Groups that their company could never replicate

• For me I don’t think I’ll ever seen another group like BTS, SNSD, or G-idle from their respective companies.

SNSD is THE gg blueprint so much so that even now companies are still following that formula.

BTS is self explanatory, only in another universe could that happen again.

Cube struck gold with idle. Only 3 years in and they had already made a big name for themselves. 3 good vocalists, one of the best rappers in kpop who doubles as a genius producer, and a dancer with top tier stage presence and influence (she was bagging deals left and right before the scandal). It won’t be easy to find another Soyeon who can really tie that group together.

Any other groups that you don’t think their company can just redo

• I don't think any group can be replicated.. sure the industry is made for everything to be replaceable but it's never the same thing because each group requires unique individuals with different types of charm and skills that together create a different dynamic and a discography that most likely would sound different if sang by another group.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I don't think any group can be replicated.. sure the industry is made for everything to be replaceable but it's never the same thing because each group requires unique individuals with different types of charm and skills that together create a different dynamic and a discography that most likely would sound different if sang by another group.

Well of course, but in terms of overall success and power I don’t think we’ll see groups with power as such mentioned.

a boomer and a nerd?

who are you and what have you done with the real catzi???

• You've already mentioned them but SNSD.

Since SNSD debut they're been the formula for hundreds of ggs but not a single one has come close to matching the talent, mass appeal and versatility of SNSD. Even as individuals away from the SNSD brand they're still breaking new ground as singers, actresses, models, TV stars etc that many groups or idols can't reach.

I don't think SM is even bothered try to replicate SNSD anymore, probably going to stick to smaller ggs with their own particular gimmicks which in turn could become new trends.

• BTS bcoz they came from nothing. And made hybe a multi billion cooperation. Their juniors will always have the advantage like any other big company groups. Only a phenomenon is future can create such success. But that is once in generation

Cube had beast who were much bigger than idle among gp and fanbase too. Selling out tours . Sorry to say the hype they get, their numbers are underwhelming , especially in digitals.

• Cube had beast who were much bigger than idle among gp and fanbase too. Selling out tours . Sorry to say the hype they get, their numbers are underwhelming , especially in digitals.

I don't know much about Beast but (G)I-DLE 's last album was Cube's best selling release ever iirc. In terms of tour, (G)I-DLE was about to embark on a world tour last year but covid said no, so there's not much they can do in that regard right now. In terms of digitals I think they're doing fine. (G)I-DLE's uniqueness doesn't lie in raw numbers anyway.

• WM Entertainment will never have a group like ONF again

8D Creative will never have a group like OnlyOneOf again

Beat Interactive will never have a group like A.C.E again

Jellyfish Entertainment will never havea group like VIXX again

DSP Media will never have a group like KARD or KARA again

MLD Entertainment will never have a group like T1419 or MOMOLAND again

Starship Entertainment will never have a group like SISTAR again

CUBE Entertainment will never have a group like PENTAGON again

SM Entertainment will never have a group like TVXQ or SHINee again

RBW Entertainmenrt will never have a group like MAMAMOO again

YG Entertainmenrt will never have a group like AKMU again

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• SNSD, was a perfect storm in all the important idol talents and traits, as not seen before or since.

After School, haven't seen another group like that in K-pop.

Big Bang, even YG tried to create similar successors but failed to capture the full package that made Big Bang great and one of a kind.

BTS, no need for explanation, even BH won't be able to recreate what BTS has built.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• no group can be replicated to 100%.

Of course you can create groups with the same amount of member, similar concepts, visuals or voices.

Success, longlifety, uncanny careers but also peserve when facing hardships will be the hardest to replicate.

SNSD and BTS no explaination needed. See people above.

T-ara stood successfull in other countries after they got exiled because of the scandal and even comeback and win a show after years when the scandal was cleared. Other Groups would have disbanded.

Blackpink because of international success and in other fields then only producing music.

Brave Girls because from a small company no other group would have survived such a long time without succes. Also the way they finally reached succes will be nearly impossible to reproduce.

JYPE will never be able to produce another TWICE. They are strong in every area, physicals, digitals, views, streams, touring etc. Not to mention the biggest Kpop female artist in Japan by far.

Twice should be in the list because they have the highest sales of any girl group. that will be hard to replicate.

But i guess if you manage to create the most successfull group in asia and you also have some japanese members. the success in japan would be a given and not that hard to replicate. 8o

I guess there are a few more Boy Groups worth to be mentioned but i lack the knowlegde to do so.

• Twice should be in the list because they have the highest sales of any girl group. that will be hard to replicate.

But i guess if you manage to create the most successfull group in asia and you also have some japanese members. the success in japan would be a given and not that hard to replicate. 8o

It's not just their Japanese success. Like I said, they are strong in all areas. And, even if they do manage to create a group successful in Japan, there is no guarantee they would reach TWICE's level.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!