Is the tide turning against AOA's Mina after her cheating scandal?

• Article: "I feel sorry for AOA and Jimin"

Source: Pann

It's honestly amazing how everyone keeps believing in someone that admitted to taking psychiatric medication. She even said she can't eat but yet she's doing mukbangs to show people how to eat? Does that even make sense?

Jimin must've cried a lot after reading the malicious comments and felt the criticism was so unfair after Mina went public with her sex life. I feel sorry for her.

1. [+335, -63] I'd like to hear Jimin's side too but it's hard now because she left the group..? I don't think she'd want to comeback as an idol anyway with how much netizens cursed her in online communities.
    2. [+276, -32] I think Jimin said something to her as the leader and Mina got upset. Jimin has always been nice to her from what we could see. Mina never seemed to be passionate about singing compared to Jimin so does it make sense she forced her to exit the industry like that..? Is it even enough for her that Jimin gave up everything to self reflect?
    3. [+203, -26] I feel even more sorry for Jimin since Mina has always been the victim type..
    4. [+134, -3] It's so funny how everyone keeps asking why Jimin didn't clarify things if she felt it was so unfairㅋㅋ. If the other person is threatening suicide and the public opinion is already tilted, would you have even listened to her if she tried to explain it?
    5. [+130, -3] I think those two were at odds and fought often but I don't think it was bullying. Jimin is the type to speak up if she's angry but with Mina's quiet personality she probably felt she was getting bullied. Maybe it's just me, but if I was the leader and someone wasn't singing or dancing well, I'd be vocal about it too. Jimin's methods might've been wrong so the members probably went back and forth with comforting her but I don't know if its at the level to call it bullying.
    6. [+101, -7] At first I couldn't help but believe Mina when she said she was bullied by Jimin and Seolhyun and the other members kept quiet. But looking at it now, I honestly don't see what AOA members did wrong..
    7. [+83, -6] I've been an AOA fan for 6 years and Jimin has always been a soft-hearted person even though she looks tough on the outside. I get so pissed seeing people trash Jimin's attitude without knowing the true facts of what happened...
    8. [+57, -0] Mina is seriously scary..
    9. [+31, -0] The reason why Jimin got hate was because Mina said she prevented her from seeing her dad on his deathbed but rumors are coming out that their manager dropped her off at the hospital but she's the one that refused to enter..?
    10. [+23, -18] Usually in disputes between members, the truth always comes to light after a few years. Remember T-ara case? AOA and now April, they're all the same.
  • Just because she did something with someone who was in a relationship, does not equate her to being a horrible person or that she lied about the Jimin thing. :pepefacepalm: Those are two separate things wtf

I guess you missed out on her ruining a nurses life, knetz haven't liked her since

• I think people stopped supporting her after that nurse incident. Also she lashes out a lot in public which completely destroyed the trust she had by the netizens. If you analyze all the comments made after the revelation of the bully scandal until now, people more and more stop supporting her. Most translations sites search for controversial comments but most of the comments that you read are similar to the ones by international fans who supported her in the beginning and slowly turned skeptical of her actions.

• Just because she did something with someone who was in a relationship, does not equate her to being a horrible person or that she lied about the Jimin thing. :pepefacepalm: Those are two separate things wtf

That’s true though but keep in mind that most translation sites search for controversial comments. Most people are just disappointed by her behavior and that nurse incident. Most people who write things like “poor jimin” are most likely AOA stans.

• Official Post

It's been turning for a while I thought. I feel like a lot of people have kind of taken a "really? again?" stance about her.

• Tbh I don't even stan AOA and I think Mina is shady af. If you watch that "viral" video about how she destroyed Jimin's reputation there are too many inconsistencies in the things she has said. Besides that, her actions thus far have shown that she's manipulative. That's just my opinion.

• I think people stopped supporting her after that nurse incident. Also she lashes out a lot in public which completely destroyed the trust she had by the netizens. If you analyze all the comments made after the revelation of the bully scandal until now, people more and more stop supporting her. Most translations sites search for controversial comments but most of the comments that you read are similar to the ones by international fans who supported her in the beginning and slowly turned skeptical of her actions.

Wait what nurse incident?

• I defended her all the time when she accused Jimin and I remember someone said it looked more like vendetta. I said it was just her way of coping with her trauma: talking about it. But now the more I see her name being mentioned, the more I keep questioning if it was actually just vengeance. Especially how she exposed Jimin bringing boys to the dorm. I understand how annoying it probably was to the other members but that looks more like slutshaming to me now.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• People have a weird way of boxing celebrities (and people in general) into 2 dimensional black and white figures. You can be a flawed person but still be a victim of bullying, these things aren't mutually exclusive.

That's true, but that, among several other things mentioned by the OP do call her credibility into question and people have condemned and written off Jimin based solely on Mina's statements.

Who's really getting bullied here? and why do people think that talking endless shit and calling another human being a "Bitch", "devil", "monster", "bully" etc isn't really f'd up and bullying in and of itself.

Another thing I found interesting was Mina's recent statement about her new boyfriends ex where she says "it's not my responsibility to care about who has gotten more hurt. [...] ". Yet, she and the mob have been adamant that Jimin is responsible for Mina's depression and suicide "attempts".

Completely unrelated, you could remove Mina from the equation of AOAs history with little to no impact on their sound where Jimin plays a huge and very distinctive role. Mina is really pretty and talented but.....Anyone who "just can't listen to AOA anymore after what Jimin did to Mina" is really missing out.

• Wait what nurse incident?

The one where she complained that she dealt with an arrogant nurse but the whole tone of her post was very weird (little bit arrogant) and a lot (like a lot lot) netizens were disappointed by her that she a) posted publicly about a non-public person in like humiliating her and trying to get her publicly shamed b) her tone was off.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!