Knetz forgetting about the Snowdrop controversy already?

• “The 3rd episode of JTBC's Saturday-Sunday drama 'Snowdrop' recorded 1.853% of viewership based on national paid TV households.

Episode 13 of MBC's Friday-Saturday drama 'The Red Sleeve' recorded 12.8% nationwide, and episode 12 of SBS' Friday-Saturday drama 'Now, We Are Breaking Up' recorded 5.7%, respectively.”

It seems like ratings for Snowdrop are dropping, so people don’t care much about the controversy to watch it anymore? So hopefully the drama can wrap itself up peacefully and Jisoo will be fine.

• uh... low ratings don't mean people "forgot" about the drama...it means they're boycotting it lol

jtbc dont do well this days

I doubt anybody is boycotting the channel bc other dramas they air has similar ratings for a while

actually I was waiting for mass essay again after ep3 but it rather quiet now, ,maybe the episode explain what happen better or people just decide to ignore. At least pann/ nate isnt talking about it unlike ep 1-2 (idk about theqoo)

• It seems like ratings for Snowdrop are dropping, so people don’t care much about the controversy to watch it anymore? So hopefully the drama can wrap itself up peacefully and Jisoo will be fine.

Yeah... nope. That's not a good thing. If the ratings drops more and more, they will likely cancel it due to bad ratings, just like one of Jung Haein's previous drama. They might even cancel it earlier to 6-7 episodes due to sponsors already cutting off ties. Ratings is actually the only thing that could save the drama now and the controversy actually helped their ratings, even if technically its bad press, its still a press.

• Yeah... nope. That's not a good thing. If the ratings drops more and more, they will likely cancel it due to bad ratings, just like one of Jung Haein's previous drama. They might even cancel it earlier to 6-7 episodes due to sponsors already cutting off ties. Ratings is actually the only thing that could save the drama now and the controversy actually helped their ratings, even if technically its bad press, its still a press.

arent drama that do bad cut at 12 ep

at this point that could be better than nothing so we can all just forget and move on

• Yeah... nope. That's not a good thing. If the ratings drops more and more, they will likely cancel it due to bad ratings, just like one of Jung Haein's previous drama. They might even cancel it earlier to 6-7 episodes due to sponsors already cutting off ties. Ratings is actually the only thing that could save the drama now and the controversy actually helped their ratings, even if technically its bad press, its still a press.

yeah but if ratings are high, more people are watching and jisoo might get hated more, which might affect her future career. if not many are watching, jisoo can get through this drama without hate, and then do her next drama. i guess im talking good for jisoo.

• yeah but if ratings are high, more people are watching and jisoo might get hated more, which might affect her future career. if not many are watching, jisoo can get through this drama without hate, and then do her next drama. i guess im talking good for jisoo.

It is actually better if international fans stop bringing her name up in the controversy. Because in Korea the person that is getting a lot of hate is actually the male lead, Jung Haein, the Snowdrop writer and jtbc. Knetz only spoke on Jisoo when BP members posted to watch Snowdrop but that was quickly buried by Jung Haein's "himbo" interview. Jisoo's name only came up again now because it is her fans that is being offensive to the Korean's history. The "Red Wing Queen Jisoo" tags they built all over twitter, not just a bad idea, it's the worst.

Watch your own fandom first if you want her not to get hate.

• Ooof RIP snowdrop

If it's not taken off air because of the complaints the crap ratings will do it instead. It's a lose lose situation

They really aren't that bad. JTBC is a pay channel so their ratings are always going to be lower than public channels. 1.8 is on par with the two shows that aired before it in the same timeslot. Time will tell if they drop more, but for now it's doing good by JTBC standards.

Lost

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Inspector Koo

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• I’m going to speak candidly. Snowdrop’s controversy was simply a stepping stone in a broader political battle. Because Jisoo was a part of BP, a group of people decided this was their next target for “historical distortion” discussion that started last year basically. SD was a visible target. Why else would an unaired drama script and the whole plot and character summaries be aired to all the internet? If Jisoo wasn’t in this drama, there wouldn’t be nearly this much interest in it. A bandwagon happened and there was jump to pick a side and usually the side with the pitchforks is pretty convincing.

BP/Jisoo lose nothing. Their endorsements and CFs remained up and Korea is quick to pull those if the controversy was that bad. Ultimately, the drama will do fine. These ratings are fine and in line with JTBC’s this year. They could go up or down, but the job is already done. They put a negative connotation on the show. The “historical distortion” is probably not black and white and the truth is in the middle, but that doesn’t matter. SD will air, probably do okay-ish, and still be nit-picked along the way. Those that hate BP get their clicks and views. Long story short, Snowdrop is just a step in a journey. In 4-6 months, they’ll be another crusade against another drama, and Im sure the actors in SD will stay away from ANYTHING not centered in the present for a while. LMAO.

• I’m going to speak candidly. Snowdrop’s controversy was simply a stepping stone in a broader political battle. Because Jisoo was a part of BP, a group of people decided this was their next target for “historical distortion” discussion that started last year basically. SD was a visible target. Why else would an unaired drama script and the whole plot and character summaries be aired to all the internet? If Jisoo wasn’t in this drama, there wouldn’t be nearly this much interest in it. A bandwagon happened and there was jump to pick a side and usually the side with the pitchforks is pretty convincing.

BP/Jisoo lose nothing. Their endorsements and CFs remained up and Korea is quick to pull those if the controversy was that bad. Ultimately, the drama will do fine. These ratings are fine and in line with JTBC’s this year. They could go up or down, but the job is already done. They put a negative connotation on the show. The “historical distortion” is probably not black and white and the truth is in the middle, but that doesn’t matter. SD will air, probably do okay-ish, and still be nit-picked along the way. Those that hate BP get their clicks and views. Long story short, Snowdrop is just a step in a journey. In 4-6 months, they’ll be another crusade against another drama, and Im sure the actors in SD will stay away from ANYTHING not centered in the present for a while. LMAO.

this has nothing to do with bp or jisoo i swear some of yall need to get over this dumb notion. regardless of the actress this was going to be controversial the moment they decided to put a nk spy attending a university during this highly sensitive period in time in south korea

• Nobody in Korea cares about this manufactured scandal. Seriously. Online petitions are worthless, Knetz are even more worthless. Koreans got more important things to worry about than a mfing K drama lol.

• Have you totally ignored the elephant in the room?

Even if that was decent ratings there's STILL the massive controversy over the drama that's been there from pre production. It's already been the subject of a ton of hate, lost most it's sponsors, calls for boycotts, mangled in conspiracy theories of right wing propaganda with JTBC network and whatever else. The shit ratings are more sticks added to it's funeral pyre.

• this has nothing to do with bp or jisoo i swear some of yall need to get over this dumb notion. regardless of the actress this was going to be controversial the moment they decided to put a nk spy attending a university during this highly sensitive period in time in south korea

First, I was responding to the OP where they were concerned about Jisoo and BP. Secondly, I myself stated that the issues with the drama have nothing to do with BP or Jisoo and that’s it’s clearly a bigger social/political issue amongst a group of people and Snowdrop is not that important in that issue overall. I know this cause historical distortion have been an issue for a while now and a lot of Knetz wanted to get shows cancelled and they did or couldn’t cause the show already became too popular. Thirdly, do you genuinely think everything about this drama and characters and plot would hit the internet for journalists to write about MONTHS before it even aired if there was not a big star or stars attached to it? I’m genuinely asking especially when BLACKPINK’s Jisoo is almost in every title in reference to the drama before and now?

not really, since the news of jisoo being part of the drama the plot was questioned

thats all the way back to august 2020, it got even more attention during feb-april bc of joseon ex. when people bring snowdrop back along with other dramas and kblinks were planning on sending trucks to stop the drama from happening and there was a blue house petition against it (that didn't work obv). All the controversies reach its peaking point when ep 1 and 2 aired, and it was hellfire

it could have been like this not matter the actress but jisoo circumstances are just additional to the main issue

• arent drama that do bad cut at 12 ep

at this point that could be better than nothing so we can all just forget and move on

Yes, usually productions with bad ratings only needed to cover lost that cost 4 episode cancellation but for Snowdrop, they also lost sponsors and they also had to prepare money for any future legalities with those sponsors that comes after the drama ends, etc etc. It depends on how much the producers is willing to cover for it's loss.

Better is actually for the show to get cancelled earlier and Jisoo to start fresh with another drama. I think this is where fans don't get it, she could do without Snowdrop. Jung Haein is already on the verge to lose all his credibility as an actor in Korea just because of one interview he did about the drama. He is more of the face of Snowdrop, not Jisoo, what is blasted on Pann, Naver etc is not Jisoo, its mainly the male lead.

So in the meantime that Jisoo is not exactly as hated as Jung Haein, and terms like "Red Wing Queen Jisoo" from international fans doesn't make its way to Korea, I would prefer if everything just end right now.

• Have you totally ignored the elephant in the room?

Even if that was decent ratings there's STILL the massive controversy over the drama that's been there from pre production. It's already been the subject of a ton of hate, lost most it's sponsors, calls for boycotts, mangled in conspiracy theories of right wing propaganda with JTBC network and whatever else. The shit ratings are more sticks added to it's funeral pyre.

And if they cancel Snowdrop, they will have to cancel the drama planned to air after Snowdrop which has a similar issue and is already half way through production. That's too much lost money. They already paid the production costs and it's a paid channel. I highly doubt they'll pull it unless it drops to under 0% and even then they may let it keep going.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!