Should IVE have been a 5 member group?

• Just watched this video from early November and she raised some good questions.

It really seems like there was 0 reason to debut Leeseo. They could have saved her for their 5th gen group.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• As per the video, usual ifan non-sensical rambling. Leeseo didn't debut because she was 14, she debuted because her skill and qualities as an idol are already top notch for a rookie. There was no reason for Starship to not have her debut when she's ready. In a few months she will be 15. Again, these ifans didn't say shit when it came to Yuna or even Wonyoung, or the maknae from Rocket Punch (who debuted younger than Leeseo) about debuting at a young age. Makes you THINK

• I knew this was going to be about Gaeul. But she's cute and seems nice, she can stay fine in the group. Maybe her time to shine will come later.

As per the video, usual ifan non-sensical rambling. Leeseo didn't debut because she was 14, she debuted because her skill and qualities as an idol are already top notch for a rookie. There was no reason for Starship to not have her debut when she's ready. In a few months she will be 15. Again, these ifans didn't say shit when it came to Yuna or even Wonyoung, or the maknae from Rocket Punch (who debuted younger than Leeseo) about debuting at a young age. Makes you THINK

Reading comprehension is just not your thing, is it?

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• even if she's just 14, her skills are on par with the other members and she's pretty. It would be really unfair if they'd let her rot in the dungeon for 5 more years and having her maybe not even making it cause she might not fit the concept of the next group or she might choose to leave the company earlier and debut in a nugu group. It's really dumb to waste the time of someone who's ready to debut. I bet not debuting would give her even more stress, many talented trainees never make it. Lee seo brings more to the group than gaeul no offense

• Damn! Shots fired at Gaeul.

People get her and Leeseo confused a lot so theres no reason to have both.

Leeseo should have stayed on the bench till 2024.

The fact she's gone viral, gets a ton of views, and a lot of fans shows they definitely needed to debut her right away. Starship debuted the group to make money, not appease some ifan's hypocritical and contrived sense of "morality"

• i mean, i agree with the whole she's young thing. but like seriously, its not like this hasn't happened. its a reoccurring thing. it happened with taemin, hyuna, jisung, wonyoung, and sungjae (just to name a few off the top of my head).

• Please tell me what your signiture is from??

Is Odd Eye Circle back???

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• this thread is about leeseo lmao

I'm looking at it from the realistic point of view

Who contributes more to the popularity, all the members but Gaeul comes last in that aspect

But it's not her fault, it's just that the other members just have more 'stand out' factors that might have more immediate appeal

Wonyoung = height + Produce + visual

Yujin = height + leader + Produce

Leeseo = it-factor + maknae + visual

Rei = Japanese

Liz = Lisa-look-alike buff + blonde hair

But Gaeul is still good, nothing wrong with her

• i mean, i agree with the whole she's young thing. but like seriously, its not like this hasn't happened. its a reoccurring thing. it happened with taemin, hyuna, jisung, wonyoung, and sungjae (just to name a few off the top of my head).

I can agree with both sides. Now that she has debuted it was obviously a good call.

But if they saved her for later I don't see the harm in that either.

Krystal was also 14 at debut. But turned 15 a month later.

• I can agree with both sides. Now that she has debuted it was obviously a good call.

But if they saved her for later I don't see the harm in that either.

Krystal was also 14 at debut. But turned 15 a month later.

yup, i totally get that argument.

i didn't know that about krystal!

• External Content www.youtube.com

Nice! Very cool and unique MV.

• Just because it happened before doesn't mean it's okay

And who judges what's okay? Their family, their country, their peers, their industry, the vast majority of their own country, have zero problems with it. It's been 20+ years of debuting young idols every once in a while, nobody said to ban the practice

• maybe.

but leeso is a strong stan attractor and has good visuals so I see why starship wanted to debut here even tho she is young.

• Just because it happened before doesn't mean it's okay

no, ofc.

but like people act like it doesn't happen.

and honestly, as someone who's still around her age: if its something im willing to do, id do it. idk how much of debuting was her decision, but if she's alright with it, and her parents are alright with it (because obviously she's a minor and they both have a huge say in the matter), im not gonna complain about 14 y/o idols. but if i had to set an age, id say at least 17. 14 isn't nearly mature enough for a person to debut, its a lot of stress at such a young age. you lose so much of your childhood as well :(

• There was no reason for Starship to not have her debut when she's ready. In a few months she will be 15.

what about the part where shes a literal kid? :pepewhat:

also "she will be 15 in a few months"... :pepe-cringe:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• And who judges what's okay? Their family, their country, their peers, their industry, the vast majority of their own country, have zero problems with it. It's been 20+ years of debuting young idols every once in a while, nobody said to ban the practice

its not healthy/sage for a child that age to be under the country's scrutiny.

but like i said to ghosting already, im sure the people around her have taken a lot into consideration before agreeing.

• I actually thought Gaeul really stood out with a bright cute charm in their medley cover video. I thought she was one of the main highlights. She was so bright. I don't see her as particularly lacking to the other girls.

• And who judges what's okay? Their family, their country, their peers, their industry, the vast majority of their own country, have zero problems with it. It's been 20+ years of debuting young idols every once in a while, nobody said to ban the practice

It can still be wrong even if everyone is ''okay'' with it. It's been 20+ years of people sexualizing and companies exploiting young idols too.

• I actually thought Gaeul really stood out with a bright cute charm in their medley cover video. I thought she was one of the main highlights. She was so bright. I don't see her as particularly lacking to the other girls.

The rest seem to have quicker attention grabbing due to various factors, but obviously she was chosen for a reason. Her charms might just take longer for more people to notice them

• It can still be wrong even if everyone is ''okay'' with it. It's been 20+ years of people sexualizing and companies exploiting young idols too.

Don't equate the two, debuting young and having them going through directly harmful circumstances aren't one and the same. Risk will ALWAYS exist in everything, but I do agree with being EXTRA careful about protecting underage idols

• its not healthy/sage for a child that age to be under the country's scrutiny.

but like i said to ghosting already, im sure the people around her have taken a lot into consideration before agreeing.

that's a theoretical perspective. Potential for harm exists but that's why there's laws and standards in place. It's not like teens are literal babies, they can still do a lot of things. it really depends on the individual and their unique situation, rather than just their age

• Just watched this video from early November and she raised some good questions.

It really seems like there was 0 reason to debut Leeseo. They could have saved her for their 5th gen group.

External Content youtu.be

but who would tehsub stan if they didnt have leeseo :pepe-peek:

LAFBL0s.gif

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

• Don't equate the two, debuting young and having them going through directly harmful circumstances aren't one and the same. Risk will ALWAYS exist in everything, but I do agree with being EXTRA careful about protecting underage idols

When they're young, they usually have little say in what happens to them. You already know that it's a lot harsher for younger idols. It is just too risky for young idols to make their debut. It's not even risky, it's not even a risk. They WILL be sexualized and mistreated. Also companies are not EXTRA careful, they're not careful. They treat them like adults and way older than they actually are.

• that's a theoretical perspective. Potential for harm exists but that's why there's laws and standards in place.

is there though? for underage idols?

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• that's a theoretical perspective. Potential for harm exists but that's why there's laws and standards in place. It's not like teens are literal babies, they can still do a lot of things. it really depends on the individual and their unique situation, rather than just their age

that's also a theoretical perspective lol.

how many of these companies actually follow these laws and standards. their childhood is bound to be affected in some way, whether it be developing some sort of mental health issue because of public critique or just not getting to spend as much time doing what other kids their age were doing.

• When they're young, they usually have little say in what happens to them. You already know that it's a lot harsher for younger idols. It is just too risky for young idols to make their debut. It's not even risky, it's not even a risk. They WILL be sexualized and mistreated. Also companies are not EXTRA careful, they're not careful. They treat them like adults and way older than they actually are.

All idols have little say in anything. In this case, the child has to depend more on their parents. If they have bad parents, then yes, that would be very detrimental. But this is where checks and balances have to come in, and they change certain laws regarding how long underage idols can work in a day. Kids will be mistreated in school, and Korean male society as a whole lusts over school girl fetish. So, just keep kids at home? No, they can still do what they have to do, or what they want to do, but big barrier of protection must be in place

• cant believe there even has to be a debate on whether its good to debut a 14 year old idol :pepe-cringe:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!