Does Army realize if it wasn't BTS then it would have been Blackpink

• Bts got lucky but Blackpink trajectory was always gonna be the same.

Yes BTS "helped" kpop get big in Western countries but even if they didn't Blackpink would have.

Yes a rare thread where I'm not destroying Blackpink. Enjoy it while it lasts Blinks.

I needed to get this thread out before I eat my Chicken Mcnuggets. So there you go.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I disagree, I don't think BP would've been as big as BTS in the U.S. BTS were always bigger than every group, I could never see YG pushing BP as hard in American award shows, hell, they don't even send them to America to preform in award shows. B.P is still big but would never reach BTS's level if BTS didn't exist. Honestly HYBE is a smarter company than YG. YG is already very stupid with BP and barely give them new group content, they could never break in the U.S market as well as BTS have. YG would be BPs down fall.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• I disagree, I don't think BP would've been as big as BTS in the U.S. BTS were always bigger than every group, I could never see YG pushing BP as hard in American award shows, hell, they don't even send them to America to preform in award shows. B.P is still big but would never reach BTS's level if BTS didn't exist. Honestly HYBE is a smarter company than YG. YG is already very stupid with BP and barely give them new group content, they could never break in the U.S market as well as BTS have. YG would be BPs down fall.

I'm not trying to suggest BP would have been as big as BTS. Just that they would have been big enough to spread kpop to America just as well as BTS did.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Were your chicken nuggets good Drew. What sauce did you get?

They were fantastic. I went with tangy barbecue sauce. Nuggets are all I ever get at McDonald's.

• I'm not trying to suggest BP would have been as big as BTS. Just that they would have been big enough to spread kpop to America just as well as BTS did.

I still disagree, I do not see BP influence extending Korea and In some Asian countries, I do not think they would spread Kpop to America as well as BTS have. I don't see it.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• Hmmm let’s see, what does this forum consider a appropriate response from armys towards this statement that is discrediting BTS. Can someone provide a some sort of sample para? I don’t want stans crying over this.

Theres no reason for anyone to be upset though. I'm just dropping truth.

Groups like 2NE1, Girls Generation and f(x) already had big followings in the West. Blackpink was just the next step to that and it was lined up to happen at the perfect time.

I mean everyone always says BTS and BP both cater to two different audiences. So that's proof enough.

• So you choose fighting against Army today?

M1Hdbo.gif

I'm Neo? Awesome!

• Theres no reason for anyone to be upset though. I'm just dropping truth.

Groups like 2NE1, Girls Generation and f(x) already had big followings in the West. Blackpink was just the next step to that and it was lined up to happen at the perfect time.

I mean everyone always says BTS and BP both cater to two different audiences. So that's proof enough.

If I say something stans might cry about discrediting but define big following. Is it comparative to what BTS Have achieved?

Also both artists success are not tied to each other esp when they cater to different audiences. Ones success doesn’t diminish others.

P.s Proofs require data and evidences not dumb takes on akp.com

• That's you recognizing BTS paved the way in the West? Nice.

Actually that would be PSY. But if Army want to pretend he doesn't exist then that's fine too. Yall already pretend kpop didn't start till 2013.

• Actually that would be PSY. But if Army want to pretend he doesn't exist then that's fine too. Yall already pretend kpop didn't start till 2013.

WAIT!

let me continue this conversation, i think i know how this will go!

army: psy didn't. Bts are the ones to truly open the door & give other groups opportunities.

drew: so you think psy is a complete nugu?

army: thats not what i said

drew: are you calling me ugly??

army: i-

other fandom: thats crossing the line.

* ripia closes thread*

~ the end ~

• If I say something stans might cry about discrediting but define big following. Is it comparative to what BTS Have achieved?

Also both artists success are not tied to each other esp when they cater to different audiences. Ones success doesn’t diminish others.

P.s Proofs require data and evidences not dumb takes on akp.com

2NE1 like BigBang was big in the west during second gen. And so was every SM group at the time because of the SM Town tours all across America and Europe during second gen.

Krystal and Amber being from California really helped f(x) popularity in America. They were the first kpop group to be invited to SXSW in Dallas and also had the now famous Anna Kendrick joining f(x) crossover. You ain't no scrub if you are doing a collaboration with a Hollywood star.

• That was a funny history, but you could've made Drew more dramatic and i don't think he cares about being ugly, calling him a troll would be more spicy in this dialogue :pepe-use-head: even so i saw what you did with "closes the thread"... Kkkk

• 2NE1 like BigBang was big in the west during second gen. And so was every SM group at the time because of the SM Town tours all across America and Europe during second gen.

Krystal and Amber being from California really helped f(x) popularity in America. They were the first kpop group to be invited to SXSW in Dallas and also had the now famous Anna Kendrick joining f(x) crossover. You ain't no scrub if you are doing a collaboration with a Hollywood star.

None of these are comparable to what BTS have done, respectfully. No one said they are Nugu, but they aren’t on the same level as BTS, sorry. You keep believing that thou, might be the only thing that helps you sleep at night.

• That was a funny history, but you could've made Drew more dramatic and i don't think he cares about being ugly, calling him a troll would be more spicy in this dialogue :pepe-use-head: even so i saw what you did with "closes the thread"... Kkkk

i'll take your criticism into consideration. Please anticipate my next works.

also, i have absolutely no idea what you are talking about :saint:

• 2NE1 like BigBang was big in the west during second gen. And so was every SM group at the time because of the SM Town tours all across America and Europe during second gen.

The way you threw f(x) as if they ever came close to 2ne1 i- The only group that could rival their popularity was girl generation and that's because they were literally THE top group.

• many people will deny it, but bp honestly rode bts coattail's into the u.s. yg simply shoved bp in behind bts before the door shut completely and it worked. when you rlly think about it, what has yg actually done to push bp in the u.s? performing at coachella, which was one of yang hyunsuk's last u.s connections left? performing on late night tv, which bts paved the way for? a few A list u.s collabs, which bts also paved the way for (for 3rd gen groups)? All bp had to do was be a kpop girl group that was slightly more aligned with american trends when all eyes were on kpop (thanks to bts) and bada bing bada boom.

none of this is to say they don't have any success by their own merits. its just to say the timing was right and yge used it to their advantage

who's your favorite artist?

• many people will deny it, but bp honestly rode bts coattail's into the u.s. yg simply shoved bp in behind bts before the door shut completely and it worked. when you rlly think about it, what has yg actually done to push bp in the u.s? performing at coachella, which was one of yang hyunsuk's last u.s connections left? performing on late night tv, which bts paved the way for? a few A list u.s collabs, which bts also paved the way for (for 3rd gen groups)? All bp had to do was be a kpop girl group that was slightly more aligned with american trends when all eyes were on kpop (thanks to bts) and bada bing bada boom.

none of this is to say they don't have any success by their own merits. its just to say the timing was right and yge used it to their advantage

Dua Lipa collab was huge success in the west and it was the most viewed Blackpink song in spotify almost 2 years.

• This thread contains 52 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!