Mina is back from her suicide attempt

• I hope she makes a quick recovery and can get some treatment. Mental health has to be taken more seriously as so many idols suffer it. I wish her well.

She was in hospital a few days ago and already back on IG.

People around her should press for more help and she should stay off SoMe😩

• this will be same story over and over again...

someone should put her in mental institute, for a year without all social media and whole outside crap, just give her tv to watch some news, and that's all

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• this will be same story over and over again...

someone should put her in mental institute, for a year without all social media and whole outside crap, just give her tv to watch some news, and that's all

I disagree mental insitute is not the way to go, how about just a family or friends that care instead.

• I disagree mental insitute is not the way to go, how about just a family or friends that care instead.

nah... honestly of course fam and friends help and visits will be important but with so many suicide attempts and being razor thin close to death she really needs professional help and being under cam for 24hrs...

saying this as person who was able to 'save' someone from 2nd suicide attempt...

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• its clear her family and friends are not helping or much interested.. its also clear that she herself wont leave social media for her own good..

If something does not change with the way she and her family is dealing, this will only become a cycle, and her condition even worse

I think it is already a cycle

She alienates people though so she’ll be all alone.

Not good

• I think it is already a cycle

She alienates people though so she’ll be all alone.

Not good

yeah its happened two times.... her mother either needs to help her or maybe even she needs help.. at this point the family is a gone case..

Mina had so many friends in the industry as well, I wonder if they dont wanna help or if Mina herself is reluctant to actually improve.. It is sad and pitiful

• It's not easy for family or friends to help someone who is not interested in getting help. Maybe they've tried or are trying but Mina is too stubborn to listen to them.

I don’t know if the reports of her mother sending photos of her suicide attempt to her one night stand are true….but yeah ahe needs to take care of herself.

I don’t know what to do if no one can get through to her 🥺

• nah... honestly of course fam and friends help and visits will be important but with so many suicide attempts and being razor thin close to death she really needs professional help and being under cam for 24hrs...

saying this as person who was able to 'save' someone from 2nd suicide attempt...

I mean I was heavily depressed and wanted to kill my self and putting me in something like this would have made me do it.

No. Just no.

That sounds good in theory, but it sadly doesn't work that way in many situations. We can't be sure if she even has any friends or family members who are able to help her. Maybe they've tried, but couldn't.

I mean sure maybe as like the last last resort put her in this place would I would never want to go into something like this after hearing of some bad experiences.

• I disagree mental insitute is not the way to go, how about just a family or friends that care instead.

Mental illness is same as physical ones

you wont recommend someone with cancer to just rely on their friends and family

People with mental illness need professional care too

• A mental institution would be good for her. She needs professional help and there she will be around people who will look after her. Also, she needs to run away from the toxic lifestyle and social media. It will be like a detox.

Friends and family can't help you a lot at this stage. Not sure if some advice and some kind words will help her. Can't blame her family as both her mom and sister fight cancer, so for sure they have a hard time too, it's hard to help others when you can't help yourself. She even attacked her own sister.

The thing is that she doesn't want to be helped. She refused the help of psychologists and fired several nurses. Not sure how mental institutions work in SK, but in mine, unless you no longer can't take decisions on your own or if you are over 18, you can't be placed in a mental institution without your own agreement. So stop blaming her family or friends. They can't do miracles if she doesn't cooperate, and no one can look after her 24/24.

Easy for outsiders to say that love and care is a cure for all but Mina is clearly not in the right state of mind, a danger to herself and others and that should not be a burden on other people. She needs professional intervention.

All she does and has been doing is lashing out, and when it doesn't go her way, she attempts suicide as emotional blackmail which is toxic and manipulative as hell. No one should have to carry that burden.

• Mina had so many friends in the industry as well, I wonder if they dont wanna help or if Mina herself is reluctant to actually improve.. It is sad and pitiful

I dont think they want to get involved with Mina, one word which Mina take it the wrong way and they are gonna get dragged in a scandal in SNS just like she did with the nurse

• Easy for outsiders to say that love and care is a cure for all but Mina is clearly not in the right state of mind, a danger to herself and others and that should not be a burden on other people. She needs professional intervention.

All she does and has been doing is lashing out, and when it doesn't go her way, she attempts suicide as emotional blackmail which is toxic and manipulative as hell. No one should have to carry that burden.

I dont think that is true at all.

• I really hope that Mina gets better. I’m seriously worried for her, and I can tell she’s in a deep space in her life right now. She isn’t getting the proper support she needs, and it’s heartbreaking to witness. I don’t really believe in the whole mental institution thing, but some people don’t have a healthy support system to rely on. Maybe therapy would be of use instead?

・❥・🖤🤍~A wish your heart makes~🤍🖤・❥

♥︎♥︎

• There's a midway point between no medical help and then being admitted into a long term mental facility.

It's called IOP - Intensive Outpatient Program

She'll be with therapists, psychologists, and psychiatrists for 8 hours of the day but she can sleep in her own home without being admitted overnight. They'll work with her to help her cope with her symptoms (being suicidal is a symptom of depression, let's not treat it as an attention behavior) and manage her medications.

Normally these programs last 2-3 months depending on the patient and they contact the patient to ensure they are safe outside of the program hours. If they can't get a hold of the patient, they will contact the authority for a wellness check.

Idk if it's in South Korea but if it is, it would be a good first step for her.

This is coming from someone who has attempted suicide multiple times. This program has changed my mental health and really put me on the correct step to recovery. It doesn't make you feel alone and helpless but it also doesn't push you to the brink of suicide because people think you're "crazy".

~ ω

• I’m sorry you ever felt that bad🥺.

Is this help available in Korea? Given the high suicide rate in Korea there might be a lot of stigma in seeking help😳🤗🥺

• I’m sorry you ever felt that bad🥺.

Is this help available in Korea? Given the high suicide rate in Korea there might be a lot of stigma in seeking help😳🤗🥺

I'm not sure if it's in Korea but I really hope it is! The stigma is still present all around the world sadly....even here in America. Definitely better than Korea but there's still a lot of judgement towards people who are suicidal and who take time off of work for their mental health....

~ ω

• On social media again? Someone should take away her phone. I think it’s addiction at this point. I think a mental health clinic would be the best for her as well. We already got the prove that she won’t get much help from family and friends.

• I'm not sure if it's in Korea but I really hope it is! The stigma is still present all around the world sadly....even here in America. Definitely better than Korea but there's still a lot of judgement towards people who are suicidal and who take time off of work for their mental health....

In Korea the suicide rate is 27 %.

It’s devastating to say the least.

America had a decline in suicides pre covid. Don’t know if it changed as the numbers are not out.

I’ve researched in in Korea (researching for a documentary about Korean youth) and it’s just…grim😩

• In Korea the suicide rate is 27 %.

It’s devastating to say the least.

America had a decline in suicides pre covid. Don’t know if it changed as the numbers are not out.

I’ve researched in in Korea (researching for a documentary about Korean youth) and it’s just…grim😩

That is so sad to hear god.....I really wish there wasn't such a stigma in mental health. People only care about physical health but don't realize that mental health can lead to death as much as physical health can too!

~ ω

• This thread contains 10 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!