so does aespa actually sing live?

• everyone's been saying they only lip sync (and badly at that) but i haven't watched enough of their performances to actually have that information. so i went to go listen to their performances and some of their mr removed videos...but everyone in the comments is talking about their amazing live vocals.

so i'm confused. are they singing live all the time and just have really loud backtrack? are they prerecorded vocals but everyone is calling it live on a technicality? ?(

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• also their encores are really fucking good so why aren't they singing live all the time anyway??????? i don't understand sm at all i literally can't imagine a scenario where they're like "nah we don't want to sing live during performances"

ɪ

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

no i know i just got done watching this. i know they've done encores but i mean for other performances. if they got to focus on singing nobody would have anything negative to say about them i don't get it

ɪ

• no i know i just got done watching this. i know they've done encores but i mean for other performances. if they got to focus on singing nobody would have anything negative to say about them i don't get it

I don't know much about their latest performances (I am out of the loop in kpop overall now)

but I still am giving aespa a time until judge their stages it is always like this in the begginin (for some groups) theres a lot of complain and talk all that but later the group gains more confidence and fans and everything gets on the right place idk what else to say people sometimes are simply too quick to jump into conclusion idk give them a time I guess?

• everyone's been saying they only lip sync (and badly at that) but i haven't watched enough of their performances to actually have that information. so i went to go listen to their performances and some of their mr removed videos...but everyone in the comments is talking about their amazing live vocals.

so i'm confused. are they singing live all the time and just have really loud backtrack? are they prerecorded vocals but everyone is calling it live on a technicality? ?(

If live singing is consider non existent with back track, then there is rarely any kpop groups do that. Most Kpop groups will sing prerecorded or have really loud back tracks.

If you hear a performance with great pitch and no breathing, then it is mostly prerecorded. If you hear breathing then some imperfect Pitch, or unstable then this is most likely singing with backtrack.

I believe aespa singing most of their performance prerecorded. People call this lipsynch. In their encore, they sing live with a bit of backtrack

In MAMA, Most kpop or maybe all kpop groups fall into these 2 categories. I can see why people want aespa to performe with backtrack.

• i've seen some comments saying they even prerecord the breathing which is so wild to me lol

honestly i don't think i even care if any idols lipsync as long as they sing live during concerts and festivals but i got thrown for a loop by the comments on youtube so i wanted to see what the truth is

ɪ

• i've seen some comments saying they even prerecord the breathing which is so wild to me lol

honestly i don't think i even care if any idols lipsync as long as they sing live during concerts and festivals but i got thrown for a loop by the comments on youtube so i wanted to see what the truth is

they (i mean idols in general) don't purposely prerecord their breathing. they just prerecord a clean version of the song off stage and then lipsynch to it while lipsynching. that way, the performance would sound live but be better than if they were actually doing it live while dancing. the breathing sound is just an inevitable side effect lol.

I don't see why they prerecorded breathing unless he or she mistake it for breathing techniques.

Most groups nowadays still do prerecorded for comebacks. They may do a few singing with loud back track. For festivals and concerts, they mostly sing with back tracks. Singing live is kinda rare unless they do acapella.

• they (i mean idols in general) don't purposely prerecord their breathing. they just prerecord a clean version of the song off stage and then lipsynch to it while lipsynching. that way, the performance would sound live but be better than if they were actually doing it live while dancing. the breathing sound is just an inevitable side effect lol.

that makes sense! i knew about prerecording but i couldn't tell the difference between actual live singing and prerecorded lip syncing...i'm not sure how anyone could really tell? unless the live singing was horrendous or smth

ɪ

• I don't see why they prerecorded breathing unless he or she mistake it for breathing techniques.

Most groups nowadays still do prerecorded for comebacks. They may do a few singing with loud back track. For festivals and concerts, they mostly sing with back tracks. Singing live is kinda rare unless they do acapella.

i always expect a little bit of backtrack. i don't understand the issue with it tbh unless it's super loud and overpowering to the point where they might as well be lip syncing entirely bc you can't hear them anyway

ɪ

• that makes sense! i knew about prerecording but i couldn't tell the difference between actual live singing and prerecorded lip syncing...i'm not sure how anyone could really tell? unless the live singing was horrendous or smth

I have already stated above. Perfect pitch and no breathing while dancing is equal to prerecorded. breathing and unstable equal to singing with backtrack.

• i always expect a little bit of backtrack. i don't understand the issue with it tbh unless it's super loud and overpowering to the point where they might as well be lip syncing entirely bc you can't hear them anyway

Loud back track kinda mask the idol breathing and unstable while dancing. It's hard to keep good singing while dancing. Some will turn down back track when the song requires minimum movement.

• they (i mean idols in general) don't purposely prerecord their breathing. they just prerecord a clean version of the song off stage and then lipsynch to it while lipsynching. that way, the performance would sound live but be better than if they were actually doing it live while dancing. the breathing sound is just an inevitable side effect lol.

Have you seen this one? She's an ex Crayon Pop member. There's no english sub but got the translation from the main site:

Way replied, "There are times when we do a separate MR recording for music programs. Many of the large agencies do it but it depends on the station or the broadcast company." Then she went on to explain how the recording is done. Way elaborated, "We did it a few times too but this is how we record. You have to sound like you're out of breath so you run while you sing. There are agencies that record this or sometimes the broadcast companies record for us during rehearsal."

She then concluded by clarifying that the live singing is first recorded, and then the idol groups only put on a performance during the actual broadcast.

External Content www.youtube.com

• that makes sense! i knew about prerecording but i couldn't tell the difference between actual live singing and prerecorded lip syncing...i'm not sure how anyone could really tell? unless the live singing was horrendous or smth

I don't know how to put this but it is easy for me to tell that a performance is lipsynched to a prerecorded vocals. first of all, the prerecorded vocals are usually mastered and edited and tweaked around, so the final product would sound obviously enhanced and can't possibly be genuine. second, it is often easy to tell that someone is only moving their lips along without actually making a sound. finally, it is humanly impossible to sound that perfect while dancing lol., when you move around, your mic will also move around which makes it near impossible for the sound to be concistently steady. it is just impossible.

besides, these companies usually use the same recording over and over again, so when you compare performances of the same song you will notice that they all sound the exact same.

• they sang live often people only prefer to focus on the lipsync performance because it give them an opportunity to attack them

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• so i'm confused. are they singing live all the time and just have really loud backtrack? are they prerecorded vocals but everyone is calling it live on a technicality? ?(

I remember Ningning said in one of aespa behind videos that they actually sing on stage, so that makes me believe that they indeed sing on stage but we can't hear it because of the backtrack.

• They lip syncing in their US shows is the last place to do that. It’s different from kpop. Lip synced performances are dragged hard and you won’t be appealing to most audience

Idk why their management don’t encourage them to sing live for those shows

i can't think of any kpop us tv show that was genuinely live lol (maybe except for SNSD's The Boys from years ago)

so i don't know why you're singling them out as if they were the first or only ones who did it.

• I remember Ningning said in one of aespa behind videos that they actually sing on stage, so that makes me believe that they indeed sing on stage but we can't hear it because of the backtrack.

i watched this video for the first time literally today and it pissed me off

they were actually singing live while recording (and this is more than just one stage) but for some reason the live is always overwritten by the standard prerecorded vocals for the final video.

• i watched this video for the first time literally today and it pissed me off

they were actually singing live while recording (and this is more than just one stage) but for some reason the live is always overwritten by the standard prerecorded vocals for the final video.

This is why I don't trust Kpop music show performances. It's like they're hiding the idol's hard work. Imagine when you're actually singing on stage, but since your audience can't hear you, you get accused of lipsync anyway.

• i can't think of any kpop us tv show that was genuinely live lol (maybe except for SNSD's The Boys from years ago)

so i don't know why you're singling them out as if they were the first or only ones who did it.

Maybe most kpop fans thinking nowadays this is live because they are holding the mic. It seems that they singing mostly over a prerecorded track.

External Content youtu.be

Or this.

• This is why I don't trust Kpop music show performances. It's like they're hiding the idol's hard work. Imagine when you're actually singing on stage, but since your audience can't hear you, you get accused of lipsync anyway.

I understand why from an audience perspective, the behind the scenes work wouldn't matter as long we can't hear the actual live singing in the final performance. But it sucks that this has to happen in the first place. Kpop became so obsessed with perfection, they no longer allow any room for flaws. But these flaws were some of the spice that made the performances enjoyable.

• i watched this video for the first time literally today and it pissed me off

SM problem. They want perfection.

• SM problem. They want perfection.

not only SM fault, kpop fan fault too, they can't even make the difference between lipsync and real live performance unless the singer isn't able to hold a note

i remember clearly how after this performance people were criticizing aespa for lipsyncing saying that a real live performance wouldn't be so clear and stable, that it was too perfect vocally to be a live performance

and after seeing this someone from the backstage had to release the performance sheet on a korean community proving that this performance of Aespa was MR and not lipsync

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• Maybe most kpop fans thinking nowadays this is live because they are holding the mic. It seems that they singing mostly over a prerecorded track.

Or this.

yep, these 2 performances are definitely not live lol. it is just that 1- these 2 groups are more charismatic than Aespa so their lipsynching looks more authentic and 2- their fandoms pushed a false narrative about them never lipsynching and now everyone takes it at face value.

these US tv shows' performances were also lipsynched

so i don't understand why Aespa are being singled out. It's either lack of awareness (also known as delusion) or bandwagon as usual.

• The first part seems to be singing live with a bit of backtrack. The second part seems to be prerecorded.

chounim , what do you think?

• They are the punching bag for lipsyncing now. It's easy target after their MAMA performance.

• The first part seems to be singing live with a bit of backtrack. The second part seems to be prerecorded.

chounim , what do you think?

It's entirely lipsynched. This is trhe exact same recording they use every time they perform BM

we should put the "recording sheet" argument to rest once and for all. it was proved inacurate several times. i remember Yumeku once made a thread about performance that were undeniably live but tagged as LAR in the recording sheet while other were undeniably lipsynched and were tagged MR in the same sheet. It's ridiculous how people take those sheets as gospel.

• majority are lipsync stages but doesn't mean that they never goes live at all

Here I bring 1 example of live performance months prior,

Live performance:

External Content twitter.com

You see the feet matching to the beat (see the details)

This was one of winter gestures when she's singing live, (radio won't allow lipsync by the way)

External Content twitter.com

You see the hands matching to the beat

So in here you can see exactly the same gestures that winter is doing therefore I believe this is one of live performance of aespa.

• Aespa can sing

Aespa lipsync 99% of the time

Are two statements that holds true and can occur simultaneously at the time

Anyway hopefully SM realise how stupid it is to train and spend money on training their acts vocals yet limits them to performing the same lipsync stages

• I really don't get why they made them lip sync for some performances. There are not many of them so there might be no lack of microphones or other problems... I don't get it.

They are top level singers in my opinion, so why make them lip sync?

Not a good decision. For some performances, for technical reasons, there is no other way than to lip synch, but in the meantime I have the feeling that SM does not use the potential that Aespa has through her unique qualities as a good singer.

I definitely see this as a management mistake. I have the feeling they want to make them appear perfect.

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• how do u even differentiate live and lipsync these days? Idk I barely find live performances these days from 4th gen yet under every performances there are like comments "the mic is on", "they r so stable live" etc this makes me so confused lol, i would appreciate if anyone make thread differentiating live and lipsynced performances from 4th gen groups. And for the lip syncing department i dont think Aespa is the only, but I usually see them being singled out.

• Yes they've sang live to kpop standards which is each member sings their own parts and then the chorus is prerecording they've mentioned this themselves but even their encore stages isn't live enough for some people :sketchyk:

People that want a live performance while dancing want 1 without backtracking but you'll never find that in kpop so asking Aespa to perform 1 is ridiculous :annoyedk:

• This thread contains 6 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!