AOA fan club issues statement on Jimin-Mina's alleged bullying controversy after a year

• https://www.allkpop.com/articl…-controversy-after-a-year

AOA's 'DC Gallery' fan club issued a statement on former members Jimin and Mina's alleged bullying controversy after a year.

In July of last year, Mina wrote a post on Instagram claiming she had been bullied by Jimin for 10 years. Though Jimin seemed to deny the claims, FNC Entertainment announced she would be leaving AOA and the entertainment industry a day after Mina's post.

On July 3, AOA's fan club on community message board site 'DC Gallery' issued their position on the matter after a year. The fan club stated:

"Today, a year after Kwon Mina's confessions, AOA DC Gallery wants to break our silence and make a statement about our position. We'll make it clear that this is not an accusation against a particular person, but we're correcting the stigma of harassment and neglect of 5 AOA members. We made this statement based on realistic evidence, such as the KakaoTalk group chat room where Mina communicated with her fans, remarks on Instagram posts, and live broadcasts. Through this, we'll make our following positions clear.

Firstly, we'd like to rectify some of the distorted facts and misinformation about AOA. In August of last year, FNC Entertainment announced in its official statement that it had dissuaded the AOA members from expressing their positions. Since then, many misunderstandings and speculation have accumulated over the past year, and the AOA members have suffered from malicious comments and rumors. However, FNC has neglected the members for a long year without any action or commitments. In response, our AOA galleries want to correct the distortions that have spread to the public on behalf of FNC."

On the claims Jimin kept Mina from visiting her late father in the hospital, AOA's 'DC Gallery' asserted they were not true. According to the fan club, it was Mina's own choice whether she visited her father in the hospital, stating, "Kwon Mina said in a live broadcast on March 7, 2021 that she had been by her father's death bed. She also said she did not visit the hospital herself because she was afraid it would disturb her drama schedule the next day if her manager drove her home and back even though it was 5 minutes away from the hospital."

As for the claims that Mina was an outcast in AOA and that she was unable to file a lawsuit against Jimin and the AOA members because of financial troubles, the fan club did not agree with Mina's position. The fan club stated, "Mina enjoyed promoting with AOA, and she even mentioned multiple times before her bullying claims that she had a good relationship with the AOA members. A complaint about Mina's bullying issue, which was filed through Kookmin Newspaper, was assigned to the Gangnam Police Station. The police contacted Kwon Mina in advance, but she refused the investigation herself."

The fan club also addressed claims that Jimin's retirement and the AOA members' silence meant they were admitting to the bullying claims, saying, "Jimin has never admitted to bullying Mina. She apologized for not being a more careful leader and retired from the industry."

In conclusion, the fan club urged FNC Entertainment "to fulfill their obligation to protect their artists" by taking legal action against slander and false information about AOA.

• My take on it?

• Agreed. Another analogy: if you get accused of something at your workplace and decide to resign because of it, does it mean you're guilty? Not necessarily. Maybe you're fed up of the massive shitstorm you're in and have no desire to fight an uphill battle against an adversary you cannot reasonably defeat.

When the controversy happened, Jimin was already a 30yo (Korean age) veteran. Her idol days were coming to a end anyway and she most likely knew it. She had little reason to expose herself even more.

• icyruios

Changed the title of the thread from “OA fan club issues statement on Jimin-Mina's alleged bullying controversy after a year” to “AOA fan club issues statement on Jimin-Mina's alleged bullying controversy after a year”.
    • Official Post

I think Mina felt bullied, but I also think that it's possible these things happened without malicious intention from Jimin. I do think some of the claims Mina made were more about trying to get revenge on Jimin than justice for bullying though.

I do agree with your points about them not being able to say anything due to Mina's mental distress at the time. There was really nothing they could say.

• You said everything I wanted to say but in better grammar.

I really don't get how people always associate staying quiet with being guilty when the person who is getting accused is always cornered to stay quiet because they don't have much choice. I didn't want to say anything back then even though Mina's allegations always seemed off and nonsensual but I didn't want to say anything because there was a possibility it was true. However, it hurts seeing thousands of Kpop fans cursing Jimin on her Instagram even in posts about her late dad by mocking him and her. The cyberbullying was disgusting and even if Jimin was guilty, it was not justified. The fact there is a big possibility that Mina was posting her imaginations all along makes this worse.

lt64IYu.gif

• You said everything I wanted to say but in better grammar.

I really don't get how people always associate staying quiet with being guilty when the person who is getting accused is always cornered to stay quiet because they don't have much choice. I didn't want to say anything back then even though Mina's allegations always seemed off and nonsensual but I didn't want to say anything because there was a possibility it was true. However, it hurts seeing thousands of Kpop fans cursing Jimin on her Instagram even in posts about her late dad by mocking him and her. The cyberbullying was disgusting and even if Jimin was guilty, it was not justified. The fact there is a big possibility that Mina was posting her imaginations all along makes this worse.

The biggest irony is how the biggest bullies are the ones on the internet

• The biggest irony is how the biggest bullies are the ones on the internet

Absolutely. The onslaught of disgusting name calling and accusations that you will now find on every AOA video is proof of this. And as you point out, the irony is that all the hatred and lies are done in the name of "anti-bullying".

I couldn't be more happy about this statement and I've become a huge fan during all of this nonsense myself. AoA and Jimin deserve way better.

• I will admit that I took Mina's side when the accusations first happened. I didn't hate on the AOA members, but I was disappointed. One year later, I feel so bad for them. I think Mina genuinely believes she was bullied, but what really happened wasn't bullying. Mina wasn't putting in enough work, Jimin got frustrated that she wasn't taking it seriously and was fed up with her.

• Now that you said it, it made me see the situation in another angle lol. Mina have always said Jimin’s apology wasn’t sincere. So what if.. it’s because Jimin didn’t outright claimed she bullied Mina and it’s another way of pressuring Jimin to “admit” it?

Once (main), Blink & Fearnot

• Mina made an instagram post, regarding the ex-girlfriend incident. I can't really translate it but I think she's saying she got some facts wrong regarding the ex-girlfriend. Also Jimin comes up multiple times.

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• At one point in life we need to consider if Koreans ain't overexagerrating things...

Probably 80-90% of bullying cases are just an internal group conflicts with both sides being just teenagers who don't understand life yet, and they were told to be besties but how to do it when people are so different? Ah and other side of the story is that from mg perspective being an prankster in Europe, or class clown could easily be treated as being an bully in Korea. You know those stories with "unnie spilled my favorite milk" etc lol

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• At one point in life we need to consider if Koreans ain't overexagerrating things...

Probably 80-90% of bullying cases are just an internal group conflicts with both sides being just teenagers who don't understand life yet, and they were told to be besties but how to do it when people are so different? Ah and other side of the story is that from mg perspective being an prankster in Europe, or class clown could easily be treated as being an bully in Korea. You know those stories with "unnie spilled my favorite milk" etc lol

But Unnie you did spill my milk! :pepe-cut:

• Mina made an instagram post, regarding the ex-girlfriend incident. I can't really translate it but I think she's saying she got some facts wrong regarding the ex-girlfriend. Also Jimin comes up multiple times.

External Content www.instagram.com

I got no idea why Jimin is mentioned in everything like this girlfriend incident doesn't even got to do with Jimin

• I got no idea why Jimin is mentioned in everything like this girlfriend incident doesn't even got to do with Jimin

I think because of the fan club's statement and also people just in general are doubting all of her allegations in the past year because she provably was caught lying. So she's trying to be like: I may have gotten some things wrong about this situation, but that doesn't mean I was wrong regarding the AOA situation.

Also she just can't stop talking about Jimin :pepestare:

• She basically says she's at fault when it comes to the ex girlfriend and admits her mistake but it doesn't mean she has something to apologize for to Jimin. She says she's still upset about Jimin and she still hasn't received a proper apology from her.

Besides that, I'm confused whether she's keeps talking about Jimin or switches back to the girlfriend incident. It seems a little all over the place.

Anyway I thought the shaman appeased her mind by exorcising the ghosts or something but it looks like the ghosts are back unfortunately. :/

• I think because of the fan club's statement and also people just in general are doubting all of her allegations in the past year because she provably was caught lying. So she's trying to be like: I may have gotten some things wrong about this situation, but that doesn't mean I was wrong regarding the AOA situation.

Also she just can't stop talking about Jimin :pepestare:

Everything looks sus. It seems like everything is about Jimin now rather than the ex-gf. Feels like it’s too timely after the fanclub posting to make a police report or sue Jimin in court. The apology started coming in, when days before it’s defending herself. It’s like ngl, she’s not being truthful or sth. I could be wrong..

• there are several issues with your take the first one being that you assume if Jimin did it, she would admit it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!