Do you think Pose would have been a better title track than Queendom

• Which song do you like better? 19

1. Pose (13) 68%
    2. Queendom (6) 32%

I heard this song from a Yebinade video and it piqued my interest. I decided to listen to the whole song and...it's so good! The chorus is incredible, so catchy and the vocals are phenomenal. I think if they maybe cut one rap verse, it totally could have been a title track. Queendom is nice, but it's so safe and...forgettable . You hear the chorus of Pose once and fall in love with it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Also check out the Yebinade video

• I mean Queendom works just fine. It's fun and it was a song that I got really addicted to this year, but I can see why people might prefer Pose more or why it would work as a title track. It's a bit more bolder and striking.

I certainly would be okay if it was the title track instead. It's good and interesting.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• I like Pose better as a song personally but I rather assumed RV was intentionally coming back with a bright and happy feel good song like the ones that were so successful in the past. It was a safe and smart choice to re-engage people IMO.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I think Pose is definitely bright and uplifting too though

Queendom to me is a lot more in the portion of the red lane with Power Up-Red Flavor-Russian Roulette lane than Pose, which is what I assumed they were going after. Pose is certainly still a red song, but it's not quite the same as those others I've listed.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• If I heard both as bsides I would think Queendom deserves the title but Pose is the better song overall imo

Watch the live it's even more fun

lt64IYu.gif

• I think Pose has too many strange sections for it to be the title tbh, I think the chorus is title track material but it's kinda like making Attaboy the title, just wouldn't work imo

• No I think SM definitely wanted to play it safe with Queendom since it was their first comeback in awhile, and it paid off, it did very well on the charts.

• Sm really should've gone with Pose for the title track. Sounds more like a "hey bitches, we're back," type of comeback which Red Velvet have pulled off before (Bad boy)

I THINK SO TOO! It's confident but also very uplifting. Imo it's much more memorable and I've listened to Queendom probably a hundred times and I've only listened to Pose twice.

So I disagree with most people in this thread. I think they made the wrong choice. People are saying it was smart for SM to play it safe. SM has been risky with NCT and Aespa releasing their experimental stuff, so since when have they cared about playing it safe? Also, yeah Queendom did well but anything they released would have done well. We were all anticipating it their first full group comeback since Psycho. In terms of impact though, nobody is gonna care about Queendom in a couple years. I think if Pose was the title track and they made some minor tweaks, it would go down as one of their stronger comebacks in their entire career.

• I THINK SO TOO! It's confident but also very uplifting. Imo it's much more memorable and I've listened to Queendom probably a hundred times and I've only listened to Pose twice.

How I relate to this! I know most of Pose from only listening to it five times whilst I don't remember the verses from Queendom.

As you said, anything Red velvet would release would have done well, so why not go for something bold and out there??? Glad to know we're on the same wavelength here!

• Hopkinz

Selected a post as the best answer.
  • I understand that Queendom is safer, especially since RV was coming back after a bit of turbulence, and Queendom doesn't try to do anything out of the norm for the group.

But Pose is a bright, energetic summer track and it's immediately catchy. I'm kind of surprised with all the people saying that Pose isn't bright and "red" like Queendom, even though it's far more similar to (my favorite RV title ever) Red Flavor than Queendom.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• Yes, because it sounds like an f(x) album track and honestly I missed that sound a ton. Though I did like Queendom(seriously people who think that it's bland have not suffered through the r&b Velvet experience), I simply find Pose the better track, as I'm more into pop music for stuff like basslines over vocals.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!