why i believe soojin is innocent

• most people sharing their opinion on this have never been bullied and it shows. the way they are talking on SNS is shameful and disgusting..

throughout my lifetime, i have experienced a myriad of bullying incidents *towards me!*

and you know what? i do not think soojin is guilty of the violence, etc. she's being accused of.

sure, she may have been a bad girl and smoked or got into a small (non-physical) fight with one of her friends, but we're all human... it's relatively normal.

now, i will tell you guys a story. if you've been on here a WHILE (since 2016), you may have already heard this, though my username was SoShiStan, but here goes:

~

in tenth grade, i made a joke to my friend (who had attended and already graduated) about a teacher being very attractive on Snapchat. the next day i get called down into the main office, and get informed that i've been kicked out of his class. this was very upsetting and embarrassing to me as i had already had some background at another school for something kind of similar.

when i asked why, they pulled out some printed screenshots of the conversation with my friend (which was private btw) that was about the teacher. except some of them were altered. badly. i tried to explain my side of the story by pulling up the conversation and saying she deleted some parts of it to make me look guilty (which was true), but they did not believe me. their decision was final. and on that day i lost someone very very important to me because of her actions.

the news spread quick. i was known as a "slut" and a "whore" because of this experience, even though at that time i hadn't even had my first kiss! most of my friends abandoned me, and suddenly i was approached more by people i don't recognize, asking "is it true?" and stuff like that. it started escalating and getting much worse until i hit a breaking point and tried not to live anymore.

when i came back for junior year i drank and vaped almost regularly. somedays i would walk down the halls crying, and no one would say or do a thing. so soon i just mixed in some alcohol with some gatorade and brought it to school on a regularly basis. teachers saw me vaping but didn't say anything about it because they didn't want to deal with me. they didn't want to talk to the freaky girl who thought one of their colleagues was hot.

needless to say, finishing out highschool was hell. i had my fair share of physical altercations but eventually i pulled through and graduated.

~

so as a victim of bullying, here's what's on my mind:

1. Why now? You're waiting until after they gain more traction so you can get more attention for this? Why wait so long? There is no good reason.
    2. A post in English that's meant for a Korean audience? Seriously? You were just intending on writing to k-netz and had no intentions of causing trouble internationally and decide to post in english where only stan twitter can understand wtf is going on
    3. I am sincerely sorry if it actually happened but you don't gain much from "telling the truth" to thousands of internet strangers, if this was taken seriously you would've been legally involved from the start
    4. Where is any sort of feasible proof? There is nothing I hate more than false accusations, it fucking burns inside from embarrassment and self hatred...
    5. Does anyone currently harassing her realize the harm they are causing?
    6. I've gotten my life fucked up by a lot of bullies, and I might not know Soojin personally, but I don't think she's the kind of person who can be violent towards others.
    7. Random internet stranger just accuses her of school violence like it's just another Tuesday. This is stupid.
    8. To the people who are angry: put yourself in her shoes and imagine how she feels right now

*also, just remembered this incident just happened to occur in the midst of her becoming the muse of Peripera :/

but maybe it is a coincidence?

giphy.gif

she's sitting in the court of public opinion waiting for her guilty or innocent verdict and it's fucking ridiculous.

if you're gonna fight below don't bother. if it was your fave you would be doing the same fucking thing.

Edited 4 times, last by FeLiNa ().

• Agreed, I don't see why this sparks so much debate among stans when there's obvious fishy behavior from the victim. I have also experienced bullying in my life, not as bad your story and I'm sorry that happened to you that person had no reason to do that. Bullying leads to lots of trauma and anxiety so posting the accusations on the internet, in English. is really fishy.

• im still neutral about this. soojin denied some of the accusations so im not gonna say if those accusations are true or false, i do think its stupid how some people are saying she was a bully for admitting to dress unfittingly or cuss out someone tho. you can do those things and still not be a bully, you have to take both sides into consideration tbh.

• Not a fan of Idle and tbh don't know about the situation of this all too well. Only some excerpts here on akp and other sites. So I don't have any opinion on this yet.

But what I want to say (looking at the people's reaction on this) is that everyone can have opinion on this. If it doesn't concur with you doesn't mean it is wrong and doesn't say anything about the person or user who gave it.

I know some of you are heavily involved in this. Just don't make it personal. Do not judge people's morals only based on their opinion on this topic. If anything just correct them if they are spreading false information. Otherwise just take it as another opinion.

• Not a fan of Idle and tbh don't know about the situation of this all too well. Only some excerpts here on akp and other sites. So I don't have any opinion on this yet.

But what I want to say (looking at the people's reaction on this) is that everyone can have opinion on this. If it doesn't concur with you doesn't mean it is wrong and doesn't say anything about the person or user who gave it.

I know some of you are heavily involved in this. Just don't make it personal. Do not judge people's morals only based on their opinion on this topic. If anything just correct them if they are spreading false information. Otherwise just take it as another opinion.

if people disagree that's fine, as long as there's no hatred or anger, it is fine <3

• The thing is, a lot of things which Soojin admitted to are stuff that I think a lot of people actually do?

• Smoking is bad, yes even in my country underage smoking is bad. But not cancel worthy. In fact if we discuss this as adults and mention that you smoke when you are young, we probably be like "eh knn your parents or teachers never catch you ah? Zai sia"
    • Quarreling? Who haven't quarrelled?
    • Scolding vulgarities? Heck I use them even now. KNNBCCB
    • Wear inappropriately? Girls at my school like to fold their skirts to make it shorter it's common
  • i dressed inappropriately in school time too, and not obeying school rules. But, i was the top10 student in school. Was I automatically a bully? Hell No

So the assumption that she admitted to smoking and dressing inappropriately, people already assumed she is iljin is so wrong

• why now? most schools don't do much about bullying unless its extreme stuff so maybe nothing could've been done before. why no proof? its hard to anticipate bullying so there is usually no recordings of the incident

• why now? most schools don't do much about bullying unless its extreme stuff so maybe nothing could've been done before. why no proof? its hard to anticipate bullying so there is usually no recordings of the incident

extortion and physical abuse seems pretty extreme

..:* :**:. (G)I-DLE WEKI MEKI WEEKLY NU'EST ITZY DREAMCATCHER STAYC .:**:.*.:.

• I'm so sorry for the things you had to go through in your youth, OP... :iloveyoub: I understand the pain that comes with bullying; I was tormented daily myself from age 7 to 10 by people who saw me as the "weird kid who cried easily" and decided I was the perfect victim. The only reason it stopped was a) I was diagnosed with ASD, and apparently even children couldn't fathom bullying someone with a legitimate reason like that (or maybe I was just too hard to bully at that point, I had gotten real good at ignoring most of them) and b) I finally moved.

It's still a little painful to think about, even after all these years. I do hope that it's not true that Soojin is a bully in the way it was described by the alleged victim, but it can be hard to tell without proof. It just feels suspicious.

Buddy InSomnia Neverland Miracle MooMoo

<3 2021 = 10 Years of Kpop <3

giphy.gif

• some of you are so blinded by your love for soojin that you dont see the other side. im not gonna take any sides but here is a counter to every point you made.

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• For the cases of Jimin and Irene, they were really obvious with all the facts and reasonings behind it.

But for this I’m putting myself on the fence. I feel like there isn’t much facts at hand and the current accusations does feel fishy at the moment, and I don’t want to invalidate the victim too either. I’ll just wait for more facts to come out before making a judgement.

Once (main), Blink & Fearnot

• I dont care honestly.. they were all children... If Soojin was a bully then surely she has changed... We're not all stuck in our mid teens.

the most rational personal in the thread has a song jieun sig, i'm not surprised. you don't see taste like that these days, glad to see someone else on here still stans her

and agreed, everyone seems to be under the assumption that it's impossible to change and learn...

• extortion and physical abuse seems pretty extreme

thank you. exactly. in some situations that's not something you wait to bring up.

i don't think people understand the scope of throwing words around, it's all fun and games until you're involved in a lawsuit. serious things like that are things you document...

i still have the pictures of injuries i got from junior year. i literally had the voice recording app open so much too because the school did not want to defend me. i was adamant that they checked the security cameras and they were very shocked when they did. i have my money and i am done with them now.

i want to believe the victim here and someone on this thread got a little heated about how i argued it- waiting so long? really?

g-idle have been in the public eye for a couple of years now, how can she develop spite, just now, after their successful comeback?... i am sorry but it is weird. and i understand people have their decisions and i'm not criticizing etc. but if i saw another person was being assaulted/slapped, i would've gone and told someone immediately. (and i'm sure most people share this i think)

idk man

• speaking of hypocritical

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

it's really interesting how netizens like to jump around from target to target

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

they're really shameless smh

• in tenth grade, i made a joke to my friend (who had attended and already graduated) about a teacher being very attractive on Snapchat. the next day i get called down into the main office, and get informed that i've been kicked out of his class. this was very upsetting and embarrassing to me as i had already had some background at another school for something kind of similar.

when i asked why, they pulled out some printed screenshots of the conversation with my friend (which was private btw) that was about the teacher. except some of them were altered. badly. i tried to explain my side of the story by pulling up the conversation and saying she deleted some parts of it to make me look guilty (which was true), but they did not believe me. their decision was final. and on that day i lost someone very very important to me because of her actions.

Wow, that sucks what that "friend" pulled out on you. It's so gratuitous and mean. Why people do this kind of things is beyond me. Honestly I'm not sure I could have refrained myself from sucker slapping the bitch at the first occasion.

• Wow, that sucks what that "friend" pulled out on you. It's so gratuitous and mean. Why people do this kind of things is beyond me. Honestly I'm not sure I could have refrained myself from sucker slapping the bitch at the first occasion.

it turns out she ended up doing it because she had a crush on him when she was in his class.. wild..

i think i was only angry for a bit, then disappointed in myself for bringing it up in the first place.

it's been half a decade and i still miss that teacher and i wonder how he is doing..

life is crazy haha

Yes, people are the worst when they're comfortably hidden behind the anonymity of the internet. But I must admit Korean netizens look like world champions at being the biggest douches around. No wonder there are so many bullies among them.

• For the cases of Jimin and Irene, they were really obvious with all the facts and reasonings behind it.

But for this I’m putting myself on the fence. I feel like there isn’t much facts at hand and the current accusations does feel fishy at the moment, and I don’t want to invalidate the victim too either. I’ll just wait for more facts to come out before making a judgement.

What facts were there for Jimin, other than people not liking her and finding her ugly? All we got was Mina's version and no corroboration from anyone else, and with her immediately gaining general support and threatening suicide, what could Jimin do to support herself?

While it is possible that Jimin did all that, let's not pretend that there is any actual evidence (witnesses, recordings, screen shots etc): it's simply word against word and that was enough to kill 5 careers...

• Yes, people are the worst when they're comfortably hidden behind the anonymity of the internet. But I must admit Korean netizens look like world champions at being the biggest douches around. No wonder there are so many bullies among them.

knetz and users on here haven't gotten their asses whooped in school irl once and it shows

• Again, this is frustrating and you can have an opinion on whether Soojin is innocent or not, but can some of you stop generalizing an entire country?

You all demonize knetz when we're the same. Point and blank, inetz also sending death threats to Seo Shin ae as if that helps. And there's also many scandals internationally where people jumped on the hate bandwagon (ex; james charles and tati drama)

The "Anti-Korean" sentiment is disgustingly xenophobic. A few comments on an article does not represent an entire country and in reality, I highly doubt the average korean represents a good chunk of these hate comments. I doubt they even care that much.

Edited once, last by signall ().

• What facts were there for Jimin, other than people not liking her and finding her ugly? All we got was Mina's version and no corroboration from anyone else, and with her immediately gaining general support and threatening suicide, what could Jimin do to support herself?

While it is possible that Jimin did all that, let's not pretend that there is any actual evidence (witnesses, recordings, screen shots etc): it's simply word against word and that was enough to kill 5 careers...

Bruh, Jimin couldve easily told her side of the story. Just like Irene couldve easily told her side of the story. They're not powerless here, Irene has a ginormous fanbase that wouldve backed her 1000 percent if she stood up for herself, Jimin probably had her own AOA stans and the backing of FNC. If they were truly wrongfully accused, they wouldve responded in kind. The fact that they apologized/retired instead is pretty convincing circumstantial evidence that they were guilty.

• The "Anti-Korean" sentiment is disgustingly xenophobic. A few comments on an article does not represent an entire country and in reality, I highly doubt the average korean represents a good chunk of these hate comments. I doubt they even care that much.

I can agree on that, you're right. But if things escalate so much that (G)i-DLE's future is jeopardized because of "a few comments on an article", then it's not just a few comments on an article, it's a systemic issue that we can criticize. If internet vendettas have so much weight, then I strongly disagree about how things operate in Korea. The sheer number of these bullying scandals is already pretty telling, on that I think we can agree. And it's not something that puts Korea as a society in a good light.

• I can agree on that, you're right. But if things escalate so much that (G)i-DLE's future is jeopardized because of "a few comments on an article", then it's not just a few comments on an article, it's a systemic issue that we can criticize. If internet vendettas have so much weight, then I strongly disagree about how things operate in Korea. The sheer number of these bullying scandals is already pretty telling, on that I think we can agree. And it's not something that puts Korea as a society in a good light.

Yes, I do recognize there is a toxic culture (there was a signiicant amount of hate against celebrities that they had to close comments on naver) but again, I don't really see how it gives you any right to speak ill of an entire society like you have previously

example; you generalizing Korean gamers as "hateful and cocky on live" and wimpy in real life before in another thread and talking ill about the entire country

And again, to be making blanket statements on an ENTIRE SOCIETY over one issue seems ignorant tbh... especially since you have never even lived there...

• Yes, I do recognize there is a toxic culture (there was a signiicant amount of hate against celebrities that they had to close comments on naver) but again, I don't really see how it gives you any right to speak ill of an entire society like you have previously

example; you generalizing Korean gamers as "hateful and cocky on live" and wimpy in real life before in another thread and talking ill about the entire country

And again, to be making blanket statements on an ENTIRE SOCIETY over one issue seems ignorant tbh... especially since you have never even lived there...

I admit I've been very provocative. Mostly because I'm pissed off about the whole situation and frustrated that I can only watch things unravel in one way or another.

Now I'm still entitled to criticize korean society, just like I can criticize american society, etc. And just as anyone can criticize my country's society. I agree there's probably bigger issues in the world and in korea than a given group's fate. But this is a k-pop forum, so I talk about k-pop stuff, and I talk about Korea through the lens of the k-pop industry. And right now, what's happening on that front? I don't like it.

I'm sorry if I offended you though and I apologize.

• I see a lot of people who believe Soojin is telling the truth and innocent(mostly ifans) and also a lot of people who believe that it's the alleged victim that's telling the truth and providing the facts(mostly koreans), but why isn't anybody really considering the probability that both might be lying with what they've said. It's possible that Soojin may not be revealing the whole truth about everything that happened and its also possible that the alleged victim is twisting and exaggerating the real story because they're bitter over what happened. That's why it's best stay neutral until more evidence comes out because we don't know which of the sides that are lying and which is one is telling us the more of the truth.

I don't know, Soojin still owned up to stuff knetz will use to shit on her, like smoking and modifying her uniform. Not sure why she wouldn't just deny all of that.

Witnesses however have said that the accuser's claims seem ridiculously exaggerated, but god forbid news sites cover stories that don't keep the drama going.

Knetz on Pann vs I-roaches on AKP

C154890D-A72B-4350-952E-3D6487DA261B.jpeg

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!