The selection for the k trainee for girls planet 999 is desapointing

• Hello, Im new on the site this is my first post

I’m disappointed by the k trainee selection but I was expecting that for this competition mnet and cjm will not do what they have do in produce 48 but they have do worse clearly the people who selection the k trainee didn’t have the same objective in mind or were not the same people than the the one who selected the c trainee, clearly for the c group they choose experience and talent before visual but for the k group they choose visual over all

But don’t get the wrong idea I knew that the overall level of Chinese participant will be better than the Korean (I watched produce 101 china and youth with you )but clearly their first objective was not talent, that doesn’t mean that there isn’t people with great talent in the k group who are really good or excel at least at one category, vocal, dance, rap or stage presence (ex: Bora and seung eun), yes korea is country a lot more homogene ethnicly than china and so naturally you will have less diversity physic and facial among them but the k group look too similar that was not an accident i feel they have a specific visual in mind, compare to weki meki or bvndit or the 1 season of produce 101 or the survival show the unit in term of visual diversity and you will see the difference, people want to make me believe that in the 40 million Korean hab that mnet or cjm couldn’t find 33 girls between 16 and 25 years old who look diverse enough without them being ugly , who have at least one talent and are decent performer.

If Korean don’t update their game in the near future the public will go to look for the Japanese and china idol market the Chinese market is still young but they will catch up really fast and eat them even the japan overall has better dancer ( the dance level in korea is mediocre even for big compagnies ) and they are not as much stan atrractor than the Japanese girls in generale.

I wish good for luck for the Japanese and Korean trainees maybe they will surprise us.

( sorry for my bad English this post is a mess ).

• coeurdedemon

Changed the title of the thread from “the selection for the k trainee is desapointing” to “The selection for the k trainee for girls planet 999 is desapointing”.
  • I hope I'm wrong, I didn't want to say that they are untalented because they aren't but Im afraid that korean and japanese trainee will be overshadow by chinese one

• I'm waiting for the performances, the auditions not so much, but the covers usually show lots of gems

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• There are a couple of girls in the k-group that caught my eye for sure in terms of visuals. (kim sooyeon, kang yeseo, an jungmin, lee hyewon) But in general, because of their strict beauty standards, not a lot of diversity in visuals. Something else felt like it was missing in their performance.. I don't think it was skills, but maybe passion/energy? To me, it looked like the c-group and j-group wanted to be there and gave it their all. Could also be their center, as they do set the tone for the performance, and both the c/j centers stood out much more. It's also really early and we barely see much. Can't wait till it starts!

• Lol I don’t think kpoppies are just going to migrate en mass to the japanese and chinese idol industries in the future just because some experienced and older Chinese contestants on this one show are getting the slight edge compared to the Korean team which consists of like half trainees who never even stepped on a stage. China’s idol industry picked up some steam like last year and now simmered down due to the ccp and Japan’s industry isn’t as open and set up the same way as Korea’s. This comment is a stretch LOL

• There are a couple of girls in the k-group that caught my eye for sure in terms of visuals. (kim sooyeon, kang yeseo, an jungmin, lee hyewon) But in general, because of their strict beauty standards, not a lot of diversity in visuals. Something else felt like it was missing in their performance.. I don't think it was skills, but maybe passion/energy? To me, it looked like the c-group and j-group wanted to be there and gave it their all. Could also be their center, as they do set the tone for the performance, and both the c/j centers stood out much more. It's also really early and we barely see much. Can't wait till it starts!

you're right, my picks fot the k group are an jungmin,kang yeseo, kim bora, kim chaehyun, kum doah, kim sooyeon, lee chaeyun, lee-ra-yeon, shim seung eun, yoo dayeon and yoon jia

they did great for the second party of the song but for the first party they lacked power and energy

• Honestly I agree. The Chinese girls are above the rest when it comes to visuals IMO, but that’s almost always the case. Just watch a Chinese survival show (be it a girls or boys). And the Japanese girls seem more charismatic.

I had the same issue with Produce 48. The Korean trainees were definitely more skilled but they also were very…idk charmless(?) in comparison.

• You did not know Chinese ones were better because they were not. Korean ones were not any inferior to C nor J fractions. How did you know K trainees were not talented when you had not seen their performance in small groups? Koreans surely will later show you the result of their more intensive training later on, just like what happened in Produce 48.

If Korean don’t update their game in the near future the public will go to look for the Japanese and china idol market the Chinese market is still young but they will catch up really fast and eat them even the japan overall has better dancer

The very problem here is you who need to wake up. What a fantasy is this.

• Don't worry about your English, you are fine. Most of us are not English speakers anyway.

The perception about the Korean trainees is just that a perception.

The Chinese trainees, we have seen them before. Some of them. Either with Produce or Youth with you.

But some of the Korean trainees are already established idols, or trainees from very good houses.

I for one will wait for the show to actually start and see them all individually before I cast any votes.

There is one Japanese trainee that caught my eye that would do very well.

• Honestly I agree. The Chinese girls are above the rest when it comes to visuals IMO, but that’s almost always the case. Just watch a Chinese survival show (be it a girls or boys). And the Japanese girls seem more charismatic.

I had the same issue with Produce 48. The Korean trainees were definitely more skilled but they also were very…idk charmless(?) in comparison.

yeah it's almost like they lack heart or have no passion for what they are doing that maybe because of kpop trainee system or culture

• yeah it's almost like they lack heart or have no passion for what they are doing that maybe because of kpop trainee system or culture

Yeah it all feels very robotic and samey you know. Like okay you can do a choreography well, now what else?

I don’t know if it’s because I don’t follow jpop groups that closey and I’m not used to their culture, but Japanese girls on Produce 48 were so much more fun to watch and like a breath of fresh air. That said I’m sure there will be some gems among the Korean trainees that’ll shine throughout the competition.

Are you Chinese by any chance?

The C-trainees mostly looked like regular girls you'd see in the streets of Shanghai. And all three teams blended visually. Except for the mixed member, there's more visual diversity in RV alone with Irene - Seulgi - Yeri.

I didn't see any trainee who could potentially be another Wonyoung, Xiyeon, or Yiren. I think these trainee selection overall carries on 'charm' factor rather than raw visual.

• Are you Chinese by any chance?

The C-trainees mostly looked like regular girls you'd see in the streets of Shanghai. And all three teams blended visually. Except for the mixed member, there's more visual diversity in RV alone with Irene - Seulgi - Yeri.

I didn't see any trainee who could potentially be another Wonyoung, Xiyeon, or Yiren. I think these trainee selection overall carries on 'charm' factor rather than raw visual.

Nope. I’m British. And I’m not a cpop stan either lol. I’ve watched a couple Chinese survival shows just because I like survival shows and that’s about it.

Chinese trainees are just more appealing for me I guess. Not saying the rest of the girls are ugly or anything, but the Chinese bunch was just prettier in my eyes.

• It won't be another PD48 where MNET pretty much built its mainline story line on how undertrained the "foreign" girls are. That's for sure.

Not with girls like Roada, Su Ruiqi and the center Xiaoting and their experience from YWY and Chuang on the C-Group.

Even considering that the K-Group have debuted members of Fanatics and Cherry Bullets (Kim Doah, Rayeon, Bora, Jiwon), I thought the C-Group's perf was a bit better. And the song was in Korean!

Looks are subjective but the C-Group also stood out visually.

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• Look how far mighty Msnake has fallen. Imagine going from the superstars in Izone to whatever is going on here. Izone did this during PREDEBUT when half the girls were like 17.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Are you Chinese by any chance?

im not chinese but that an interessing point of vue

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!