A Suho Stan Reviews Exo's Don't Fight the Feeling Album

• Stream No Matter? 7

1. Yes (5) 71%
    2. Already streaming rn (2) 29%

This was from June :peperun:

Here's my review of the Don't Fight the Feeling Special Album and some thoughts on the music video because why not?

tenor.gif?itemid=18859419

Don't Fight the Feeling Music Video basic thoughts

I thought the music video was nice, and everyone looked good! Especially Lay's Part made me happy

tenor.gif?itemid=20265111

I only watched the music video the initial time, so I can't really say anything more about it

tenor.gif?itemid=19038449

While it's nice, but isn't a music video I would rewatch for the music video, which is the case for nearly all music videos for me, so it's fine

tenor.gif?itemid=7237282

This has been the first exo comeback after a long time, and they knew we were missing them and they snuck up on us like this

tenor.gif?itemid=18426008

With the comeback coming like this to us, knowing how much we were looking forward to one

tenor.gif

So ofc I was very excited by it

image0.gif

General Thoughts on the album

The album was a good one overall, with multiple good songs, while it wouldn't be among my favorite exo albums

tenor.gif?itemid=21238688

So let's get started with the review!

image0.gif

Don't Fight the Feeling (song)

On first listen, I didn't like the song, I didn't dislike it either, I thought it was ok, which wasn't a surprise to me because I wasn't feeling the snippet from the spoiler vid, back in April.

tenor.gif?itemid=16948173

Don't Fight the Feeling is my least fav exo title and also least fav exo song overall. None of the song really did anything for me, and I didn't think Sehun's rap fit with the rest of the song. I didn't think much of the lyrics when watching the music video with subtitles, but I don't really care about lyrics for kpop songs I don't like, and stuff may have been missed in translation. It sounds like a typical bright concept song that any boygroup could do to me, I'm sorry.

tenor.gif

I listened to it a few more times while writing this review so I could pay attention to all the details, and have a thorough and current review of the song, but my opinion didn't improve. I dislike it now, actually, unfortunately.

tenor.gif?itemid=14158921

That being said, while I didn't enjoy the song, I see why parts could be catchy to others, like the chorus

tenor.gif?itemid=20265101

Sorry, for the not-positive review of the title, but it's only going up from here!

tumblr_inline_p7lt6tILUT1sexmxc_500.gifv

Paradise

Well the first time I heard this song I found it ok. Then I listened to it a 2nd time accidentally, without realizing I was listening to it. And I was grooving to a bit. And then I checked what song it was and IT WAS THIS. SO NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK. But I'll figure it out while listening to this more times while writing this review

tenor.gif?itemid=19136471

The instrumental starts softly, yet brightly. I like it, but that's the only part I like of the beginning, because soon Baekhyun and Kai start singing softly, and I don't really like that part. But when Xiumin starts singing, the song starts picking up for me. The instrumental changes, and soon some gentle clapping joins Xiumin. A nice ad-lib from D.O, and then we're in the chorus. The chorus is pretty nice here, but I don't like it as much as Xiumin's part before. When Baekhyun starts singing for the first time after the first chorus, the song picks up again for me. His part is nice and his voice soothing, and D.O..'s ad-libs are nice as well. Now back to the chorus. A "Sing it Out" ad-lib from D.O is the first of many ad-libs with his "Da da dada da dada" being my favorite part of the song

PertinentOpenHeifer-size_restricted.gif

Soon the beat changes again, and we have Chanyeol's rap. The beat changes again, and Sehun's rap starts with a very different vibe from Chanyeol's. The later choruses I like more than the earlier ones, with ad-libs, record scratches, and harmonization. Some nice high notes from Baekhyun too. The song ends with a "Hey", a "Thank you" and a laugh, making the audience feel closer. Overall, a nice song. I think I like it.

tenor.gif?itemid=21259688

No Matter

No Matter is definitely and easily my favorite song on the album. It's a vibe from start to finish! I was grooving from the second it started. The rap could've been better but went well with the song. It starts with a head-nodding, banging beat. A few lines from Baekhyun and some "you know" ad-libs from Chanyeol and I'm already hooked. The songs starts with a sound that reminds me of before a video game starts. No Matter is an incredibly groovy, supremely danceable track, and the members keep up well. D.O. does an amazing job of this, after the Baekhyun and Chanyeol beginning of the song ends. He rides the groove and sings with ease, nailing this song with his extremely versatile voice. If someone can sound like they're enjoying themselves from the way they sing, D.O. sounds like that here for sure. Then comes Sehun's rap, going great with the grooviness of the song. Then after a short, calmer bit from Xiumin, with milder instrumentals and snapping here, like in Runaway. Then the chorus starts it is GROOVY! I love the falsettos, led by Baekhyun and then D.O. Baekhyun's falsettos are the best part of the song. No, not just that, THEY'RE THE BEST PART OF THE WHOLE ALBUM.

QcDX.gif

Then comes a short Kai rap with attitude. Baekhyun follows seamlessly. Then a groovy rap from Chanyeol, matching the groove well. It slows down a bit to showcase Lay's sweet voice and some snapping, and back to the chorus. Here comes the bridge and it's a spectacle! D.O's groovy singing, Baekhyun's falsettos (that continue into the next chorus). It seems Baekhyun decided to sing this instead of a Mariah Carey song :/ The song is ended wonderfully by D.O., slowing down just enough to satisfyingly bring it to a close.

27r1.gif

If you're still sitting here reading this, STOP

tenor.gif?itemid=19174842

GET UP AND GROOVE AND STREAM NO MATTER

Runaway

This song I heard the first time and liked the beginning and then I didn't remember the rest, or notice it ending so I wasn't sure whether I liked it or not. But I listened to it multiple times again while writing this review, paying attention to all the details!

tumblr_o9g2ot7rhQ1qbbha7o3_400.gif

The song starts with a bit over 5 seconds of instrumentals, an electronic keyboard, sounding bright but still sort of laidback before Kai comes in with the first lines of the song. It was a strong start, with me enjoying the instrumentals. After a few seconds, Kai is joined by the drums, the beat sounding anthemic, reminiscent of songs like "We Will Rock You" by Queen (do check it out if you haven't heard it btw!), yet Runaway manages to keep a sort of laidback vibe despite the anthemic beat, but now growing with tension, guided by Kai's voice, and then D.O's. Then Baekhyun starts, singing higher than the previous two, and the drums cut away. Instead, Baekhyun's voice is joined by the gentle plucking of guitar. I thought the guitar sounded heavenly. The delivery of Baekhyun's first line starts one way, and ends in another, and Baekhyun does this masterfully, both with his slight decrescendo and the attitude he puts into his singing. Then Xiumin comes in, his line similarly having a decrescendo.

tumblr_m605n5UlcS1ru8saco2_250.gif

Then the chorus starts, and the drums return. The chorus consists of the group singing together, followed by a solo line by a member (switched up throughout the song), again the members sing together, then another member has a solo line (also switched up throughout the song). Then with two definitive beats of the drum, the chorus ends, and there's a brief pause before Sehun's rap starts. The "singing together" part is more like chanting together, giving the song an anthemic feel along with the drums, and contrasting with the member solos part which sounds sweeter and more laidback. The second chant of the chorus also adds a soft higher harmony, giving it more personality than just a chant. I think I like the chorus, but perhaps not as much as the parts before the first chorus.

tumblr_okwgsgP2kc1rvvhg3o2_r1_250.gifv

Sehun's rap, while it didn't feel completely out-of-place, I don't think went too well with the song. I think one way the song would've been better is if it was a bit softer in volume, like Chanyeol's next lines. Chanyeol singing is always nice. Chanyeol's voice is an instrument, and he uses it as such, conveying emotion by slightly stylistically breaking it on the "oh", a nice touch by him. Then D.O starts to sing, the drums cut out, and the guitar joins, and Baekhyun, Lay, and Xiumin also join in soon after, softly harmonizing while he sings the melody. (Well the Lay harmony was done digitally) Then when Lay starts to sing, Baekhyun, D.O, and Xiumin harmonize softly with him. It's nice, and doesn't detract from the laidback vibe of the song. This is followed by another chorus, which is then followed by the bridge, which has more chanting, as well as ad-libs from Baekhyun and Lay. I wasn't really feeling the bridge tbh.

#cute from K-Poop

After the bridge, there's another chorus. Then D.O starts to sing, and then there are some ad-libs by Baekhyun as the song ends, with an interesting sound. Despite my small gripes with it, I liked Runaway overall as a song I think, and I appreciate the production while it's not my favorite. If I had to choose a favorite part, it's the guitar lol

tumblr_m7fuqbZo191rt2ncgo1_250.gif

• Just As Usual

Just As Usual I liked as soon as I heard. It's a nice chill song, and soothing. It starts with D.O.'s soothing voice, and a soft instrumental that lets the members take the forefront. When Xiumin starts to sing, the snapping starts (also an ad-lib by Lay) and it's a nice touch; I like it. Then when Chanyeol starts singing in the chorus, the snapping stops, the instrumental brightens (some nice electronic flourishes too) and the beat is banging. Groovy!

MetallicMarriedIbis-max-1mb.gif

Baekhyun's part that comes next in the chorus is so nice (love his voice) and is probably my favorite part of the song. The beat picks up and then Xiumin sings again, and the snapping starts again as the drum disappears, becoming chill once again. Baekhyun joins him and harmonizes, which is nice. D.O. also has a nice harmony with his sweet voice with Lay as soon the latter sings after Xiumin. There's also a nice falsetto by D.O. There is a nice contrast in the delivery between the next lies by Sehun and then D.O.. And Lay harmonizes with D.O. for a bit (but I guess it would be a bit different because they weren't in the studio together unfortunately, and that part is clear; it was layered with a computer). Nice, nevertheless. Then the two main vocals participating in this comeback harmonize then, followed by a Baek solo. I like Xiumin's soft lines between Kai's and then his harmony with the latter. Chanyeol starts with some ad-libs and a harmony from D.O. Nice, with a chill beat. Then Xiumin starts again and the song picks up again. Groovy!

a15d406990a0ccc4ce2cbc747850fc1b3d044ca7_00.gif

Then Chanyeol's rap starts, and the guitar gets bolder and I LOVE it. Chanyeol goes with it well, riding the beat, and the whole thing is so groovy. Then there's Sehun's part. I like Sehun's first line but the delivery he uses for the second line I think would be better in a hip-hop song than in this one. Though it's grown on me a bit lol. (September Litc's update: it's grown on me) Then the chorus starts again, except this time with a bolder guitar and ad-libs galore. When the song ends it ends softly and soothingly. The lyrics are really nice and soothing. I think Exo's most soothing song lyrics actually. Been Through is my exo comfort song, but this can be second. Overall Just As Usual is a really nice song! I think I appreciated it even more while listening more while writing this review.

tumblr_inline_ny6m335cyf1rqrx5f_500.gifv

Ranking:

No Matter

Just As Usual

Paradise

Runaway (not so sure about order of these two)

-HUUUUUUUUUUGE WALL-

Don't Fight the Feeling

tenor.gif

novemberrain  NightChamp  daniel-cruz:danceb:

It was too long so I couldn't fit it into one post :peperun:

• Honestly I clicked on this thread because it says Suho's Stan in the title. I was distracted by all the Suho gifs and I thank you for putting them all.

And last but not least, I did not read the entire review, but it's funny you like No matter the best. It somehow fades in the background for me between Paradise and Runaway.

Thanks again for all the Suho's gifs!!!!!

• Don't Fight the Feeling is my least fav exo title and also least fav exo song overall. None of the song really did anything for me, and I didn't think Sehun's rap fit with the rest of the song. I didn't think much of the lyrics when watching the music video with subtitles, but I don't really care about lyrics for kpop songs I don't like, and stuff may have been missed in translation. It sounds like a typical bright concept song that any boygroup could do to me, I'm sorry.

I love dftf

yeolsmuffin — Always - Kyungsoo

Yes it's rather simple but I find it very enjoyable

You could give it to another group but it wouldnt have the same taste

The chorus is my fav part but I like Sehun's part as well

I hope it grows on you

exo lay memes | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

• The instrumental starts softly, yet brightly. I like it, but that's the only part I like of the beginning, because soon Baekhyun and Kai start singing softly, and I don't really like that part. But when Xiumin starts singing, the song starts picking up for me. The instrumental changes, and soon some gentle clapping joins Xiumin. A nice ad-lib from D.O, and then we're in the chorus. The chorus is pretty nice here, but I don't like it as much as Xiumin's part before. When Baekhyun starts singing for the first time after the first chorus, the song picks up again for me. His part is nice and his voice soothing, and D.O..'s ad-libs are nice as well. Now back to the chorus. A "Sing it Out" ad-lib from D.O is the first of many ad-libs with his "Da da dada da dada" being my favorite part of the song

I love the intro and falsettos of Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. It's dynamic song and I am loving it. The transition from prechorus to chorus is just delicious. The chorus is catchy since it is mostly english it is also easy to sing along

This song is 100000.../10 for me

:lover1::lover1::lover1:

My fav part

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I like no matter but it is my least fav. My problem is that it feels a bit repetitive. The verses, rap parts, and chorus have almost the same beat and tempo

I prefer rather dynamic tracks

Happiness Starts Now — Exo Reaction when they see you (Girlfriend) in a...

Yixing's part is my fav part. I liked the change

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Runaway became one of my fav Exo b-sides at first listen. 10000../10

:pepe-sad:

I loved and enjoyed every second of it. The intro gets me anticipating. The verses have rather an uptempo but then in the prechorus everything slows down it is just Exo's voices and guitar. It is magical.

:pepe-sad:

Then the chorus hits. It is very atmosphheric with rather minimalistic instumentals and Exo's harmonies.

I really love the vibe of this song I always had a thing for bittersweet, sad but also uplifting tracks. Exo make them great

:pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad:

• Just as usual is sweet and mellow

The bridge with sechan's rap and electric guitar is so nice the last chorus after that is addictive. Kai really went off

:pepemusic:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!