Has any 3rd gen female idol surpassed yoona, Suzy and kang sora's cf numbers?

• are these current? some of this are 2018-2019 that don't currently promote using her

Hwasa had 8 brands in 2020 and 9 brands in 2019 here I have removed magazine shoots. There maybe overlaps from 2018. If they are still airing the cf with her in 2020 I've included it. If I include 2018 it would be 21+ and I don't have the energy for that. From all my research sis is getting mad money.

is the number of cf's that important though? should be the type of endorsement more important?

like biggest brands I prefer an idol have like 2 or 3 huge endorsement deals than having many cf's from brands that aren't as impactful.

Ofc it is. Nobody here is endorsing any nugu brand. Suzy herself dabbled with Nescafe and domino's with Dior on the side. Jennie has soju and Chanel. Hwasa has Tommy Hilfiger and Lotte snacks and drinks. There ain't nothing wrong with sponsoring ads that aren't high fashion. That's how you get your face everywhere.

Ice-like eyes, breaking me in two

• Wut

She did a song as an ad for it too I think.

Edit:

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hwasa had 8 brands in 2020 and 9 brands in 2019 here I have removed magazine shoots. There maybe overlaps from 2018. If they are still airing the cf with her in 2020 I've included it. If I include 2018 it would be 21+ and I don't have the energy for that. From all my research sis is getting mad money.

Ofc it is. Nobody here is endorsing any nugu brand. Suzy herself dabbled with Nescafe and domino's with Dior on the side. Jennie has soju and Chanel. Hwasa has Tommy Hilfiger and Lotte snacks and drinks. There ain't nothing wrong with sponsoring ads that aren't high fashion. That's how you get your face everywhere.

having more cf's =/= better

some cf's might be from companies that are not that known world wide or they can't afford having top celebrities/ idols to endorse their products. you can't compare brands

like Adidas, Samsung (blackpink) Chanel (Jennie) Dior (Jisoo) Mac (Lisa) YSL (Rosé) etc with let's say more nugu brands (internationally speaking) so having more cf's doesn't necessarily means better.

Jisoo is also a brand ambassador of dior now she is pretty much getting cf's and she is actively promoting Dior and Dior beauty now.

it's the type of brand they are endorsing they earn a lot more from luxury global brands

• Hwasa had 8 brands in 2020 and 9 brands in 2019 here I have removed magazine shoots. There maybe overlaps from 2018. If they are still airing the cf with her in 2020 I've included it. If I include 2018 it would be 21+ and I don't have the energy for that. From all my research sis is getting mad money.

isn't North Face a magazine shoot tho? from 2018

also on the subway korea instagram the last artist they used is crush and many others inbetween him and hwasa who did a cf in 2018.

• what kind of logic is this? most of those international brands are still focused on korean CFs - the u.s. is not playing or displaying korean samsung CFs.

you have the right idea but the wrong approach. it's not just about brand value, it's about how much advertising fee each brand is willing to pay for the idol. the OP already showed that top stars like suzy, yoona etc get paid ~700k USD per brand deal. it doesn't matter if it's a TOP KOREAN BRAND or a well-known international brand. unless you can prove those international brands PAY MORE in advertising fees (which I doubt because just because a brand may be popular internationally like MAC doesn't mean it will have the biggest market share in south korea) then your argument doesn't make sense.

• Hun do u even read this??👇🏻 :eyes:

Are you crazy? Go Google cf queen. It's still Suzy that shows up. She's the Nation's first love ffs.

Suzy is called human Dior along with jisoo because she's the brand ambassador. Similarly she was the face of Samsung, Chum churum, sprite, Nescafe, domino's,Face shop and Lancome Paris. And a million more I can't remember.

Yoona had Michael Kors, in which she became the brand's first ambassador in Korea, luxury cosmetics brand Estée Lauder, Danish jewellery brand Pandora, Tous Les Jours, Crocs and Lee Jeans.

ʂŋʂɖıɠąŋɠɛҳơɬıƈɛŕɛɖ ۷ɛƖ۷ɛɬąɛʂą

Eɳԋρҽn ɳct αƚҽҽȥ ʂϝ9 ɠ-ιԃʅҽ ƈʅƈ ʂƚαƈ ɾσƈƙҽƚ ρυɳƈԋ

Kai suzy dahyun sunoo wendy hangyul sooyoung

scoups siwon minnie jennie yeji ýeonjun wonhõ JR eunseo sunwoo seunghee wooşeok ýunho yoon ýooa taeyong jin pinky yunkyeong kariningning

image.pngE9kEx0GXsAo5KH2.jpg

9e70ce154109a70d6bcdae828ddc88d19e689c2c.gifv810880c1cda3fb4a25e239b04d7d3376dd59ab2e.gifv

0ab0162f72738439a2310e05f360d4c0234f993c.gifv14f22f579f886ecb2b3aa6a2715cea21b4df0eac.gifv

• what kind of logic is this? most of those international brands are still focused on korean CFs - the u.s. is not playing or displaying korean samsung CFs.

you have the right idea but the wrong approach. it's not just about brand value, it's about how much advertising fee each brand is willing to pay for the idol. the OP already showed that top stars like suzy, yoona etc get paid ~700k USD per brand deal. it doesn't matter if it's a TOP KOREAN BRAND or a well-known international brand. unless you can prove those international brands PAY MORE in advertising fees (which I doubt because just because a brand may be popular internationally like MAC doesn't mean it will have the biggest market share in south korea) then your argument doesn't make sense.

700k is kinda low though, didnt Lisa get 1.7M USD for AIS?

• BP have many group CFs as well though so BP is kinda a different case to the current Suzy and Yoona. Yoona had similar situation during SNSD peak years when SNSD had many CFs and not just Yoona

Anyway it's so nice to see 2nd gen queens are not easily replaced by new younger faces. I hate the mentality that women (especially idols) are considered old after they reached 30.

• Bruh stop being a pressed blink, Hwasa isn’t endorsing nugu brands mate 😭😆

Talking bout internationally, last I checked nonkoreans aren’t drinking soju? Does that mean jennies CF is nugu? No. Theyre All big so please stfu. Hwasa is in demand her company won’t take offers from small endorsers, forget it, they wouldn’t even think about asking.

• I was talking general though

I did but I was mostly talking about other idols they mentioned not like for Yoona or Suzy.

and I know about Suzy lol but for example Hwasa imo shouldn't be discussed.

You clearly never been to Korea and don’t know anything outside your “bp world”. Hwasa is an “IT GIRL”. She’s called the sellout queen and has something called the “hwasa effect” because anything she eats/uses, even without endorsements, gets sold out. There’s a reason why she has so many MAJOR (🙄) endorsements. Stay mad pressed hater.

She doesn’t even need to be selling things, her everday activities take part in the hwasa effect

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You clearly never been to Korea and don’t know anything outside your “bp world”. Hwasa is an “IT GIRL”. She’s called the sellout queen and has something called the “hwasa effect” because anything she eats/uses, even without endorsements, gets sold out. There’s a reason why she has so many MAJOR (🙄) endorsements. Stay mad pressed hater.

She doesn’t even need to be selling things, her everday activities take part in the hwasa effect

External Content twitter.com

I'm not a hater I know about her big popularity in Korea but I don't agree with the logic of having more cf's means better there are many things that should be taken in consideration. Sometimes less is more I don't get the logic of having more cf's means is more impressive but we need to see kind of brands they are endorsing etc. Hwasa was only an example I was trying to make maybe it's not the best example.

Sorry if this came across as downplaying her.

I see I should have worded what I meant better I apologize I'm gonna edit my post

• Jisoo is the beauty ambassador of dior beauty,suzy's the brand ambassador of dior

ʂŋʂɖıɠąŋɠɛҳơɬıƈɛŕɛɖ ۷ɛƖ۷ɛɬąɛʂą

Eɳԋρҽn ɳct αƚҽҽȥ ʂϝ9 ɠ-ιԃʅҽ ƈʅƈ ʂƚαƈ ɾσƈƙҽƚ ρυɳƈԋ

Kai suzy dahyun sunoo wendy hangyul sooyoung

scoups siwon minnie jennie yeji ýeonjun wonhõ JR eunseo sunwoo seunghee wooşeok ýunho yoon ýooa taeyong jin pinky yunkyeong kariningning

image.pngE9kEx0GXsAo5KH2.jpg

9e70ce154109a70d6bcdae828ddc88d19e689c2c.gifv810880c1cda3fb4a25e239b04d7d3376dd59ab2e.gifv

0ab0162f72738439a2310e05f360d4c0234f993c.gifv14f22f579f886ecb2b3aa6a2715cea21b4df0eac.gifv

• I just want people to understand there is no such thing as surpassing when it comes to different generations and what was possible during that period.

Yoona an Suzy achieved so much they achieved the BEST of the BEST for what was available then, in light of social media switch.

Now the new girls can also achieve the best in THIS period.

Imagine your time at uni in 2007 being the same as in 2021 it wont make sense. Is your degree in 2007 less important and outdated no it is sill relevant and well deserved.

I think kpop has an ageist problem when they do these comparisons

• Seulgi just added one as Salvatore Ferragamo global ambassador.

Also before her scandal, Irene had about 10 cf deals in Korea.

Joy too is rising.

External Content youtu.be

• Wah you revived this thread haha.

Seulgi just added one as Salvatore Ferragamo global ambassador.

Also before her scandal, Irene had about 10 cf deals in Korea.

Joy too is rising.

I think jisoo, joyseul and solar really glowed up since last time I made the list. I think seulgi has another cf. I'll look for it when I'm making the article. Yeah Irene was in my article she was tied with jisoo at that time ig. Ill make a part two at the year end. It'll be easier to record all their cfs.

Ice-like eyes, breaking me in two

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!