Bambam's interview sparks heating debate

• DC9-C6-E68-CC27-40-AF-A474-28-BC06-A3-E2-A8.jpg

What's the key to the success of GOT7?

The first is 'language'. They weren't many multilingual groups like us. We needed no interpreter for Thai, English, Chinese nor Japanese. We could communicate directly to fans. Most groups needed interpreter to translate from Korean to fans. This was a key to our success.

The second is our bond. We 7 were sincerely close and did not try to act coolly. We tried to be our true selves. Many well-known groups are not sincerely that close but pretend to be. We never did so. We all were close. Now that we've signed to different agencies, we still hang out. Not many groups in the showbiz are close like us. You may have known some. Many pretend for fame. I don't like that, it's fake.

Edited 2 times, last by superyeah: Moderator's note: OP's comment about NCTzens was edited out because it was unrelated and unnecessary. ().

• Official Post

What's there to debate about? Do people really think he's lying? Most kpop groups are coworkers. Yeah they may hang out every now and then after they disband, but I highly doubt most of them are seeing or talking to each other every single day like they did when they were still a group.

Also what's with the random NCT drag?

• And thats why you never were as successful as these claimed groups, interesting....

Ofc we know not every group are bffs, they just have to get along like it or not for the sake of the group since they are stuck together for years. Stop trying to shade other groups just because yours failed.

• Official Post

And thats why you never were as successful as these claimed groups, interesting....

Ofc we know not every group are bffs, they just have to get along like it or not for the sake of the group since they are stuck together for years. Stop trying to shade other groups just because yours failed.

:pepewhat:

You don't even know what groups he's talking about though. You're literally projecting which says more about how you feel than anything.

• This is why i am still seething about Izone. The girls are still communicating with each other months after disbandment, the news reports have already stated that one of the biggest factors allowing for even the possibility of a redebut is the girls wanting to do it.

Izone was a literal machine onstage, performing like 7 year veterans, while also being genuinely nice people offstage who actually get along with each other and spend time together outside work.

• kpop fans do it all the time to boast about their faves, and in the nature that he said in response to the question, I see no problem

he answered the question genuinely.

Well, he is not a kpop fan. Second, the question was about the key to got7 success, so for him to go on about how they weren't as fake as more successful groups literally does not answer the question, if that was truly the key then it couldn't possibly be the one thing that sets them apart from groups that are MORE successful than them. He was being unnecessarily catty and ended up sounding bitter.

• Official Post

Well, he is not a kpop fan. Second, the question was about the key to got7 success, so for him to go on about how they weren't as fake as more successful groups literally does not answer the question, if that was truly the key then it couldn't possibly be the one thing that sets them apart from groups that are MORE successful than them. He was being unnecessarily catty and ended up sounding bitter.

The members have GOT7 have said for years that their bond and their relationship with each other (and their fans) are the reason the group works. It's always been 7 or nothing. The reason the group survives today is because they all made the decision to leave JYP not just together, but for each other. To them that is the key to their success.

• I am confused. What is the debate about?

:melon_think::melon_think::melon_think:

What is there to debate?

What's there to debate about? Do people really think he's lying? Most kpop groups are coworkers. Yeah they may hang out every now and then after they disband, but I highly doubt most of them are seeing or talking to each other every single day like they did when they were still a group.

Also what's with the random NCT drag?

debate, where? your fanfic game is terrible.

It's been a heating argument on twitter, at least in Thai, between

1) He said a truth and he did not give name

2) He clearly criticized other groups, saying they were "fake" and purposedly or carelessly triggered readers to suspect what those "fake" groups were.

Also, he sparked heating discussion what those "fake" groups could be.

did you typo 'netizens'? Because I don't see the correlation whatsoever.

It's correctly NCTzens. Netizens discussing what groups he talked about and NCTzens responded as such. NCTzens said, watching their live streaming videos, it was crystal clear some members were not close, being awkwardly silent next to each other, buffering before calling one's name etc. It was an indirect compliment that their fave were real, not fake.

• The members have GOT7 have said for years that their bond and their relationship with each other (and their fans) are the reason the group works. It's always been 7 or nothing. The reason the group survives today is because they all made the decision to leave JYP not just together, but for each other. To them that is the key to their success.

That's the thing though. For example he could have just said this if he wanted to talk about got7 success:

The second is our bond. We 7 were sincerely close and did not try to act coolly. We tried to be our true selves. Many well-known groups are not sincerely that close but pretend to be. We never did so. We all were close. Now that we've signed to different agencies, we still hang out. Not many groups in the showbiz are close like us. You may have known some. Many pretend for fame. I don't like that, it's fake.

But mentioning other groups who are like that does make him come across as bitter.

I'm not saying he is that just looks like it.

That's not to say he should be attacked for this, k-pop fans need to learn for idols to be more straight forward while talking even from their non-faves.

• Official Post

It's correctly NCTzens. Netizens discussing what groups he talked about and NCTzens responded as such. NCTzens said, watching their live streaming videos, it was crystal clear some members were not close, being awkwardly silent next to each other, buffering before calling one's name etc. It was an indirect compliment that their fave were real, not fake.

Yeah no shit most of them don't even see each other for months at a time.

• I don't get the disparity where kpop fans get to run their mouths and want honesty from idols, but his straight forward answer isn't acceptable, not to mention it was hardly bitter or toxic in that sense. I think what may happen is kpop fans will get hurt for some reason by imagining he's coming for their faves and breaking some illusion.

But I suppose to each their own how they interpret and wanna take it

It's cringey when fans say it too. Even more cringey when an idol does.

The members have GOT7 have said for years that their bond and their relationship with each other (and their fans) are the reason the group works. It's always been 7 or nothing. The reason the group survives today is because they all made the decision to leave JYP not just together, but for each other. To them that is the key to their success.

He could have said exactly what you said and it would have been great, but he made it all about how they were not like other FAKE (particularly more popular) groups and that's what made him come off as bitter to me.

• :pepewhat:

You don't even know what groups he's talking about though. You're literally projecting which says more about how you feel than anything.

Yes ofc i don't know which groups exactly he's talking about but "many well known groups" says enough, he could have chose better ways to express himself.

• lol who is close with all the cowokers.. there are bound to be some people who are closer and some who arent as close because different kinds of personalities exist and not each of them is supposed to be match..

And its not exactly an act but a work ethic to try to atleast act close and nice to all..

I dont get this tea he is trying to spill which is cold as hell cause there the friendship is never the same even in a group of 3 people let alone 4 or 7 or 10 or 13 or even 23 lol

• There is no debate. Plenty of people have said the same thing and it’s not hard to understand why. He said what he said and it’s not even anything new so why people feather ruffle?

• What's the problem? Idols being honest and saying what they really think?

Oh yeah, they should just fake it and act like they are supposed to, for us to like them.

He didn't say anything wrong, he just spoke his mind, he didn't insult anyone, so I don't know why some are feeling offended.

Also he just said this was the key for GOT7 and we all know nothing is wrong with the group not being that close, if it works for them, groups just have different dynamics.

Edited once, last by keaji ().

• This is a weird thing for people to get upset about. He didn't say anything untrue. Even other idols have said similar things about groups not really being close. He never mentioned anyone specific. He could be talking about anyone.

• the point of kpop is to be fake. I guess he missed the memo lmao

And u dont really have to friends with ur colleagues. Thats completely okay. He is right but hes making it a issuewhen its really isnt

• What's the problem? Idols being honest and saying what they really think?

Oh yeah, they should just fake it and act like they are supposed to, for us to like them.

He didn't say anything wrong, he just spoke his mind, he didn't insult anyone, so I don't know why some are feeling offended.

Also he just said this was the key for GOT7 and we all know nothing is wrong witth the group not being that close, if it works for them, groups just have different dynamics.

I don't get why are people offended he didn't even mention any group.

Like if others get offended because you think he is referring to a certain group, or he is shading your faves (even if he didn't name drop anyone), that's totally on them.

• I don't get why are people offended he didn't even mention any group.

Like if others get offended because you think he is referring to a certain group, or he is shading your faves (even if he didn't name drop anyone), that's totally on them.

Exactly.

Also if he said he doesn't like 'fake', that doesn't mean fans shouldn't like it either. We all can like whatever we want and that's his opinion.

No wonder most idols wouldn't share their honest opinions, because people always make it an issue.

• It's true but I can see how he worded it would rub some people the wrong way.

I do think however that just because groups contact each other less after disbandment doesn't mean they aren't close or were faking it. Similar to a friend or family moving away, naturally you contact them less and time moves so quick that not talking to someone for a month or maybe even more doesn't feel so long. At least from my experience, that's the case. Even my sister who I'm really close to, I don't talk much to anymore but I still love her and love being around her when we do contact each other.

Being bestfriends who talk everyday doesn't make a relationship anymore real or fake than another in my opinion

• This thread contains 42 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!