[MEGATHREAD] GARAM'S SCANDAL: Facts and updates in OP. Post here.

• PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE:

POST THE LATEST UPDATES ON THE GARAM BULLYING SCANDAL HERE.

If a new thread is made, it will get merged.

Mention me, Ibby, superyeah, ZestyMochi or fortunato update the OP with new info.

TW// for the entire thread:

Talk of physical violence, potential indecent photography involving a minor and suicide.

TIMELINE OF CURRENT EVENTS:

• Bullying allegations released by several anonymous parties.
    • [SOURCE: Victim's counsel] Garam fans discover the identity of the Eunseo [not real name], assume she is the one releasing this info and start harassing her.
    • Hybe makes statement Garam is a victim
    • [SOURCE: Victim's counsel] Since Hybe claims reports are false, the harassment against the victim intensifies, even using a blurred picture of her.
    • [SOURCE: Victim's counsel] This causes Eunseo mental anguish and eventually she attempts suicide. Her parents during this hire legal representation and counsel sends certified mail to Hybe asking them for an apology and to retract their statement.
    • [SOURCE: Victim's counsel] They additionally file reports against anonymous third parties that blamed Eunseo for spreading the bullying alelgations.
    • Daeryun, the victim's counsel go public that Hybe is not responding to them. They reiterate what the victim wants and says if it is not done, they will release info that shows Garam to be the bully, not the victim. [see Daeryun's statement below]
    • HYBE makes another statement saying Garam is a victim and the story is more complicated [see Hybe's statement below]

-- PRESENT --

LIST OF KNOWN FACTS

LATEST UPDATES:

• Document fragment leaked naming Kim Garam as perpetrator
    • Private channel reports on bullying scandal
    • SBS (national news) reports on bullying scandal
    • Actual victim has come forward. Her representation has said they will release the document in their possession if Hybe does not retract their statement
    • Hybe released extra details which amount to: NO, we maintain she is still a victim
    • Hybe also announced Garam would be taking a hiatus to "heal"
    • Ministry of Education confirms Kim Garam is the perpetrator

FAQ:

Does Garam have a restraining order?

What is the 5th measure?

르세라핌 김가람, 학폭 사실이었다..피해자 "2차 가해 고통, 극단 시도→자퇴까지"[전문]
    [스포티비뉴스=장진리 기자] 그룹 르세라핌의 멤버 김가람에게 학교폭력을 당했다는 피해자가 직접 입을 열었다. A씨는 법률대리인 법무법인 대륜을 통해 "김가람과 친구들로부터 학교폭력을 당해 다른 학교로 전학갔으나, 본인의 잘못으로 강제전학을 갔다는 잘못된 소문과 2차 가해로 극단적…
    entertain.v.daum.net

WHERE IT ALL STARTED:

HYBE ORIGINAL STATEMENT:

DOCUMENT FRAGMENT:

STATEMENT FOR VICTIM'S REPRESENTATION:

GARAM'S HIATUS ANNOUNCEMENT:

HYBE'S RESPONSE:

MINISTRY OF EDUCATION:

• First, everyone was busy taking her side when we know nothing about her and dissing knetz as if they are a monolith

now everyone's busy shitting on her as if a random piece of paper which is unverified proves her guilty

hell, most of us can't even read hangeul to get a sense of what these random paper evidences mean :cryingr:

• inspired by this anon:

OP
  • idk how many people are willing to fake documents for this kind of stuff, but there's a chance it's fake.

Source/Hybe need to get their ass out of bed and do something. There is no reason for Pledis to be the only one who can properly handle something like this.

• shouldn't her parents file a police report for harassment at this point?

Police investigation is much better in these cases

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• If this document is fake it should easily be verified. Somu need to call the school and check the validity of it. They better move fast. All this “silence” at crucial moments are not helping.

• idk how many people are willing to fake documents for this kind of stuff, but there's a chance it's fake.

Source/Hybe need to get their ass out of bed and do something. There is no reason for Pledis to be the only one who can properly handle something like this.

What she said.

Now that there is an actual document and not just an internet post, they should address it. I don't believe it necessarily proves anything because yes, we can't read Hangul and I'd like to see a more reputable source translate it.

I did find these tweets in reply to the translation:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I really want an actual statement from Hybe here.

they said they will sue so its probably going to take time to do that :/

they should definitely give out some statement till then especially if this issue is going to stretch for long

• why someone would fake a document after Hybe announce they'll take legal action ? '-'

usually school bullying accusations stops once the agency announce they'll take legal action and it's not the case in the garam situation that's why it looks so fishy for a lot of people

Real question but would a burner twitter account thats immediately deleted even face any possible legal actions from a forged document?

• I don't believe she did all the things she was accused of, but I do believe something happened. No NMIX or IVE members have been accused of anything, so that says a lot to me. At this point, I can't get attached to her because she makes me feel uncomfortable. She's just bringing hate to the group and I'm sick of this mess.

• Yeah HYBE needs to respond to this. We know what school Garam went to. Have the school verify if this is true or not. Silence isn't going to help anybody

at this point her parents and guardian need to protect her, if company isnt going to clarify sth

They can file a police report on her behalf

forging a document like that is not sth that is taken lightly and criminal cases move faster than civil cases

• why someone would fake a document after Hybe announce they'll take legal action ? '-'

usually school bullying accusations stops once the agency announce they'll take legal action and it's not the case in the garam situation that's why it looks so fishy for a lot of people

Lawsuits threats are meaningless unless the person is actually in Korea.

If i'm some rando Kpop stan living in Turkmenistan that hates Hybe for whatever reason or just wants to troll them with anonymous accusations and photoshopped documents, what the heck can Hybe do to me? Korean slander laws have no standing in foreign courts.

ETA: Personally i have no clue whether this is real or not. I just want to point out that Kpoppies make way too much of a deal about "lawsuits". They may work in Korea but they sure as hell wont intimidate a determined troll or hater living outside of it.

• Lawsuits threats are meaningless unless the person is actually in Korea.

If i'm some rando Kpop stan living in Turkmenistan that hates Hybe for whatever reason or just wants to troll them with anonymous accusations and photoshopped documents, what the heck can Hybe do to me? Korean slander laws have no standing in foreign courts.

From what I've read, Korean forums require ID verification by law. That's why it's so easy to sue K-netizens. Although some allow foreigners to register with a passport. But I have no info on theqoo.

Edit: it was ruled unconstitutional in 2012, so not anymore

• From what I know, Korean forums require ID verification by law. That's why it's so easy to sue K-netizens. Although some allow foreigners to register with a passport.

Holy crap, are you serious???? Is this ID verification requirement even for rando public forums related to Kpop? Does that mean if AKP was a Korean site based in Korea, that i would have to give them my PASSPORT info to be able to create an account? Jesus christ.

Well that changes things. If this Korean forum requires ID verification and the evidence was posted by someone willing to enter his or her real info, then that definitely changes the calculus. I've wanted hard evidence this whole time and this might be the first piece.

• No, it's most likely a hit and run. Keep it online just long enough for people to copy and spread it, then delete and disappear.

Yeah that's what happened most probably. It was left long enough to cause an impact. Now if it's true or false we don't know.

╚»★«╝ 𝒞ℋ𝒜ℰ𝒲𝒪𝒩 ╚»★«╝

65b3f1e1aa73672380893c10179e44effda46d21.gifv 6d095ffe36433db7bb84911b750aa76271144a43.gifv5e73593750e04f5fa6e1f86f54a6bd87d896fe84.gifv54851899cc483350b84f11302d1250439d2e4005.gifv 65b3f1e1aa73672380893c10179e44effda46d21.gifv

• I dissed knetz not because I believe she's innocent or guilty, but as an adult I don't think is right to say nasty things about teenagers, even more sexual remarks

• This thread contains 3,179 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!