Posts by flowerbutterfly

Well, they just debuted like a year ago so they have alot of time to improve. I feel like people have these high standards for them because they blew up so quickly...

Same thoughts. I have no problem to admit there's still room for improvement in some aspects but people really have such high expectations with rookies these days and like you said since aespa became so popular all the eyes are on them. You don't become a good performer from the get go (there're cases but it's not the usual), it's something you get better with experience and they have like what?? 2 o 3 performances in front of small crowds?? Rumour says they will hold their first concert (tour?) this year so they will be able to have some fun with fans and interact with them finally :pepe-sad:

yeah i read your post. This is no disagreeing, I'm just curious about it

what do the lack specifically according to you? Expression?

This. "the thing with aespa is they really have blank faces the most of time, plus they aren't the most energetic performers that could cover up their expressionless" They need to be more expressive on stage, right now it's low energy + no expressions so not a good combination. Will they improve with more experience in the future? That's what we'll have to wait and see.

Nah it's ok, to each of their own i guess. I'm just hoping you're not following the train because this stage presence conversation only been brought up after aespa getting big . Honestly I'm curious, what's they're lacking about according to you?

I explained to you on the previous post. I stanned them since debut lol I brought up the stage presence topic for that reason because it was a hot topic after their end years shows. It was never a negative post ;( I was just admitting even they are still lacking, people are being too harsh on them and we need to give them more time

The notion that you need to have great facial expressions to have good stage presence is a really weird & false KPOP myth.

Especially when some idols are constantly winking, biting their lip, etc, etc, it can get distracting.

Good facial expressions are just a bonus, but they aren't always necessary. They wouldn't be receiving so many views on their fancams and performances if they were bad performers.

Plus their whole concept and lore revolves around SMCU, it's a bit...inappropriate to start winking and giggling while singing about fighting black mamba. They also debuted in a pandemic. So all things considered, they aren't that bad as performers.

I agree with you good facial expressions =/= a good performer, it's just a bonus. The thing with aespa is they really have blank faces the most of time, plus they aren't the most energetic performers that could cover up their expressionless. Groups like everglow or pixy with dark/girl crush concepts are looking fierce just fine without winking or giggling.

It's okay, I don't think they are that bad performers as kpop stans claim either, esp considering they are rookies and debuted during a pandemic but I admit, there's still lacking and things where to improve.

watch the other members facecam too and tell me your opinion

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

winter and karina won't have the top 2 most views that day if they're disappointing.

Damn I didn't want to make this about dreams come true ;( Karina and Winter are popular, it's normal they get a lot of views. My main point was while it's true they need to impove on stage, they are still rookies and they debuted during a pandemic, people need to give them more time. I just mentioned DCT because I thought the concept (savage, NL) was the main problem but it's not (imo). I hope I got my point across this time, the main thing is: they are still lacking on stage but it's too early to judge them like many are doing, they've only performed in front of a little crowd for a few times and recently.

I hope I expressed myself better this time :shyy: it wasn't about DCT or something negative

I just expected more from them for dreams come true. I thought a brighter concept would be easier for them and I guess not. Giselle has always been good at facial expressions compared to the others but I expected more. I guess I just had high expectations for this remake

Hi, long time no see :saint: I took a break from this place and I'll keep away from this forum (too much toxicity for my liking) but I wanted to discuss a few stuff about aespa that I've seen a lot of people discussing it. THE POST IS GONNA BE LONG.

Popularity:

-Korea: Winter and Karina are the most popular members in korea and it'll continue like that, Winter being the most popular atm, tho i don't think the gap is big. I think sm will pull a snsd with them and they'll promote Winter and Karina like taeyeon-yoona. Winter will be pushed as artist (pretty talented artist with a nice voice) and Karina will be pushed for her visuals, she's already known for her visuals and I don't see how sm will miss that chance to not promote her as such.

They barely have individual gigs so we'll see how things will evolve with more individual activities and comebacks.

Ningning: she shines in singing, charisma, personality and visuals. For obvious reasons she's not as popular as winrina in Korea but she's one the most popular members between international fans and she's the member most loved by non fans by far. Sadly she doesn't have a dedicated fandom like winrina yet. She could become very popular in china when/if she gets solo activities there.

Giselle: there's a member who is always the least popular and that's Giselle. She had the chance to become one of the most popular members between ifans but the scandal ruined it. She shines in rapping but she hasn't had the chance to shine in it yet (smtown collabs were a good start, hopefully SM keep giving her these type of opportunities) and variety content, especially when she speaks english, unfortunately sm sucks at giving aespa content outside of promo comebacks. I know since the scandal giselle has been critized for her dancing a lot, she just had 11 months of training, people needs to chill, she'll get better. She should pull a ryujin and find her own style as performer since she lacks energy but she has a natural swag and she's good at facial expressions.

SM hit jackpot with Ninging and Winrina, they are such stan attractors, unfortunately for Giselle who also has qualities to be a stan attractor (especially for the west) but the rest are overshadowing her a bit and the scandal didn't help either. She'll be fairly popular so I'd not be worried about her.

I'll continue on spoiler to not make it that long

Feel free to reply ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

I just saw this, how is this not talked more on this forum when MMM is one of 3rd gen representative groups??

I'm not gonna say I'm surprised about wheein decision if you follow a bit mmm you'd know there were some chances some of them wanting to move one from idol life, as group at least.

From the beginning when they showed us the performance I was disappointed by watching the choreo. The girls slay it but I still find it weird. They were more fierce during the BM era, I guess they were told to not give 100% energetic moves and rather focus on their hand clarity. Still, this choreo is a weird combination, though I love the hook step.

And about expressions, again I guess to give that chill vibe they show that variation.

But I think the choreo would look a lot better if they were giving 100% energetic moves because now the choreo just looks awkward and low energy. Some moves make no sense and don't offer anything to the choreo either. They just need to relax a bit and try enjoy the song and performance instead of focusing on fierce look. The choreo isn't the best and they are working with whatever someone gave them but not everything is the choreo fault.

As positive note they are very in sync.

Since we have a group focus fancam of next level I can give my honest opinion about the choreo nobody asked for. The choreo looks awkward, specially some moves but I think the choreo would be fine if they were more energetic but they are not, I don't know the reason. And probably someone told us to go for fierce expression that's why expressions of all of them are similar, tho at least Karina and Giselle tried to smile a bit here and there instead of the cold look all of the time. I hope they get more comfortable in the next music shows.