

We ain't about it

:pepewhat:

• And how is this dissing? :pepewhat:

They did not say that awards are shit, just that it's not their focus.

No one even said that they said awards are shit or that they're "dissing" anything u went from 0 to 100 :pepe-life-support:

But they clearly are about them. And they should be, nothing wrong with that lol

He is just salty that BlackPink are hypocrites calling themselves singers, when they are just Instagram and magazine models.

Ah..i see lmaooo

• We ain't about it

Crowns and flowers, countless trophies

We ain't about it

:pepewhat:

And where is the diss? Has it ever occurred to you that maybe that's not the most important thing for them in the end? They've proven us so many times just how much they love being on stage and performing.

Also, are they not allowed to have their dreams and goals, even if one one them includes a Grammy?

If they were so money and fame hungry as you all claim, they'd have disbanded long ago with their pockets full.

• Oh well. Not everyone could understand meaningful lyrics.

Next, What do you think of Run BTS?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• And where is the diss? Has it ever occurred to you that maybe that's not the most important thing for them in the end? They've proven us so many times just how much they love being on stage and performing.

Also, are they not allowed to have their dreams and goals, even if one one them includes a Grammy?

If they were so money and fame hungry as you all claim, they'd have disbanded long ago with their pockets full.

Y'all focus on your faves, keep buying magazines and scrolling Instagram if BTS'artistry is too much for some of you to handle.

Are u okay? lol

Why are u getting so heated?

The condescending "yall dumb as hell for not understanding true artistry, only we can do it" is ridiculous.

They're one of the top artists in the world, people will listen to their song, read their lyrics and make their own interpretions abt it. You can have a discussion abt it and u can tell someone what your opinion on it is without resorting to personal attacks or coming for other artists because...a person with an opinion on them happens to stan them lol

• Wdym lol i mean they care about awards and trophies and there's nothing wrong with that

Anyway, i'm not trying to drag BTS or their character, i gave my opinion on what i understood from the lyrics and how it felt like to me. That's it.

For you and others:

With all due respect, those of you who believe this them saying they don't want awards are missing the point.

They are happy to win awards, they dream about some of them and thank the fans for each and every one. But even when they don't, they comfort the fans who are likely more upset than they are and ask them to continue to believe in them, that they will go on together and be fine even without that award. They're not giving up in the absence of them.

This is what this lyric means IMO - saying they are more than just awards. They aren't doing this for awards - they are doing it for their love of music - they are in it for that.

• Because i hate words being put on my mouth, not directed to u specifically, i never said they ONLY care about awards. I'm not a fan to know what armys are worried about or anything of the sort, what i got from the lyrics is what i said on the first page, and i did find the lyrics hypocritical based on my understanding of them.

So anyway, thank you for the explanation, i always have an open mind when talking about something and im willing to understand more.

• Are u okay? lol

The condescending "yall dumb as hell for not understanding true artistry, only we can do it" is ridiculous.

They're one of the top artists in the world, people will listen to their song, read their lyrics and make their own interpretions abt it. You can have a discussion abt it and u can tell someone what your opinion on it is without resorting to personal attacks or coming for other artists because...a person with an opinion on them happens to stan them lol

I think ARMY is getting heated because this is a very very meaningful song for them and now it is being used by OP and others who agree to call them hypocrites.

• Because i hate words being put on my mouth, not directed to u specifically, i never said they ONLY care about awards. I'm not a fan to know what armys are worried about or anything of the sort, what i got from the lyrics is what i said on the first page, and i did find the lyrics hypocritical based on my understanding of them.

So anyway, thank you for the explanation, i always have an open mind when talking about something and im willing to understand more.

Please read my response above. I agree there are ways to talk about this without getting angry, but with a song like this - it's very close to ARMYs and BTS hearts. Suga said this song was for them himself. As you can tell I didn't even get what you all were talking about because I never saw it that way. And to try to turn it around to take a swipe at BTS is triggering.

• Are u okay? lol

Sorry, most of my post wasn't directed to you, mostly to hardy. Also, what personal attacks you're talking about?

Don't know if you're familiar with OP or not but they're the furthest thing from a stan.

• The block button looks seriously attractive today

• Please read my response above. I agree there are ways to talk about this without getting angry, but with a song like this - it's very close to ARMYs and BTS hearts. Suga said this song was for them himself. As you can tell I didn't even get what you all were talking about because I never saw it that way. And to try to turn it around to take a swipe at BTS is triggering.

I read it. I understand where it's coming from and how you guys see it, but people are free to express their opinions on stuff regardless.

If the way to reply to this later on is a hurr durr you're stupid tho, then i don't know what else to say.

• . . . honestly I kinda blame some former army and kpoppies for this because they kinda forced bts to this . . . ngl

//I will probably need more time to think about this

"Out of all the languages he could've spoken, He chose to speak facts"

• also get ratioed by ASAP Rocky

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"Out of all the languages he could've spoken, He chose to speak facts"

• I read it. I understand where it's coming from and how you guys see it, but people are free to express their opinions on stuff regardless.

If the way to reply to this later on is a hurr durr you're stupid tho, then i don't know what else to say.

moonlightelle did amend their statement that it was meant mostly for Hardy. I don't agree with dragging of other groups either but instigating it vs reacting are very different things.

There are many ways this could have been said that would have illicited better responses such as questioning the meaning instead of outright just calling them hypocrites and dumping on them. If you are going to post, expect that you may get a reaction*, and whether or not it is polite won't be a factor. And if you are going to post like I described. Well then.

*This goes for ARMY too.

• This thread contains 118 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!